• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Where/what would I have set to thumbnail? Genuinely curious. I just checked the Imgbb photo upload process and it’s sized as big as possible.

In the drop-down there is an option for thumbnail, or full link, I then only highlight what is in the IMG brackets so the photo itself will display here instead of the URL too
Screenshot-20220513-160228.png

And by the way you want that closing bracket in my highlight above, it was supposed to be highlighted, but wasn't when I took the screenshot lol

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
tend to use anything 4, 5, 6... you can go larger/heavier if you need to slow your spins or if you are flinging hot pearls out your banger.

I don't find size matters that much, but it is sooooo helpful in spreading your oil over the hot surface.

Gnome34

tend to use anything 4, 5, 6... you can go larger/heavier if you need to slow your spins or if you are flinging hot pearls out your banger.

I don't find size matters that much, but it is sooooo helpful in spreading your oil over the hot surface.
Are you using the standard carb cap that comes with the RIO? Asking out of ignorance, heard a spinner cap was needed for pearls.

Shitsnacks I want to reply regarding your issues with the product but I am too high lol! I will try again tomorrow when sober.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Never. I tend to favor just about any other cap. I primarily use 710 directional pi cap and find it develops the most vapor at lower temps than any other cap I have. I also use a OneTrickPony spinner, it has more airflow and tend to drop the material/cap about 15-20* hotter than the Pi.

You do not need a spinner for pearls. You need a spinner for instagram :cool: or if you are not dexterous enough to use a directional carb cap.

Gnome34

Nice @Gnome34 glad you are getting on so well with it, I am still struggling to enjoy mine much, apparently my torch was defective so they sent me a replacement, friend sent me a video to try using it with my own rig separately, but I'm still using the stock set up and just yeah not enjoying the experience so much honestly...

For your question about pearls, I think you want to use one that is 6 to 10 mm size, so maybe 8 in between? Or maybe 6 is fine... But you don't want to use it with the core bangers, that wouldn't make sense, I'm not sure how well it would work with the round bottom, but that would be the one to try it with if any... I've actually never tried pearls myself though!
I apologize for the delay, my Rio has been getting too much use every day when I'm not working. So I figured I'd better reply during work in order to be sober enough to try and explain my technique. Not that it is a great technique, I'm still learning, but it works for me. I STILL haven't used any other devices since getting this. That is truly insane for me.

I put the material in the banger cold. Set my heat so the tip of the blue flame is just grazing the banger. I'm not too particular about the flame setting, it isn't crucial as the rest is done by eye/feel.

Run the flame until I start seeing the material begin to boil and liquify. Place carb cap on top and inhale. Cut the flame about 4-6 seconds after placing carb cap on.

Inhale while working the carb cap. I do smaller puffs that are easier on the lungs. Keep puffing/inhaling until the vapor stops.

Reheat for about 5-7 seconds depending on the color of the material. If it is light I go for 7, dark I cut the flame sooner. Repeat the inhale steps.

Sometimes I even go for 3 heating sessions total, just depends on how much material is left over. So far I haven't burned or had a hot dab, I likely could stand to heat for longer. I love the flavor and how easy it is on my throat and lungs using this method.

I hope this helps. You may already be doing this things and the device just isn't your cup of tea. What issues have you been having since you got a working torch?

Gnome34

I guess I don't have any issues now, but I don't find it so enjoyable or ideal I don't know maybe based on what I'm already used to?
Gotcha. Out of curiosity are you primarily using flower or concentrates? Do you have a dab setup you prefer or do you think dabs just aren't for you?

Shit Snacks

Gotcha. Out of curiosity are you primarily using flower or concentrates? Do you have a dab setup you prefer or do you think dabs just aren't for you?

Comparing to dabs above, I'm not comparing this to flower at all lol I do primarily use flower, but I'm regularly doing dabs here and there, but they are hot start dabbing in bangers through various recyclers, I think I said earlier? I'm not sure how I feel about cold start dabs still, this core banger, or the torch setup... The bubbler is also nowhere near like using the recyclers I prefer, though it is interesting, the way the bubbles can stack in the shape of the rectangle, seems harsher on my throat afterwards however?

Gnome34

Comparing to dabs above, I'm not comparing this to flower at all lol I do primarily use flower, but I'm regularly doing dabs here and there, but they are hot start dabbing in bangers through various recyclers, I think I said earlier? I'm not sure how I feel about cold start dabs still, this core banger, or the torch setup... The bubbler is also nowhere near like using the recyclers I prefer, though it is interesting, the way the bubbles can stack in the shape of the rectangle, seems harsher on my throat afterwards however?
I see! I purchased an enail at about the same time as the rio. The enail produces much more vapor and more thoroughly vaporizes my material. It is convenient and the particular controller I have has lights that are kind of soothing and fun to look at.

That being said I find it hotter and harsher than my cold starts in the rio. The flavor doesn't seem as good either oddly enough. The rio banger is way easier to clean, my email is a dual coil which makes it hard to see the glass. On top of that it is a deeper XL banger so standard q-tips barely reach without getting the hand holding the swab messy.

The enail absolutely makes more vapor without a doubt. Regardless I find myself going for the rio 9/10 times. Results seems similar regardless of clouds; that may change as my tolerance continues to grow.

OyVape

Yep, definitely a hot knife makes a huge difference in the whole dabbing experience. Look up Ooze hot knife. They are about &14 and screw onto any push button 510 battery. You really don’t need to spend big bucks on the big name products.

florduh

The advantage of the Ooze one is you can throw it on a variable voltage stick battery. Especially if you also use carts. Even if you don't, if anything happens to the tip in an all-in-one device, that whole battery's goin' in a landfill.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Like I say, I think the durability may be the downfall. Not sure how fragile the tips on others are but I could definitely see this one breaking while trying to scrape some sticky resin out of a tub.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I think the durability may be the downfall.
That is why I ordered cheap spares ($6ea linked above) as my Puffco version also feels fragile, you can get thicker versions but they take too long to heat for me...I like the instant drop after the button press.
Now back on topic, what is the going price for a RIO now there is some competition, I thought it was overpriced when released at US$220 and actually tried but failed (international CC problems) to buy one when CremCity Vapes had them on sale at US$125.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom