Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

NimChimpsky

Check the cold resistance reading on the mod (i.e. the resistance when the splinter hasn't been fired for a while and is room temp, the resistance goes up when it's hot) and set it to that. Will prly be in the range Raz said tho I've got a couple V2s that read .27-.28 cold.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I use tcr 125 on splinters

Actually I can't remember now haha I think the Z is 160 though for mine? I should whip out my V2 again! I get it, hard to remember, and who wants to check the thread lol I posted so much detail of my process setting up the temp control and it was a waste of time, lost being buried in this thread! :rofl:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Spent a little time this evening watching college football and setting up my brother’s new toy (yeah, I’m grudgingly giving him a V2, reserving the right to regain custody if abuse or neglect is suspected). Paired it with a Wismec R80 that I’ve seen UnklMark using, and set it up with a couple of AF profiles (don’t see much discussion of this mod, bought 3 dirt cheap, nice form factor for a single battery mod pocket carry option for a V1/V2 set up, the USB-C connection on the one I’ve opened seems loose and poorly made, but a non-factor after initial AF install). Trying to keep everything as simple as possible for my brother, this will be his first mod and 510 vape. Starting him with only two profiles. I set a TC profile with default set to 340°, autofire with 25sec cut off. Also a power only profile with 25W default, disabled autofire. Capped the maximum wattage for the mod at 50W for any mode, and disabled USB battery charging. I tested it out for research purposes as I want it ready to go out the box for him, everything working as expected. I will include the basic instructions on how to navigate the mod with AF now installed, along with the instructions that are included with the V2. Am I missing anything, or any other suggestions with him being a first time user? I will eventually steer him to better stem options and other accessories if he decides to officially join the tribe. Promised myself I wouldn’t be the one to lead him down the VAS path I trod, but looks like I’ve already failed him.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
he’s got extra batteries and external charger? i’d also spring for some of those ‘bottle preforms’ for cleaning
I’m sending him a single battery external that Ryan included with a Mi2 order last year, I’ll have to test it first as I’ve never used it. And I’ll send him two of my newish VTC5a batteries. Don’t want to go overboard cause there’s a possibility he’ll prefer his G-Pen dry herb vape and I’ll have to rescue the V2. Thanks for the input! And what are these bottle preforms you speak of?

CanikUser19,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

FearAndLawyering

I’m sending him a single battery external that Ryan included with a Mi2 order last year, I’ll have to test it first as I’ve never used it. And I’ll send him two of my newish VTC5a batteries. Don’t want to go overboard cause there’s a possibility he’ll prefer his G-Pen dry herb vape and I’ll have to rescue the V2. Thanks for the input! And what are these bottle preforms you speak of?

they’re 2 liter bottles before they’re inflated. not all stems fit in them but it makes cleaning a million times easier and use way less iso. just cap and shake. making it less annoying to clean will get new people to use it

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
At least you can drink the Everclear after and consume some of the goodness I am just throwing down the drain. Not much of a drinker these days so for me it would just be collecting like my ABV.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
At least you can drink the Everclear after and consume some of the goodness I am just throwing down the drain. Not much of a drinker these days so for me it would just be collecting like my ABV.
Yeah keep thinking I want to do a tincture with the ABV+Everclear, but sounds better in theory than action. Trying to attach pics, hopefully link works as pics didn’t attach to earlier post, or maybe just not showing for me? V2 Sitting On R80
cC72VPS.jpeg

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
[...] and set it up with a couple of AF profiles (don’t see much discussion of this mod, bought 3 dirt cheap, nice form factor for a single battery mod pocket carry option for a V1/V2 set up, the USB-C connection on the one I’ve opened seems loose and poorly made, but a non-factor after initial AF install).

So you can actually install AF on this mod?! That's great! The mod seems (at least in the picture) to be paired extremely well "width-wise" with that of the Splinter. Anyone who has a R80 please give me/us your opinion of it, especially any comparisons to the P80 would be appreciated. I have the P80 & think the whole ergonomics of the device with the Splinter Z mounted feels so off kilter in my hand. I don't like it at all.

So how does having a R80 in one's arsenal compare to just having, say, 2 Ravages or a Ravage & a Gen3Dual?

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
So you can actually install AF on this mod?! That's great! The mod seems (at least in the picture) to be paired extremely well "width-wise" with that of the Splinter. Anyone who has a R80 please gives me/us your opinion of it, especially any comparisons to the P80 would be appreciated. I have the P80 & think the whole ergonomics of the device with the Splinter Z mounted feels so off kilter in my hand. I don't like it at all.

So how does having a R80 in one's arsenal compare to just having, say, 2 Ravages or a Ravage & a Gen3Dual?
Yep AF installs on this mod. It looks good with the V1/V2, but the Z overwhelms it. I’ve seen UnklMark use this mod extensively on IG, that is what brought it to my attention. Figured at the price point I was able to get them at ($9.97 per mod, plus the shipping of course), it was worth a try for backups and the rare occasion when I want to go mobile with a V2, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it if I were to damage one of these mods. I didn’t spend a lot of time vaping on it when testing it out tonight for my brother’s care package, but other than the faster drain with it being a single battery mod, I didn’t notice any performance or effects drop off between my V2 on the R80, and my V2 on my double battery Ravages, Espions, or my Gen3. I rarely reach for my V2, as I prefer my US Customs on a dual battery RP mod, but based on initial testing, I wouldn’t hesitate to pack the V2/R80 combo and some extra batteries if I need to go mobile (for me that usually means the back patio or riding mower, but that’s where I usually break shit).

CanikUser19,
Reactions: Summer

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
So you can actually install AF on this mod?! That's great! The mod seems (at least in the picture) to be paired extremely well "width-wise" with that of the Splinter. Anyone who has a R80 please give me/us your opinion of it, especially any comparisons to the P80 would be appreciated. I have the P80 & think the whole ergonomics of the device with the Splinter Z mounted feels so off kilter in my hand. I don't like it at all.

This is the link for the Artic Fox build that works for the R80 https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/public-beta-stm32-branch.4654/. Also, the R80 out the box comes set up for traditional e-juice vaping using a pod attached with a strong magnet system. You take that off, install the included 510 adapter (it also installs with strong magnets, does not fall out, to get it out you need to have your Splinter attached and remove as one, the magnets work that well). Hope this helps.

Top Bottom