Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I bought this tubing when I had my EQ, from US Plastics:

A bit cheaper than the Tygon® ($1.59/foot) tubing @ $.96 a foot. I like that the Tygon brand is clear like the stock SSV whip. My tubing had a few imperfections, just slight but would cause kinks.

There is also a Tygon® Sanitary Silicone Tubing @ $3.54 a foot that I would love to try.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Personally I would want tubing rated for higher temp. That clear one says it breaks down at 300F. Read the spec sheets.

Im loving this unit, its really advanced, but im concerned with only one minor thing i understand the the rest of it so far, maybe my material is too fine grinded because when i hit it slowly or faster draws my material swirls up into the cheating thing? ive only used the unit twice and once with a pretty good sized load and once with a very smaller bowl (i almost kinda combusted but i was experiementing with the knob and its super easy to get) but both loads would almost spiral upward almost going into the heating chamber? maybe i didnt attach hose right? but it seems airtight. thanks for the help guys loving this thing though

laugingsodreamy12,

Medical Mark

Well I just broke down and purchased a SSV yesterday damn VAS got be again waiting for the ascent I could not do it anymore,.
I realized I didn't have any desk top units anyway beside my vapexhale.
So I thought why not I need a reliable and powerful convection vape for my collection plus it glass which I really like.
Well tried it out and it works very well I think I prefer the glass on. Glass herb chamber the best then the small spherical attatchement.
I even got the oil attatchement and it works good, kinda cool when you drop your oil onto the nail then it starts to vape, but as you draw on the on the whip it just starts smoking cool to see.
Medical mark

Medical Mark,

Dreamerr

laughing sounds like you have everything backwards. Try to explain better.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: NeeChee
usps broke my replacement DV and now the SSV isnt producing any vapor turned at 2o clock method? i was working fine now its all screwed up, the screens not clogged i dont think its not even producing hits anymore, im trying to learn what im doing wrong? maybe clean the screen? and what do i have backwards?

laugingsodreamy12,

Dreamerr

There is no way to get bits in your mouth so you are doing something wrong. You got bad luck dude.
Tell us how you have it set up or put up pics which makes stuff a mess load easier to understand.

oh no i meant sometimes the material kinda gets close to getting in the heating thing i meant to say, it was working great this happened with my DV too i just gotta figure out why now its not producing vapor, on the dv i figured it was cleaning the screen but i dont think thats the case in this but it could be, ill post pics maybe its my hose? it seems to have fine suction and airflow.

and i know i have bad luck i have horrible luck in everything in my life it aint just vaping XD, i know its just something I'm doing something silly because it was working fine, i also dont have the best material to work with currently so its like. i aint even trippin ill figure it out eventually

laugingsodreamy12,

Dreamerr

Only fill it all the way down the bowl to about 1/3 no more then that. Remember push the herb all the way down it is not suppose to be at the end.

okay ill try diff loads ina bit its still somewhat browning it its just acting like its clogged and not producing vapor, but i havent been pushing down the herb so im going to try that its also been not evenly vaping the bowl throughout ive been stirring and trying to turn the wand around so it evenly vapes it to no sucess their will be half vaped/some greens i know im still learning so its probably me.

i keep seeing something about people pushing the knob/hc down what does that mean? maybe its that as im totally nub to this thing

h

laugingsodreamy12,

Dreamerr

pics is the only way we can tell what is going on vid is better.

Dreamerr,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
okay ill try diff loads ina bit its still somewhat browning it its just acting like its clogged and not producing vapor, but i havent been pushing down the herb so im going to try that its also been not evenly vaping the bowl throughout ive been stirring and trying to turn the wand around so it evenly vapes it to no sucess their will be half vaped/some greens i know im still learning so its probably me.

i keep seeing something about people pushing the knob/hc down what does that mean? maybe its that as im totally nub to this thing

h
The ceramic heater should be high as possible without touching the glass.Also you talked about loose bits in your wand flying around If you pack the wand by sucking it through the tube over your pile it should hold together..should

NeeChee,
i can see how people like this unit but its just not for me, its too much on the smokey side, by the time i see vapor in this unit it produces smoke? i cant seem to get a good all around brown avb with this unit no matter what i do? it feels as if im more smoking with this unit than vaping really. i wanted something more along the lines of the plenty and i prob shoulda bought that but the price made up my mind.

i was reading this unit gets up to 900f thats way too hot for me, in order to pull to what it seems like any normal draws i have to guess on so much variable factors that to me personally kills it as a party vape. and even to get a draw i have to draw slow (even at higher temps) and then gradually pick up my pace and even in the midst of decent looking avb theirs still black parts more in the center, I'm going to be trying more to see if i can fully understand this but for me this unit isnt very efficient accurate way of vaporizing. the smokyness of this unit has my throat drier and hurting worse than my DV (which causes a scratchy throat sometimes because of how close the straw is to the units oven), but just everything about the guessing is something i dont like (when the bowls done, the temperature, when its combusting) i guess i learned i dont like units that exceed 400f, i dont see a point in it personally for what i need

laugingsodreamy12,

Shiva

So Very Modern
Hi! I've been lurking and learning here for a little while. I'm about to purchase my first real vaporizer (currently using an Atmos Rx) - an SSV, thanks to this forum. :) :wave:

Dreamerr

laughing you are not using it right and you have a long tube in between so nothing is close. Also if you don't like stuff over 400 don't go over 400. I don't even go over 380. You don't give stuff a chance. There is a learning curve.

