Steal Yer Faceoff

Sorry this is two weeks late.
I have found after 14 years of SSV daily driver use that NOT blowing the ABV/duff out of the wand keeps the screen clean a very long time.
I have the original “standard” wand, but screen maintenance should be the same.
After dumping ABV, I use a 1/4 inch flat brush to clear the screen (heater side only, not whip side).
Hold wand open end down, give screen a swirl or two with the brush vertical up into wand. Pick last crumbs off with pick tool.
Give the empty wand a couple hard fast draws on the running heater cover. The heat and hard draw keep the porous coating on the back of the screen open and no draw restriction.
The back side of the screen will become covered with a thin fuzzy stalactite (stalagmite?) like coating.
Blowing out the wand will force that porous coating into the screen…..plugging it.
Never blow out the wand and the fuzzy buildup on the back of the screen stays porous and does not restrict draw.
I only clean my wand/screen when I change the whip. I only change the whip when I can’t look at it anymore. Approximately every 8 oz. . Over time, as the back side of the screen sheds fuzzy stalactites, most adhere to the wand honey coating inside the wand and whip. Ugly, but almost no Scooby snacks.
My 14 year old wand still has the original screen. Shiny and new looking. Never been removed from wand. Screen stays in for iso/baggy in hot water clean.
Started using your method for wand screen cleaning and it works like a champ! Thanks Green Dragon!
I'm using a 3/8" "acid Brush" like we carpenters typically use to evenly spread wood glue.
Screen has never been cleaner, therefore better hits.

Steve says he is unable to get in the forum, but I am Theresa. I can help you.

We are excited to hear this news.

1. There is a video, I am unsure if I can post links in here. There is a video on YouTube if you search Baller Elev8. Otherwise I will email to you.

2. Send me an image of the inside of your device looking down at the heater. I will be able to determine everything needed to get this upgrade to fit.

I look forward to serving you.

Please email me directly at customercare@elev8distribution.com
to finalize.
Theresa
Thanks again Theresa & your crew @ Elev8 for all your help and thanks Fuck Combustioneers for all your shared info.
OG SSV upgrade parts have been ordered!
Only thing I forgot to mention to you Theresa was getting a travel bag for my SSV.
Back in the day when I acquired my unit it did not come with a travel case.
Maybe we can work something out.

Next step, receiving my ruby baller upgrade kit and getting fiddley with the new tension bar heater stand install.
I'll be like a kid at Christmas

Airborne420

Company Rep
Thanks again Theresa & your crew @ Elev8 for all your help and thanks Fuck Combustioneers for all your shared info.
OG SSV upgrade parts have been ordered!
Only thing I forgot to mention to you Theresa was getting a travel bag for my SSV.
Back in the day when I acquired my unit it did not come with a travel case.
Maybe we can work something out.

Next step, receiving my ruby baller upgrade kit and getting fiddley with the new tension bar heater stand install.
I'll be like a kid at Christmas
My pleasure ♡ I am excited for you.

Airborne420

Company Rep

Marcus

Sorry this is two weeks late.
I have found after 14 years of SSV daily driver use that NOT blowing the ABV/duff out of the wand keeps the screen clean a very long time.
I have the original “standard” wand, but screen maintenance should be the same.
After dumping ABV, I use a 1/4 inch flat brush to clear the screen (heater side only, not whip side).
Hold wand open end down, give screen a swirl or two with the brush vertical up into wand. Pick last crumbs off with pick tool.
Give the empty wand a couple hard fast draws on the running heater cover. The heat and hard draw keep the porous coating on the back of the screen open and no draw restriction.
The back side of the screen will become covered with a thin fuzzy stalactite (stalagmite?) like coating.
Blowing out the wand will force that porous coating into the screen…..plugging it.
Never blow out the wand and the fuzzy buildup on the back of the screen stays porous and does not restrict draw.
I only clean my wand/screen when I change the whip. I only change the whip when I can’t look at it anymore. Approximately every 8 oz. . Over time, as the back side of the screen sheds fuzzy stalactites, most adhere to the wand honey coating inside the wand and whip. Ugly, but almost no Scooby snacks.
My 14 year old wand still has the original screen. Shiny and new looking. Never been removed from wand. Screen stays in for iso/baggy in hot water clean.
Hi G.D.

That there method of yours works BRILLIANTLY with the big spherical wand. I use an old horsehair brush. Excellent.

I still give it a blow out too, as I like it when I forget and blow too hard and all AVB blows out my jar and into my eyes! :brow:
Then I like to give the empty wand a nice long rip and clear any goodies off the screen.

Still I like to switch my screen out every few days to keep on top of cleanliness and I ISO clean the wand once a week.

I'm thinking about taking my ball adventure one step further and grabbing a Vapor Tamer.

Has anyone here used one or have experience of one?
I like the SSV through the whip and sometimes through water, but mostly the whip, I;m wondering if that vapor tamer would level up the experience?

Thanks in advance!

coolbreeze

I'm thinking about taking my ball adventure one step further and grabbing a Vapor Tamer.

Has anyone here used one or have experience of one?
They're fun:
IMG-1038.jpg

Korben

Thrilled
Cheers Steve! Just voted too.

The ball upgrade... if you're thinking about pulling the trigger... Just do it!

Ah man, that and the spherical flavour disc wand are a match made in heaven.

