Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
That is why I ordered cheap spares ($6ea linked above) as my Puffco version also feels fragile, you can get thicker versions but they take too long to heat for me...I like the instant drop after the button press.
Now back on topic, what is the going price for a RIO now there is some competition, I thought it was overpriced when released at US$220 and actually tried but failed (international CC problems) to buy one when CremCity Vapes had them on sale at US$125.
Right now, Smokea has the Rio for $99.99. It's not the new colors, it's the first colorways. I bought one in purple (mixed with yellow) yesterday. The sale ends Cyber Monday, which is today. They have the red/white swirl, teal/orange and blue/ white left.
It's Smokea.com, if that helps.

focalforlife

I just got my rio enail in from black friday. They are supposed to be printing the enail housing again and am hoping to pick one up shortly. Have not fired it up yet. What temps are folks starting at with the enail version of these?
IMG-7193.jpg

Texus

I just got my rio enail in from black friday. They are supposed to be printing the enail housing again and am hoping to pick one up shortly. Have not fired it up yet. What temps are folks starting at with the enail version of these?
IMG-7193.jpg
Can you share what the rear of the enail looks like? If it is just a standard PID with XLR I could just use a PID I already have (with the appropriate PIN arrangement of course).

focalforlife

Can you share what the rear of the enail looks like? If it is just a standard PID with XLR I could just use a PID I already have (with the appropriate PIN arrangement of course).
I will post a pic later today but it looks like a standard mini xlr connection.

I think you could use any 14mm enail banger with a pid on the glass though.
IMG-7195.jpg

Last edited:

focalforlife

Many thanks! And does coil attach to the banger on any way or do you just hold it in place?
Its a typical banger attachment over the "handle" of the banger for the coil handle. I need a better wire but right now I am just using a tie and gravity from the cord pulls the coil up into the banger but I haven't fired it up yet.

Texus

Its a typical banger attachment over the "handle" of the banger for the coil handle. I need a better wire but right now I am just using a tie and gravity from the cord pulls the coil up into the banger but I haven't fired it up yet.
Not sure how hot that part gets but I'd worry a bit about that plastic melting if not meant for high temps...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Many thanks! And does coil attach to the banger on any way or do you just hold it in place?
Best banger coil holder around,
image2_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

Shane @710Coils can fix you up with all you need to swap your Rio into a normal eRig but it is no longer a RIO.

Last edited:

Texus

Best banger holder around,
image2_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

Shane @710Coils can fix you up with all you need to swap your Rio into a normal eRig but it is no longer a RIO.
Thanks!! The scheming has begun.

focalforlife

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I picked one up and it came today but I am going to swap out the color for purple. It definitely makes the rig more stable, perhaps less portable in a way. Haven't used it yet but will when i get the new housing in.
Nice. Congrats. It looks cool. I wish I had never sold my 710Coils set up. This reminds me of that. I hope to hear more about it.

For some reason lately my VAS has been telling me to buy a RIO. So I’ve been poking around this thread a bit. Maybe I suck at the search function but I’m not seeing to much talk about live rosin here?

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The reason my MiniNail controller now exclusively runs my B2 and injectors is because of my RiO. If I had multiple pids I might still use the enail, but it’s so much more convenient to just flick on the RiO for a cold start than disconnecting the baller, pulling out the enail….

Gnome34

The reason my MiniNail controller now exclusively runs my B2 and injectors is because of my RiO. If I had multiple pids I might still use the enail, but it’s so much more convenient to just flick on the RiO for a cold start than disconnecting the baller, pulling out the enail….
I dabbled with enails, the convenience of an Erig won out for me. Rio, Daab, Peak all get grabbed before I fire up the Enail.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
421Store has RIO in the new matte colors on sale for $90 until the 16th of December. That's 40% off the usual price they ask. Code " Boundless" or go to 40% off home page.
Smokea has extended RIO sale. Older mixed colors for $99.
Both places offer free shipping on these.

Gnome34

I’ve been wanting to try out an auto banger, so I picked a Temple Quartz one up at the headshop. Applied to the RiO, this ruined any chance of getting anything else productive done today 😂

Do you happen to have a source for the wooden body?

My better half has essentially stolen the RIO, may as well give her a nice wooden shell for it.

Top Bottom