Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Justpassedu

Hey all quick question the splinter V2 sale for $50 , are they coming with a stem ? & what is the suggested wattage ?

Justpassedu,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Well, the sale is over. But if you scored one, it comes with two short glass stems and a couple of basket screens. Lots of options for 3rd party glass cooling or custom wood stems.

In wattage I’m running between 30-32w.
which glass stems are available for the 19/19 system, right now, except xl8r or 508phineas? is there an EU store?

GoldenBud,

Justpassedu

Well, the sale is over. But if you scored one, it comes with two short glass stems and a couple of basket screens. Lots of options for 3rd party glass cooling or custom wood stems.

In wattage I’m running between 30-32w.
Yes I was able to get one , had one in the past and enjoyed messing around with it . Regret getting rid of it so happy I was able to get one . I only used wattage mode , no temp and did fine but forget what a good wattage is to use if you can help ?

GoldenBud

Yes I was able to get one , had one in the past and enjoyed messing around with it . Regret getting rid of it so happy I was able to get one . I only used wattage mode , no temp and did fine but forget what a good wattage is to use if you can help ?
depends which experience you want
30-32w for slow draw i assume
35-42w fast/very fast draw
it also depends how much preheating did you give

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

No, they do not, those are 19/22 and 19/26 size stems, 19/19 is a custom size that Lamart does not offer... Most of my Lamart stems do not even fit Splinter Z (which is 19/22) just one of my nubs...

which glass stems are available for the 19/19 system, right now, except xl8r or 508phineas? is there an EU store?

@Deg999_ Milliken WoodWorks, not sure if he can ship internationally... There is also Ed's wooden stems. No other glass stems

@Justpassedu if you skim the prior page in the thread here, we were just talking about wattage and temp control setting options :tup:

GoldenBud

No, they do not, those are 19/22 and 19/26 size stems, 19/19 is a custom size that Lamart does not offer... Most of my Lamart stems do not even fit Splinter Z (which is 19/22) just one of my nubs...

@Deg999_ Milliken WoodWorks, not sure if he can ship internationally... There is also Ed's wooden stems. No other glass stems

@Justpassedu if you skim the prior page in the thread here, we were just talking about wattage and temp control setting options :tup:
you're right, Lamart stems are 19/22 although in the past I am pretty sure he had atleast 1 collection of 19/19 which I can't find now
I've got the wooden stem from dreamwood, and also Lamart wooden stem, and I find both vapes (Mi/SV2) to be useful as upside-down as you like it too. so everything is 100% fine now for upside-down, but would like to use it with a cooling stem.....using a mini bubbler now and will probably get the JHook out soon

Talked to Deg999 and Vlad508 today, both great guys, but unfortunately if the prices are high and I don't get cough from my wooden stems, I will wait for somebody of my friends/family will be in USA because the shipping cost is almost insane

PS
the Nub wasn't 19/19? atleast one "batch" of the Nubs? I guess no stock but we'll see, anyway I am happy with my wooden stems

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

you're right, Lamart stems are 19/22 although in the past I am pretty sure he had atleast 1 collection of 19/19 which I can't find now

Nope, you're wrong, at least I am pretty sure haha, he's never made stems for RBT Vapes, never made anything for RBT... Glass has the variance though so some can fit, I have a 19/22 stem that somehow fits in my 19/19 Mi3 but I don't risk much of anything with my Splinter V2 after my first one cracked from using stems that I would use with my other RBT stuff... I would love to use my Lamart stems, but they would all have to be ground down in order to fit securely with proper ground glass on glass connection... Another big problem is the rimmed basket screens in all this!

I've got the wooden stem from dreamwood, and also Lamart wooden stem, and I find both vapes to be useful as upside-down as you like it too. so everything is 100% fine now for upside-down,

Yeah the Lamart wooden stem, that one has a shorter male joint so it can accommodate S&B capsules, could be shorter than 19/19 even... I go upside down mostly for keeping things clean ocd, but sometimes ergonomics depending on the piece lol

but would like to use it with a cooling stem.....using a mini bubbler now and will probably get the JHook out soon

Yeah this is what I rely on, I have some good WPA fortunately, male to male adapters that work from RBT and custom, I have a lot of glass pieces and hooks now, so yeah I would invest in that if possible although all in one cooling stem style is nice, rarely use like that anymore at home...

