• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Marcus

Hello all...
I contacted 7th floor/elev8 about making me...or to even produce for themselves a glass mouthpiece/wpa.
The ditanium has a titanium nub like mouthpiece that doubles as a wpa...but it gets nasty fast...and its ti...
I am using an 18m to 14m adapter as a m.p....the tubing slips in the 18mm side perfectly and the 14 side is your m.p. or wpa...
Very caveman but the ability to have water or dry at any given time is clutch.
I believe a professionally blown m.p./wpa from them would be game-changing.
Like i said...i messaged them a couple weeks ago w/ no reply.
I guess ill hit Instagram and have a couple blown...ill report back.
Thanks!

This might be a bit of a cheap and simple fix, (maybe about the same as your caveman set up?) but how about popping the whip on the end of a WPA for a dynavap etc.

Like one of these? https://www.vapewellness.co.uk/coll...versal-dynavap-adapter?variant=15101236346946

:sherlock:

Marcus,

ohmygodimsohigh

Troy from 420vapezone modified his SSV by filling the heater cover with glass beads. He says it is now the hardest hitting vape he owns. Link to video below.

Thanks for posting it!!!

It is indeed a whole new beast and I think it's going to be on my desk for a long time.
I wrote up more details and supplies here.

My SSV has had more use-time in the last 5 days than it had in the last 12 months thanks to the glass ball trend.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Unfortunately my SSV has the original glass connection. I doubt I can try this glass-bead mod before I buy a whole new glass heater cover and wand first, because these glass beads will most likely not fit through the little hole on the original glass heater cover currently on my SSV.

blackstone

Thanks for posting it!!!

It is indeed a whole new beast and I think it's going to be on my desk for a long time.
I wrote up more details and supplies here.

My SSV has had more use-time in the last 5 days than it had in the last 12 months thanks to the glass ball trend.

Jeebus! Amazing that it has increased both the surface area of the (already quite powerful) heater, and the thermal mass..... and by a lot!!!
Well done on that thought there!
Feels like there's a bit of magic going down with heat evenness and turbulence also, but yeah calories too!
It seems to me they gave you the biggest wand for flavor disc and I must say Troy your airhole looks big! (The vent in your heater cover).
If I'm correct, I wonder if that's why you found it a bit airy before and would love to know how you had felt about a regular spherical ground glass wand set up.
But it looks like you've found the sweet spot now! Holy...!
And I love your SSV graphics, that unit will be worth a fortune in years.
This mod might work just as great for really small loads in the wands too. Thanks for sharing it around!
Can't wait to try.

===

I did a few micro dosing type mods to my SSV last week I had fun, and learned a small bit about hot spots and even roasting in the end.
*If you're wondering why I'm going to the bother, it's because the EU postage adds up on the parts needed to run the Ddave mod, almost nobody stocks the heater covers over here, I spent all the budget on a portable vape, and I have all these bits lying around here!

The first one is just an insert into the regular spherical wand and it worked very well for me.
It protrudes a bit at the end so the wand movement gets limited, but it's handy for sucking in a new load too.
It's made from a broken Arizer solo stem that I cut down and polished before, a Mighty CU Oring, a homemade basket screen, and some bent SS mesh to hold it steady in the wand.
20191214-035631.jpg

20191216-002716.jpg

Then, I must have been holding this other broken Solo stem and thinking hard,
and I'm very lucky that there is no glass screen crap in this one because it's an old easyflow? one from Germany.
And there's a carb hole, and it's in the right place, and the Solo stem fits on the SSV as a heater cover!!
So then all I had to do was get a bent Solo stem as a wand,
and sand the edges smooth so they would make a perfect seal.
(I actually "lapped" that shit, like valves in a car, with DIY grinding paste!)
20191220-024933.jpg

20191223-012221.jpg

20191223-012546.jpg

20191223-012800.jpg

Heavenly fuck it works pefect! Tiny loads huge power, very fast.
Best draw from a Solo stem ever! Like Arizer on drugs.
I just placed a piece of S&B capsule at the top to help with evenness but this also had the heatsink effect that Troy found so it calmed things down and gave me more control.
Before this I had to operate at minimum temperature and draw hard to keep the heat down!

The only funny part with this last one, is you need to draw before you flip the bent stem over.

Next I'll try Troy's new mod with my first insert idea, that should be great, or maybe the stock wand will microdose well with the glass balls added too.
Great vapes, great elements, great ideas! Now future proof!
Enjoy the holiday break everyone.

hoptimum

Unfortunately my SSV has the original glass connection. I doubt I can try this glass-bead mod before I buy a whole new glass heater cover and wand first, because these glass beads will most likely not fit through the little hole on the original glass heater cover currently on my SSV.

I was thinking that, too. Troy was using the spherical setup, which has the largest opening and would be the easiest to fill. It would be trickier with the other 2 setups.

ohmygodimsohigh

I was thinking that, too. Troy was using the spherical setup, which has the largest opening and would be the easiest to fill. It would be trickier with the other 2 setups.

FWIW, when I modded my LSV I had to fill the glass with beads first and then insert the heating element

It took some jostling around before I could invert it and get the glass mounted properly.
The other SSV glass style may require some special assembly as well

hoptimum

FWIW, when I modded my LSV I had to fill the glass with beads first and then insert the heating element

It took some jostling around before I could invert it and get the glass mounted properly.
The other SSV glass style may require some special assembly as well

I think you can pull it off with the glass on glass heater cover combo, but you'd probably have to load the standard heater cover first, before you mount it. How much of a hassle was it with your LSV and was the performance upgrade worth it?

Alexis

How much of a hassle was it with your LSV and was the performance upgrade worth it?

I think I remember Troy saying that the glass bead modification didn't work as well with the SSV as it did with the LSV, although that was all he said about it and I don't think he commented on the performance improvement with the LSV.

But presumably it was worth it going by that comment alone I expect we will hear more from Troy down the line.

So guys, I'm really intrigued and interested by this because I am expecting a Silver Surfer vaporizer to head this way sometime in the new year ear I have no idea exactly which model or heater cover and I don't even know what the terminology refers to at the moment I get bamboozled by this technical stuff I need a dictionary and a a thesaurus for it all with clear diagrams.

So I will wait and see what I have to play with first then I will be following you guys above particularly @Ramahs who I expect will have the same model and configuration as I might be receiving myself but I'm only guessing and assuming.

Although in truth the likelihood is if I am able to tolerate the Vapour signature of the Silver Surfer adding glass beads would likely change that.

So one step at a time I'm just excited to try the new desktop for the first time in a very long while since I gave up the quest of exploring the options out there.

I do hope everybody is in fine spirits and has had an enjoyable few days over Christmas.

We never even had our Christmas dinner here yet because we've had a chaotic month leading up to Christmas with a new dog in the house which has now gone back to where it came from it was a nightmare.

Mum and I have both been pretty poorly and just been getting back to normal the last few days.

It's been messy as heck and I've been absolutely off my head. 7pm rise here today aftercan 8 am crash this morning.
So I'm still trying to get with the program here myself starting with a Cannabis edible dose and a nice cup of black tea now very needed.

Happy returns all round for Christmas. I kind of missed it this year ear but hoping to catch the New Year festivities and interactions.

Now, time to get high! :)

@blackstone fantastic imaginative modding as always mate but I have to admit it really goes over my head I'm going to need an app of some sort to translate and clarify exactly what you are doing and talking about all the Time lol! I am immaterial space cadet through and through.

howie105

I think I remember Troy saying that the glass bead modification didn't work as well with the SSV as it did with the LSV, although that was all he said about it and I don't think he commented on the performance improvement with the LSV.
Nope, around seven and a half minutes into the video he explains that it works better on the SSV then the LSV.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Will @ohmygodimsohigh 's mod work for a Da Buddha? I think I can get one of those from a friend. :drool:

I have a DBV. I may try the glass bead mod on that before I buy the right glass to try it with MY my SSV, because I may have to wait till I buy my new heater cover and wand for my SSV.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Alexis

JacoboP

Surprised Steve hasn't chimed in..
the ceramic heater has the potential to fuse any glass other than quartz to it I've personally done this myself....and it will potentially fuse the beads to the ceramic rod thereby ruining your heater or voiding your warranty imo not worth the trouble..
thisvape is based on your technique turn it up and get the right bong a d it will destroy you just like he felt In the video I always had hits that demolished me and ranked the ssv as my #1 I've had a few extreme ,solo ,air ,dynavap, ECT this vape kills in comparison

JacoboP,

Alexis

Nope, around seven and a half minutes into the video he explains that it works better on the SSV then the LSV.
You are dead right of course. You see what I mean guys. My late night medicatedness ,kes it so that Im lookong at everyting backwards.

