Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Loaded up red panda, using bossman settings, and you are right I had to leave resistance unlocked to get it to work properly! For some reason it shows a very low resistance, but whatever since it is working well it seems... This version of red panda is the latest, but doesn't seem to have logo support, for a custom logo like I have on Arctic Fox with the RBT logo. I found one that might have it but I'm not sure if it will work as well otherwise?... Aside from leaving the resistance unlocked, it does seem the same as arctic fox to me honestly...

I don't know pretty simple, I do wish that it would be possible on the ravage to adjust screen brightness, would like it to be a little dimmer... otherwise you are right bossman the larger screen is nicer to see more data! I have last temperature, last power, last puff time, and battery voltage. I also have the puff timer set to dominant so it replaces the f in Fahrenheit below the temp when I'm holding the button or using autofire (set to 25 seconds)

2 click autofire, 3 click off/on, 4 click menu, 5 on/off. TCR 125, unlocked resistance, temperature dominant, 345 (doesn't matter bc you change it by 10s to wherever though I wish I could make it on 5s instead like tubo) 50 watts power, 50 watt power max as well (default was 230 lol in another section), puff time max 25 seconds... Not sure if I'm leaving anything out??

No one posted yet, and too late to edit...

PXL-20201206-212257129.jpg

@bossman I think I am actually getting pretty poor extraction? Took both of these bowls up to 450, even 380 underperforming, I don't mind a temperature differential but, I feel like I would get more good hits out of these even for me... Hmm could change TCR, or maybe mess with resistance?? I couldn't get temperature going with resistance locked to the supposedly accurate 0.41, with resistance unlocked it seems to go to 0.31 for some reason...

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
No one posted yet, and too late to edit...

PXL-20201206-212257129.jpg

@bossman I think I am actually getting pretty poor extraction? Took both of these bowls up to 450, even 380 underperforming, I don't mind a temperature differential but, I feel like I would get more good hits out of these even for me... Hmm could change TCR, or maybe mess with resistance?? I couldn't get temperature going with resistance locked to the supposedly accurate 0.41, with resistance unlocked it seems to go to 0.31 for some reason...
What is that pic supposed to be? That weed doesn't look vaped at all.

What cells are you using and how charged were they?

I think I actually have my Ravage at TCR 140. Also I agree five degree temp increments would be ideal. I have my set to 2° since ten is too big. I've been considering switching them all to Celsius (CIVILIZED) where 2° would be the new 5° and play into the Red Panda options

Shit Snacks

What is that pic supposed to be? That weed doesn't look vaped at all.

What cells are you using and how charged were they?

I think I actually have my Ravage at TCR 140. Also I agree five degree temp increments would be ideal. I have my set to 2° since ten is too big. I've been considering switching them all to Celsius (CIVILIZED) where 2° would be the new 5° and play into the Red Panda options

Oh 140 for a Z? that makes sense, 125 does sound more like what I was using for my V2 on Arctic Fox P80! I had searched through some of your posts here to find my settings, but perhaps still made a mistake, late at night mid vapbong haze! :lol:

Yes that is two bowls I did with this ZV1 in vergeaux stem TCR 125, that is what I'm saying, looks like poor extraction! However I did load that into the TM, got wispy vapor from it at best, I don't know overall kind of wasted but got wasted enough from it lol

My cells are relatively new Samsung 25R, they were charged plenty, it must be the TCR setting! I'll try it out and see, looks like RBT is going to have some ZV2 on Instagram soon, kind of tempted but we'll see how it goes with updated settings on my ZV1...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Oh 140 for a Z? that makes sense, 125 does sound more like what I was using for my V2 on Arctic Fox P80! I had searched through some of your posts here to find my settings, but perhaps still made a mistake, late at night mid vapbong haze! :lol:

Yes that is two bowls I did with this ZV1 in vergeaux stem TCR 125, that is what I'm saying, looks like poor extraction! However I did load that into the TM, got wispy vapor from it at best, I don't know overall kind of wasted but got wasted enough from it lol

My cells are relatively new Samsung 25R, they were charged plenty, it must be the TCR setting! I'll try it out and see, looks like RBT is going to have some ZV2 on Instagram soon, kind of tempted but we'll see how it goes with updated settings on my ZV1...
The ZV2 is a beast for sure but not much different from the ZV1.

