Saionara Atomizer thread

SLYTHERIN SMOKER

I gave up dialing in the SS coils in TC. They work fine in wattage🤷🏻‍♂️

My Titanium TAF Cap came from POTV with a free Titanium Bucket Coil👏👍

Played with my AF settings.
Lowest wattage for good hit was at 27 watts.
Heating time was increased by 3-4 seconds compared to heating time at 36 watts.
This set up got the bucket hot fast, and I was drawing smooth vapor at 3-4 seconds, pulling steady for 20 second draw.
Titanium skillet wipes out clean and looks new🥳

400F
36W
TCR 315
.70 resistance locked at room temp
preheat 120% 1 sec /10 sec delay
PI Reg
0 %
P 990
I 10

Without PI Reg enabled the Temperature was steady but had spikes as did other parameters.

Ran it with PI reg settings listed and the temp was smoother with no spikes and the other parameters seemed to level out as well.
Gonna leave this here.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I gave up dialing in the SS coils in TC. They work fine in wattage🤷🏻‍♂️

My Titanium TAF Cap came from POTV with a free Titanium Bucket Coil👏👍

Played with my AF settings.
Lowest wattage for good hit was at 27 watts.
Heating time was increased by 3-4 seconds compared to heating time at 36 watts.
This set up got the bucket hot fast, and I was drawing smooth vapor at 3-4 seconds, pulling steady for 20 second draw.
Titanium skillet wipes out clean and looks new🥳

400F
36W
TCR 315
.70 resistance locked at room temp
preheat 120% 1 sec /10 sec delay
PI Reg
0 %
P 990
I 10

Without PI Reg enabled the Temperature was steady but had spikes as did other parameters.

Ran it with PI reg settings listed and the temp was smoother with no spikes and the other parameters seemed to level out as well.
Gonna leave this here.
I use my Sai almost every day with my big double bubbler. I get great milky hits with the triple ti, the flattened, and even the kanthal, but I've tried and tried with both the quartz and the ti buckets and gotten at best OK results. If I take away one thing from your comment, its that I should go above the 28 that Sai/Humboldt recommend. Right? Thanks.

Also, My Sai sits on top of my VP Drag2. When I use either bucket, I never get elevated temps showing no matter how long I push the button or what temp I have it set on. It flutters around 250-330f. (I realize this only measures resistance, not actual temps) This is trying to use the bucket as per the recs: Temp mode, Ni, 20-28wts, 375-450f.

Polarbearboy,

SLYTHERIN SMOKER

I use 36 watts personally, most posts I’ve read show a consensus of 40-42 watts max! But its all about personal preference.

At 36 watts 360-380 flavor busters
390-420F I get clouds and decent taste without leaving char marks, bucket wipes out clean with q tip.

Your Temps are fluttering because your watts are underpowered or not regulating power to the coil properly, bad coil material /tcr setting.
As far as I understand or have figured out for myself.
You need to lock your resistance at room temp before you smoke. I heat up coil till it reachs temp, then lock my resistance.

Your Watt/ power setting, affects overall heat time required to reach temp.
As well as maintain steady temp or raise temps as required.

TCR/TFR coil material settings also play a large part. Because the wrong settings cause the mod to underpower or overpower the coil. Which means no hit or risk of instant coil meltdown.

So with your wattage at 28 watts, your bucket will take longer to warm up than mine at 36 watts. Regardless of your Temp setting.
Because I am allowing more power to be drawn instantaneously at 36 watts.

By setting my coil material for TCR/TFR/TC properly it will regulate the power better. Try my settings as many people prefer it over the NI nickel setting as it takes into account the titanium bucket being heated on top of the coil, not just the nickel coil.

If you don’t have Arctic Fox I recommend using it, if for nothing else than to use the Live Data tool. It will help you trial and error your settings.

Also while the mods are using an algorithm and not Temp sensors. You can verify if your actually at proper temps with a cotton singe test.

Last edited:
Help!

Hello, I just got my taf sai and eleaf istick pico 75 watt. It came with the titanium bucket. I have cleaned and assembled the sai but I am clueless as to setting the mod and sai up properly. I do not currently have the use of a pc as my old one died, and I am currently building a new one so it will have to be with the stock software until I have a pc back. (Currently waiting on parts)

I would not ask if it were not for the fact that I have read so many conflicting things. A step by step would be very helpful.

I’m a boomer lol and not good with software, though I’m great with hardware so be gentle lol.

Old B52H Gunner,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
We set at 27 watts and roughly on 390.
Tcr nic and adjust temp up or down for your taste.

We set at 27 watts and roughly on 390.
Tcr nic and adjust temp up or down for your taste.
Thanks, what do I set first? Watts, then tcr nic, then temp? And in tc mode do I just hold down the fire button without pulsin?

Old B52H Gunner,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Ok first screw on Sai.
The click and select tcr nic.
Then click button 4 times and the lil tiny watts number blinks(maybe)And you use the plus and minus buttons to adjust wattage to 27.
Then once that is set use plus and minus to set temp.
Edit for button,
I find the temp I like and hold it through the hit or until I am done.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just blew the heater coil on my Ti bucket. Had the mod set to run a crushed clapton coil and tried to heat the bucket and bam.

Oh well, just ordered the quartz bucket from PIU. We'll give it a try. The heater is the same for either bucket.

Let's see how that motar works tonight.

