• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Saionara Atomizer thread

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was thinking I should maybe try with just wattage when mine arrives, before trying to get into temp control setup? I will load red panda on the currently unused gloss orange ravage 230 I have is what I'm thinking...

Shit Snacks

Sai Plus from puffitup arrived today! Although I wasn't really planning to try it until Friday the earliest? Concentrates more of a weekend thing for me... Wondering what might be the best for the Ti skillet, I have suver haze co2 cbd oil or nice cbd rosin (robin hood kings reserve) or nice live resin sauce diamonds (humboldts finest orange creamsicle sativa and raw garden purple unicorn indica) I would like to keep it as clean as possible for as long as possible with as little maintenance as possible...

I do not have a heat sink yet unfortunately, but it seems like there is room screwing down onto this orange gloss ravage mod so maybe that air gap can act as a heat sink? And maybe I can just be careful, let it cool down between hits, to protect the mod?? Wattage to start before diving into red panda settings for temp control??? Excited!!!!!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I would start on ni 50 watts and 375.
Give it a little preheat for five seconds or so and hit it.
I usually close the airport to half hole it seems to help keep the splatter down.
That and a 4" piece of whip shoved in the tip with a eq glass mouthpiece for lip feel and weight conservation.
Simple qtip swab when done they are very easy to keep spotless.

MyCollie

I bought the SiC cup and wow is it nice and easy to clean. I might have the temp set too high as it gets really hot. I tried it with some crumble.

I also picked up the WPA and plan on using it with a new piece/rig that I bought.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I agree....so long as you don’t hammer the last teeny bit with high temps you can just swab out the bucket with a dry q tip. Once the vapor drops to a minimal amount I just swab out the remnants. If you try and vape the last little bit you can get black carbon build up that’s hard to remove.

Also a few drops of distilled water in the bucket will help....just boil that off with the fire button and it removes any baked-on crap. :2c:

Shit Snacks

I would start on ni 50 watts and 375.

So this confused me, because at first I saw instructions burn in coil at highest setting, so I had done three five-second or less burn offs at 50w before then noticing the proper instructions that had the Ti bucket rated 20-30 watts... I don't think I fucked it up, I hope I didn't??

Also which Ni? I loaded red panda on my ravage, and there are quite a few options, Ni (TFR)? Temp control kind of scares me since I don't understand this heater yet lol

Give it a little preheat for five seconds or so and hit it.
I usually close the airport to half hole it seems to help keep the splatter down.

Is the air port the top one? Does the bottom one do nothing when you are using buckets?

That and a 4" piece of whip shoved in the tip with a eq glass mouthpiece for lip feel and weight conservation.

I had the q-tip standing by, unfortunately it did not help, already stained on second use lol

I agree....so long as you don’t hammer the last teeny bit with high temps you can just swab out the bucket with a dry q tip. Once the vapor drops to a minimal amount I just swab out the remnants. If you try and vape the last little bit you can get black carbon build up that’s hard to remove.

Yeah I have no sense, that's the problem with these, it's hard to tell when it's done, or did I just get a tiny hit bc I put in a tiny dab? Much different than using a banger...

See below for my photos lol

Also a few drops of distilled water in the bucket will help....just boil that off with the fire button and it removes any baked-on crap. :2c:

Damn I don't have any of that, just 99% ISO...

Anyway I gave it a try though, I will say the taste is pretty fantastic indeed, although I guess that shouldn't be so surprising for the first hits on a fresh load with a brand new piece...

PXL-20210319-014852433.jpg

^this one was great, tiny but tasty at 20 watts and more at 30 to finish, qtip kept it clean too...

PXL-20210319-020150371.jpg

^this one tasted really good for the first hit too, started at 30 I think though? Can't remember, worked well but maybe cooked too quick and then yeah accidentally overcooked like you said not to do bc hard to tell how many hits... One hitters probably best, but sometimes the first hit is not good, you know??

PXL-20210319-020843067.jpg

^so yeah now I already got this little stain, I could try going to 50w to clean it? Switch to temp control if I set it up properly, which is a bigish if??

Don't think I want to use raw garden on it again now but maybe it was just this specific one? lol not sure about the cbd rosin I have if it is a good idea to try either...

Good fit for Ravage mod at least!

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
So this confused me, because at first I saw instructions burn in coil at highest setting, so I had done three five-second or less burn offs at 50w before then noticing the proper instructions that had the Ti bucket rated 20-30 watts... I don't think I fucked it up, I hope I didn't??

Also which Ni? I loaded red panda on my ravage, and there are quite a few options, Ni (TFR)? Temp control kind of scares me since I don't understand this heater yet lol

Is the air port the top one? Does the bottom one do nothing when you are using buckets?

I had the q-tip standing by, unfortunately it did not help, already stained on second use lol

Yeah I have no sense, that's the problem with these, it's hard to tell when it's done, or did I just get a tiny hit bc I put in a tiny dab? Much different than using a banger...

See below for my photos lol

Damn I don't have any of that, just 99% ISO...

Anyway I gave it a try though, I will say the taste is pretty fantastic indeed, although I guess that shouldn't be so surprising for the first hits on a fresh load with a brand new piece...

PXL-20210319-014852433.jpg

^this one was great, tiny but tasty at 20 watts and more at 30 to finish, qtip kept it clean too...

PXL-20210319-020150371.jpg

^this one tasted really good for the first hit too, started at 30 I think though? Can't remember, worked well but maybe cooked too quick and then yeah accidentally overcooked like you said not to do bc hard to tell how many hits... One hitters probably best, but sometimes the first hit is not good, you know??

PXL-20210319-020843067.jpg

^so yeah now I already got this little stain, I could try going above 50w to clean it? Switch to temp control if I set it up properly, which is a bigish if??

Don't think I want to use raw garden on it again now but maybe it was just this specific one? lol not sure about the cbd rosin I have if it is a good idea to try either...

Good fit for Ravage mod at least!
Shit that was quartz setting my bad......obviously still working though.
Very glad you got it just get it hot and hit it with a wet qtip........I use tap water.
Load a bit more and yes the top hole the bottoms are useless so close them with the buckets.
I don't know red panda sorry maybe try here for suggestions?
I sometimes preheat the first one till I see a puff of vapor come out the top hole then hit it.......makes for thick tasty rips.
A little practice and you will get it down no worries!
Does red panda give you a choice of coil types in tcr?
If yes the coil is NI and set watts where you had them then adjust temp to suit your taste.
That will really lock in a consistent experience.
Auto correct is a fucking savage bitch.
😆

Shit Snacks

Shit that was quartz setting my bad......obviously still working though.
Very glad you got it just get it hot and hit it with a wet qtip........I use tap water.

I don't know about tap water, I feel like ours is full of minerals and crap here haha

Load a bit more and yes the top hole the bottoms are useless so close them with the buckets.
I don't know red panda sorry maybe try here for suggestions?
I sometimes preheat the first one till I see a puff of vapor come out the top hole then hit it.......makes for thick tasty rips.
A little practice and you will get it down no worries!
Does red panda give you a choice of coil based types in tcr?

I knew I should have taken a photo, turned off the computer, maybe tomorrow lol

If yes the coil is NI and set watts where you had them then adjust temp to suit your taste.
That will really lock in a consistent experience.

Thanks dude!

Ah okay yeah lol I guess it is still working after the 50W burn in but ooof glad I limited it to 30 for use at least! That page actually says range is 23-30 in wattage... But yeah just says Ni nickel which is not very clear for temp control set up? I dono I am used to TCR convection LOL yeah fun $26 toy!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have a shit ton of those skillets so if that one doesn't last at least 3 months of daily use hit me up and I will send you a couple replacements.
And our tap water is very hard......its ok.

Shit Snacks

I have a shit ton of those skillets so if that one doesn't last at least 3 months of daily use hit me up and I will send you a couple replacements.
And our tap water is very hard......its ok.

Sweetheart! And good to know! Obviously I have a large cart building at HVT, wondering if I'll want a regular Sai titanium too though...

arb

Semi shaved ape
Sweetheart! And good to know! Obviously I have a large cart building at HVT, wondering if I'll want a regular Sai titanium too though...
We wound up with 3 of each sai and sequoia and that all in one Hyperion or some shit.
The sai and sequoia are better imo and if you can get voopoo drag mods do it they work flawlessly in tcr with these units.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't think I use enough concentrate to make my bucket work to its peak performance. I use similar or less than what you're using @Shit Snacks. I tend to be a concentrate miser. Plus a little gets me way high. I'm a cheap date.

I have used only the stock settings and set the temp ceiling in the 380-390F range. The pandas and foxes don't seem available to a chromebook.

@arb, can you talk about how much is a good amount to load?

arb

Semi shaved ape
I don't think I use enough concentrate to make my bucket work to its peak performance. I use similar or less than what you're using @Shit Snacks. I tend to be a concentrate miser. Plus a little gets me way high. I'm a cheap date.

I have used only the stock settings and set the temp ceiling in the 380-390F range. The pandas and foxes don't seem available to a chromebook.

@arb, can you talk about how much is a good amount to load?
I would say quite a bit more than in shit snacks pic.
Too much makes a mess........big time but you need to swamp it for that.
A .17 cal BB is a little small but works and I have only used rosin in ours.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@arb : mind chiming in the TC mods box discussion to tell us how those Voopoo boxes perform in TC? Did you have the chance to test them with dry herb 510 vapes that require I imagine a bit tighter regulation than for concentrates?

The Argus GT and Drag 3 sure have good looks and some colors could pair well with wooden attys.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My two cents may only be worth a fraction of that, but fwiw,
I have only a HVT taf Sai with ti bucket and put it on the old Sinuous P80 (AF). I love it. It cleans very easily by boiling drop or two of water in there, cover removed. I don't worry about the tap water, this is such a small amount and I swab immediately the last of it out while hot. Super clean, even after letting it get quite dark and stuck in there. Once in a while, iso is good for the core parts, but truth be told, I've never even fully dis-assembled the thing.

Settings have been confusing to me, I try to just set according to the 'manual' but, really, my whole setup depends on setting an auto puff shutoff to something brief (right now, about 8 seconds). I click it, let it make some vapor in there, then draw it out, maybe clicking once again for a big, longer hit. My only other wax/shatter experience is with a terp pen (i love that thing, too!). I like the Sai cause I can load enough for maybe half dozen hits and use it on-demand and portably. I keep it vertical at least until it's cooled down and the contents are no longer liquid-y.

I've put a Grasshopper silicone mouthpiece over the end for comfort, and with that on I can get a decent seal to a small 10 mm in-line bubbler, which I mostly use dry, if at all with this vape.

arb

Semi shaved ape
@arb : mind chiming in the TC mods box discussion to tell us how those Voopoo boxes perform in TC? Did you have the chance to test them with dry herb 510 vapes that require I imagine a bit tighter regulation than for concentrates?

The Argus GT and Drag 3 sure have good looks and some colors could pair well with wooden attys.
I have a few dreamwood and stempod units but run on wattage not tcr so.......sorry zero help.
I recommend the voopoo drag for these because it just works.
No download no mucking with it.......plug and play with the sai and sequoia.
The only mods I have used are the ileaf picos a couple different wismecs the voopoos 1 and 2 and the aegis x by geekvape.
Love the geekvape for wattage with the stempods......fucking love it.
Absolutely sucks with the sequoia in tcr.
Keeps kicking back into wattage mode just like the wismecs did.
I know nothing of red panda or arctic fox as I don't mind repressing the fire button?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah the stock Joyetech firmware also did that (kicking back into power) and often that meant ending with a mouthful of smoke. It's a kind of protection when the mod thinks something is wrong with the TC and the coil(s). As a precaution I always set the power mode wattage to a low figure this way when it kicked out of TC at least I had an anemic vape rather than combustion and possibly a damaged heater.

So please maybe you could report in that dedicated thread that the Aegis X is not recommended for TC? (despite having a named chipset like they tend to do lately...)

Do you think you could test the Stempod in TC on the Voopoo Drag and also post your results over there? (I assume you have some kind of SS coil inside?) That would help us greatly to keep our knowledge base up to date, because so far we've been pretty limited to what AF supports and most of these models are already discontinued. There's always DNA boxes but they cost an arm.

