• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Just ordered myself a bubble cap and some 6mm ruby's. Couldn't find any smaller then that.
Where's the best place to buy a flat banger that will work good with rio?

Robert Paulson,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I pair with 710's often. Both their regular and deep dish offerings fit well on my Makeover.

Just received my first banger that does not fit on the Makeover, Evan Shore has a stretched neck that places it about 3/4" past the torch.

LabPong

Just ordered myself a bubble cap and some 6mm ruby's. Couldn't find any smaller then that.
Where's the best place to buy a flat banger that will work good with rio?

Literally one post before yours describes them and actually shows pics of them........

I pair with 710's often. Both their regular and deep dish offerings fit well on my Makeover.

Just received my first banger that does not fit on the Makeover, Evan Shore has a stretched neck that places it about 3/4" past the torch.

Why cant you pull the torch out a little to meet it?

LabPong

Here is a general idea of fitting a dif banger on your Rio.

The blue Rio on the left has the torch all the way in the body. Black Rio has the torch pulled out about 1/4 inch.

Rio-Bangers.jpg

Banger on the blue on is the deep dish 25mm 710coils, and the black one has a regular 710coils 25mm banger. I have other
710coil banger and they are all slightly different in the stem neck size and also the height of the banger bottom.

Evacipate

Another mention of CaliConnected's awesomeness, they sent me a holiday card and I just thought it was going to be a generic one but it was really cool and they included a $5 gift card which was a classy move.

After owning my RiO now for 10 days and using it daily, I've finally had to refill the tank. That seems really damn good and I love not ever having to worry about charging it lol. I also went through everything from my first trip to stock up at the dispensary and picked up a few new items last night. As amazing as the Key Lime Pie diamonds were...this Watermelon Gelato LRSW is the best concentrate I've used in the RiO by far...hell it's really best thing I've found all year. It was the very last package so this is probably a rare find but hopefully they have more next time because omfg...the watermelon notes are so perfectly nuanced...it's not fake watermelon cartridge flavor but many subtle and sweet melon flavors like honeydew and cantaloupe as well. The effect in the RiO has had me going strong for 5 hours now and counting ffs...

wcsJoLE.jpg

LabPong

Ok...tested the Alien Flower Monkey round bottom 25mm banger. Not sure I want to use a round bottom now....or maybe I want a thicker bottom round one? Or possibly a opaque thick round bottom?

My fav so far is the deep dish 25mm opaque from 710coils. I like it for several reasons which I will not get into right now...I just want to compare general use and more importantly......how different bangers fit on the Rio......and what works well.

Here are the current setups of my 2 Rio's.

Rio-Banger2.jpg

And here is how the AFM round bottom lines up.......

Rio-Banger1.jpg

Notice how far away the AFM one is from the torch! It works...just barely though....the flame is just long enough to hit the banger bottom, but the problem is that you are only using the very tip of the blue flame......so the heating is not spread very well. Just for that reason only..I am rejecting the use of this banger. I did find is sooooo easy to scorch the oil with a thinner wall at the heating point. It is made with good quality and the taste was good and not like the cheaper stock banger for sure.

I do have an expensive LIQ round bottom comign tomorrow....so lets see what happens with that one...it should fit well as it is much deeper than the AFM one.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
FWIW, the HOTTEST part of a torch flame is the very tip of the blue flame. Google images can explain it better than I.

You should see a faster heat up time on that round bottom that is positioned higher. Combine that with a thinner wall and it would be more easily scorched- especially if you are not moving that oil around at the right time and if you don't turn off the torch at the right time.

While you are learning the limits of that round bottom, try smaller pulls and doing a re-heat or two, instead of trying to hit optimum temp for full vaporization. You will quickly learn how hot you can push it.

FlyingLow,

Snivac

So need some help with my Rio. Noticing my concentrates are running up the walls of my banger and I need to let the flame run for longer than I think I should be to get good hits. Any ideas why? I’ve tried heating with my carb cap on and off. Seeing the same results.

Kins

So need some help with my Rio. Noticing my concentrates are running up the walls of my banger and I need to let the flame run for longer than I think I should be to get good hits. Any ideas why? I’ve tried heating with my carb cap on and off. Seeing the same results.

Explain with further details or take a video. That might help people help you better. Where are you placing the dab? What banger are you using?

Snivac

Explain with further details or take a video. That might help people help you better. Where are you placing the dab? What banger are you using?
Tend to have the dab on the bottom of the banger typically touching the side of the glass. It’s the standard Quartz banger without the core. I’m wondering if it’s heating up too fast and causing it to run.

LabPong

FWIW, the HOTTEST part of a torch flame is the very tip of the blue flame. Google images can explain it better than I.

You should see a faster heat up time on that round bottom that is positioned higher. Combine that with a thinner wall and it would be more easily scorched- especially if you are not moving that oil around at the right time and if you don't turn off the torch at the right time.

While you are learning the limits of that round bottom, try smaller pulls and doing a re-heat or two, instead of trying to hit optimum temp for full vaporization. You will quickly learn how hot you can push it.

Yea...I was not trying to heat it very hard and was going for milking lower temps. But it was just too hard with this setup of the AFM banger. It's like walking a high wire circus act! The narrow band of just the right amount/time of heating.....is very thin.

But I could get a very diff exp with the other round bottom as it is deeper and will be closer to the torch. But I do like the buffer of the thicker ones and their ability to hold heat longer. It is def more good proof.

