Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

tfrank

It's fucking awesome
Just got done reading some of the comments from the thread (idk maybe like 10 pages worth) looks like there is a bit of a learing curve. I live in an illegal state and I'm guessing the bud I get may not be all that great in comparison to others. Is a press still worth my investment or are my yields going to be so bad I wasted my money? Also if this convo doesn't belong here pm for sure. I try not to break the rules but Damn there's a lot to read.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is a press still worth my investment or are my yields going to be so bad I wasted my money?

It's definitely subjective, IMO rosin is as good as it gets though. Some would say whatever you yield is all the flower had in it to begin with. I have vaped rosin chips and didn't seem to get much of an effect so I think the right press will juice them thoroughly.

tfrank

It's definitely subjective, IMO rosin is as good as it gets though. Some would say whatever you yield is all the flower had in it to begin with. I have vaped rosin chips and didn't seem to get much of an effect so I think the right press will juice them thoroughly.

Ive never tried rosin :mad::( the concentrate i get is okayish..... but i know that there is much much better stuff. the way u say it will juice my buds sounds good. Im just worried my bud wont be up to par. Boy im sure jealous of anyone that has access to some real good stuff. Sounds like i need to move :lol:!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Rosin is the gap between elite commercial producers and craft home producers. Any investment is a worthwhile investment in that tech :2c: True blue collar medicine, a hair straightener will provide valuable insight to potency and flavor but personally I think it's $35 best saved, so many of us have already tried it to verify. If your buds are not good enough for yields, that doesn't mean the tech isin't for you, it means you need to find that fire and never stop searching!

biohacker

It's definitely subjective, IMO rosin is as good as it gets though.

We both know what's better, but also realize it's a unicorn.... so i'm in full agreement here bro!

Some would say whatever you yield is all the flower had in it to begin with.

That depends on the quality of the squish, but I agree....one time I received an oz that I swear was either sifted, or just really bad outdoor.... and that oz only yielded ONE GRAM!! It was super awesome rosin, and the benefit was that I didn't have to plow through that oz!

I have vaped rosin chips and didn't seem to get much of an effect so I think the right press will juice them thoroughly.

That just means you know how to squish properly! I couldn't get FA for vapour off my chips with my DIY hair straightener. But perhaps I can see the benefit to making oil, etc.

Im just worried my bud wont be up to par

You shouldn't worry my friend, be grateful that you will have the pure lifeblood of the plant and not need to inhale all the other compost along with it! I'm just kidding..... you may have a valid point, some buds just don't pour gold, which is why I personally purchase my rosin from the pros.

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
@Zdoor I'm a pretty big fan of the slug33 myself, too, much like @steama. Good vice, whatever size slug you want, a torch and some time to experiment and you can press some pretty fucking nice rosin. Check out that thread if you haven't, some pics on there of stuff guys have pressed. You can also look up @Nattybushdoctor on youtube for some pretty mouth-watering vids of rosin.

biohacker

I am feeling I am getting more hits from the rosin than the vaping herb...damn close fo sho.

Why do you think I haven't vaped flowers in months? :brow: With rosin, there is just no going back! :D

Seriously though, the health benefits i've been experiencing have been life changing.... almost feels like going from combustion to vaping again!

Doktor Dub

Joined recently. Been lurking a while now and growing my own flower indoors for about 5 years. Recently, discovered the benefit of rosin and interested in pressing my own from the flower and hash I produce.

Have spent several weeks researching and seems like the more I learn the further I get from a decision. I have a decent budget (appx $1k) and am also pretty competent with building and fabricating.

I’m considering a DIY and several brand name presses. Need some insight from those with experience with both. The brand names I’m considering are nugsmasher, rosin tech, duly tech and five vapes.

How would the brands above compare to either a 12 ton benchtop using 3x7 or 3x5 dabpress caged and 20 ton floor standing. Space isn’t a big issue as I have plenty of room in the grow area.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Don t know what s best for you but you are THE ideal Candidate for Caged Plates and then building your own setup and i know this so sure because......... i am not and that makes me alittle bit sad because i d love to :-)

You have got enough money, space and it seems you are quite handy. I think the Nugsmasher is a great machine, but it is made for people who dont want to DIY and who have not much space (me).
That said, Rosin is about temp, pressure and time and you have it all useing a big press and a nice set of plates.
:2c:

Doktor Dub

Then I would better wait for the new all-in-one presses from DabPress. Seems currently to have the best price-performance ratio

Thank you for caring, thats what i do right now :clap: and already spoke to Roger about it. The Nugsmasher would suit me quite well i guess but it is expensive for what it is and for this price too limited in pressure / capacity.

Have a great day!

MegaMan2k

That depends on the quality of the squish, but I agree....one time I received an oz that I swear was either sifted, or just really bad outdoor.... and that oz only yielded ONE GRAM!! It was super awesome rosin, and the benefit was that I didn't have to plow through that oz!

I had this before aswell, turning around 25 grams of herb into 1 gram of rosin is a sad moment, but from there on you will automatically be more skeptical when picking up herb in the future

Since i posted about my 5% yield press in here i have been much more skeptical when looking at herb for sale, and i have not ended up with anything below 20% yield since that day.

My low yielders (under 10% yield) so far have been : M.o.B/Mother of all Berries, and Cannatonic from resinseeds,
But I believe its more to do with how it was grown and which phenotype the grower is working with.
like for example : ive had MOB come out above 20% in another batch.

Have anyone looked into the difference between Salt grown cannabis and Organic grown? Yield wise

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I just pressed my most potent rosin, doesnt taste the best but damn, flowers tested between 18-28%, yielded 23% at 190F for 2mins with about 2300 PSI. Buds were all small popcorn size, this was actually the bottom of the caregivers jar. Rosin is honey consistency, just wish it had the flavor! Keep tahoe blue (tahoe og x blue dream). Pain relief is really good on this one, my back feels nearly numb.

MegaMan2k

Anyone have experience with pressing freshly harvested bud? ... Well not completely fresh, but like a few days drying?

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: Hogni
I did the fresh/frozen thing and it's a watery mess. However, if you let the rosin dry for a couple days it is collectable but it was an experiment that went afoul for me. LOL Pressing fresh was not as much a mess but, still, way too runny to work with.

Now, Live Rosin is a different story. That is taking fresh picked and freezing it. Then, dry sift it and press the dry sift. Makes it very 'clear' and a little more flavorful.

MegaMan2k

I have heard/read about these methods u mention for making "real fresh rosin",

I was just considering some smaller buds that has been hanging for like 2-3 days and generally feel dry to the touch

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: shredder

MegaMan2k

Makes sense, im gonna try and throw them in a jar that has hygrometer in the lid and see whats up :D
also
maybe, If its off i would be able to force it to the right RHA with Boveda 62 %

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: shredder

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Anyone have experience with pressing freshly harvested bud? ... Well not completely fresh, but like a few days drying?

Yup, most of the rosin I've posted is from those conditions. Just right before the stems snap is good. But I'll just say this, even though the cannabis community is obsessed with "live extractions" (IMO they are all dead and the only live hash is charras, but I digress) I still find cured cannabis often has a preferable flavor profile, potency, and smoothness.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Makes sense, im gonna try and throw them in a jar that has hygrometer in the lid and see whats up :D

Good luck show us yer honey when it's ready =) I got some buds almost a week in the jar that I am tempted to squish this weekend!

Yup, most of the rosin I've posted is from those conditions. Just right before the stems snap is good. But I'll just say this, even though the cannabis community is obsessed with "live extractions" (IMO they are all dead and the only live hash is charras, but I digress) I still find cured cannabis often has a preferable flavor profile, potency, and smoothness.

:nod: Some of my best rosin I am pretty sure was long cured! This may actually be the best part about rosin, you can press it at just about any stage. I cant wait for the days where I have ounces of year old cured stuff just laying around to press! Have a full range of meds available :clap:

MegaMan2k

I understand, my situation is this ; i try to only vape/dab my own organic resin, but i just ran out like 1,5 weeks before the dry is complete on my next batch- so i have two choices at this point: Give this a try, Or go out and purchase some salt grown/unknown grower conditions etc. I feel i dont have much to lose by trying at this point xD

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I understand, my situation is this ; i try to only vape/dab my own organic resin, but i just ran out like 1,5 weeks before the dry is complete on my next batch- so i have two choices at this point: Give this a try, Or go out and purchase some salt grown/unknown grower conditions etc. I feel i dont have much to lose by trying at this point xD

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Get those plates heating up ASAP!

Top Bottom