• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

OyVape

Longtime Rio fan here! I bought a used one here about a year ago and it has become my One and Only dab rig.

Sadly, my banger actually BROKE off with most of the stem permanently stuck in the rig. Heartbroken, I finally found a replacement on Cream City Vapes for $150 with the code CC25 for 25% off their list price of $200. Teal is sold out there and everywhere it seems.

I actually prefer the clear glass. Easier to tell when it needs cleaning.

Texus

"Works for a lot of things" says a new Dr Dabber Switch owner.

Honestly, I think combo of Rio and Switch is endgame dabbing set-up for me. There is a design, an interface, a high af quality hit elegance and simplicity in both. A pleasure to use in so many ways.

Famous last words, for sure. But they are words that'll do for now.

LabPong

People.......please understand....the bangers from Stache....are 3rd party bangers...they just use one source most likely.

So my point is.....just because you can get a banger with you Rio...or a diff banger from Stache....it is not any diff than any other
banger you can get for 14mm male types. They use a cheap quality banger(s) for the Rio.......

This is why I do not use them....no need and I find the quality is poor....especially if the stock ones are true quartz....which I have a hard
time believing.

Your choices are simple........first step is to decide which type your going with....a round or square bottom one. If you go with any round
bottom bangers......you will have to be careful on torch time.....your goods will and can scorch easily....so go slow with heat up times.

If you go with a square bottom, normally thicker buttoms...like the 710coils bangers.......the heating process is different. You will heat longer
but also have the ability to control the scorching so much better. You can extend the length of taste through your dab session much better.

So if you want a very low cost round banger that comes with a spinner cap and pearl(s)....get one of the amazon ones as they are soooooo much
better than any stock Stache bangers.

If you want to go for the extended taste and nice low temp ability ones....go with a 710coils deep dish 25mm banger in clear or opaque. Use 2 6mm ruby pearls and their Pi directional caps. This is my go to setup now, might change with 710coils's new square outside round inside banger
though. Cant wait on that one.

Rio-Dishes.jpg

Long Island Quartz round bottom LEFT ( I use a 8mm ruby ball now), 710coils 25mm on RIGHT (this is the regular one, not the deep dish)

Rio-Deep-Dishes.jpg

Same here, but the 710coils one on the RIGHT is the opaque deep dish 25mm one. (my fav so far)

OyVape

People.......please understand....the bangers from Stache....are 3rd party bangers...they just use one source most likely.

So my point is.....just because you can get a banger with you Rio...or a diff banger from Stache....it is not any diff than any other
banger you can get for 14mm male types. They use a cheap quality banger(s) for the Rio.......

This is why I do not use them....no need and I find the quality is poor....especially if the stock ones are true quartz....which I have a hard
time believing.

Your choices are simple........first step is to decide which type your going with....a round or square bottom one. If you go with any round
bottom bangers......you will have to be careful on torch time.....your goods will and can scorch easily....so go slow with heat up times.

If you go with a square bottom, normally thicker buttoms...like the 710coils bangers.......the heating process is different. You will heat longer
but also have the ability to control the scorching so much better. You can extend the length of taste through your dab session much better.

So if you want a very low cost round banger that comes with a spinner cap and pearl(s)....get one of the amazon ones as they are soooooo much
better than any stock Stache bangers.

If you want to go for the extended taste and nice low temp ability ones....go with a 710coils deep dish 25mm banger in clear or opaque. Use 2 6mm ruby pearls and their Pi directional caps. This is my go to setup now, might change with 710coils's new square outside round inside banger
though. Cant wait on that one.

Rio-Dishes.jpg

Long Island Quartz round bottom LEFT ( I use a 8mm ruby ball now), 710coils 25mm on RIGHT (this is the regular one, not the deep dish)

Rio-Deep-Dishes.jpg

Same here, but the 710coils one on the RIGHT is the opaque deep dish 25mm one. (my fav so far)

I keep searching for a decent but affordable replacement banger. The issue is that you can’t really tell if it will line up properly with the torch. I know 710’s bangers work with the Rio. Which Amazon - or any other ones - are you referring to that align with the Rio torch?

DingoGlittering

I have yet to find a banger that doesn't work with my rio. Bear quartz makes solid cheap bangers, I have a highbrid bottom that fits great without needing to move the torch out. It's like $40 or $50 if you want the seamless neck or whatever they call it.

OyVape

I'm not sure I would know a fake RIO from the real. LOL I guess we'll see. Waiting to hear from FedEx when they pick up the package tonight.

I don't put a ton of salt in reviews but I didn't see anything like that. I saw 2000 good Google reviews. But, again, I'm not a big review guy.

I didn't see many bad reviews. Nothing about fakes. Link?
@Hackerman, have you received your 2 Rios from Focus? What do you think, are they legit?

I ordered one from Cream City but they didn’t have the color I wanted and now it seems lost in transit. I’m about to cancel and ask for a refund...

I am quite sure they are legit. In fact, I have ordered from Focus a number of times since then and everything has been 100%. They ship same day and use FedEx.

You have to watch their sales. They sell the same item for different prices based upon color (I assume it's the color of their overstock). I just bought an E-rig for 1/2 price because it was pink. LMAO

They have RIOs (makeover version) there now for $149 (green) $159 (blue) $189 (red) and $249 (black) depending on color. All version 2. What color were you looking for?

Last edited:

OyVape

Well, there was no option for teal so I ordered the blue.

My Cream City order seems lost in transit...

Texus

I just bought 2 RIO round bottom bangers from Focus Camera and both bangers fit both of my RIOs (V1 and V2) perfectly. They line up correctly and everything. Based on what others are saying I must have been super lucky.

However, IMO, the RIO bangers are too thick. I currently use the super cheapo banger I got on Amazon for about $20. It is only 3mm thick and heats up almost instantly on cold starts. It also lines up almost perfectly with me needing to pull the RIO lighter out just about an 1/8th of an inch.

Really loving this RIO. It has become my goto for rosin. Everything with a coil or ceramic disc just took a back seat.
Thanks for that rec. Mine just arrived and love it. Great first hit on some Double Durban Sugar.

Kins

"Drops" are when new supply lands on a site. Usually a term used for in-demand items that might go quick. For example, FW7 was dropping on Sundays at 9 (until FW decided to go to a system that tells buyer week that FW7 will be ready), etc.

Oh ok I've heard it before just never used that way. Thanks for the explanation.

OyVape

If it does not show an acceptance scan they never dropped it off. Very common practice from CCV.
Well the green one finally arrived today from CCV. USPS tracking left off 4-5 days ago so i thought i it was lost.

I was referring to Focus, where I bought the blue one. No receipt or tracking number from them yet. But it’s only been a day.

I have yet to find a banger that doesn't work with my rio. Bear quartz makes solid cheap bangers, I have a highbrid bottom that fits great without needing to move the torch out. It's like $40 or $50 if you want the seamless neck or whatever they call it.
Those highbrids (flat outside and round inside) look like they would take a longer time to heat up with such a thick bottom. Curious to hear what you think.

DingoGlittering

Those highbrids (flat outside and round inside) look like they would take a longer time to heat up with such a thick bottom. Curious to hear what you think.
I have been preferring my flat bottom to the round bottom, but as a round bottom I enjoy it. It does take longer to get up to temp but it also holds temp longer and doesn't overheat as easily. It also would potentially fit an e-coil. Not bad at all for the price.

Snivac

Ive got a Rio and I find myself hardly using it. I’ve never felt like I get the hits I get from my other devices. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

cieje

I ordered a Piro too. does anybody have one? my understanding is that it'll fit on it. part of why I want extra glass is to have a separate one for flower.

Ive got a Rio and I find myself hardly using it. I’ve never felt like I get the hits I get from my other devices. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Basic rule... for bigger clouds, heat it more. For less clouds and bigger flavor, heat it less. There is definitely a learning curve (as with all vapes). I cold start. That is, I put a dab of rosin in the banger and then heat it until it bubbles.

Snivac

Basic rule... for bigger clouds, heat it more. For less clouds and bigger flavor, heat it less. There is definitely a learning curve (as with all vapes). I cold start. That is, I put a dab of rosin in the banger and then heat it until it bubbles.
Thanks. That’s pretty much what I’m doing. I’m wondering if I’m putting in too small of dabs and overheating.

Top Bottom