Evacipate

^^^ It is perfectly acceptable to prefer a round bottom over the titty…we all have our preferences...:cool:
You deserve serious pot brownie points for brilliantly seeing what was in front of us all! :D
BTW is your handle a nod to Tribes?
Being a novice myself, please take this with a grain of salt, especially since we have different style bangers. However, thanks to the extra delicate nature of the Watermelon Gelato live resin that is already sadly almost gone, I feel I've made a lot of progress in the learning curve of the RiO with the stock core banger in the past few days. I've achieved really efficient, very potent doses using half of what I was before without becoming uncomfortably inebriated almost to the point of nausea nor not dealing with lung pain or congestion after. Furthermore, I deep cleaned the banger several days ago to perfection and it still looks like it did the moment I finished, no running up the walls and zero build up or residue with everything from live resin, shatter, crumble, etc.

I've also found that quantity is more important than I would have realized as too small of a dab and it will burn very quickly, too much and I'm going to destroy my very capable lungs and feel sick trying to get it all before it burns and it probably still will. I'm probably using about .1 - .15 instead of closer to the quarter grams I was likely using before just because it's so easy to toss a big chunk into the banger vs making little BBs for the wax pens. I just feel it's unnecessary and wasteful when moderate amounts work better and provide a more balanced effect.

Utilizing the RiO for cold starts exclusively, I think the most important method I've adopted has been to using the torch exclusively on its lowest setting. The only way you really have control with the RiO, since it's not like there is a digital reader to monitor the temperature, is to maximize the range of steps in your margin of error, but obviously not too much. However, when you use the flame on a medium or high setting even for a second, it flares up the sides of the banger and I suspect this is what causes concentrates to run up the side more and especially to leave a caked-on, black residue behind. Kind of like a small pot on a gas stove, you have to keep the flame smaller to prevent it from running up the side of the pot and scorching what you're cooking. I feel now I'm getting the most tasty and medicinal effects when only heating the core with the tiny pinpoint of the smallest flame and holding the banger into the light, watching closely for the signs to turn the flame off completely and take the first hit.

What I've been doing is placing an ideal amount of concentrate on the side of the core, capping with the carb cap, firing up the torch and reducing the flame to the point that I know any further adjustment will cause it to self extinguish and watching carefully just until I see not only mild bubbling but also small plumes of vapor puff up in the banger and take the first hit while turning the cap, which is so tasty now it's hard to believe- but also provides a decent cloud vs my previous methods always being mildly flavorful but having little to no "body" to the vapor. I usually take another hit and continue to turn before firing the torch back up to the lowest setting again and watching, repeating the same cycle several times, usually by about the 3rd or 4th starting to achieve really dense clouds without any off flavors or burning in the banger. By the 5th or 6th, the session is over and a quick wipe with both ends of the Q-tip is all it takes to remove any remaining residue.

BTW, I recall others mentioning that the core banger is a PITA to clean with Qtips because the space between the wall and core is just small enough to prevent a Qtip from typically slipping in. This is the case but there is an easy fix, you simply grab the tip of the cotton on the end and twist it out a bit, essentially reducing the overall circumference of the swab and leaving a soft, little bit of extra fluff at the end. This way it slips right in between the core and the sides and seems to do an even more thorough job cleaning with the excess of cotton hanging off the end.

That said, I think I'm still going to invest in a round bottom banger with a ruby pearl and a spinner cap soon as I want something as a backup anyways and it would be nice to have another method to use of course.

LabPong

I am not finding that the make over version of the torches has much if any adjustment at all.

It is like medium or medium high. But I just keep it at the lowest setting possible without flaming out.
Using a round bottom banger seems much harder to deal with because of this. I suggest getting a thick ass
round bottom banger. My experience with that pretty thick AFM one was not that great...but the banger did
not fit the Rio well at all....too much distance.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^ @Evacipate Your method for cold starting a dab pretty much mirrors mine.

My handle is not related to Tribes. It is a nod to a character in the Hyperion Cantos. A four book science fiction opus by Dan Simmons. :)

Evacipate

@LabPong

I have a quirky tendency to research such things ad nauseam, reading every review, watching every video, etc. Almost to the point of "analysis paralysis" lol. When I was researching the RiO and the differences between the original and the makeover, I recall the subject of the torch's variability control coming up more than once and basically conveying the same thing, that the newer version lacks the same low output and just kind of goes out where the original would have a bit more fine precision. Fortunately, I have not found this to be an issue as when I finally became familiar enough to dial in the lowest setting without the flame going out, it's pretty much ideal for my circumstance and any lower probably wouldn't be beneficial to my personal preferences. That said, I could see this potentially posing an issue with a RBB so thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of just going with the one Stache sells since the stock banger seems to be of ample quality and more likely to work with the RiO but I'm also digging some of these other ones I've seen elsewhere that have thick, opaque bottoms as well. Ah decisions, decisions... :hmm:

@Shrike

That's awesome! It gives me hope I'm going in the right direction. :rockon:

And dang I was not aware of that character or what sounds like quite a sci fi masterpiece, I'll have to check it out! I've only seen the name used for a small aircraft in Tribes 2- a unique, seminal online shooter from the turn of the century that I used to play like crazy and now I'm betting the developers of the game were probably influenced by the same character/book. :o

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Ilium / Olympos is the shit
Agreed...a great read on many levels. Mr. Simmons' writing skills across many genre's is noteworthy.

S.F./Horror/Fantasy/Historical Fiction. The man's won awards in all. :nod:

And back on subject...love my RIO! Best portable dabber I've owned. :tup:

Shrike,

Kins

I'm still thinking of picking up the round bottom banger from the stache website. $45 plus shipping is a little step though. Cheapest shipping option is $14!. $59 I'd pay total.

Kins,
Top Bottom