• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concerned Mother

Still my favorite vape its been way over 10 years now, i wish i could upload pics of my set up cause it works rad for micro dosing still gives the biggest hits of all my vaped, including the cloud evo, flowerpot, enano ties for 2md with the coud. extreme q,
Describe your set up?

Concerned Mother,
Reactions: arb

hoptimum

I don't own one of those but I've seen feedback from people saying it doesn't do much. In my opinion there isn't enough mass there to hold a useful amount of heat. I've had no problems or concerns with the ruby ball mod.
The tubes don’t do as much as the beads

hoptimum,
Friday night my new SSV - an eBay blem, $160 to my door with a coupon code - showed up at my door so I spent the weekend with her. She’ll be in heavy rotation, though there’s plenty of competition in the house.

First impressions were great - the bag is much more useful than I expected and it’s an easy to use device with great flavor and cool hits that hit hard once the temp is dialed in correctly. I have an all glass air pathway now on order with the WPA and some other bits, as well as the heater upgrade…. I know most feel like the ball mod is significantly better, but for me the device already works in a way I’m satisfied with.

This thing is sick lol
I started out by cleaning everything, and maxing the temp for like 15 minutes. I cut it back to like 1130 just to be sure and waited another few. I knew with that lower temp I would have to slow my draw and I got light vapor almost immediately, great first bowl!

I have since had two more bowls and bumped up the temp each time (feeling spacey :lol:), sitting at almost 2 now and we shall see for the fourth bowl. (update, first hit on fourth bowl is best yet, tons of tsty vapor!)

The one problem I knew I would have was inhaling the scooby snacks, so after hating that during the first bowl, I put one of the DDave screen buckets underneath the big screen in that little hole? and it works great. Betting there is a better way but I am only on about page 120.

I love this vape so far tho and can't wait to get it super dialed.

I am always reminded how computer illiterate I am, two of my pictures do not download when I attach them, have tried so many things but I am giving up lol

Attachments

• IMG_3920 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3920 - Copy.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This thing is sick lol
I started out by cleaning everything, and maxing the temp for like 15 minutes. I cut it back to like 1130 just to be sure and waited another few. I knew with that lower temp I would have to slow my draw and I got light vapor almost immediately, great first bowl!

I have since had two more bowls and bumped up the temp each time (feeling spacey :lol:), sitting at almost 2 now and we shall see for the fourth bowl. (update, first hit on fourth bowl is best yet, tons of tsty vapor!)

The one problem I knew I would have was inhaling the scooby snacks, so after hating that during the first bowl, I put one of the DDave screen buckets underneath the big screen in that little hole? and it works great. Betting there is a better way but I am only on about page 120.

I love this vape so far tho and can't wait to get it super dialed.

I am always reminded how computer illiterate I am, two of my pictures do not download when I attach them, have tried so many things but I am giving up lol
One little hint I found with my own scrolling through posts is to, once you’ve found the temp that works for you, remove the switch and put it back on at 12:00 with that temp setting - there’s a rubber hose inside the glass switch knob that allows you to put it in any configuration.

I’ve been getting some scoobie snacks, too, but not enough for me to look for a solution yet.

Gnome34

I have not felt the need for the ball modification either. This is one hell of a vape. I sincerely wish I had found it sooner and saved so much money on vapes I don't really use anymore. The irony is I still would have bought the other vapes just to compare but such is VAS. Between two SSV and an LSV we are sitting pretty in my household. Still enjoy the Solo 2 and Hydrology NX9 for portable use but I don't see any purchases on our horizon.

7th floor needs to get a graphic designer and marketing team setup, it is insane that these products don't get as much attention as "shit" like dynavaps and storz and bickel etc. I love some of my storz and bickel stuff and the dynavap served a purpose when I had no tolerance. 7th floor needs to simplify and cleanup their website and youtube page. de-clutter.

The products are amazing, their presence online does not hold up. It will never cease to amaze me that the quality of vapor from a super surfer bag beats the quality of vapor from a volcano hybrid WITH an obsidian bubbler on top. That is like $300 or so more expensive for a slightly worse experience.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Describe your set up?
I have the heater cover that comes from the LSV. With the ground glass 19mm connection and one of those top hat - bucket screens like the stempod SI uses. at the end of the whip, I pack it then a little pack it down just a bit ( makes it super efficient ) so instead of packing way down in the stem the screen at the end of the whip now the bucket screen moved it much closer to the heater. I noticed that the straight air path gives me a better hit than the 90° angle ground glass heater cover.

Last edited:

howie105

The ball thing is cool in some ways, some new users came onboard, there are fewer shelf queens and what I found most pleasing, the mod was a community DIY. On the other hand, it's just a mod so in some situations for some users it will either succeed, make no difference or fail. That's why I modded my Surfer and NOT my LSV.

I have not felt the need for the ball modification either. This is one hell of a vape. I sincerely wish I had found it sooner and saved so much money on vapes I don't really use anymore. The irony is I still would have bought the other vapes just to compare but such is VAS. Between two SSV and an LSV we are sitting pretty in my household. Still enjoy the Solo 2 and Hydrology NX9 for portable use but I don't see any purchases on our horizon.

7th floor needs to get a graphic designer and marketing team setup, it is insane that these products don't get as much attention as "shit" like dynavaps and storz and bickel etc. I love some of my storz and bickel stuff and the dynavap served a purpose when I had no tolerance. 7th floor needs to simplify and cleanup their website and youtube page. de-clutter.

The products are amazing, their presence online does not hold up. It will never cease to amaze me that the quality of vapor from a super surfer bag beats the quality of vapor from a volcano hybrid WITH an obsidian bubbler on top. That is like $300 or so more expensive for a slightly worse experience.
Yup - their marketing is pretty abysmal, and they came to market really early so they don’t have the Reddit buzz to help like some of the smaller high demand brands.

I do feel like if I’d bought this earlier in my quest I’d have less vaporizers, yet this really compliments some of them - competes with others.

ChooChooCharlie

Saw Reddit post today, guy using Tafée Bowle ceramic "pot" in SSV wand instead of screen. Upper lip around pot with its o-ring make a good seal in wand. Herb closer to incoming heat stream, reducing the distance gap which develops laminar non-turbulent tunnel flow through load ... (that's a mouthful of a word salad, with a strong BS aftertaste)

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/p9r7j6
Edit, saw question in post below from @howie105 , loose fill in .10-.15g range. But typical grinder diving to fill with greedy finger tamping yields over .15g. Curious to hear from @Vitolo about this, he has the gear. The Reddit guy in vid said he modded his SSV with balls, which may account for the strong fast productive pull, and I'd bet there's blackened layer of AVB

Last edited:

howie105

Saw Reddit post today, guy using Tafée Bowle ceramic "pot" in SSV wand instead of screen. Upper lip around pot with its o-ring make a good seal in wand. Herb closer to incoming heat stream, reducing the distance gap which develops laminar non-turbulent tunnel flow through load ... (that's a mouthful of a word salad, with a strong BS aftertaste)

Would you know what the load capacity is of the ceramic pot? TIA

howie105,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ernielicous

Edit, saw question in post below from @howie105 , loose fill in .10-.15g range. But typical grinder diving to fill with greedy finger tamping yields over .15g. Curious to hear from @Vitolo about this, he has the gear. The Reddit guy in vid said he modded his SSV with balls, which may account for the strong fast productive pull, and I'd bet there's blackened layer of AVB
Hey bro thats me! Yup i have it with rubies & boro balls but the caveat is i also have it with the elev8 quartz cover! https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/quartz-heater-enhancement-tube/
Its skinny enough to still put a good amount of balls in it, it also allows the airflow hole to stay uncovered which TREMENDOUSLY improves airflow as opposed to putting the basket screen in it to keep balls from coming out, from the normal glass ball mod. ABV was dark but there was absolutely no char and the flavor was pretty good considering how much it milked the glass. I highly recommend the quartz cover because it pretty nuch protects the ceramic heater from ball fusion while also adding heat calories.

Concerned Mother

I have the heater cover that comes from the LSV. With the ground glass 19mm connection and one of those top hat - bucket screens like the stempod SI uses. at the end of the whip, I pack it then a little pack it down just a bit ( makes it super efficient ) so instead of packing way down in the stem the screen at the end of the whip now the bucket screen moved it much closer to the heater. I noticed that the straight air path gives me a better hit than the 90° angle ground glass heater cover.
That’s similar to how I use my SSV but I either use an arizer EQ bucket screen or a deeper one made for the minivap. Now I just need to complete the setup with a silicone hose and a small bubbler.

Chronicele

Hello friends, my SSV arrived a couple days ago, and I am a pretty big fan so far.

That said, I am having an issue where the SSV smells like "burned plastic" when it heats up (right out the box before attaching whip, no modifications). Not an overwhelming smell but enough to concern me. Does that seem normal or should I reach out to 7th Floor?

Did some searching and didn't find this issue.

hoptimum

I believe you’ve made an important discovery. I noticed the same thing.

I’ve been using the same SSV/LSV heater cover combo with a capped 19 mm adapter. Except instead of a whip I connect a glass J Hook. the result is a very smooth direct draw and efficient extraction, at least partially because the flower slides down toward the cap. If I load it right, I can inhale a bowl in a single hit.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hello friends, my SSV arrived a couple days ago, and I am a pretty big fan so far.

That said, I am having an issue where the SSV smells like "burned plastic" when it heats up (right out the box before attaching whip, no modifications). Not an overwhelming smell but enough to concern me. Does that seem normal or should I reach out to 7th Floor?

Did some searching and didn't find this issue.

Yeah, you may want to reach out to them. I have both a Silver Surfer as well as a Da Buddha, and I've never had that smell with either.

Top Bottom