Retrosteam vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! Wanted to introduce you this vaporizer someone recently showed me . I have never seen it ,so i was really suprise as this is first time someone showing me a vaporizer in person that i havent seen already,lol... The tech is nothing special ,also looks like there is potential to scortch your wood ,if you mess the angle,but for VG fans it shouldnt be much of a learning curve. Craftsmanship and build quality looked very good in person ! The design is built to last for sure.
Retrosteam classic https://retrosteam.de/en/collections/retrosteam
image.png

Retrosteam top which you can put on any pipe you already own !
toppich_1512x.jpg

https://retrosteam.de/en/products/retrosteam-diamond for WP usage
diamond_720x.jpg

And the Cuban https://retrosteam.de/en/products/retrosteam-cuban
image5cuban_720x.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Great find Abysmal Vapor, I was trying to achieve something similar but I stopped cause it appears my old smoking pipe doesn't get a large enough airflow for convection hits, I think it's the issue with most smoking pipes, they was designed to restrict airflow. Although it's probably possible to drill a larger vaporpath using the appropriate tool... I'll try to look for a such drilling tool in the future.
Thank you for sharing!

coolbreeze

Looks pretty much like a Vapor Genie, but I'm a sucker for wooden bong-toppers and my VG performs very well, so...I have a diamond on the way! I'll share my thoughts if it lets me remember to!
Not like a Vapor Genie, the Retrosteam Diamond more a straightforward brick-style vape. It works surprisingly well: this is a very easy vape to use. What's different--besides the awesome shape--is the nearly all stainless steel heat and vapor path. The design is simple: the intake tube is permanently joined to the wooden block, which friction-fits the top of the stainless bowl/wpa.
IMG-3204.jpg

The intake tube is thick-walled but narrow, with a funnel on top. The bowl is one-piece, 3/4"OD, straight-sided with a ledge at the top of the joint where the screen rests (poker is not included, it's available separately from Doug's Woodery and fits perfectly). The wooden body appears to be beech and is available in natural or one of 3 colors, above.
IMG-3205.jpg

The bottom of the tube appears to rest on a standard dome screen, embedded as a diffuser. It's surprisingly effective. The narrow tube and diffuser screen create a forgiving, even torching experience. It's easy to get thick vapor, and the flavor is great, the roast reasonably uniform.

IMG-3206.jpg

All in all, this is a fine vape, and I recommend it! It's simple, very productive, makes high-quality vapor. It's practically indestructible and would make a fine camping or hurricane vape. The bowl is large capacity but works like all others, with a screen covering. Evening and very lightly tamping helps with the very even roasting this thing does.

There are only two problems, one of which will be fixed with the next batch: first, the new models will have removable intake tubes and diffuser discs for easy cleaning and customizability. The other problem might also be easily fixed: in order to check/stir, you need to pull the friction-fit wooden top loose from the hot steel bottom, The bowl needs a maria/handle of some sort.

Anyhow, it's a not-insignificant but also non-deal-breaking issue. The Diamond is fun, simple, durable, and produces voluminous, high-quality vapor. It's well worth its ~$80 price tag!

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi,
To complete @coolbreeze post, i have the Cuban since few days and i can say that it's a great butane vape. Easy to use and to clean, very well made with clean materials (wood and inox). The bowl is big but it comes with a wood reducer, it's removable.

The last pic is a leather case i made for it and for the Cuban's creator. You can put the Cuban, a lighter and a herb box.

P.S.: this thread should leave this section and go to the "Portable vaporizer" section.

coolbreeze

Hi,
To complete @coolbreeze post, i have the Cuban since few days and i can say that it's a great butane vape. Easy to use and to clean, very well made with clean materials (wood and inox). The bowl is big but it comes with a wood reducer, it's removable.

The last pic is a leather case i made for it and for the Cuban's creator. You can put the Cuban, a lighter and a herb box.

P.S.: this thread should leave this section and go to the "Portable vaporizer" section.
@Duba , is that the bowl removed from the pipe body? It looks like the bowl/WPA from the Diamond--if the Cuban top fits it you'd have a free bong vape, too!

Pizzico

Hi, I'm trying to understand how it works ... so, if I understood correctly, even the Cuban BESIDES allowing use as it comes, allows you to "unthread / remove" that part which then slips (possibly) into a bong attack from 14, as if it were a wpa?

Retrosteam

Manufacturer
hey i'm working on the subtitles for the instructional videos then you can open up a lot. there are currently 2-3 promotional videos on youtube. we now also have the new generation of retrosteam products. stands and trays are planned the cuban also has the feature of functioning as a bong attachment. I have published two threads on Instagram

Pizzico

hey sto lavorando sui sottotitoli per i video didattici, quindi puoi aprirti molto. ci sono attualmente 2-3 video promozionali su youtube. ora abbiamo anche la nuova generazione di prodotti retrosteam. sono previsti stand e vassoi il cuban ha anche la caratteristica di funzionare come attacco per bong. Ho pubblicato due discussioni su Instagram
Grazie! I have "stormed" you with questions on instagram in fact... basically I'm totally fascinated by your work...

bestvaping

I received the new version of the Cuban vaporizer, this is the walnut special model, It seems to me to have read somewhere that it was a wood recovered during a fire, But I can't find the description anymore .. @Retrosteam can you tell me more about the origin of the wood of this special edition (and others classic edition)?

The packaging is very classy and simple, I love :cool:

zxyu.png

unty.png

This is a small sticky pipe :p produce in wood, stainless steel V4A (AISI 316L) and acrylic for mouthpiece, the magnets are of good quality and firmly holds the two parts together.

With the new version you can easily remove the flame intake to clean or change the ceramic filter:

r6kb.png

e51n.png

Moreover all the parts are removable which greatly facilitates maintenance:

6pjs.png

3oul.png

The filling bowl and also an adapter for water filter, unlike diamond, the wooden part is easily removed to stir or check, the assembly is not done by friction here (which can be an advantage or an inconvenience depending on the water filter model used):

ta84.gif

In comparison with sticky bricks, the draw and significantly different, Here there is no air intake between the bowl and the mouthpiece, which makes the draw very tight but produces huge cloud of steam. The ceramic filter works perfectly well and I get a very uniform AVB. Honestly unlike the bricks, I don't even need to stir here.

The dimensions are very elegant and it fits perfectly in the hand, Which makes it a good bed vaping :brow:

Here is a dimension scale with a SBL Jr and a Dynavap BB6:

z0h5.png

The construction is solid and perfectly successful, it's German manufacturing and the person and a very friendly craftsman! It's nice to buy in Europe for once!

I would like to find a glass mouthpiece :wave:

wtzw.png

Last edited:

Sativapo

Is it like the bricks or vg where you have to " suck" the flame or can you heat it on the side of the metal intake to reduce the chance of inhaling unburned butane ?

Sativapo,
Reactions: Xclerk

bestvaping

Is it like the bricks or vg where you have to " suck" the flame or can you heat it on the side of the metal intake to reduce the chance of inhaling unburned butane ?
Yes it is mainly like the bricks and other butane vape on demand. But I think it would be feasible to make an accumulator thermal mode for this vape?

coolbreeze

I received the new version of the Cuban vaporizer, this is the walnut special model, It seems to me to have read somewhere that it was a wood recovered during a fire, But I can't find the description anymore .. @Retrosteam can you tell me more about the origin of the wood of this special edition (and others classic edition)?

The packaging is very classy and simple, I love :cool:

zxyu.png

unty.png

This is a small sticky pipe :p produce in wood, stainless steel V4A (AISI 316L) and acrylic for mouthpiece, the magnets are of good quality and firmly holds the two parts together.

