• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I have been thinking about getting one of these. Teal geesh! My wife had a teal Saturn when we met, the geo metro of the 90s. I love my wife. I don't like teal.

Price is very good. For close to the price of a new one of any color I got the teal BUT I also was able to purchase a Timberheads Rio base to go with.

DingoGlittering

What's the best color? Thinking about getting purple... Also, is there a place to get replacement torches? I only saw what seemed like the old style of torch on the manufacturer site? I am worried that if my torch goes then my Rio goes with it...

DingoGlittering,

DingoGlittering

Can anyone confirm if the torch, glass, and banger that come in the Micro Rig Kit are identical to the torch, glass, and banger that come in the full Makeover Kit?

DingoGlittering,
Did anyone who ordered from Vaporsolo get any kind of shipping confirmation? My order still shows the credit card payment as PENDING with a ghosted button that says, "MANUALLY CONFIRM PAYMENT". And, my credit card co shows the payment as PENDING.

The web site says they ship next business day. Is everyone who ordered from them having this same situation?

Thanks

Hackerman,

DingoGlittering

Which color did you order? I only see green in stock now so in my experience it's possible they sold more than they had in stock and are going to reach out to you to confirm if you want a refund or a different unit. Or perhaps they are trying to locate the rest of their inventory. I would reach out to them directly and see what the situation is.

DingoGlittering,

Did anyone who ordered from Vaporsolo get any kind of shipping confirmation? My order still shows the credit card payment as PENDING with a ghosted button that says, "MANUALLY CONFIRM PAYMENT". And, my credit card co shows the payment as PENDING.

The web site says they ship next business day. Is everyone who ordered from them having this same situation?

Thanks

same for me @Hackerman - I just emailed them.

Seems a little strange to receive it on Sunday night but I just got this message from them...

VAPORSOLO said: Hello we will try to ship on Monday ,sorry for the delay due to covid issues

I'm good if it ships Monday. Albeit, I am pretty worn out on everyone blaming COVID for everything. LOL Anyone else get a message from them?

Peace

delicatebunting

Seems a little strange to receive it on Sunday night but I just got this message from them...

VAPORSOLO said: Hello we will try to ship on Monday ,sorry for the delay due to covid issues

I'm good if it ships Monday. Albeit, I am pretty worn out on everyone blaming COVID for everything. LOL Anyone else get a message from them?

Peace

I don't think it's terribly unreasonable for a Thursday late-afternoon order to ship out on a Monday?

delicatebunting,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime

Peace
I'm with you on the Covid excuse, valid at times, but over used!

I ordered a green after I saw it mentioned here. Have loved my early version and really not understood the differences between the original, the makeover and the makeover mini, other than the torch. But at this price,I figured I'd try and not have a lot at risk.

My payment is still listed as pending on my card, and this card gets used for a lot of purchases domestic and not, without issues, so....

I think it's positive that they're reaching out, that's usually not a bad sign? Also think Sunday night emails show effort!

Positive thoughts bring positive results!

MonkeyTime,
I'm with you on the Covid excuse, valid at times, but over used!

I ordered a green after I saw it mentioned here. Have loved my early version and really not understood the differences between the original, the makeover and the makeover mini, other than the torch. But at this price,I figured I'd try and not have a lot at risk.

My payment is still listed as pending on my card, and this card gets used for a lot of purchases domestic and not, without issues, so....

I think it's positive that they're reaching out, that's usually not a bad sign? Also think Sunday night emails show effort!

Positive thoughts bring positive results!
My credit card shows the same. That's cool. They don't charge the card until the item ships. That's the way it should be. I'm cool so far. However, I ASSURE you that Puffitup would have shipped it next day. LOL

I think the diff in the makeover is the carb cap, something in the position of the banger and... hmmm? Something else.

I'm excited.

I don't think it's terribly unreasonable for a Thursday late-afternoon order to ship out on a Monday?
I don't either. In fact, if you read my post, that's what I said. You probably missed that. No problem. It's COVID's fault. COVID got in your eye. LOL

I come from an era where mail order said, "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery". LOL

However, their web site advertises that they ship next day.

I still haven't received any shipping updates from vapor solo, and my email to customer support hasn't been responded to. Feeling a bit nervous that I won't be receiving this in the end - we will see and I'll keep you posted!

Kins

I still haven't received any shipping updates from vapor solo, and my email to customer support hasn't been responded to. Feeling a bit nervous that I won't be receiving this in the end - we will see and I'll keep you posted!

How long do they usually take to ship?

Kins,

Well, looks like mine just shipped. Interesting time to ship (from Ontario CA), but just assume they are slammed or something. I’ll be excited to receive this and will report back. Aside from my ditanium, vapexhale evo, and various “concentrate pads”, and wax pens up until this point, I haven’t taken a “true” dab. I’ll be curious to see how this stacks up to those experiences (which I found mostly underwhelming and too much cleanup and maintenance to be worth it). Right now my terp pen is my go to.

I received mine today (a day early). It looks very nice. The glass is a little thicker than I expected so that's a nice surprise. I fit my round-bottom banger into it and it's pretty close to a perfect fit. I need to pull the lighter out a tiny bit to center it.

As tempting as it is, I'm not sure I'll get to try it today. I had a tooth pulled yesterday and any kind of sucking (smoking, vaping or drinking through a straw) is at risk of pulling the blood clot away from the healing opening and causing a dry socket. Not fun and very painful. So, we'll see how long I can go today without trying it. LOL

Anyone else get theirs yet?

I received mine today (a day early). It looks very nice. The glass is a little thicker than I expected so that's a nice surprise. I fit my round-bottom banger into it and it's pretty close to a perfect fit. I need to pull the lighter out a tiny bit to center it.

As tempting as it is, I'm not sure I'll get to try it today. I had a tooth pulled yesterday and any kind of sucking (smoking, vaping or drinking through a straw) is at risk of pulling the blood clot away from the healing opening and causing a dry socket. Not fun and very painful. So, we'll see how long I can go today without trying it. LOL

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Don't risk your health! It will be all the better after you have waited :)

Mine is out for delivery - should be here relatively soon. I think I'll give it a try when I get it - I'll let u know my initial thoughts then. Time to go watch a video to see how to get up and running :)

My lighter is definitely NOT working the way the instructions say it should. If the round valve is open AT ALL, fluid is coming out. When I click the igniter button (and release it), the flame STAYS on until I close the round valve on top. I actually think I'll like it better than if the flame goes out when you release the igniter button (like the instructions say) but I always worry about a butane item that is malfuctioning.

Is it supposed to work like that?

Hackerman,

Kins

My lighter is definitely NOT working the way the instructions say it should. If the round valve is open AT ALL, fluid is coming out. When I click the igniter button (and release it), the flame STAYS on until I close the round valve on top. I actually think I'll like it better than if the flame goes out when you release the igniter button (like the instructions say) but I always worry about a butane item that is malfuctioning.

Is it supposed to work like that?

The round dial is too turn on, up or off the level of butane. If you hold it in front of you and the mouthpiece is closer to you left hand and the banger is on the right. The big round dial on the right. If you turn that towards yourself that turns on the butane. Then you click the button which is the "ignition". That will light the butane. You can turn up the flame by turning the big round dial towards you to increase the flame and away from you to decrease the flame. Turn the dial all the way away from you till it stops to turn it off. Always make sure it's turned all the way off or so that the dial doesn't move clockwise any further.

I just had mine sitting around for a while. Today I took it out again. Wow, this thing hits like a truck. Then again I took too big of dab and I was gonna put it back and take half but I thought "I just wanna see how it effects me". Well, I mean dang. I burnt almost half of it but I got 3 huge hits and a couple little ones after reheating it. Yeah it was a waste but it also really wasted me in no time flat. From sober to "flying high" in about 60 seconds.

Last edited:
The round dial is too turn on, up or off the level of butane. If you hold it in front of you and the mouthpiece is closer to you left hand and the banger is on the right. The big round dial on the right. If you turn that towards yourself that turns on the butane. Then you click the button which is the "ignition". That will light the butane. You can turn up the flame by turning the big round dial towards you to increase the flame and away from you to decrease the flame. Turn the dial all the way away from you till it stops to turn it off. Always make sure it's turned all the way off or so that the dial doesn't move clockwise any further.

Yep, that's exactly how mine is working. However, that is NOT what the instructions say should happen. The instructions say that when you release your finger off the igniter button the flame should go out and it does NOT. Like you said, you have to turn the valve knob all the way clockwise to stop the gas. Even 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and the gas is coming out.

Since yours is like that, I am believing that perhaps it's supposed to be that way. Certainly I prefer it that way so I am guessing that might be one of the things that happened in the "makeover". Fuck this tooth, I need to try this. LMAO

Thanks for the input, bud.

EDIT: I have never used a banger like this before. Do you put the dab on that little glass cylinder in the middle? Or, put it in the perimeter area? I imagine if I put it on top, it will just drip down to the sides, anyway.

Last edited:
Hackerman,

Kins

Yep, that's exactly how mine is working. However, that is NOT what the instructions say should happen. The instructions say that when you release your finger off the igniter button the flame should go out and it does NOT. Like you said, you have to turn the valve knob all the way clockwise to stop the gas. Even 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and the gas is coming out.

Since yours is like that, I am believing that perhaps it's supposed to be that way. Certainly I prefer it that way so I am guessing that might be one of the things that happened in the "makeover". Fuck this tooth, I need to try this. LMAO

Thanks for the input, bud.

EDIT: I have never used a banger like this before. Do you put the dab on that little glass cylinder in the middle? Or, put it in the perimeter area? I imagine if I put it on top, it will just drip down to the sides, anyway.

I was told to put the dab in between the nub in the middle and the sides.

@Kins @androponic Thanks guys. I plan to hit this thing as soon as I wake up tomorrow. LOL Tooth should be all healed by then and no more dry socket danger. :) Although, I took a draw through this without water and it's definitely not like sucking a straw or drawing a vape. More like just breathing in. LOL

Thanks again.

Top Bottom