ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You can remove the heater cover (when unit is totally cool) and grasp the element... and see if it will
allow itself to be raised up some.
Warmup could take 5 minutes up to ten depending.
The element does not die, but the red hot part can eventually move toward the top of the element.. as opposed to being the entire top half of glow.
The heating element should be much closer to the top of HC than 1/4 inch.
Try again, to raise the element if you are willing.
While I figure you have done all of this, I mention it anyway.
Twist the element clockwise and counterclockwise as you attempt to lift it.
Try to further adjust the wires, any knots or bends to see if you can lift element at all.
ALSO... check the knob.......
See if the glass knob is restricting how far you can adjust the Heater.
It can be removed and then put on again, in a more optimal position (if it was restricted)
Element itself is very sturdy:
CANNABIS is legal where you are?
It’s legal where I reside!
Beer and other drinkable item’s are offered?
Why is it not in market’s?
SSV’s would be in most dwelling’s!
CIVILIZED BEHAVIOR = CIVILIZATION

Vitolo

Vaporist
For the first 3 years of my Paying It Forward, Most patients acquired SSVs.
People had not yet begun donating vapes, and I was doing the buying of all vapes.
I owed the Universe a huge debt... and it felt good to pay!
I did not have to pay any rent back then, that was before life became less ideal.
7th floor, and the owner/creator/Glass pro Steve and his business were actually the first to help me
and support what I do.
I opened a wholesale account, which gave me retailer pricing, and I obtained exclusively blemished SSVs
and due to the nature of my "cause", I was allowed the discount and the blemish price.
Things of course have changed......
but I was able to get about 100 SSVs into the community.
It is still my daily driver... been on since 2010, minus 2 years in a Police evidence Locker.
( @SSV_Steve_Elev8 tell Steve K. thanks from Vito)
CANNABIS is legal where you are?
It's legal here now.
Dispensaries will sell recreational here in April 2021.
I will still keep my card.. I can get stronger edibles and pay less taxes that way.
There will be an SSV in most dwellings in due time!

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Got a microdosing ddave mod finally, and some of those silicone ceramic balls. More of what I wanted, but the ground glass cover seems spotty. Thinking of doing the spherical glass mighty capsule mod. I find it ironic that after all this time trying to escape the mighty I come back to it.

The 18-14mm adapter mod would be cheaper than the ddave mod, too.

Edit: Know what else would be nice? Spice up the whip. Anyone know of any better tubes we can get and some wrappings? I had to heatshrink my mouthpiece on the og 7th floor whip.

Last edited:
VapePerson,
Reactions: Vitolo

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Would have edited previous post if I could:
1. In the process of my research, I believe I've stumpled upon several ways to improve on the whip, starting with a way to get a little bit ofcooling in the SSV43 and solving that godawful mouthpiece at the same time: The Tornado Tip! This should provide a better seal and should provide some minor cooling for the sometimes incredibly hot vapour from the SSV43 and allow a better draw than the default tip. Plus, no more little bits of material in your mouth. The tip is 9mm, the inner diameter is 3/8" (or 9.525mm) should be close enough to resolve with fabric heat shrink tubing. If that's not palatable, viton orings are always an option so the mouthpiece doesn't slip and slide out of the whip. If that fails, the EQ Glass Whip Mouthpiece should also work.

Of course just after I posted that I stumbled onto something I forgot I knew about (an unknown known, rare), nectar collectors.

2. Speaking of the whip, I will be upgrading the vinyl whip to a 3/8" ID 1/2" OD food safe silicone tube as per the whip thread. The SSV's whip was never my favorite, custom vinyl or not. I would like to look into getting PTFE tubing at some point.

3. The spherical glass mighty dosing capsule mod doesn't actually require mighty capsules [;)] although those would be great for cleanliness and consistency of dosages. You stick this in your sphereical glass whip. That's it. Credit to Sk33mo on reddit (he's also on here) for this idea.

4. 3/5" flat PET expandable sleeving OR a flannel chain cover, ruffled, for a more comfy feel (and to cover up all of the resin buildup.

5. A Hookah Spring under the heat shrink to prevent kinking near the mouthpiece.

Is there any other way to improve the whip, besides something crazy like staying in place with metal tubing like the Crafty, or using dynavap stems as a mouthpiece? Maybe even a 7pipe as a cooling mouthpiece?

Last edited:
VapePerson,

blackstone

Alexis

Mrs.arb loves hers!
Lol, I always enjoy hearing mention of Mrs Arb! Best NY and general wishes to you and hoping you are well.

My own SSV, gifted purely by the great man Lazylathe, which I blew...would have certainly been repaired and running by now...except for harsh, prolonged UK Lockdowns, and my own phenominally difficult time health and energy wise.

But I'm determined to have it repaired. Avenues etc, stalled currently.

But you all excite me for sure.

Lovely Cinderella Jack vapor tonight. Dank-like, lovely buzz. Organic Sunsourced too. I shouldn't complain!

VapeIsland670

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am a brand new Super Surfer owner and just getting the hang of this beast. I'm sure I'll have questions but I'm going to read thru this entire forum before I start firing those off.

My experience has been crazy so far.....I could not get a hit on it out of the box....I tried everything (by everything I mean google and YouTube everything ssv, pull the heater up but not touch the heater cover, plug directly into the wall and not thru a power strip, etc) and couldnt get but a slight poof when all the way turned up....

I decided to then upgrade it to a SSV43 (I purchased some screens and some Ruby's online while waiting for the SSV to arrive so they were already on hand). After installing the Ruby's the thing will combust at the lowest temperature...no matter how slow I pull....so I kept experimenting. I ended up with about half the Ruby's and now I can hit it at the lowest setting.....and it's amazing......however if I power much more than the lowest setting I will combust (even using diff pulling techniques).....

So, just hope someone out there reads this and can figure out my issues. But tbh it's pretty dialed in now....just wanted more of a range of temp to play with or for it to work without the balls

Anyways, take care and happy vaping!

VapeIsland670,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
My experience has been crazy so far.....I could not get a hit on it out of the box....I tried everything (by everything I mean google and YouTube everything ssv, pull the heater up but not touch the heater cover, plug directly into the wall and not thru a power strip, etc) and couldnt get but a slight poof when all the way turned up....

I decided to then upgrade it to a SSV43 (I purchased some screens and some Ruby's online while waiting for the SSV to arrive so they were already on hand). After installing the Ruby's the thing will combust at the lowest temperature...no matter how slow I pull....so I kept experimenting. I ended up with about half the Ruby's and now I can hit it at the lowest setting.....and it's amazing......however if I power much more than the lowest setting I will combust (even using diff pulling techniques).....

So, just hope someone out there reads this and can figure out my issues. But tbh it's pretty dialed in now....just wanted more of a range of temp to play with or for it to work without the balls

Anyways, take care and happy vaping!
A. The heater rod should be about 5/8 of the way up the heater cover (a little bit past the middle). Yours could be too far up.
B. There should be just enough rubies to fill the heater cover without moving at all when you draw and without pushing out the screen. Troy's SSV43 used exactly 145 3mm balls, but each heater cover varies.
C. With the indicator knob facing 180 degrees, the unit should be off. My unit provides insane efficiency at 30 degrees.
D. Correct draw technique:
1. Draw very, very slowly, while also slightly increasing your speed for 5 seconds. This distributes heat evenly through the bud and warms the bowl..
2. Rip hard for a few seconds. This successfully roasts the bbud.
That's all you should need. You should only need to fill up half of the round glass wand, max. Speaking of:
...Of course just after I posted that I stumbled onto something I forgot I knew about (an unknown known, rare), nectar collectors.

2. Speaking of the whip, I will be upgrading the vinyl whip to a 3/8" ID 1/2" OD food safe silicone tube as per the whip thread. The SSV's whip was never my favorite, custom vinyl or not. I would like to look into getting PTFE tubing at some point.

3. The spherical glass mighty dosing capsule mod doesn't actually require mighty capsules [;)] although those would be great for cleanliness and consistency of dosages. You stick this in your sphereical glass whip. That's it. Credit to Sk33mo on reddit (he's also on here) for this idea.

4. 3/5" flat PET expandable sleeving OR a flannel chain cover, ruffled, for a more comfy feel (and to cover up all of the resin buildup.

5. A Hookah Spring under the heat shrink to prevent kinking near the mouthpiece.
The new tubing improved taste, the PET sleeving looks incredible and makes the whip slightly more stiff, which I wanted. I liked the nectar collector mouthpiece but as Terry used to say, a genius appreciates simplicity and an idiot admires complexity. Far and away the best mouthpiece was no mouthpiece; use one's lips to squeeze the tubing flat. Better than any mouthpiece since there is 0 restriction on airflow.

I did a bunch of experimenting and found a way to quickly and easily get basket screen dosing caps. I added spare boro beads to the wand behind the main screen with a 10mm rimmed basket screen in the hole to keep the beads in. Literally the precise, exact number of beads to fill the screen. I think it made the vapour cooler and the wand cooler but it was very hard to draw at all with the nectar collector after awhile because the beads and screen gunked up. 😆

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
First I find out that troy found an insanely better mouthpiece back in december, and then Elev8 finally releases a decent heater cover as soon as I get perfect hits. I think my hits are a little thicker with half the material he's using, but the new version is still significantly better than their OG cover.

Troy said he prefers rubies to boro. I think my silicone nitride ceramic bearings also outperform boro but now I have to buy rubies to compare the two because I'm not entirely sure I've got him beat there.
Oof.:rolleyes:

VapePerson,

maremaresing

That is a definite performance increase on the second run, though didn't he mess with the temp between runs? Either way, yes the 7th floor stuff is a solid performer out of the gate. But the heater enhancement takes that age old design into the new generation of heavy hitter vapes. It doesn't even take a lot of work or cost to do so. I love that.

Good for them for providing the upgrade in the first place, and improving their design.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@badbee While adding balls might bring more satisfying hits and brings a bit different experience. If you are chain hitting it like mofo or multiple user scenario,they need more to time to recover, I play with glass balls heaters a lot and it is not some kind of magic, it has it downsides too ,especially cleaning is a real bitch.
The latest addon looks like the middle ground between too much and too little and will be easy for cleaning.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Ramahs

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
titanium beads are the next level.
What makes them better than Silicone Nitride Ceramic? What makes them better than rubies?
@badbee While adding balls might bring more satisfying hits and brings a bit different experience. If you are chain hitting it like mofo or multiple user scenario,they need more to time to recover, I play with glass balls heaters a lot and it is not some kind of magic, it has it downsides too ,especially cleaning is a real bitch.
The latest addon looks like the middle ground between too much and too little and will be easy for cleaning.
If your balls are properly hot and bothered they need little recovery time in my experience, whether that be boro, quartz, or ceramic; I imagine ruby, or titanium would be the same. By the time I get my first bowl emptied, the new material ground, the stirring and tamping just right, everything is reheated. If you don't keep the vape on overnight you are absolutely correct Abysmal. I've never used my SSV with anyone else but that would make sense as well.
He really needs to drop that weird defensiveness. There is nothing wrong with the vape as it is AND there is nothing wrong with people wanting more thermal mass to avoid cool off while hitting. No justifications or excuses are needed on either side.
I wanted to say something along the same lines but thought it was rude, but now that I know I'm not alone it's hard to bite my tongue. Regardless, I agree 100%. I am going through the steps to launch my own product at the moment (not vape related). If 7 years down the line someone came to me and said "I have a way to completely revitalize your product, to make it the absolute best performer on the market AGAIN, for cheap," you couldn't stop me from jumping on the opportunity by default.

I get the sense that he wants to make his own solution. That's fine, laudible, whatever; I don't think this vape is a completely solved puzzle either and I think there's still room for improvement. What I do take issue with is Steve's insistance that the vape doesn't NEED the balls or doesn't NEED the heater enhancement, and that you can just turn the heat up. If that's the case, there'd be no reason to make the heater cover at all; just educate your customers, right?

I will conceede that the balls are less convienent, that there's no proper way to hold the screen in and no matter the material they never seem to want to stay perfectly stable, but if it outperforms the heater cover it's because of the extra thermal mass, wouldn't it be more prudent to try to accomodate the mod? Just my 2c.

arb

Semi shaved ape
They may be having hard times I see they don't have any life sabers or pro trim elites both excellent products imo.
😣

arb,

androponic

vaped.
They may be having hard times I see they don't have any life sabers or pro trim elites both excellent products imo.
😣
LSV has been officially discontinued.

@VapePerson i dont know about ceramics but in the Ti vs any glass or ruby, quartz, etc. Ti has much better Thermal Conductivity.

androponic,
Reactions: arb

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
VapePerson,

androponic

vaped.
androponic,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
i did see that what did it cost to fill yours with those? i looked into SIC beads and the price was up there but if its worth it bang for the buck from Ti i just may.
The cost of 150 Si3N4 beads was $30. BC Precision is an industrial bearing manufacturer. Their shipping was faster than they said it would be as well.

androponic

vaped.
The cost of 150 Si3N4 beads was $30. BC Precision is an industrial bearing manufacturer. Their shipping was faster than they said it would be as well.
oooh. im getting some. nice find!
some concerns about the dust online but in this usage a non issue i think.

androponic,
Top Bottom