Man I'd call that no extraction. As I've said I've never locked resistance on any Red Panda mod and performance is easily more even with less hot spotting than either Arctic Fox or any of the myevic variants. And beyond that the precision extraction is just unparalleled. Even when I had my old RX Gen3 Dual Splinters the most dialed in they weren't this even. And even when my DNA250C mods were set just right they weren't as fast to heat up a Z or as consistent bowl to bowl.

If you want to pm me your email address I'll send you the saved profile from my Red Panda mods. Can't hurt to try

Shit Snacks

The ZV2 is a beast for sure but not much different from the ZV1.

Man I'd call that no extraction. As I've said I've never locked resistance on any Red Panda mod and performance is easily more even with less hot spotting than either Arctic Fox or any of the myevic variants. And beyond that the precision extraction is just unparalleled. Even when I had my old RX Gen3 Dual Splinters the most dialed in they weren't this even. And even when my DNA250C mods were set just right they weren't as fast to heat up a Z or as consistent bowl to bowl.

If you want to pm me your email address I'll send you the saved profile from my Red Panda mods. Can't hurt to try

Yeah I tried with TCR 140 and not much difference, it's funny because the way I was using it before and on the G3D it was probably too hot and now it's not hot enough... I'm not sure though what your profile could have that mine doesn't already have, you say you didn't change much, you didn't mess with PID? I don't know Arctic Fox is working well with my V2 on the P80, but this ZV1 can't seem to get going proper... I don't know I got some little vapor I got effects, so it's some extraction but yeah consistency wise it's not really right at all, not considering the temps... Eh maybe it is this Z? Hmmm... But Ravage is nice!

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah I tried with TCR 140 and not much difference, it's funny because the way I was using it before and on the G3D it was probably too hot and now it's not hot enough... I'm not sure though what your profile could have that mine doesn't already have, you say you didn't change much, you didn't mess with PID? I don't know Arctic Fox is working well with my V2 on the P80, but this ZV1 can't seem to get going proper... I don't know I got some little vapor I got effects, so it's some extraction but yeah consistency wise it's not really right at all, not considering the temps... Eh maybe it is this Z? Hmmm... But Ravage is nice!
You also have a canary Z you can try yeah?

That ZV1 performance makes no sense to me but using a profile from a Ravage that works seems sensible

Shit Snacks

You also have a canary Z you can try yeah?

That ZV1 performance makes no sense to me but using a profile from a Ravage that works seems sensible

I don't want to try the canary, prefer to leave it where it has been on G3D. I also have the purpleheart on RX250 but don't want to move that either really... That's why I'm tempted by grabbing a ZV2 now lol and if your profile is not any different than mine, what would be the benefit is my question? I think it may just be this Z, they can vary afterall... Maybe there are settings that will work with it, maybe I'll try to play with it or use another Z, but I'm not so motivated honestly. Appreciate the help as always!

Easywider

Simple is the way
With resistance unlocked it seems to go to 0.31 for some reason...

Hmmmm....I wonder if this has something to do with it? Seems too low for a Z. If I made my resistance that low I don't think Id see clouds.
Snacks could you test cold resistance on the previous mod it was working on?

I'm also a DNA to Ravage convert. Same great even tunable roasting as DNA with a more responsive heat up. I also blame @bossman :wave:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't want to try the canary, prefer to leave it where it has been on G3D. I also have the purpleheart on RX250 but don't want to move that either really... That's why I'm tempted by grabbing a ZV2 now lol and if your profile is not any different than mine, what would be the benefit is my question? I think it may just be this Z, they can vary afterall... Maybe there are settings that will work with it, maybe I'll try to play with it or use another Z, but I'm not so motivated honestly. Appreciate the help as always!
The advantage of the Splinter is that it's modular so unlike a Tetra heater it only takes ten seconds to put it on a different mod. I'm not here for the "I have two other Zs I could try but I don't want to" and related foot dragging with the firmware and settings.

That unlocked resistance number is indeed too low but the six Red Panda mods I've set up so far have been easy successes and several folks have already hit me up for that config file with good results. Even if you started to cooperate at this point I'm more suspicious of your performance than the ZV1. Lead a horse to water etc.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hmmmm....I wonder if this has something to do with it? Seems too low for a Z. If I made my resistance that low I don't think Id see clouds.
Snacks could you test cold resistance on the previous mod it was working on?

I'm also a DNA to Ravage convert. Same great even tunable roasting as DNA with a more responsive heat up. I also blame @bossman :wave:

Yeah that was the thing, I first tried locking the cold resistance, 0.41 is what it said on the mod before I loaded it with red panda... When I tried using that value, it could not even get to temp, it would just get stuck at 70° for some reason... Once I unlocked the resistance I could get it to say it was getting to temp, but clearly by the extraction it is not actually at that temp... I could try a resistance value of 0.39 maybe, I think that seems to be cold resistance on the RX G3D with tubo, although that did not seem too accurate either honestly lol My DNA Splinter Z also doesn't feel like it extracts the best, but better than this! But I like this mod a lot more...

Something fucked up with the quote tags, I can't reply below this like normal it keeps putting it in the quote tags, so I have to apply above it:

Thanks! I'll try bumping up to 160 TCR value, see what that does, but seems to be some sort of resistance issue with mine I guess...?
I get really good results with tcr 160, 55w, lock resistance (for the z) somewhere .4 to .46 (varies per device/mod combo imo) and temp 340-370 (varies with the resistance). rest default settings
The advantage of the Splinter is that it's modular so unlike a Tetra heater it only takes ten seconds to put it on a different mod. I'm not here for the "I have two other Zs I could try but I don't want to" and related foot dragging with the firmware and settings.

That unlocked resistance number is indeed too low but the six Red Panda mods I've set up so far have been easy successes and several folks have already hit me up for that config file with good results. Even if you started to cooperate at this point I'm more suspicious of your performance than the ZV1. Lead a horse to water etc.

I don't know why you bring up a tetra heater, TetraX is a thing too, so that sounds silly to say at all lol

The other two splinter, are custom Z's, and I have no desire to use them on a different mod than the ones they are already on... So why would I take them off, just to test this mod? That seems unnecessary to me, I have other mods I can test this ZV1 with instead, and I was already having trouble with it trying to configure it on the G3D with tubo firmware... "I have two other Z's, of different type from different times, I could try them on the Ravage, but for what purpose?? Since I would rather leave them on the mods where they are, I prefer to keep them married and not keep swapping... I just do not see any value, if I'm trying to set up a ZV1 on the Ravage, why it would help to put one of these custom Z on it now"

"foot dragging with firmware and settings" - this stings a bit, because I specifically set it up with your settings from red panda the literal night I received it, I even was up late doing so without reason, other than it was the opposite of dragging my feet... LOL

I agree the unlocked resistance looks too low, but it's unlocked so it is reading whatever the resistance is, just like you set yours up, your profile is set up the same way, so it would result in the same exact thing with my ZV1...

You still fail to tell me what exactly is different in your profile, why installing it instead of copying the settings as I gave done, would make any sort of difference??

I set up a bunch of other settings in my own profile, that I would rather not lose and have to reset, so I would like to know what the differences are in your profile that I could have missed, that could solve this issue...

"Suspicious of my performance?"
Like my ability to set up the firmware and the settings on a mod, or my ability to use a splinter effectively? Either way, sort of feels like a fuck you, so thanks man! I know you're frustrated with me, but I've gotten pretty tired of your attitude as well now so whatever!

Shit Snacks,

jbm

I get really good results with tcr 160, 55w, lock resistance (for the z) somewhere .4 to .46 (varies per device/mod combo imo) and temp 340-370 (varies with the resistance). rest default settings
Yeah, this is what I use for my custom Z's (both now on Ravage mods, aka the "@bossman special"), except I keep wattage at 45. I do lock resistance, and I get great vapor.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
, if I'm trying to set up a ZV1 on the Ravage, why it would help to put one of these custom Z on it now"
To see if the settings you're using will work with a different Z and rule them out as the cause of your problem. This is what I'm saying about the foot dragging and I apologize for trying to be clever or snarky.

Seriously though: why are you refusing to use your custom Zs and see if your mod is at issue as opposed to there being a problem with your ZV1?

Similarly, why stick to your guns on your customized settings for a cheap new mod that isn't working as it should? I mean you are asking for suggestions and you only stand to gain in performance, understanding or both. As I said earlier, multiple other new Ravage owners have gone that route and reported success.

I like the TCR 160 option too, although I'd emphasize that the whole point of this hack is to bid farewell to resistance or TCR nudging. I've set up a half dozen Red Panda mods so far and none of them have needed the TCR or resistance tweaked to fine tune performance. Moreover I've always been able to put a different Splinter or Z on any configured Reda Panda mod and it just works.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

To see if the settings you're using will work with a different Z and rule them out as the cause of your problem. This is what I'm saying about the foot dragging and I apologize for trying to be clever or snarky.
Seriously though: why are you refusing to use your custom Zs and see if your mod is at issue as opposed to there being a problem with your ZV1?

All good my dude, I knew I was trying your patience! My argument was just, that did not seem necessary yet, like I wanted to rule out the settings before I began testing with other splinters because like I said I like to keep them married to their mods and felt like they were more different examples (old custom Z set up differently)... I also did not see a reason to think the mod itself was a problem yet, based on my experience with the many other mods I have, just need settings tweak.

Similarly, why stick to your guns on your customized settings for a cheap new mod that isn't working as it should? I mean you are asking for suggestions and you only stand to gain in performance, understanding or both. As I said earlier, multiple other new Ravage owners have gone that route and reported success.

Again, it wasn't as much about preserving those settings, as it was about not seeing any reason to try your profile... You said how little you changed and what you changed, so why would it have been different if I used your profile over my own?? I absolutely understand the logic of trying exactly what worked for you and others, but do you not see my logic of how there is nothing else that is different with the profile that actually makes any sort of difference, unless you adjusted other settings like PID...?

Also I was actually trying to ask more for understanding, troubleshooting, than suggestions per se? Like asking for the details of your red panda profile, explaining what mine seems to be doing, here publicly so everyone else can see (instead of just downloading your profile via PM) exactly what I am doing to set up what how etc...

I like the TCR 160 option too, although I'd emphasize that the whole point of this hack is to bid farewell to resistance or TCR nudging. I've set up a half dozen Red Panda mods so far and none of them have needed the TCR or resistance tweaked to fine tune performance. Moreover I've always been able to put a different Splinter or Z on any configured Reda Panda mod and it just works.

Based on my past experience setting up Splinters (and Imp) with Arctic Fox in particular (but also tubo tetra knowledge), it seemed like each individual vape required different specific settings as each handmade steel heater could vary slightly, which would change the resistance or whatever and alter the appropriate temp control settings... This is further why I did not want to start checking settings with other Z's yet, I felt like it was normal to have to nudge, trial and error testing to get the right settings for my own temp control usage needs. I did not think there was any true sort of hack that could avoid this extra hassle! How skeptical I was, you know :uhh::disgust:

HOWEVER, I am now thrilled to be wrong! TCR 160 was the ticket for the Splinter Z... My ZV1 (unlocked resistance does show 0.39 as I am using it so that checks out) seems to be working so fucking well after just one bowl, and the form factor is so nice too, that I'm tempted to use my custom Z's this way too... Must buy more ravage mods to replace the others as you always said!!! :cheers::spliff:

I hereby decree Bossman is the Splinter Ravage Emissary :nope::razz:

Last edited:

Kinick23

Just got ravage in the mail today, package says burnt orange and inside the box was Red :hmm: not a fan but like the mod. I got red panda hooked up alla @bossman and first bowl was great, clouds 360-375 vaped even, no stir. Can you auto-fire in red panda so it runs without holding the button?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just got ravage in the mail today, package says burnt orange and inside the box was Red :hmm: not a fan but like the mod. I got red panda hooked up alla @bossman and first bowl was great, clouds 360-375 vaped even, no stir. Can you auto-fire in red panda so it runs without holding the button?
Yeah, you can set the auto fire time in the nfetools app. I forget if it's somewhere in the mod menus.

