• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
drVlsT2.jpg

If you ever need need a poor glass cleaner, I'm passing by you once a month;)
Ha, well stop on by... but careful it may take ya while. Bring a tooth brush :)

Fellow members are always welcome to share my glass. Hell that is what they are for, not for me to hide and brag about. Just pm me when you are around. I always have the dab bar open. Buddies tell me its like going wine tasting. I usually have 8-10 different types in front of me. Variety is the spice of life.

Yes the white area on Geoff's is honeycombed. There was a yellow one I like a little more, but it was sold before I returned on 4/20. The white is sweet too. Geoff is doing some awesome work lately

Last edited:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
My God. That third fourth row down... The Purple Rain and Lemon Drop combo, the Klinko, and the one in between.

Beautious!

Last edited:
Deadshort480,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

PhotoRider

My God. That third row down... The Purple Rain and Lemon Drop combo, the Klinko, and the one in between.

Beautious!
4th row down right? That would be PhilPot a full worked custom, Taylor Sims gone wild and yes the Klinko I got finally. Simple, but a sweet user too.

What is interesting is I now own a Hitman and a recycler :) (kind of think the same for Toro and Hitman)...

Oh, I bought my 90th recycler last night !!! a fully worked Contrabasso - used, but sweet looker. If you are a FB contrabasso group you know the piece :) The third time it travels coast to coast... twice in a month.
The seller’s image...
newstuff-11.jpg

Last edited:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
4th row down right? That would be PhilPot a full worked custom, Taylor Sims gone wild and yes the Klinko I got finally. Simple, but a sweet user too.

What is interesting is I now own a Hitman and a recycler :) (kind of think the same for Toro and Hitman)...

Oh, I bought my 90th recycler last night !!! a fully worked Contrabasso - used, but sweet looker. If you are a FB contrabasso group you know the piece :) The third time it travels coast to coast... twice in a month.
The seller’s image...
newstuff-11.jpg

Ha! I'm so enthralled by the glass that I have forgotten how to count!

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Man I love the Pyro stuff, been eyeing the Klinkos and Plinkos on IG, beauties! Yours is super sweet Photorider love the colouring...

That Contrabasso is a looker too. I really like the design of those pieces!

PhotoRider

Man I love the Pyro stuff, been eyeing the Klinkos and Plinkos on IG, beauties! Yours is super sweet Photorider love the colouring...

That Contrabasso is a looker too. I really like the design of those pieces!
well check with me if you buy. i can see if i can get you a deal since i'm close to them.

I just ordered a custom Plinko to replace the production one I let go. I wanted the plinko area worked with opals on each plinko. saw one and loved it. Color choice up to Pyro. Custom matching drop down for dnail too. Evan is hitting home runs lately. Heck the whole shop Pyro, Taluor Sims and Surlwy are all hits homers I did request a 14mm DI. He normallyy does 18's so I wanted somethingg different.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
well check with me if you buy. i can see if i can get you a deal since i'm close to them.

I just ordered a custom Plinko to replace the production one I let go. I wanted the plinko area worked with opals on each plinko. saw one and loved it. Color choice up to Pyro. Custom matching drop down for dnail too. Evan is hitting home runs lately. Heck the whole shop Pyro, Taluor Sims and Surlwy are all hits homers I did request a 14mm DI. He normallyy does 18's so I wanted somethingg different.
Thanks man will do! The custom sounds gorgeous!

Caligula

Maximus
Hey guys has anyone seen this slyme recycler on Max Quality Glass? $200 and made in Colorado :) I may have to buy this one today unless there is a cheaper option for a slyme recycler?

Available in 14mm and 18mm

http://max-quality-glass.myshopify.com/collections/worked/products/8-slyme-recycler-oil-rig-18mm

http://max-quality-glass.myshopify.com/collections/worked/products/6-slyme-recycler-oil-rig-18mm

C4A28838-26F4-42BF-9DAE-CAF58AA85713_zpsnk29y6te.png

Looks like a Collie piece (but they arent around anymore IIRC). Also, it doesnt look like it will have a very good functional vortex... if that matters to you.

BTW, $150 and made in CA. Any joint size/type you want.

mlo4sho

Yes, that is definitely a Colie recycler, although a bit more fancy than the ones in the past. I've owned one and can confirm unless it's a really good copy... it's from Colie. Plus, Colie is located in CO and the shop makes mention the piece was blown in CO. 2+2.

And I don't think anything happened to Colie Glass. Their website has been down forever but if you check their Instagram they're clearly still blowing glass. You don't hear much about them on FC anymore, though.

http://instagram.com/colieglass

http://dabzilla.com/

BoogerMan

@Deadshort480 I have dealt with both max quality glass and thick quality glass. Both guys from each company I spoke with were very nice and helpful. The products were all pretty nice for the price. However, some or most of their stuff seems to be from China so the prices are a little high IMO, but they are like any other online retailer, just trying to make a little money :)

PS I just got $10 off from Max Quality Glass for posting about one of their items :D so now it is only $190 with free shipping!!

I am trying to get a video of it so I can post it here.

Colie was actually a3 man outfit and those recyclers were made by someone who didn't represent them on here. That is definitely the same guy that made that one. It works fine but not really worth $200 IMO

Do you know of another slyme recycler for $200 or less?

I already have one like the CGD recycler that @Caligula posted. Plus I don't want to wait a month for one to get made lol.

So I am really looking for an 18mm male joint slyme recycler around 6-10 inches tall for under $200. Any help is greatly appreciated!

From my searching this one on max quality glass was the only one I found for $200 or less.

Last edited:
BoogerMan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

clouded vision

Off the top of my head no I don't know of any, but if I were you I would watch the used glass markets like nuggetry, instagram, Facebook, etc. That's where you will find the best deals, like a car glass loses value after the first hit.

I do want to point out that there is nothing wrong with that colie recycler, I just think it's overpriced, but if it checks all boxes for what you are looking for and nothing else does then buy it. Here are a couple videos of my old one. BTW I actually sold mine to a close friend and it is his daily driver and he loves it (but he loves my other pieces more) and I still get to hit it on a regular basis.

BoogerMan

Off the top of my head no I don't know of any, but if I were you I would watch the used glass markets like nuggetry, instagram, Facebook, etc. That's where you will find the best deals, like a car glass loses value after the first hit.

I do want to point out that there is nothing wrong with that colie recycler, I just think it's overpriced, but if it checks all boxes for what you are looking for and nothing else does then buy it. Here are a couple videos of my old one. BTW I actually sold mine to a close friend and it is his daily driver and he loves it (but he loves my other pieces more) and I still get to hit it on a regular basis.

Thanks for the videos! That helped a lot.

Yeah I know what you mean. Glass does lose its value fast. But for some reason people around where I live would easily pay $140-$160 on craigslist for this so even if I don't like it much I won't lose hardly any money :D

I think I will look around a bit more for a used recycler but for $190 I think this one might be a winner for me!

Thanks again @clouded vision!

PhotoRider

Guess my question @BoogerMan is what do you want from a recycle? why want a recycler?

I understand you have a $200 limit, must have some slime color and must have it soon is what I have gathered from the posts, but still I don't understand the need for a recycler

Also size is another question.

Depending on answers to those questions you may or may not be happy with that piece. If you want a recycler to perform in the sweet spot of the recycler concept this piece will not pass the grade. If you want a recycler because its in style right now and really don't know much about it, this may pass the grade. In between, it can go either way. The more you know about a recycler, the less you will be happy with it. The visual of a recycler is not here on this piece. It looks to be challenged on splash back in the mouth piece. It may not, but from the funnel design it looks risky.

The functionality of a recycler is 1) cool the vapor by extended contact with the water 2) recycled water is given time to cool by slowing the return in the whirlpool 3) minimal diffusion requirements help retain the flavor 4) the visual effect of the whirlpool.

Downsides to avoid 1) heavy draw/drag caused by too much water being drawn or poor diffusion 2) splashback 3) stability - with external funnels the base should handle it without falling over easy.

There maybe more from others, but those are my metrics.

This piece has issues in #4 and possibly #2 on benefits and #2 on downsides. This is just from an image. Can't judge the others w/o a water test.

That said if your requirements are light then maybe it will be good for you, but if I were you I would either postpone until you can afford a better design or just don't get a recycler. Recyclers tend to cost more for effective good designs. They require extra time and workmanship.

In my life everytime I cut corners and made a limit on cost it ended up costing more. However, it may be great for you

clouded vision

As always, @PhotoRider the glass expert to the rescue :tup:, seriously @BoogerMan he knows what he is talking about and owns 90 recyclers and countless other pieces. I will say though my colie had absolutely no splashback whatsoever no matter how hard I ripped it, my $800 worked Robin hood had more splashback than the colie did but everything else was right on the money.

Edit: Also it fails point 3 above, the 18mm is a 5x4 upgrid so there are 20 points of diffusion, for comparison, my Robin hood had 6, my Platt and sandalz recyclers both have 4 and $1000+ EA recyclers have 2. OTOH of your goal is a very smooth hit without a lot of flavor then it might still be what you want

Last edited:

PhotoRider

lol, yep.

Glad to hear there is minimal splash back. the funnel does have a center section on the funnel which drops down inside. This very well stop all splash back. The concern would be the input water hitting the opposite side of the funnel and splashing every where causing splash back. So I believe ya on the splash back. It was just a visual thing that would push me to test with water to see.

So maybe its a keeper then. The whirlpool isn't mandatory for good function so if that is the only issue its fine. I have many recyclers that fit this category, but have another advantage to make up for it like some awesome heady work. I'm ok with that

Also interesting on the Robin Hood. If its a nice heady piece then it isn't just normal production. Mine rips and splash back isn't an issue. Wonder how close mine is to yours. I do know the are not cheap. My buddies shop has a Robin Hood fully worked dual recycler at the low cost of $5500. I might pm RobinHood and ask him about it. Not saying your are unhappy etc, just sometimes a little constructive feedback can really help.

Top Bottom