With the new version you can easily remove the flame intake to clean or change the ceramic filter:

r6kb.png

e51n.png

Moreover all the parts are removable which greatly facilitates maintenance:

6pjs.png

3oul.png

The filling bowl and also an adapter for water filter, unlike diamond, the wooden part is easily removed to stir or check, the assembly is not done by friction here (which can be an advantage or an inconvenience depending on the water filter model used):

ta84.gif

In comparison with sticky bricks, the draw and significantly different, Here there is no air intake between the bowl and the mouthpiece, which makes the draw very tight but produces huge cloud of steam. The ceramic filter works perfectly well and I get a very uniform AVB. Honestly unlike the bricks, I don't even need to stir here.

The dimensions are very elegant and it fits perfectly in the hand, Which makes it a good bed vaping :brow:

Here is a dimension scale with a SBL Jr and a Dynavap BB6:

z0h5.png

The construction is solid and perfectly successful, it's German manufacturing and the person and a very friendly craftsman! It's nice to buy in Europe for once!

I would like to find a glass mouthpiece :wave:

Edit: Oh I forgot the artist's dough :)

wtzw.png
That's gorgeous! Glad that the top works for the WPA/bowl, that's a really sweet bonus.

Can you post a pic of the underside of the top piece, please?

Retrosteam

Manufacturer
Hey thanks for this introduction. we are constantly trying to develop further, but we want to go our own way. In any case, thanks again for the words, that's exactly what I wanted to achieve and is also my personal goal. I have saved and processed many different types of wood. Here I proceed carefully and with love for the environment. We get wood from companies that throw away pieces, leftover stocks that we buy, dismantle or from stocks we have cut down ourselves. The greatest claim here is to use the resources on site. This wood here is European walnut that I felled at my father-in-law's. it was planted too close to the house and had to be felled. the walnut was able to grow quickly because it was constantly getting water (hence the lighter rings that are far apart in the grain). I boiled them, as I often used in the past, to be able to process them faster. what a lot of people don't know is that we try to recycle as many magnets as possible. this is very time consuming, but works better and better. we organize regular campaigns or issue discounts for corresponding quantities. We often use these in packaging for cigarette paper. The first 2 videos of 8 are now ready. these will bring the products even closer to you visually. However, creating the subtitles is an underestimated task on my part and takes a lot more time. we hear from each other. I wish everyone here a green weekend and have fun with everything 🙂

bestvaping

These are really nice vapes, and so easy to use. Hope you enjoy the heck out of that one!
Yes the test phase is a success for my part :) It's so simple to use, I use my torches and not a flame, I haven't burn once yet. I am very impressed by ceramic heat diffuser to disperse hot air across the herbs. Besides, the stainless steel part seems to be a very good idea, it retains the heat well and allows a faster puff during a session (less heating time). I have not yet changed the screen which is also a good thing. The pipe is so light and soft to the touch, it's incredible, and when it heats :love:

Hey thanks for this introduction. we are constantly trying to develop further, but we want to go our own way. In any case, thanks again for the words, that's exactly what I wanted to achieve and is also my personal goal. I have saved and processed many different types of wood. Here I proceed carefully and with love for the environment. We get wood from companies that throw away pieces, leftover stocks that we buy, dismantle or from stocks we have cut down ourselves. The greatest claim here is to use the resources on site. This wood here is European walnut that I felled at my father-in-law's. it was planted too close to the house and had to be felled. the walnut was able to grow quickly because it was constantly getting water (hence the lighter rings that are far apart in the grain). I boiled them, as I often used in the past, to be able to process them faster. what a lot of people don't know is that we try to recycle as many magnets as possible. this is very time consuming, but works better and better. we organize regular campaigns or issue discounts for corresponding quantities. We often use these in packaging for cigarette paper. The first 2 videos of 8 are now ready. these will bring the products even closer to you visually. However, creating the subtitles is an underestimated task on my part and takes a lot more time. we hear from each other. I wish everyone here a green weekend and have fun with everything 🙂
It's great, beautiful work. I will still have a question, the small storage pocket, is it hemp? The special edition is so light, Are all the woods variations so light? What video are you talking about? Thanks.

Top Bottom