@Shit Snacks that's what I'm talking about! Hallelujah and sorry again for busting your proverbial chop. My custom Zs love the Ravage and the Espion equally. We'll have to score you an iridescent purple Ravage for that purple heart next.
PXL_20201116_134301829.jpg

Shit Snacks

Oh sorry dude, I saw on the website they had burnt orange as an option, but when you click on it there is no thumbnail photo, when you look at all the other color options, there is no orange option. It is just red, blue, stainless, and gloss black... In the other category, where they have the purple, with black and gold, there is a gloss orange option (when I was comparing this option was a dollar more with the discount codes at the time)

You set up autofire by making it one of your click options, like two clicks is auto fire, then you adjust the time where you adjust your shut-off time. So there is only one place to adjust time out, so it is the same for if you're holding it or using auto fire.

@Shit Snacks that's what I'm talking about! Hallelujah and sorry again for busting your proverbial chop. My custom Zs love the Ravage and the Espion equally. We'll have to score you an iridescent purple Ravage for that purple heart next.

Haha this is what I was going for, I just wanted you to be able to have that reaction for me! I was hoping it was something simple like the TCR value to help me experience the wonder properly...

Yeah I definitely want the purple, they actually had it from China Warehouse and with Black Friday discount code it came to $32 shipped, but I decided to just wait to see if we get a nice price drop somewhere else instead...

Also I do actually like the gloss orange I think now that I see the gloss black in person... I think the purpleheart could look cool on that, and canarywood on the purple?? Bubinga on purple is a good look though, maybe I will still snag another Z too...

I actually really dig that stainless steel silver and blue of your espion!

PXL-20201208-073812943.jpg

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Shit Snacks yeah, orange could be a fair match for your bubinga ZV1 I think. That or a blue Espion like my custom bubinga.

The one thing I'd like to hack would be to get that useless extra button to flip the display for j-hook use. I can only flip the screen with nfetools and don't see any such setting in the mod menu. You're likely already aware but just fyi: the small button will toggle stealth mode if you long press it so if your screen starts to go dark at any button press that's likely what happened. The Espion puts the tiny button on the front where it's unlikely to get long-pressed by accident. Just a minor thing that's confused me and someone else at some point.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks yeah, orange could be a fair match for your bubinga ZV1 I think. That or a blue Espion like my custom bubinga.

The one thing I'd like to hack would be to get that useless extra button to flip the display for j-hook use. I can only flip the screen with nfetools and don't see any such setting in the mod menu. You're likely already aware but just fyi: the small button will toggle stealth mode if you long press it so if your screen starts to go dark at any button press that's likely what happened. The Espion puts the tiny button on the front where it's unlikely to get long-pressed by accident. Just a minor thing that's confused me and someone else at some point.

That would be a pretty cool use of that small button! I actually like the small button, that it can wake the device screen simply without activating any buttons like the power or temp controls... I also like its material and the way it presses on the ravage at least lol Set mine up to shut off after 30 minutes of no use, which I don't have on any of my other mods, so a lot of times I am picking it up and it is off surprisingly so I have to do my three taps to turn it on again... May adjust that! Even when I use mine upside down, I don't mind that the screen is upside down though

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

ab12

Does anyone know what size internal screen will fit inside the glass stem (against the ridge inside)

Thanks!

ab12,

glenCOCO

Does anyone know what size internal screen will fit inside the glass stem (against the ridge inside)

Thanks!
I use the sticky brick screens, I think they’re 5/8? Even better would be to use the concentrate pads if you’re having issues with the screen moving around. It takes up some real estate, but it doesn’t budge

glenCOCO,
Reactions: Summer

GoldenBud

Just tried the Splinter with TCR 145, for the first time, with my P80 mod. it is excellent. 0.005 below the resistance it was set on . ryan is like the Kurt Cobain of vaping zone, but guys, engineerings don't commit suicide! they just think of another way i guess?. I hope he'll be back, because Splinter (V2) with tubomyfirm TCR 145 (on a bubbler) hits like a Volcano :brow: :brow:

Top Bottom