Thanks or the clarification and reality check on that I clearly needed it and it makes more sense now.

Alexis,

Trainwreck420

420.....24/7

maybe fill it upside down and re fit it with the unit inverted?

Trainwreck420,

Alexis

I suspect that the bulbous top part is not large enough to hold enough beads.
Well I gueess I have 4 hopes here:
1- that you can find an easy enogh way and can enjoy the upgrade just as Much as Troy.

2- that I can use the SSV and try the mod out myself.

3- if it isn't possible for your (my?) model, that a new heater cover is affordable enough and is the fix for the problem.

4- okay, maybe there were only three but I would also hope to be able to tolerate the last feed modification myself if I get that far.

4.5. Hope my SSV comes soonnin the new year. Been excited for it for a few months now really desperate to try the new vaporizer out it's been way too long.:nod:

Good Luck @Ramahs this modification sounds way too good not to give every shop to see what it is like.

Watching with great interest. :popcorn:

Alexis,

Marcus

If you want your SSV to 'hit harder'... turn it up.

Or grab an arizer elbow and a top hat screen. (for the 18mm GG heater cover) which is how I use mine. Can only set it to 12 oclock or it combusts.

post-1254-0-10684800-1566808075.jpg

Dude looks like he's anout to puke after that rip on his video... Why'd you wanna do that?

All a bit macho bullshizzle if you ask me. Someone must have some heating elements for sale too, sounds like a quick way to balls your unit up. That element gets HOT!

Anyway, if all elese fails and you need BIG hits... just grab an ELEV8R from them and a blowtorch. :tup:

Marcus,
Reactions: howie105

grogazola

If you want your SSV to 'hit harder'... turn it up.

Or grab an arizer elbow and a top hat screen. (for the 18mm GG heater cover) which is how I use mine. Can only set it to 12 oclock or it combusts.

post-1254-0-10684800-1566808075.jpg

Dude looks like he's anout to puke after that rip on his video... Why'd you wanna do that?

All a bit macho bullshizzle if you ask me. Someone must have some heating elements for sale too, sounds like a quick way to balls your unit up. That element gets HOT!

To be honest, I really like Troy’s mod. I don’t know how safe it is on the ceramic rod though.

Seems like a night and day difference from the standard SSV vapour production. This looks like it could be helpful for pain relief.

Am I missing something? Can the SSV create that much vapour simply by turning up the dial?

There are so few videos online and I don’t buy vaporizers without knowing what I’m getting.

Thick vapour for some may be wispy for some.

blackstone

.......I have no idea exactly which model or heater cover and I don't even know what the terminology refers to at the moment I get bamboozled by this technical stuff I need a dictionary and a a thesaurus for it all with clear diagrams.

So I will wait and see what I have to play with first then I will be following you guys above particularly

I think that's normal to wonder about these things until you can actually see one!
Hope things settled down a bit and you can enjoy some fireworks on TV like I do, and the rest of the vape/relax season!

@blackstone fantastic imaginative modding as always mate but I have to admit it really goes over my head I'm going to need an app of some sort to translate and clarify exactly what you are doing and talking about all the Time lol! I am immaterial space cadet through and through.

I could have chosen some better photos as there is one I have that shows that first altered vapor path a bit clearer!
There is a great graphic, and explanation page on the 7th Floor website which will give you a rough idea what the different SSV heater covers are about, and will help you identify your one if it comes.
I think Ramahs has the first on the left, my one is third from the left, Troy's one is fourth from left I believe?, and we need the one second from left to use the DDave efficiency mods.
7th-floor-vaporizers-joint-discriptions.jpg

https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/blog/know-your-7th-floor-vape-wand-heater-cover-style/

I recently found the right heater cover to run Ddave mods for 35 delivered in EU but it was out of stock! So that's why I got out the vape parts jar for those microdose mods above!

I believe on all these, you have to very occasionally make sure your element didn’t slip downwards a little or it won't vape as good or powerful.
The element should be quite close to inside the top of the glass heater cover before you start, so check your one after Ace Ventura UPS guy has finished rattling the delivery box off of the railings and all that!
https://elev8glass.com/dwkb/why-is-my-silver-surfer-not-getting-hot-enough/

Top Bottom