RIP'S.....

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^^ I loved the song Georgy Girl & saw the movie - so 1960's.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Lamont Dozier, writer of Reach Out I'll Be There...

'"Heat Wave," "How Sweet It Is," "Stop In The Name of Love," "You Keep Me Hangin' On," "Nowhere To Run," "Bernadette"... Holland-Dozier-Holland were talented, prolific songwriters who were instrumental in making Motown "the home of Hitsville, U.S.A."'

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Since It’s a Wonderful Life has aired multiple times every year around Christmas for decades, Patton often joked that “I’ve probably been in more homes than even Santa Claus.”

florduh

He ended the Cold War. "And they all lived happily ever after".

FbcAQvIXEAcOlUL

....and then there were none 😢

vapviking

Old & In the Way
“No outsider knew this man’s name, or even very much about his tribe — and with his death the genocide of his people is complete. For this was indeed a genocide — the deliberate wiping out of an entire people by cattle ranchers hungry for land and wealth,” Watson said in a statement Sunday.

Last Survivor Of Brazilian Indigenous Tribe Dies After Decades Resisting Contact

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

But they just make another one, so we get Charles

That might be a good thing. I think the shine might come off this whole monarchy thing when the sovereign isn't a cute old granny, And what a comeback story for Charles. Unemployed for 70 years. Now, the ruler of the remnants of the greatest empire this world has ever seen.

I have not yet anywhere heard the classic, "The Queen is dead, long live the King!"

A very different song was being sung in Ireland.

Squidge

Butane powered
Meh...we need less monarchs in the world.
So, good riddance. I guess? :shrug:

Americans who are sad about this have totally lost the plot. George Washington is rolling in his grave.

Here's me on the day an English monarch dies and (real) Football returns

FcJxddTacAEgn2n
This, from a nation that voted Trump into office? Go fuck yourselves!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
great-chat-wave.gif

We had Donald Trump, and y'all had Boris Johnson.
I still am very ashamed that we had trump, but Johnson lessened the sting a bit :dog:

I remember thinking, after I started hearing about Johnson, that I now no longer feel so much worse than my more-intelligent-sounding-accent-having friends across the pond, because they now have their very own Trump!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think that on balance the monarchy is bad and British imperialism is one of the most destructive forces the world has seen. And as an American I also think the US and all Americans can go fuck themselves.

So we can have both. And let's get reparations from the crown and the the US Treasury.♥️

florduh

My apologies! I'm only Catholic on Christmas and Easter. And I'm usually only a Red, White, and Blue American Patriot on the Fourth of July. But this week has allowed me to whistle Yankee Doodle Dandy a few more times. Yes, it's generally embarrassing being from Dumbfuckistan. That having been said, seeing that our former colonial masters still respect The Divine Right of Kings has been amazing. I don't have many nice things to say about our Founding Fathers. But they delivered us from that bullshit!

Happy God Bless America GIF

I think that on balance the monarchy is bad and British imperialism is one of the most destructive forces the world has seen.

I don't really even have any particular malice towards Liz. She was probably one of the least criminal British monarchs. But still...this stuff isn't ancient history. The Troubles were in the 70's, for example.

Britain seems unique. Generally, brutal empires don't get to quietly retire from world affairs, living off the fat of their slavery and colonial conquests. There's usually some sort of reckoning. I sort of doubt the American Empire will be so lucky. Going down in a blaze of glory is more our style.

American GIF by MOODMAN

blackstone

Just saw this mentioned in a comment on Troy and Jerry's latest video,
Man that was young, and may I add, FUCK cancer.

Top Bottom