Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

xer0

bird mans got a deal on a cycler for those interested

http://www.yooying.com/p/728994119365283324_372621906
interesing tube take on it
10354356_462519513892254_1824296126_n.jpg

love that marble!

Nice! When I made my choice last night it was between the other one and this one. I really love the marble and the size on this one and I would've received a drop down as well so it was a hard decision. The biggest reason I chose the other one is I don't like how high the stem sits in the can. If it was a little lower I likely would've went with this. I'm sure whoever gets it will be very happy.

xer0,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
And it's gone! ;)

I step away from FC for just a little bit and looks what happens! :doh:

:wave::rockon:

Edit: Looks like @Herr_Dampf 's case of GAS isn't as bad as imagined.

Double Edit:

The biggest reason I chose the other one is I don't like how high the stem sits in the can. If it was a little lower I likely would've went with this. I'm sure whoever gets it will be very happy.

It seems like the inline percs are often higher on the can. At least Cory's seem kind of high too, but it all seems to work functionally.

Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

I step away from FC for just a little bit and looks what happens! :doh:

:wave::rockon:

Edit: Looks like @Herr_Dampf 's case of GAS isn't as bad as imagined.

Yes I didn't order that one because I allready ordered another piece and plan on ordering yet another one. Everything is good. ;D
Also, those darn EFS incyclers...

EDIT: The worked Blaze recycler I own has a three slit, downward facing perc thats very close to the bottom of the can. It's my worst recycler and gets destroyed by a 25 dollar china recycler.
Corys recycler has a eight hole inline, facing upwards and this thing is just pure fun to hit. The one @xer0 orderd actually uses a similar perc, but only 2 or 3 hole as far as I can tell. It still is far away from the drain so it should just fire as good.
My :2c:

EDIT2: Shitty Bird-cam, but damn look at it go: http://instagram.com/p/ocJKifHc6D/
I actually think the perc works better on this one than on http://instagram.com/p/obpNGwHc9o/

Last edited:
Herr_Dampf,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
What, no! :D
I saw the instagram 26 minutes after he posted it and for a few moments I was tempted, but I rather wait for Cory to take the time and do a nice 18mm fem incycler for me ;)
As far as Rick, I asked him for a quote on some fumed lathe work but he hasn't got back to me yet.
Definitely better to wait :)

xer0

The bird has landed! :rockon:

It's a fantastic little piece. Very solidly built and balanced. The colors pop better than in Rick's pictures...it's stunning to look at. The whirlpool effect is there and it gets better with more water. The trade off there is more chug but that doesn't bother me at all. Actually reminds me a lot of my old combustion double bubbler in that regard. Ahhh...memories. :luv:

I'm a happy customer and will likely be doing business again with Rick...especially if I keep stalking his Instagram page. :cool:

sasNW

The bird has landed! :rockon:

It's a fantastic little piece. Very solidly built and balanced. The colors pop better than in Rick's pictures...it's stunning to look at. The whirlpool effect is there and it gets better with more water. The trade off there is more chug but that doesn't bother me at all. Actually reminds me a lot of my old combustion double bubbler in that regard. Ahhh...memories. :luv:

I'm a happy customer and will likely be doing business again with Rick...especially if I keep stalking his Instagram page. :cool:

It didn't happen if there are no pictures!:D (Jk of course)

slither

Vape Nerd in Training
I know there's no "best" but what would you say would be the smartest premium recycler for someone who is only going to vaporize out of it?

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I know there's no "best" but what would you say would be the smartest premium recycler for someone who is only going to vaporize out of it?
I can only say who I would suggest. Gordo Scientific, Smo, Cory Glass, and Rick Barry. If I had my choice of any of them it would be Gordo Scientific. That said, Cory Glass is running a special on 18mm female recyclers I think. At least he was running that deal.

clouded vision

Define premium and what will you be vaporizing? I guess what I'm getting at is what's your budget for it and is it for dabs or do you plan to use it for flowers with a vaporizer? I could suggest an EA or Hamm coriolis but those will both run you over $1k or close to it, is that too premium? Also hamm only makes 18mm male joints (at least anymore) and EA only makes 10 or 14 male joints so you will need an adapter for most vaporizers. OTOH you could easily custom order something from cory designs or gordo so you wouldn't need an adapter but I wouldn't consider those "premium". Don't get me wrong, based on reviews here they are both great artists with high quality glass but that's why a budget would help us determine what you consider premium.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Define premium and what will you be vaporizing? I guess what I'm getting at is what's your budget for it and is it for dabs or do you plan to use it for flowers with a vaporizer? I could suggest an EA or Hamm coriolis but those will both run you over $1k or close to it, is that too premium? Also hamm only makes 18mm male joints (at least anymore) and EA only makes 10 or 14 male joints so you will need an adapter for most vaporizers. OTOH you could easily custom order something from cory designs or gordo so you wouldn't need an adapter but I wouldn't consider those "premium". Don't get me wrong, based on reviews here they are both great artists with high quality glass but that's why a budget would help us determine what you consider premium.
Is the word premium being used only in terms of cost only and not functionality? Yes, Hamm's work is beautiful and functional, but in a different sense than a Gordo x Fogz collab. A clear Gordo may not cost nearly as much as a Hamm, but the functionality is on point with it. On the other hand, a Gordo collab with another artist may fetch well over $1K. Would the word premium be used for the more expensive collab with worked glass and not used for the clear if the functionality is the same? I've seen those worked Sovereignty Recyclers that don't offer any type of vortex priced very high. Yes, the glass is well made and the colors are pretty, but the fun part of the recycling action is not present. To me this is not premium, but to another it is.

It's all relative and within the eye of the beholder.

farscaper

Last edited:
Top Bottom