MyCollie

I recommend the voopoo drag for these because it just works.
No download no mucking with it.......plug and play with the sai and sequoia.
I agree 100% with this. Just set the correct settings and go from there. Once you do this you can just use whatever coil you want with the concentrate it works best with.
I know nothing of red panda or arctic fox as I don't mind repressing the fire button?

I thought about installing this but changed my mind. I just didn’t feel comfortable putting alternative firmware on a device like a vaporizer. Plus, the Drag works so well I don’t feel as though I really need to start fiddling with stuff.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yeah the stock Joyetech firmware also did that (kicking back into power) and often that meant ending with a mouthful of smoke. It's a kind of protection when the mod thinks something is wrong with the TC and the coil(s). As a precaution I always set the power mode wattage to a low figure this way when it kicked out of TC at least I had an anemic vape rather than combustion and possibly a damaged heater.

So please maybe you could report in that dedicated thread that the Aegis X is not recommended for TC? (despite having a named chipset like they tend to do lately...)

Do you think you could test the Stempod in TC on the Voopoo Drag and also post your results over there? (I assume you have some kind of SS coil inside?) That would help us greatly to keep our knowledge base up to date, because so far we've been pretty limited to what AF supports and most of these models are already discontinued. There's always DNA boxes but they cost an arm.
I use kanthal wire and make my coils for the dry herb 510 units.
Kanthal doesn't work with tcr which is one of the reasons I never pushed looking into it further.

BabyFacedFinster

For the voopoo draw, is the 80w unit all you need?

I'm also exploring the posideon bubbler for my TAF sai. Anyone know of a cheaper knock off?

MyCollie

For the voopoo draw, is the 80w unit all you need?

I'm also exploring the posideon bubbler for my TAF sai. Anyone know of a cheaper knock off?

I've busted a Poseidon too. I dropped it and it cracked in the joint area.

You can purchase the WPA tool but you would need some hose to connect it to the water tool/bubbler of your choice. I think it might be $15 less than the Poseidon. It has a 14mm male connector and I plan on using it with a Higher Standards Heavy Duty Rig and will report back on how well it works for me.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I agree it's a bit tough to tell. My own problem is I tend to overload the bucket a bit. I've only owned this thing for about a few weeks so I'm still feeling my way through it. I'd say, though, that if you load too little you can get that "overcooked" thing within a hit or two. I tend to put in enough for a bunch of hits, and I check the bucket every couple of hits. When it looks like it's near the end (yes, hard to tell, but if it looks like there's just a drop or two of liquid left after my last hit I know it's close) I try to call it a day and swab it out.

I'm using TC TI mode at 30 watts and a temp set at 235 C. I bought a couple spare coil/bucket combos so my first one already has a bit of stain to it because in my clueless first few sessions I ended up hammering the final hits and kind of cooked that shit on the bucket. A bit of distilled water helped but didn't completely remove the stains...but it's not affecting the performance of the bucket so far.

Overall I love this thing....my previous extract experience isn't deep (some wax pens, mixing extracts with flower in Mighty capsules) so the whole box mod thing is new to me and feels like a perfect way to consume this stuff. I'm really enjoying it!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

We broke 8 out of 10 Poseidons.....cheap joints.
Natural selection. You should now allow the 2 remaining Poseidons to mate and produce the next generation. ;) I get the pick of the litter.

One issue is not being able to see the vapor being produced with the metal housing on. I have used a glass Motar top with a short silicone tube attached so you can judge how often to pulse the button. I have also used a master adapter to join a hydrotube to the metal housing. Works, but it's like a jenga erector set. The Poseidon looked promising because you get the clear view, plus water plus the small footprint.

I'm in a tailspin right now with vape shit, I'm so concerned about the shipping issue that I'm trying to stock up in case of an annoying embargo or price hike or both. I'm buying shit I don't even know if I need. Like the mod, I have a pico 75 that works fine but the better screen and @arb's recommendation on the VP Draw X has me eyeing that. Does anyone use elementvape.com? They have them for less than 40 bucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom