• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Thanks ! I just checked the settings for TCR-M1, I will adjust and see if it feels any different.

View attachment 3765

Thanks for your welcome bossman ! Those mods are quite cheap on this website. I tried to order the Wismec SINUOUS RAVAGE230 but was a bit hesitant since there was no PayPal option I think.
Still, I guess you guys already ordered there and could confirm it is a safe place.

What exactly would the improvement be when using that mod (once updated with the Red Panda FW) ?
Will it provide a better extraction ?
I’ve used Vapesource for several years now, never an issue as far as payment option safety for me. If an item is in stock at US warehouse, quick shipping and delivery. If it ships from their Chinese warehouse, it might take awhile. I ordered two mods on pre-order on 10-25 and they have not yet shipped, although they now show as being in-stock (but another part of the order was received already). I ordered one of the above posted sale mods when I saw the original post the other day, and it shipped from US warehouse today. Just an fyi for those like me spoiled by fast shipping and delivery. Always authentic items and I’ve never had an issue with anything I’ve ordered from them so far.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks ! I just checked the settings for TCR-M1, I will adjust and see if it feels any different.

View attachment 3765

Thanks for your welcome bossman ! Those mods are quite cheap on this website. I tried to order the Wismec SINUOUS RAVAGE230 but was a bit hesitant since there was no PayPal option I think.
Still, I guess you guys already ordered there and could confirm it is a safe place.

What exactly would the improvement be when using that mod (once updated with the Red Panda FW) ?

That M1 actually does not look anything like what I am used to, the improvements are you will have software that is a bit better for our needs... Aside from quality I just don't know if yours is as capable?

BubbleDrop

I’ve used Vapesource for several years now, never an issue as far as payment option safety for me.
Good to know, thanks !
That M1 actually does not look anything like what I am used to, the improvements are you will have software that is a bit better for our needs... Aside from quality I just don't know if yours is as capable?
I'll try again ordering the Wismec SINUOUS RAVAGE230, since it's quite cheap.
For the moment, I start at 25W and use a slow draw speed. As I add more power (until I reach 30W), I just use a faster draw speed. I do have to draw faster anyway, to avoid any kind of combustion.
So I understand the software could improve this behavior, and let you use any kind of draw speed maybe ?

Shit Snacks

Good to know, thanks !

I'll try again ordering the Wismec SINUOUS RAVAGE230, since it's quite cheap.
For the moment, I start at 25W and use a slow draw speed. As I add more power (until I reach 30W), I just use a faster draw speed. I do have to draw faster anyway, to avoid any kind of combustion.
So I understand the software could improve this behavior, and let you use any kind of draw speed maybe ?

Well, not necessarily, I find better performance with temp control when you are drawing fast too, you need to be drawing consistently with temp control to get consistent results? More or less... I find the bigger benefit is yeah you get to avoid that risk of any scorch, but it can be involved in setting up the proper temp control... I think I would say keep using your V2 as is in wattage on that mod, and yeah maybe order the ravage to use with your ZV2 in temp control per bossman's settings??

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

View attachment 3765

Yeah, I've used vapesourcing several times. Too bad about no PayPal but it's fine.

TC mode with the Splinter Z is its own thing: vaping on demand at a precise temp you control. Different firmware options exist for different mods. I've used all of the ones Splinter users trust across a range of mods and those two Red Panda mods are just my sweet spot. It's been rock solid for me from custom to Chinese Zs with a wide useful temp range and luxurious, even extraction. Trey temp stepping anywhere from 350 to 420° upping the temp a bit every hit or two.

The stack height with a Z is tall and awkward but the excellent reliable performance is worth it. Even wattage is better, more like what you'd experience from a DNA250C mod but without the fiddly operation and temp protect errors.

Last edited:

BubbleDrop

Well, not necessarily, I find better performance with temp control when you are drawing fast too, you need to be drawing consistently with temp control to get consistent results?
Yes, you're right. I haven't really used TC but when I did, I noticed that drawing a bit faster was totally fine.

TC mode with the Splinter Z is its own thing: vaping on demand at a precise temp you control. Different firmware options exist for different mods. I've used all of the ones Splinter users trust across a range of mods and those two Red Panda mods are just my sweet spot. It's been rock solid for me from custom to Chinese Zs with a wide useful temp range and luxurious, even extraction. Trey temp stepping anywhere from 350 to 420° upping the temp a bit every hit or two.
Thanks a lot for your advice, I found the Wismec online and ordered it today. As you and @Shit Snacks said, I will most probably use it with the Z.
Once I get it I will get back to you so you can confirm how to install the RedPanda firmware. :cheers:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yes, you're right. I haven't really used TC but when I did, I noticed that drawing a bit faster was totally fine.

Thanks a lot for your advice, I found the Wismec online and ordered it today. As you and @Shit Snacks said, I will most probably use it with the Z.
Once I get it I will get back to you so you can confirm how to install the RedPanda firmware. :cheers:
Word up. We'll just get my Red Panda profile hosted somewhere and you can import it making the config a one step process in the nfetools app.

My habit is to use the first three profiles for Z, Splinter, and wattage and then disable the other five slots.

Three big clouds from a cold start at 360°:
PXL_20201118_211830258~2.jpg

PXL_20201118_211040361~2.jpg

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
So my Ravage230 arrived yesterday (I immediately ordered a second one as I don’t have a lot of confidence in my second gen Eleaf Asters to properly run Artic Fox for my Impcognito). I loaded Red Panda today and set a profile using the recommendations from @bossman as a starting point. A couple of questions. In the quick start guide that came with the Custom Z there’s no info regarding an initial burn off. I read back through the old forum and saw recommendations back in 2018 for a burn off process using 70w and several cycles of firing and cooling down. I also read that the burn off process was going to be done now prior to shipping. I wasn’t confident enough to use 70w, but I did a couple of burn offs with 45w and got some significant odors. So obviously, like all of my devices, an initial burn off is needed. Is 70w still safe and recommended for initial burn off? Also, I have a few heat sinks laying around, are they recommended to use for the Custom Z? I won’t be taking the Z off the mod regularly, or at all with a second one coming, so wear and tear of the connector is not a concern. I appreciate any input, thanks all.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: bossman

badbee

So my Ravage230 arrived yesterday (I immediately ordered a second one as I don’t have a lot of confidence in my second gen Eleaf Asters to properly run Artic Fox for my Impcognito). I loaded Red Panda today and set a profile using the recommendations from @bossman as a starting point. A couple of questions. In the quick start guide that came with the Custom Z there’s no info regarding an initial burn off. I read back through the old forum and saw recommendations back in 2018 for a burn off process using 70w and several cycles of firing and cooling down. I also read that the burn off process was going to be done now prior to shipping. I wasn’t confident enough to use 70w, but I did a couple of burn offs with 45w and got some significant odors. So obviously, like all of my devices, an initial burn off is needed. Is 70w still safe and recommended for initial burn off? Also, I have a few heat sinks laying around, are they recommended to use for the Custom Z? I won’t be taking the Z off the mod regularly, or at all with a second one coming, so wear and tear of the connector is not a concern. I appreciate any input, thanks all.
The Z isn't supposed to be taken above 50 W according to RBT.

badbee,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@CanikUser19,

If you are rarely going to be removing the Splinter from the mod, then a heatsink is not nec.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
@CanikUser19,

If you are rarely going to be removing the Splinter from the mod, then a heatsink is not nec.
Thank you for the responses. I never got the nerve up to push it past 45w, ran 5 burn offs over the course of the evening. The smell started to dissipate by about the third burn, by the last burn off I’d say the majority of the odor smelled more like natural wood rather than something synthetic. I’ll sleep on it, maybe I won’t be a chickenshit and do a couple of burn offs per the instructions.

Shit Snacks

Oh damn so they are actually out of stock on the mod by itself, ravage from vapor sourcing... So much for my under $18 deal! I don't know why but at $27 it's not as enticing... Maybe because it comes with a stupid part I don't need? Also pretty bummed that of all the colors, the purple one I liked the most by far is sold out....

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thank you for the responses. I never got the nerve up to push it past 45w, ran 5 burn offs over the course of the evening. The smell started to dissipate by about the third burn, by the last burn off I’d say the majority of the odor smelled more like natural wood rather than something synthetic. I’ll sleep on it, maybe I won’t be a chickenshit and do a couple of burn offs per the instructions.
You needn't use the higher than recommended wattage to do a burn off. With all my Splinters and Zs I either blow into an empty stem while firing at 45 or 50W or blow through each of the small air intake holes on the side for six seconds or so after giving the fire button a short headstart. I do typically see and smell some gross residue burning off from blowing in the side holes on brand new ZV2s.

@Shit Snacks you can sell your bronze Wismec DNA like I did for twice the cost of a new Ravage order. The battery cover doesn't even close on that old battle ax.

I'll PayPal you the seven dollar difference so you can still afford that THIRD $300 vapbong you know you're buying this month! <- can you believe this guy?? Most helpful user on FC but don't try to help him get the best Z mod to date for $22 or he'll wait a month and then say he can't pull the trigger because it's not $18 and doesn't come in purple! No respect, I tell ya! :brow:

ab12

Silly question and I'm new here, just pulled the trigger on a v1 splinter. I'm looking at the best way to set this up with a DNA mod for my father who has Parkinson's and wants to do it on demand. He usually forgets to turn it off after having a few pulls. Is there any way to set it up so that pressing the the button heats and leaves it on a timer of 2 mins so that it automatically turns off?

Also shame on them being discontinued! How come they have stopped being made? Can we expect now that once they have gone they have gone, or is RBT working on new things?

ab12,

Shit Snacks

You needn't use the higher than recommended wattage to do a burn off. With all my Splinters and Zs I either blow into an empty stem while firing at 45 or 50W or blow through each of the small air intake holes on the side for six seconds or so after giving the fire button a short headstart. I do typically see and smell some gross residue burning off from blowing in the side holes on brand new ZV2s.

@Shit Snacks you can sell your bronze Wismec DNA like I did for twice the cost of a new Ravage order. The battery cover doesn't even close on that old battle ax.

I'll PayPal you the seven dollar difference so you can still afford that THIRD $300 vapbong you know you're buying this month! <- can you believe this guy?? Most helpful user on FC but don't try to help him get the best Z mod to date for $22 or he'll wait a month and then say he can't pull the trigger because it's not $18 and doesn't come in purple! No respect, I tell ya! :brow:

Haha well to be fair I did order it the first time at $18 they just sold me something out of stock! And now it is 27 or $28 but with a tank (no longer the color I like most either)

It's just tough for me to justify, I'm not even using a Z lately, and I'm still skeptical of course lol I was not looking to sell the bronze one, I like the look of that much more than the ravage, despite its size (also don't have such a problem with the battery door, really it's not noticeable for how little I use it)

If it helps though I let the vapbongs I like to sell out so don't worry I won't buy a third LOL but yeah not sure it's worth buying anything here... I emailed with the vapor sourcing guy to ask if they might still have a purple somewhere after all... Because if I have to choose another color I don't know what to do, they're just all so ugly lol

Anyway thank you for the kind words and as always your generosity (and pushiness!)

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Silly question and I'm new here, just pulled the trigger on a v1 splinter. I'm looking at the best way to set this up with a DNA mod for my father who has Parkinson's and wants to do it on demand. He usually forgets to turn it off after having a few pulls. Is there any way to set it up so that pressing the the button heats and leaves it on a timer of 2 mins so that it automatically turns off?

Also shame on them being discontinued! How come they have stopped being made? Can we expect now that once they have gone they have gone, or is RBT working on new things?

The short answer is no: the Splinter isn't a session vape that stays hot for several minutes or a plugged in log vape that stays hot all day. It has an on demand convection heater that's meant to be engaged right when you use it and then disengaged.

I prefer to use autofire which on the Red Panda mods I'm recommending these days means a double click. I have mine set to timeout at 25 seconds because I take big hits. You really wouldn't want to set that to 120 seconds I don't think. In any case, DNA mods were the new hotness for a while but sadly never had any sort of autofire capability. They do work well for driving a Splinter but the color model's weakness is perhaps a dealbreaker for your father: basic operation requires twice as much button pressing.

My suggestion is to get a $25 Wismec Ravage (or a Joyetech Espion: the only two mods that run Red Panda). You'll get more consistent results from either of those mods then whatever DNA you have and you can sell any DNA250C mod for four or five times the cost.

With the Ravage in particular you'll get autofire (which no DNA mod will do) and also a paddle fire button that takes up the whole side of the mod. Rather than holding down the button you'd squeeze the mod twice to get it going and then have as long as you set it to take your hits. I could extend one of mine for a longer timeout to see if it gets hot or kills the battery too quickly. I know Lamart vapes are supposed to handle long autofire well (they call it "cruise" in that firmware).

I could also be mistaking the requirements for someone with Parkinson's.

ab12

The short answer is no: the Splinter isn't a session vape that stays hot for several minutes or a plugged in log vape that stays hot all day. It has an on demand convection heater that's meant to be engaged right when you use it and then disengaged.

I prefer to use autofire which on the Red Panda mods I'm recommending these days means a double click. I have mine set to timeout at 25 seconds because I take big hits. You really wouldn't want to set that to 120 seconds I don't think. In any case, DNA mods were the new hotness for a while but sadly never had any sort of autofire capability. They do work well for driving a Splinter but the color model's weakness is perhaps a dealbreaker for your father: basic operation requires twice as much button pressing.

My suggestion is to get a $25 Wismec Ravage (or a Joyetech Espion: the only two mods that run Red Panda). You'll get more consistent results from either of those mods then whatever DNA you have and you can sell any DNA250C mod for four or five times the cost.

With the Ravage in particular you'll get autofire (which no DNA mod will do) and also a paddle fire button that takes up the whole side of the mod. Rather than holding down the button you'd squeeze the mod twice to get it going and then have as long as you set it to take your hits. I could extend one of mine for a longer timeout to see if it gets hot or kills the battery too quickly. I know Lamart vapes are supposed to handle long autofire well (they call it "cruise" in that firmware).

I could also be mistaking the requirements for someone with Parkinson's.

Not at all, this reply is damn awesome and definitely helps. I will look into both of those. I'd hate for you to test and damage your battery for me. But I definitely like the sound of the autofire....

Thank you!

ab12,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Not at all, this reply is damn awesome and definitely helps. I will look into both of those. I'd hate for you to test and damage your battery for me. But I definitely like the sound of the autofire....

Thank you!
My Splinter Zs are my favorite and most used vape. All Splinters perform differently with different mods, even the cells can make a difference.

I still have a V1 and several V2s as well though and they perform really well on the Ravage.

bossman,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

You wouldn't want your DNA mod to cruise, that may damage the Splinter. I have my Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C setup for wattage and temperature control and it works excellent in both modes. You can customize the max firing time when pressing the button. Temperature control can vary a little between Splinters but there are different heater profiles that help offset. I have the profiles Herbie made in my signature. I love my DNA 250C set up, it's very consistent but I wonder how easy it would be use with mobility issues? If possible see if you can play with a mod before hand.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: BubbleDrop

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You wouldn't want your DNA mod to cruise, that may damage the Splinter. I have my Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C setup for wattage and temperature control and it works excellent in both modes. You can customize the max firing time when pressing the button. Temperature control can vary a little between Splinters but there are different heater profiles that help offset. I have the profiles Herbie made in my signature. I love my DNA 250C set up, it's very consistent but I wonder how easy it would be use with mobility issues? If possible see if you can play with a mod before hand.
I certainly would have liked for any or all of my DNA250C mods to support autofire, not for heating them up for several minutes but just for taking a long draw while only double clicking to engage the heater and then clicking once to stop. This is the use case I thought might suit someone with Parkinson's and I like the idea even better with the Ravage because the fire button is the whole left side of the mod. It is a fairly fragile setup though with glass joints etc. so I'm not certain.

SquirrelMaster

I certainly would have liked for any or all of my DNA250C mods to support autofire, not for heating them up for several minutes but just for taking a long draw while only double clicking to engage the heater and then clicking once to stop. This is the use case I thought might suit someone with Parkinson's and I like the idea even better with the Ravage because the fire button is the whole left side of the mod. It is a fairly fragile setup though with glass joints etc. so I'm not certain.
That sounds like a much better button option, my Paranormal is "clicky" but more importantly the button isn't big which could be an issue. Yeah the glass setup might not be the best either I agree. An RBT desktop like Ryan has been talking about would surely work well but they're a little ways off.

ab12

So autofire is still a couple of clicks, double click on, draw, click off? Not just one click, draw, then auto off (based on the timer setting you have?

The mods you recommend are a little dearer here in the UK ( wismec ravage around $80 shipped) but I'm going to keep a lookout for a used one.

I think he'd be okay with the glass setup for now. (I'd have to make a suitable stand for the mod when he puts it down) but otherwise all fine. I think the main issue is the ease of pick it up draw set it down, with just one click. Else he'll forget to turn it off / keep going later thinking it's still on (he always forgets the 5 minute timers of other vapes we have tried in the past). The mod setup seems a whole heap simpler from a memory and use point of view. Some double basket makeshift pods and he can easily swap out when needed...

Is cruise the same as autofire mentioned above? I'm not too familiar with it. What is cruise mode?

From what I understand of the AF is that it keeps the watts/maintains temp if on TC on for (25 seconds or a set time) and then turns off?

BubbleDrop

Is cruise the same as autofire mentioned above? I'm not too familiar with it. What is cruise mode?

From what I understand of the AF is that it keeps the watts/maintains temp if on TC on for (25 seconds or a set time) and then turns off?
I have not used autofire with the mods, but I understand you start it with a pattern such as double click. It will then heat up and you would have to stop it, or it would just stop by itself after some time you could have configured.
This avoids to press continuously but the thing is you have to inhale the whole time, or you could more or less damage the Splinter (or whatever device you're using such as Dreamwood Glows).

Vaporizers that can be used in session (cruise) mode enable you to turn the device on, and once the correct temperature is reached, you can use the device without having to press anything. And they usually would turn off by themselves if you're not using them (Crafty+/Mighty, Arizers, ...).

Maybe this would be more easy to use ?

badbee

Maybe this would be more easy to use ?

@ab12, I love my Z but it is known to be a bit of a "fiddly" vape that requires some knowledge and procedure to work well. It is really easy to drop and break the stem. It doesn't seem ideal for a person with the physical and cognitive challenges of Parkinson's. A vape with a really simple interface makes more sense to me.

Top Bottom