Talked to Deg999 and Vlad508 today, both great guys, but unfortunely if the prices are high and I don't get cough from my wooden stems, I will wait for somebody of my friends/family will be in USA because the shipping cost is almost insane

Haha yeah, it's the shipping that's the problem, if you can get someone visiting to bring them that is always the best, deg specifically has the cooling beads in the wood stem which is unique and no one does vigreux spikes like Phineas / Vlad so yeah they are pretty worth getting although you have to factor it all into the total price and wait time...

Shit Snacks

that's what I have, it's awesome
Just did a super fast bowl at 44W with the Splinter and this stem, clean huge hit

Those fit because of the o-ring, they're meant to be used as mouthpieces, for the glow when you fill its wooden bowl, cool that they work here! Because standard glow 18, uses 19/26 (remember 19 equals 18 for the first number, 18.8 to be exact) for the glass stems

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I only used wattage mode , no temp and did fine but forget what a good wattage is to use if you can help ?

I start at 20W and progress to 30W, with a typical pre-heat of about 10 seconds. I am a sipper and don't try for clouds, which I find hot and harsh, with poor flavour. That's a general comment, not specific to the Splinter.

There is no "one size fits all". The wattage you use is a personal thing because we all have different draw speeds and loading techniques. I never pack the load and use a medium finger crumble rather than a grinder. You should experiment and find what works best for you. That's part of the fun.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Talked to Deg999 and Vlad508 today, both great guys, but unfortunately if the prices are high
FWIW, it’s not actually that hard to sand down a standard 19/22 joint. Cerium oxide paste is widely available and you’re really only grinding about 3mm off the bottom— use the joint you have as a template. You can practice on cheap glass adapters from Amazon.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Ok this inspired me to try my Ed’s tNt blackwood stem from my solo, with a silicone hookah grommet to form the seal. Will report results.
Fyi, in case you don’t want to MacGyver one, Ed makes wood stems that fit the Splinter, they have 14mm taper to mate with glass. If I’m correctly understanding what you’re looking to do?

GoldenBud

FWIW, it’s not actually that hard to sand down a standard 19/22 joint. Cerium oxide paste is widely available and you’re really only grinding about 3mm off the bottom— use the joint you have as a template. You can practice on cheap glass adapters from Amazon.

thanks, will probably do that. the short DHGate cooling stem will be awesome for these 19/19 vapes.
@StringTheorista that will work, or find some O-ring! awesome idea

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cx714

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Fyi, in case you don’t want to MacGyver one, Ed makes wood stems that fit the Splinter, they have 14mm taper to mate with glass. If I’m correctly understanding what you’re looking to do?
I am probably going to get this to enjoy as a stem, but I do wish there was an 18mm Ed's wpa. Guess I might have some glass grinding in my future.

Grass Yes,

StringTheorista

Thanks! I‘m having one made in olive wood and glass by Alan, but I already have the Ed’s stem, filled with 6mm glass balls, so might as well give it a go while I wait. (I also filled one of the DDave titanium stems with a combination of 3mm and 6mm glass balls, topped with a dynavap “fat mouthpiece”. MacGyvering is half the fun!)

MurderByVape

Was it a mistake to purchase the (2 battery Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual kit for The Splinter Z?

I assumed this was Ryan's recommendation, "I like the Wismec P80 and the Gen 3 mods... and LG HG2 batteries."

I have had no real luck with this vaporizer/box mod since purchasing it a couple of years ago. I want to love it, but it has sadly been collecting dust. Is there a preferred box mod for the Splinter Z in 2021?

So please help me to dial it in? I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Or should I have just (or should I still) made a purchase of a Milaana3?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
We'll sort you out don't worry.

Have you put Arctic Fox on the rxg3d? That and some initial settings on one of the eight profile slots is all you need to get the Splinter Z humming in TC. For wattage it's even more straightforward: just start with something in the 35 to 45W range and pay attention to the vapor/heat building up so you get off the fire button at the right time without getting a hotspot.

You'll also want to splurge on a vigreaux cooling stem from @Vlad the Inhaler (508phineas on IG) unless you already have an XL8R stem: the included short stems aren't that useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom