• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

EvilJay

I have been eyeballing these ..chose your poison pay for coils and batts or buy butane so my question is how often do you have to refill the lighter yes I know depends on how often you use it so approximately how many dabs before it needs a refill?

Southeastern

illegal smile
Bangers are in stock and

RiO 2 for $250 coupon code is still being advertised on their website.

Southeastern,

Southeastern

illegal smile
I have only used the original Stache banger that came with the RiO, and like many I did not like it.

The only issue I've had with other brands is that sometimes they sit too high/low or are not centered over the flame. This is normally not a big deal though.

I decided to order a flat round bottom from Stache to see how well it works.

Last edited:

Clapped_r6

I've had good luck with their bangers. I agree its hard to hit the sweet spot with the stocker. I like my Premium Frost Bottom from Pete, but also ordered a couple of their new ones. Im thinking they will work really well, imho a round bottom thats thick is the key 4 me

rvarick

I wanted to share some good feedback on Stache's new bangers, as well as their CS. I commented on a recent IG post of theirs mentioning that their bangers never seemed to fit the RiO - based on a few I'd tried. A company rep DM'd me and offered to send me a couple new ones to try (for free) 👍.

I ended up receiving a Round White Bottom and a Flat Round Bottom banger yesterday, and was super happy to see both fit my RiO almost perfectly. They also sealed completely, which was another problem I'd had with older ones. The quality/thickness of them is satisfactory as well.

All-in-all a cool move by SP, and really happy to see they're offering new bangers well-suited for the RiO! Other's MMV though, depending on their bubbler's joint placement of course.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I wrote another member about those a week or two ago, they look a lot nicer- from joint to dish.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: rvarick

Jams67

Hey folks, I have been wanting to try concentrates for a while and with the 420 sales coming up I’m looking to add a RIO to my arsenal. I've not found many places in the UK that stock them but I've seen a couple, price is usually £200/220 (approx $260/285)

Is there much difference between the makeover and matte variations? I prefer the resin design of the makeover but with the matte being newer are there any significant improvements that would make it the better choice?

Appreciate your input, Cheers

Southeastern

illegal smile
I think the biggest change is the matte finish. I cannot imagine there have been significant improvements, because it is hard to find any problems with the RiO imo. I have several and they have all worked flawlessly for a year and a half.

My only complaint has been with the banger that comes with it. I prefer to replace it.

I purchased one of the thick round bottom banger from Stache, and I still prefer other bangers better.

But I love the RiO!

Last edited:

chimpybits

Yes, I believe the silicone bases are all interchangeable. Hence the “Makeover”. Just different color schemes.
Right. I see that Stache has silicon sleeves in stock (only $10) in solid colours. Not sure if they're matte, but at least one of the colours, green, is unique.

So theoretically future colour designs could be offered. Likewise, the coloured glass. It would be nice if there was more customization options available (including 3rd party), but I guess it's just not that popular?

EvilJay

I think the biggest change is the matte finish. I cannot imagine there have been significant improvements, because it is hard to find any problems with the RiO imo. I have several and they have all worked flawlessly for a year and a half.

My only complaint has been with the banger that comes with it. I prefer to replace it.

I purchased one of the thick round bottom banger from Stache, and I still prefer other bangers better.

But I love the RiO!
approx. how long does the butane last before needing a refill

Jams67

But I love the RiO!

Yes, I believe the silicone bases are all interchangeable. Hence the “Makeover”. Just different color schemes.
Cheers for the reply guys, much appreciated. I think a couple of things I noticed from videos was the matte has the lighter refill covered where the makeover is open so you dont need to remove the lighter to refill, and it kind of looks like matte has a bit more shape to the body for making it easier to grip?

I did notice after reading through the thread that the bangers are not the best and probably worth replacing. I’m completely new to the whole concentrate/dabbing thing so thats good info to know as I wouldn't have a clue if it worked well or not lol.

It sounds like there shouldn’t be any notable performance benefits of the matte, and if it comes down to aesthetics Im swaying towards the makeover. Hoping there will be a 420 sale at the 2 places ive seen them in the UK, so that could also play a part In my final decision. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again 👍

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've had a few versions and the only notable changes model to model are as follows:

Original > Makeover = torch was upgraded to a new design
Makeover > Matte = also upgraded the torch, but I think this time was more aesthetic than function.

The latest versions also appear to be shipping with the new quartz, which appears TONS nicer than what originally shipped. They have upgraded to welded joints, improved the fit, and offer several different banger designs.

Jams67

I've had a few versions and the only notable changes model to model are as follows:

Makeover > Matte = also upgraded the torch, but I think this time was more aesthetic than function.

The latest versions also appear to be shipping with the new quartz, which appears TONS nicer than what originally shipped. They have upgraded to welded joints, improved the fit, and offer several different banger designs.
Thanks for the info, thats good to know. Looks like the matte might be the better option after all 👍

Texus

Right. I see that Stache has silicon sleeves in stock (only $10) in solid colours. Not sure if they're matte, but at least one of the colours, green, is unique.

So theoretically future colour designs could be offered. Likewise, the coloured glass. It would be nice if there was more customization options available (including 3rd party), but I guess it's just not that popular?
Note that those are $10 sleeves, not a base that can hold the RIO torch. Don't want anyone to get too excited

jasp3r

Just use my rio as a stand alone torch, and to this day I use only their bangers. Appropriately priced and pretty good quality!

Also customer service is sublime!

Last edited:
Top Bottom