Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Chandler, you are support to turn the mod, not the stem, upside down when inserting the stem into it so the herb won't fall into the heater. Make sure you lightly tamp down the top layer of herb when you fill the stem.

Yes I was going to say also try taking the first hit upside down, then the herb will be seated in the stem and will not fall out for the rest of the session @Chandler though yes it's a little awkward holding!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ya think! 😂 Ain't gonna happen SS!

Easier if you have a fainting couch :rofl:
the-studio-sophie-anderson.jpg

juanavape

3 weeks in.......

Fortunately a 180 twist works for me rather than quarter turns of the stem as I've attached extensions to the tubes and they have a slight natural curve to them and drawing from the side of the mod would feel awkward (at least with this chunky squarish mod - Voopoo Drag 157).

A few days later....... Nuked both of the above ideas, removed the extensions because I realized that yes it functions best given 1/4 turns.

Started with low temperatures (22 - 26 watts), as I experimented with raising the heat (all the way up gradually to 37 W) I found that with temps above the lower range it burnt the outer face of the material with the rest of the bowl remaining (too) green for my liking so I went back down to the lower range and am finding a better full roasted AVB but still too green overall. Usually get 4 or 8 tokes depending on the wattage (22 or 26).

I really didn't like the mod that came with the Splinter, no TCR mode. Upgraded to a Geek Vape Aegis X.

Mucked around with TCR mode this morning. A bit more tinkering and it should work fine......

Learning about mods and figuring out how to use the Splinter properly has been a fun challenge that I've been enjoying so far.

Finally tried TCR mode as a last attempt. Saved this device from being a write off. Lucked out with the numbers (.23 ohms, 185 C temp, 35 watts, 220 tcr). Nicely browned face, evenly toasted throughout, not a speck of green.

I must also confess that the strain of cannabis that I had for the first week or so of testing was unusually hard to roast well even in other devices so this may have contributed to my poor performance at first and longer learning curve.

All good now. This thing rocks !

Last edited:

EuroVapeSim2

Volvo FH Globetrotter XL
Turning a stem upside down on top of the heater, herbs will drop down there. Can't be helped. I have some debris down there I can't get out, but it doesn't have a noticeable effect. I brush it out periodically...
Check out a post I made on the first page of this thread, you can make a lid for the basket screen with another basket. It can be a tight fit with double rimmed baskets, I slightly pushed the screen inside my splinter z down a little to fit with the nub cooler from lamart.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Finally tried TCR mode as a last attempt. Saved this device from being a write off. Lucked out with the numbers (.23 ohms, 185 C temp, 35 watts, 220 tcr). Nicely browned face, evenly toasted throughout, not a speck of green.
There are often good deals for the Wismec RX Gen3 Dual which is a forum favorite for Splinter use due to its support for the various firmware options and its compatible, compact shape.

GreenYogi

Hi ya'll RBT crew and fans! Just posting a short hello here and sharing my pleasure to follow up this thread on the NewFC right after i just finished creating my profile.
I am the proud and blessed owner of two custom SplinterZ, and i am soo grateful to the Genuine Original Dreamer for making that happen.

Picture: SplinterZ - Bubinga in Whip mode.
with Asvape Gabriel 80W Mod.DSCN7404.JPG

vapviking

Old & In the Way
oh....no you have it wrong girl

...you have to turn the vape upside down.....no need to do a head stand to pull this off!

🤸‍♀️
It's a quirk I don't really entertain either. It's still a bit of a contortion; not for me, thanks.

vapviking,
Reactions: Summer

LabPong

It's a quirk I don't really entertain either. It's still a bit of a contortion; not for me, thanks.

For sure it can be...pending on your body position, ability, type of stem......etc. But basically, you could do this in a horizontal position with the vape too. You just need to draw for a few seconds so the hot air can melt the load together.....does not take long when there is heat hitting the load. You do not really need to hit it for the entire first draw totally upside down. Just get the heat going without the herb being able to move from its loaded position before you turn the vape so the herb is above the heater.

I used to do this with my argo and bubble stem....same theory and physical action.

LabPong,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For sure it can be...pending on your body position, ability, type of stem......etc. But basically, you could do this in a horizontal position with the vape too. You just need to draw for a few seconds so the hot air can melt the load together.....does not take long when there is heat hitting the load. You do not really need to hit it for the entire first draw totally upside down. Just get the heat going without the herb being able to move from its loaded position before you turn the vape so the herb is above the heater.

I used to do this with my argo and bubble stem....same theory and physical action.
Yeah, I understand the principles involved and I've done it at times.
Generally, my use of the device doesn't require it; very little herb falls into the device.

vapviking,

LabPong

Yeah, I understand the principles involved and I've done it at times.
Generally, my use of the device doesn't require it; very little herb falls into the device.

I wondered about that as I have never used it without a basket screen holding the load in a DDave cooling stem with water.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sinuous Ravage for $29 shipped from Wismec.us with code
DANIELTHEVAPEMAN

I've been impressed with the evenness and rapid heatup with my ZV2s on this mod running Red Panda (which is a delight). It's a bit taller than the rxg3d so not an ideal fit for a Z. The plastic battery door isn't as nice as the metal one on the rxg3d either and I could see opinions varying about the side panel button.

Also apologies to Stu and Pak if we're trying to steer away from direct links to gear like this. I get PMs asking about Splinter mods and firmware options so I'd rather share a deal here where more people can benefit.

androponic

vaped.
DANIELTHEVAPEMAN

I've been impressed with the evenness and rapid heatup with my ZV2s on this mod running Red Panda (which is a delight). It's a bit taller than the rxg3d so not an ideal fit for a Z. The plastic battery door isn't as nice as the metal one on the rxg3d either and I could see opinions varying about the side panel button.

Also apologies to Stu and Pak if we're trying to steer away from direct links to gear like this. I get PMs asking about Splinter mods and firmware options so I'd rather share a deal here where more people can benefit.
Thanks man!! grabbed a black one and a stainless one for myself. sweet deal!

androponic,
Reactions: bossman

vapviking

Old & In the Way
DANIELTHEVAPEMAN

Thanks, just ordered a blue one to upgrade a notch from the P80. My P80's usb plug is broken which makes things harder, so this will be nice, get me back into the Splinter V1.
I'll be back in a couple week or two for some red panda help! I've always been somewhat confused by the whole box mod thing, tbh.

jbm

So instead of beeswax, would there be any reason not to use boiled linseed oil wood finish on a Splinter?

Jbm,

Mowgli

Hey everybody, sorry to be this guy but .... If anybody is using the new tubo software with a splinter V1 could you post the settings you are using for me? I am pretty bad with technology and I had some difficulty.
Even if I just use wattage mode I still have to lock resistance correct? At .25 ?
Anything else?
I was trying temp control mode and it seemed real hot. Even set below 200. I guess that's not meant to be read as the temp at the basket? Or am I wrong?
Using the lamart firmware because I used a Mac computer to upload it.
My splinter is the Bubinga version before the dark wood V1s
Evic mini.

Mowgli,
Top Bottom