In all honesty after a few bowls, I think this could shelve my flowerpot and it's balls.

Right, I gotta get back to this cat pissy floral Peyote Critical. :sherlock::love::rockon:

I may even grab a flavour disc for this too and try some bubble hash in there. I think it may just work like a charm.
Like many I just pulled my SSV out thinking of the baller conversion kit. I already have a spherical wand but the flavor disk is interesting does it work with flower or just concentrates? Sorry a little confused on that part.

Airborne420

Company Rep
Like many I just pulled my SSV out thinking of the baller conversion kit. I already have a spherical wand but the flavor disk is interesting does it work with flower or just concentrates? Sorry a little confused on that part.
Great question. Yes, the flavor disc can be used with concentrates. You can also use it with the baller set up. If loaded with concentrates then you could use it with flower too but it really doesn't work well for me.

Airborne420,

seedy53

Great question. Yes, the flavor disc can be used with concentrates. You can also use it with the baller set up. If loaded with concentrates then you could use it with flower too but it really doesn't work well for me.
some whip bowl systems work better than others esp with concentrate discs. i prefer using ss concentrate pads like in the avlp's ss pad. it works so much better than the porous stone thing. i like vb whip system.

seedy53,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Can you still use the wax melt dish on top of the SSV with the baller upgrade, or does that little ball at the get in the way?

Last edited:

Airborne420

Company Rep
Can you still use the wax melt dish on top of the SSV with the baller upgrade, or does that little ball at the get in the way?
The small cap on the Ball kit will not interfere with the Aroma top in most cases. If you chose a Pimp or diamond cap then it will be in the way. However you can remove the cap in between uses in order to use aroma top if you wish! Theresa here, I work at the warehouse! Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.

mixchu69

@Airborne420 , not sure if you are the customer rep for 7th floor. I have a SSV from 2018 and just purchased the baller conversion cover with rubies and cap.

Do I need to buy the spherical flavor disc wand for the baller cover? Mine came with the conical ground glass wand.

mixchu69,

Airborne420

Company Rep
@Airborne420 , not sure if you are the customer rep for 7th floor. I have a SSV from 2018 and just purchased the baller conversion cover with rubies and cap.

Do I need to buy the spherical flavor disc wand for the baller cover? Mine came with the conical ground glass wand.
Hi there, I can help you. You can either order the spherical wand or have a custom heater cover made. Feel free to email me at customercare@elev8distribution.com and I can arrange it! Have a great day! ♡ Theresa

Airborne420,
Reactions: mixchu69

Ramahs

Okay. I was finally on the verge of ordering the baller kit for my SSV, and I noticed there is now two options for the spheres in the form of red ruby vs. clear sapphire (It was only ruby last time I looked into it). What's the current consensus on the popular preference between the two options?

Ramahs,

coolbreeze

Okay. I was finally on the verge of ordering the baller kit for my SSV, and I noticed there is now two options for the spheres in the form of red ruby vs. clear sapphire (It was only ruby last time I looked into it). What's the current consensus on the popular preference between the two options?
Not sure but Phase3 just switched to "white sapphire" too; he called it a minor change to remove chromium.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Ramahs

Airborne420

Company Rep
Hey there Theresa here, we got both colors initially but love the rubies as they are UV reflective. We will probably remove the clear option once we run out. I will double check with Steve though.

Gasgsgs

Please help

I was cleaning my ssv and saw some white fluff sticking out of the silver base
I thought it was fluff from a q tip I used and tried to remove it but couldn’t
I turned it on and the fluff went black and it smelt like burning
I blew it with an air duster trying to remove it and I got a bunch of fibres in my face
I’m now scared that it was some insulation from the wires or something, or is it just cotton fluff ?
Plz help plz scared I inhaled fibre glass like a fool

Gasgsgs,

Airborne420

Company Rep
Please help

I was cleaning my ssv and saw some white fluff sticking out of the silver base
I thought it was fluff from a q tip I used and tried to remove it but couldn’t
I turned it on and the fluff went black and it smelt like burning
I blew it with an air duster trying to remove it and I got a bunch of fibres in my face
I’m now scared that it was some insulation from the wires or something, or is it just cotton fluff ?
Plz help plz scared I inhaled fibre glass like a fool
Hello, this is Theresa. I work at the facility. It is not Fibre glass so don't worry. Therr is a cloth inside to protect the internal wires. It is possible to stick out however, I have not heard of it spontaneously combusting as it sounds like you experienced. This is not something we have encountered before and would love to address this with you. Please shoot us an email at customercare@elev8distribution.com. We will be back in the office on Monday.

Gasgsgs

Hello, this is Theresa. I work at the facility. It is not Fibre glass so don't worry. Therr is a cloth inside to protect the internal wires. It is possible to stick out however, I have not heard of it spontaneously combusting as it sounds like you experienced. This is not something we have encountered before and would love to address this with you. Please shoot us an email at customercare@elev8distribution.com. We will be back in the office on Monday.
Thank you so much!!! I emailed with pictures. I am very relieved.

Turtlemaze

Hello. Anyone still using the OG wand or has every one moved on to spherical? I just finished using the conical, this week is standard, and next should be spherical.

Turtlemaze,

Ramahs

I still have the OG.
I would like to try the spherical, but have not convinced myself to spend the money yet.

If I eventually buy the spherical, it will be with the ball adapter as well.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom