Saionara Atomizer thread

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

BabyFacedFinster

Great, thank you!

If I get an Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Kanthal Coil (and I already have two 18650 batteries that I use with my Arizer Air) will I be able to use a 4 mm Sai Kanthal Coil with that kit, or will I have to buy other connectors, etc.?

Thanks! :)

My understanding is that all things sold for the Sai will work but again, there are folks more knowledgable on this stuff than me. I do know that the coils sold for the Sai plus or Sequoia are not interchangable with the Sai so make sure what you buy is made for your Sai TAF atomizer.

I myself am still trying to find a setup that works well for me. Nothing I've tried really gets the experience firing on all eight cylinders like it does with my Dynavap stuff. I keep trying different coils and buckets but still not as satisfying as the other vapes I use. So I'm still toying with temps, watts, coils but in the end I keep running back to a vapcap for concentrate satisfaction. When I finally hit on it I'm sure I can enjoy the experiences that others have.

My next adventure might be giving up on my quirky pico 75. It does all kinds of weird things based on the day. I've been eyeing the Dovpo Odin 100w as a possible step up in ease of use. I want to keep it to a single battery mod but want a better interface and screen.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
My understanding is that all things sold for the Sai will work but again, there are folks more knowledgable on this stuff than me. I do know that the coils sold for the Sai plus or Sequoia are not interchangable with the Sai so make sure what you buy is made for your Sai TAF atomizer.

I myself am still trying to find a setup that works well for me. Nothing I've tried really gets the experience firing on all eight cylinders like it does with my Dynavap stuff. I keep trying different coils and buckets but still not as satisfying as the other vapes I use. So I'm still toying with temps, watts, coils but in the end I keep running back to a vapcap for concentrate satisfaction. When I finally hit on it I'm sure I can enjoy the experiences that others have.

My next adventure might be giving up on my quirky pico 75. It does all kinds of weird things based on the day. I've been eyeing the Dovpo Odin 100w as a possible step up in ease of use. I want to keep it to a single battery mod but want a better interface and screen.
I know it is two batteries but the voodoo drag works flawlessly with all our sai and sequoia units.
Issues with wismec and geekvape constantly kicking out of tcr and into watts.
The 75 watt Pico ileaf units have worked well out of the 3 Mrs.arb uses.
A good fully functional mod makes all the difference.
🍔🍟

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks @arb . I have had my pico for a while and it has worked fairly well. Lately it has been doing strange things. For example, it has always worked in Ni mode with my Sai. Now suddenly it goes right to Temp protection as soon as you touch the button. It will only work in a memory setting now, even though the temp, wattage and Ni are set the same. For the Sai it also reads a resistance of .70 in memory mode but .30 in the plain Ni mode. I thought it was the bucket coil so I bought another. It does the same thing with the new bucket and coil.

One day it will constantly ask if it's a new coil over and over, and then the next day you couldn't get it to do that if you tried. I think it has just gotten quirky with time. The battery life is still very strong though.

I'll take a look at voopoo drag. I am trying to keep a low profile with my mod setup, so the larger the mod the less discreet. Some of these mods are so large that they can double as brass knuckles.

BabyFacedFinster,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Thanks @arb . I have had my pico for a while and it has worked fairly well. Lately it has been doing strange things. For example, it has always worked in Ni mode with my Sai. Now suddenly it goes right to Temp protection as soon as you touch the button. It will only work in a memory setting now, even though the temp, wattage and Ni are set the same. For the Sai it also reads a resistance of .70 in memory mode but .30 in the plain Ni mode. I thought it was the bucket coil so I bought another. It does the same thing with the new bucket and coil.

One day it will constantly ask if it's a new coil over and over, and then the next day you couldn't get it to do that if you tried. I think it has just gotten quirky with time. The battery life is still very strong though.

I'll take a look at voopoo drag. I am trying to keep a low profile with my mod setup, so the larger the mod the less discreet. Some of these mods are so large that they can double as brass knuckles.
In the base of the atomizer is a brass rod on a spring it connects to the mod.
Press it if it depresses easily the spring is fucked.
Super easy fix just holler at Vic he will send you some.

BabyFacedFinster

In the base of the atomizer is a brass rod on a spring it connects to the mod.
Press it if it depresses easily the spring is fucked.
Super easy fix just holler at Vic he will send you some.
Thanks again @arb! I played around with it after checking the atomizer (which seemed ok). I checked the pico settings and realized that the Ni mode had the resistance locked. After unlocking the resistance the thing started working again. :shrug:I don't remember locking it in the first place. Anyway, it's all good again.

Now back to seeing which coil works the best for me. I want to love a bucket of some kind. I have both the quartz and Ti sai buckets, and the Ti bucket for the DT V4. The hits tend to be either too harsh or too wispy. I think one problem I have is that I don't load very much at any given time. Usually just a rice grain or less because I'm both cheap and a lightweight. Maybe that's not enough to really let any bucket shine.

Back to experimenting.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks again @arb! I played around with it after checking the atomizer (which seemed ok). I checked the pico settings and realized that the Ni mode had the resistance locked. After unlocking the resistance the thing started working again. :shrug:I don't remember locking it in the first place. Anyway, it's all good again.

Now back to seeing which coil works the best for me. I want to love a bucket of some kind. I have both the quartz and Ti sai buckets, and the Ti bucket for the DT V4. The hits tend to be either too harsh or too wispy. I think one problem I have is that I don't load very much at any given time. Usually just a rice grain or less because I'm both cheap and a lightweight. Maybe that's not enough to really let any bucket shine.

Back to experimenting.

You have a DT V4, try the latest DT SIC cup. I had been using the quartz cup, never switched to my titanium cup, and put the V4 away for awhile. Following the DT thread, I saw the SIC cup, never really use SIC before, but it’s great, and easy to mop and clean.

Forget to add, the V4 has a new glass top that works great with the new SIC dish, I use it with their HUBBA BUBBLER.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

You have a DT V4, try the latest DT SIC cup. I had been using the quartz cup, never switched to my titanium cup, and put the V4 away for awhile. Following the DT thread, I saw the SIC cup, never really use SIC before, but it’s great, and easy to mop and clean.

Forget to add, the V4 has a new glass top that works great with the new SIC dish, I use it with their HUBBA BUBBLER.

Hey @RustyOldNail,
What makes the Sic better than the other DV cups? I see they are easier to clean, but do you get better hits in some way?

Looking in my vape drawer I see that I also have the DT Ti and quartz cups and have walked away myself. I found the other cups to be wobbly on top of the heater and when I would q-tip them the whole cup would sometimes flip sideways. The sai coils seem more stable in the atomizer.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
  • Wow

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey @RustyOldNail,
What makes the Sic better than the other DV cups? I see they are easier to clean, but do you get better hits in some way?

Looking in my vape drawer I see that I also have the DT Ti and quartz cups and have walked away myself. I found the other cups to be wobbly on top of the heater and when I would q-tip them the whole cup would sometimes flip sideways. The sai coils seem more stable in the atomizer.

I never bought the sai, so I can’t offer an opinion. I’ve never used my SIC 30mm in my NV DCup, only the sapphire dish, so this was my first experience with any SIC product. Just seemed to heat up evenly and quickly and not super hot like quartz. I think the new glass 14mm top also makes a huge difference. I’m actually using my V4 again, I bought them together, as a kit, maybe still offered. I never liked the V4 as it only had the metal cap that you can’t see through. So I ended up using the OLDER Quartz Queen, that did have a glass top, but the V4 base and it’s heating element is superior in my opinion.

BabyFacedFinster

I never bought the sai, so I can’t offer an opinion. I’ve never used my SIC 30mm in my NV DCup, only the sapphire dish, so this was my first experience with any SIC product. Just seemed to heat up evenly and quickly and not super hot like quartz. I think the new glass 14mm top also makes a huge difference. I’m actually using my V4 again, I bought them together, as a kit, maybe still offered. I never liked the V4 as it only had the metal cap that you can’t see through. So I ended up using the OLDER Quartz Queen, that did have a glass top, but the V4 base and it’s heating element is superior in my opinion.

Feel the same way on the metal cap. I prefer seeing what's happening in there, especially if it helps with pulsing the power button. I have used the glass top from a longamada motar on the sai. Works fairly well.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey gang. I have just recently placed an order for the Eleaf Istick Pico 75W plus Sai Top Airflow plus titanium bucket coil.

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot (never stopped me before!) I've been viewing vids and tutorials and having never used this exact kind of device before, I am totally confused by it. I've used various wax pens and vapes but nothing like this thing. Is there anywhere I might view a really thorough tutorial vid (tried searching through youtube but the only one that seemed decent that I found is in german!), or failing that, a user guide that explains it all to me? I'm confused by...

1. wattage vs temp control. I was picturing something that just allowed you to change temps at will. Is this something that can be done in both modes? What exactly is the point of the different modes?

2. The whole locking resistance thing. Is this something that needs to be done each time? Does it vary by coil?

Call me simple-minded (Yeah i know!) but I'm kinda just looking to load extracts, hit the fire button, and cycle through temps while I'm hitting the thing. What's the easiest path to this approach?

Thanks in advance guys!

arb

Semi shaved ape
You just set on nic temp control.
Set watts at like 27 and temp at like 380 and adjust the temp to suit your taste.
How to set settings is easy and shown with the device manual.
Sounds complex at first but is actually very easy to do.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja

The“New Sequoia”Atomizer

20210121_154307-CROP-movavi-800x-CROPPED-seq-1024.png

This amazing device is a true innovation in cannabis concentrate vaping.

The atomizer is pretty much flawless.

Not only does it provide great performance with its silicone carbide cup, the body is perfectly machined and designed.

With its silicone carbide cup/heater coil, or its titanium cup/heater coil, it gives incredible flavor, thick plentiful vapor, and economic usage of the material.

I prefer using the silicone carbide (SiC) cup, for the best vaping experience. You will be amazed at how small the amount of concentrate that’s needed to deliver a very decent amount of vapor.

1611272765881-611x480.png

Another great feature of the design is that you get practically NO splatter from your concentrates inside the cap, or anywhere else.

The cap comes off and gets replaced with such ease.

Tight seal.

The New Sequoia has a top airflow and bottom airflow.

For using buckets, close the bottom airflow, and open the top.

The adjustment of the top airflow is up to you and how you like your vapor.

Atighter draw will results inthicker vapor, but, well, less draw.

So it’s up to you how you like it. I personally have the top airflow wide open.

I received the titanium version. Wonderful piece, I must say.

1611350908547.jpg

The above image actually has too much concentrate in it, much less is required for a single dose.

For those of you that don’t know, I’ll explain the basics.

This atomizer employs a flat ceramic heater placed underneath a bucket, or cup, made of either titanium (Ti) or silicone carbide (SiC).

For this review, I’m only talking about the buckets, because it’s truly the pinnacle of vaping. Your concentrate will never touch a ceramic coil, or wires, no mess, no loss, no leaking, no mess.

That is a wonderful feature of this device, NO MESS.

I strongly recommend a bucket/cup system such as the New Seqouia.

20210121_154307-CROP-movavi-800x.png

The New Sequoia atomizer peforms best with temperarture control (TC).
Most mods have this option.
For the silicone carbide cup, I'm using nickel (200) setting @415-430 F, 36 watts.
The other cups and coils are listed with the manual that comes with the device.
ALL MODS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, adjust the settings to where you get your best results.

I also suggest water filtration, it really makes a WORLD of difference.
I personally use the Hubble Bubble from https://ineedhemp.com . Using the silicone adapter also available there, it's the perfect match for the Sequoia. The adapter fits perfectly !

I've used a lot of concentrate atomizers over the years, and, this is definitely a tremendously wonderful device. A joy to use. Pretty fool-proof for noobs, too.

The only "cons" I can really say about it are:

1. The device gets pretty hot, I suggest you acquire a heat sink from HVT's site, perfect size fit for the Sequoia, to save your mod.

2. The ring that seals my SiC cup in place was horribly frozen in place. Thanks to Cyrstal at HVT, I got it loose. Used a quarter to turn it, with a lot of torque (hand), and heating the coil body with the device itself.

In any event, I highly recommend you try this.

:smug:

Last edited:

Hwy420

Hey gang. I have just recently placed an order for the Eleaf Istick Pico 75W plus Sai Top Airflow plus titanium bucket coil.
This is exactly what I bought a few weeks ago. Same story, I haven't learned all those 10,000 settings, I'm just switching from ~27 W when I load new concentrate then I lower it gradually, as I vape this load, to ~22 W or so. Maybe it's like hammering nails in with a microscope but it's a huge step up after the cheap Chinese shit I had before (it starts with letter Y ;) )

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
If anyone is having trouble with Arctic Fox / Red Panda,

All the help you need is at https://nfeteam.org/forum/ .

Check out the guide here.

It's relatively easy to use.

Almost all of the settings can be set with the mod itself.

There are folks that recommend things like pi-reg, with different values and such.

For general purposes, all you need is nickel mode, for the Sequoia I set it to about 420 F, 36 watts.

Thing about Arctic Fox/Red Panda is that its temperature control works so much better than the stock firmware.

It's already doing the work, you don't have to ffiddle with it a bunch to 'make' it do it's job.

Good luck, hope this helps 1

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
You just set on nic temp control.
Set watts at like 27 and temp at like 380 and adjust the temp to suit your taste.
How to set settings is easy and shown with the device manual.
Sounds complex at first but is actually very easy to do.
Finally got this rig. Yeah, the huge amount of setting possibilities makes this a little confusing at first, but I was able to grok the basics pretty quickly. These are good settings (not sure I notice any difference between the NI and TI temp modes...); I ended up setting watts at 31 (puffitup recommended 30) and temp around 250C but I like it kinda hot. (According to the display the temp never gets above 200 but it’s generating plenty of vapor.)

This little combo rips. Where has it been all my life?

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Hi guys, need some help.

I have a Wismec gen3 3 battery mod that I'm trying to use with my SAI taf. I only know how to use it in power mode but that's not working very well so I'm trying to go the temp control way.

The recommended settings are these;
Titanium Bucket Coil (default in Sai TAF): Wattage mode - 10W-15W Temp Control mode 375F-450F- TCR 166, 35W, Resistance should read around Ω: 0.68

I can change the modes and it goes from power>tc>tcr.... Which one an I supposed to use? And how do I set it properly after I chose the right mode?

I swear, I've read the manual many of times and it's all greek to me. I've also read thru many pages on this thread but I just don't get it. A little help please?

TIA.

Ps, I know there's a box mod thread somewhere, I just can't find it.

Last edited:
Alegre,

lookhigh

FC member
These are the recommended settings from @DJ Colonel Corn
Im sure he will correct me as im not up to date.

TCR #315, 40watts, 380 F. NOT watage mode

power setting: is 40W,
Powestep 0.1 watt (could change to 1 watt?),
preheat type : Absolute (W))
prehaeat power: 40 W
preheat time: 0s
preheat delay: 0s
restistance: 0,71 ohm locked
mode: temp. control
coil material: TCR 315,
temperature: 380 F,
temeperature step 10 F (could also set to 2 F?)
Temperature dominant: Yes

arb

Semi shaved ape
Hi guys, need some help.

I have a Wismec gen3 3 battery mod that I'm trying to use with my SAI taf. I only know how to use it in power mode but that's not working very well so I'm trying to go the temp control way.

The recommended settings are these;
Titanium Bucket Coil (default in Sai TAF): Wattage mode - 10W-15W Temp Control mode 375F-450F- TCR 166, 35W, Resistance should read around Ω: 0.68

I can change the modes and it goes from power>tc>tcr.... Which one an I supposed to use? And how do I set it properly after I chose the right mode?

I swear, I've read the manual many of times and it's all greek to me. I've also read thru many pages on this thread but I just don't get it. A little help please?

TIA.

Ps, I know there's a box mod thread somewhere, I just can't find it.
I had repeated issues with two wismec mods.
I fixed it by switching to voopoo drags.
Zero issues since and much,much better mod boxes.

arb,

MyCollie

I fixed it by switching to voopoo drags.
Zero issues since and much,much better mod boxes.

And I couldn’t get the Espion to work very well at all. Some people have suggested it as well. I switched to the VooPoo Drag 2 and it resolved all of my issues.

MyCollie,
  • Love

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Thanks guys!
I'm figuring out how to work this mod a little better. I still have some questions.... Does trc mode settings have an effect on tc mode? How do I change the tcr value? Mine is at tcr120. Do I need to lock the resistance? How?

Thanks again!

Alegre,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
These are the recommended settings from @DJ Colonel Corn

Wow hm did I say that ?
That woudl be for the Sai, to be clear.
Yeah that sounds about right !

My Wismecs are my go-to for my concentrate atomizers, and they take Arctic Fox firmware, which is a real game changer.

And I couldn’t get the Espion to work very well at all.

My Espion 200w was one of my favorite devices to use with my concentrate atomizers, using Red Panda firmware.

I still have some questions....

Are you running Arctic Fox, or the stock firmware ?

arb

Semi shaved ape
Wow hm did I say that ?
That woudl be for the Sai, to be clear.
Yeah that sounds about right !

My Wismecs are my go-to for my concentrate atomizers, and they take Arctic Fox firmware, which is a real game changer.

My Espion 200w was one of my favorite devices to use with my concentrate atomizers, using Red Panda firmware.

Are you running Arctic Fox, or the stock firm
Does the arctic fox fix the battery door?

arb,

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Are you running Arctic Fox, or the stock firmware ?
Stock. I'm finally getting to know this mod. I can change all basic settings under each mode! Yay me!

Now I need to figure out the best settings for this gorilla glue crumble that's calling my name.

Right now I have tcr at 315, temp 400 resistance locked at .69 cold.

Let's see how this works.

Top Bottom