it just seems to me like it combusts in one spot? no matter what i do or how i try this unit is not heating up my herb to good decent brown avb (turns it black more), it was working when i first got it (more combusting though) but now it just always vapes one part of the bowl and the rest it leaves green, im trying to learn the curve but i havent learned anything yet and im like 4 grams used into this thing. the material spirals almost all the time into the heating element i dont know what to do, i try to evenly turn the wand so it heats all material but nothing it always just hits certain parts of the bowl and leaves the rest brand new.

overall not digging the variables in this unit, i couldnt imagine trying to get drunk people to use this thing ROFL. maybe my heating element is off or something because its not hitting like it was even with cranked up heat. it seems to me like people like this unit because it kind of almost smokes and people try to justify it that way (because its a "vape" because i havent found any vape sweet spot in the temperature control its always vaping/slightly combusting even with mid heat (which usually draws nothing thats what i dont like this unit) i think because the pathway is so dam narrow it cant fully hit all the material ive tried different everything loads, materials, cleaning the screen, i dont know ive been working alot so i can't be posting vids btu i guess i will be doing that soon so

and it might be my hose it always comes detached all the time, it seems to be getting air flow but when putting the hose together is their anything special it came detached.

laugingsodreamy12,

PhillyFanatic

I have had my unit for 3 days and it is as good or better than stated on this thread. Thank You to all the pros especially Vitolo for putting me on the right track. Like others I thought that the standard glass might be a little tricky to use one hand to heat up the herb and another for holding the wand. I was waaay off it is extremely easy to use, really if you can hit a bong with a lighter then the wand is actually easier to use. I have some heavy hitting ZOB bongs and I must say the SSV hits harder. Cleaning is a cinch after watching Vito's video. I have not turned mine off yet. This unit is perfect for everyone from pot snobs to neophytes.

PhillyFanatic,
Reactions: Dreamerr

PhillyFanatic

I met some of the 7th floor crew out in Dab City Denver at the High Times Cup 4/20. Cool people with positive energy, I am definitely glad I am now riding the wave. Thanks for the info on posting pics I was lost.

picture.php

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Nice pic! I wish i was rich enough to collect custom SSVs they look great on the counter.Once you get the hang of these units they just jeep getting better and using less.

Vitolo

Vaporist
it just seems to me like it combusts in one spot? no matter what i do or how i try this unit is not heating up my herb to good decent brown avb (turns it black more), it was working when i first got it (more combusting though) but now it just always vapes one part of the bowl and the rest it leaves green,....
Aim that wand around during the inhalation, so that all spots get tanned evenly.
Clean the wand also....
and the screen .. with 91% Iso...
clean wand = better performance

Breathemetal

Aim that wand around during the inhalation, so that all spots get tanned evenly.
Clean the wand also....

True words.
I clean mine every few days, idc about wand reclaim as I dont like to let it build up too much. Negates flavor imo. SSV is a beast! Cant wait to do dabs off of it

Breathemetal,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Breathemetal looking at your avatar and seeing those custom SSVs I thoght how cool to make amarvel line of wave riders would be.I would like a custom green Hulk one but in the pictures he is not screaming and bashin stuff hes all laid back with a stoned grin "only the SSV can tame the beast!"

NeeChee,
Clean the wand also....
Im trying man i really am im doing everything as im told and im still getting poor performance with this vape im missing the "easy" with this unit it feels like its just smoke not vaporizing. my throat hurts from this unit. this is just a easy vape for people who like smoking. its stupid to have a unit get this hot imo. no matter what i do or how hard i try the material spirals and wont stay in place it leaves 30% of the material untouched even when the avb browns i can see green trichomes, its poorly desighned, the temperature doesnt seem to control (the wand gets way hot and keeps burning even when detached) all my avb is just brown and black spots of herb and that isnt what i wanted i want nice carmel colored avb evenly.

im thinking maybe its something wrong with my unit because that wouldnt shock me me and my good luck, im sorry guys im trying to learn this, everytime i load more material it gets worse. imho the weirdest vaporizer ive ever used. before i see vapor it just seems to me like its smoke, i have to crank this all the way up too 2 oclock and take slow draws to see anything. lol this unit is pulling nothing with trichoime avb nothing i say. its acting like its "done" it wont hit all the surface area wow.

laugingsodreamy12,

DeltaNine

Im trying man i really am im doing everything as im told and im still getting poor performance with this vape im missing the "easy" with this unit it feels like its just smoke not vaporizing. my throat hurts from this unit. this is just a easy vape for people who like smoking. its stupid to have a unit get this hot imo. no matter what i do or how hard i try the material spirals and wont stay in place it leaves 30% of the material untouched even when the avb browns i can see green trichomes, its poorly desighned, the temperature doesnt seem to control (the wand gets way hot and keeps burning even when detached) all my avb is just brown and black spots of herb and that isnt what i wanted i want nice carmel colored avb evenly.

im thinking maybe its something wrong with my unit because that wouldnt shock me me and my good luck, im sorry guys im trying to learn this, everytime i load more material it gets worse. imho the weirdest vaporizer ive ever used. before i see vapor it just seems to me like its smoke, i have to crank this all the way up too 2 oclock and take slow draws to see anything.

Mouthpiece direct draw through the whip? Or are you using a water pipe adapter?

DeltaNine,
Top Bottom