Just blew the heater coil on my Ti bucket. Had the mod set to run a crushed clapton coil and tried to heat the bucket and bam.

Oh well, just ordered the quartz bucket from PIU. We'll give it a try. The heater is the same for either bucket.

Let's see how that motar works tonight.
I also ordered a quartz from PIU lol it should be here tomorrow, can’t wait to be a flavor chaser lol.

Ok first screw on Sai.
The click and select tcr nic.
Then click button 4 times and the lil tiny watts number blinks(maybe)And you use the plus and minus buttons to adjust wattage to 27.
Then once that is set use plus and minus to set temp.
Edit for button,
I find the temp I like and hold it through the hit or until I am done.
Are there any tor settings that may work? Those settings work, sometimes, but sometimes the heater does not stay hot. am I supposed to hold down the fire button when using? I have been with mixed results.

Old B52H Gunner,

BabyFacedFinster

PIU is the best to do business with.

To replace just the heater coil on the Ti bucket is $10 so for a few dollars more I'll try the quartz bucket. I know concentrates tend to climb the walls of quartz, but I'm looking forward to trying the flavor difference. If the quartz sucks then I'll use the heater coil with the other bucket.

BabyFacedFinster,
PIU is the best to do business with.

To replace just the heater coil on the Ti bucket is $10 so for a few dollars more I'll try the quartz bucket. I know concentrates tend to climb the walls of quartz, but I'm looking forward to trying the flavor difference. If the quartz sucks then I'll use the heater coil with the other bucket.
The quartz has a lip of sorts from the threaded piece that holds it in, so should be fine and can be used as a dab tool scraper as well!

Old B52H Gunner,

BabyFacedFinster

Are there any tor settings that may work? Those settings work, sometimes, but sometimes the heater does not stay hot. am I supposed to hold down the fire button when using? I have been with mixed results.

Yes, for the settings that @arb provided, which is close to what I've used, you need to hold the button down and/or pulse it every second or two until you get the hit you want. If you just press and release you won't get anywhere. Notice you mod's temp increases as you hold the button down. Eventually it will say temp protection and plateau off at the temp you set it at so the coil doesn't burn out.

BabyFacedFinster,
Yes, for the settings that @arb provided, which is close to what I've used, you need to hold the button down and/or pulse it every second or two until you get the hit you want. If you just press and release you won't get anywhere. Notice you mod's temp increases as you hold the button down. Eventually it will say temp protection and plateau off at the temp you set it at so the coil doesn't burn out.
That’s just it, it heats up to temp, but never flashes temp protect and if I let go of fire, and instantly re press it the temp is already back to below 200f

Old B52H Gunner,

arb

Semi shaved ape
That’s just it, it heats up to temp, but never flashes temp protect and if I let go of fire, and instantly re press it the temp is already back to below 200f
Does it work,is it producing consistent vapor........when you hold the button down?

arb,

arb

Semi shaved ape
No, it may be the power button, I noticed it seems touchy.
Unscrew the bucket and press down on the brass contact in the base unit.
It should be very stiff spring sometimes that piece goes.
If you can easily depress it holler I know a fix.

arb,

Hwy420

Hi :)

I'm going to buy this combo:

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W
+
Sai Atomizer Top Airflow
+ also
Sai Kanthal Coil

Did I miss anything? Is this combination going to work? In particular,

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Atomizer Top Airflow
and
Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Kanthal Coil

Thank you :))

BabyFacedFinster

Hi :)

I'm going to buy this combo:

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W
+
Sai Atomizer Top Airflow
+ also
Sai Kanthal Coil

Did I miss anything? Is this combination going to work? In particular,

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Atomizer Top Airflow
and
Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Kanthal Coil

Thank you :))
Sure it will work. Your TAF will come with a Ti bucket coil and looks like you also bought the Kanthal for a different experience and a little variety.
I am no expert, but it is important to get the right mod setup for each coil. The Ti bucket runs in TCR Ni mode where you set the temp and wattage. The Kanthal runs in wattage mode where they recommend between 15-25w and you pulse the power button. It's important to get the settings correct otherwise you can blow out the heater coil (like I did recently).

Also I believe you close bottom airflow and adjust top airflow with the bucket, and do the opposite when running a non-bucket coil for best vape production. But this might be more up to user preference.

HVT offers a nice set up guide for users (below) and the TAF also comes with instructions.

BabyFacedFinster,

Hwy420

BabyFacedFinster

Great, thank you!

If I get an Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Kanthal Coil (and I already have two 18650 batteries that I use with my Arizer Air) will I be able to use a 4 mm Sai Kanthal Coil with that kit, or will I have to buy other connectors, etc.?

Thanks! :)

Hwy420,

arb

Semi shaved ape

BabyFacedFinster

Great, thank you!

If I get an Eleaf iStick Pico 75W + Sai Kanthal Coil (and I already have two 18650 batteries that I use with my Arizer Air) will I be able to use a 4 mm Sai Kanthal Coil with that kit, or will I have to buy other connectors, etc.?

Thanks! :)
The battery that came with my air 2 when they first came out was too weak to run tcr.
You may want to grab one if yours is old?

My quartz bucket just came in for my sai taf, do I use the same settings as with the titanium bucket? And I added a heat sink, do I need to do anything different with that other than re-locking the resistance?

Last edited:
Old B52H Gunner,
Top Bottom