Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Please guys don't laugh but I just sucked out of the jar without the xl8r screen ...
You can imagine the immediate WTF ....:haw:
I know, when one is a jerk ...

Has this ever happened to you?
I hope so, otherwise from now on I will be remembered as "the one who sucked from the jar without the screen" ...

Things that happen...:D

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
Please guys don't laugh but I just sucked out of the jar without the xl8r screen ...

I hope so, otherwise from now on I will be remembered as "the one who sucked from the jar without the screen" ...

Happened to me before, it's even worse when the stem is full of reclaim 😅

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I don't think the initiation is complete until you've done this at least once!

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
@privent I just had a really good customer service experience with Ryan as well and a replacement Splinter Z. He's killin it!
I have to agree with you too. RBT/Ryan's customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced. Really cemented that I made the correct purchase and that I will be getting more RBT products in the future.

juanavape

First impressions.......

Got it (V1+) along with a Voopoo 157 and 2 fresh batteries. 3 hour charge time then put it together. Filled it with some crap (leaf) and did a bunch of cigar puffs to burn off the noticeable nasties. At 35W the end came out black, deeper in the bucket was green but hey it was bunk, not expected to burn properly. Tried again at 30...... same.

Filled with the kind, medium grind, medium pack (like I would a basket fill on the V-Tower), Started at 25, 5 second preheat, inhalations seemed a bit light so after 2 hits moved it up to 28, 2 full hits. Once again scorched on the surface but still quite green underneath.

Finally at 23W I'm getting about 6+ nice cool hits and the AVB is getting close to just right.

Is it normal for the heater to be strong(er) on one side than the other, if I don't do a 180 turn half way through the load one side remains green. No biggie now that I know. Added a few inches of hard clear tubing to the included short tubes. I was bit disappointed that my 19/22 equipment didn't work as the website said it was compatible where I bought it (PlanetVape.ca). I knew there was a good possibility that such was the case.

Give me a week or so to work on tuning this thing in and I'll drop back in and let people know how it works out.

Keep vaping.

Stay safe.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
First impressions.......

Got it (V1+) along with a Voopoo 157 and 2 fresh batteries. 3 hour charge time then put it together. Filled it with some crap (leaf) and did a bunch of cigar puffs to burn off the noticeable nasties. At 35W the end came out black, deeper in the bucket was green but hey it was bunk, not expected to burn properly. Tried again at 30...... same.

Filled with the kind, medium grind, medium pack (like I would a basket fill on the V-Tower), Started at 25, 5 second preheat, inhalations seemed a bit light so after 2 hits moved it up to 28, 2 full hits. Once again scorched on the surface but still quite green underneath.

Finally at 23W I'm getting about 6+ nice cool hits and the AVB is getting close to just right.

Is it normal for the heater to be strong(er) on one side than the other, if I don't do a 180 turn half way through the load one side remains green. No biggie now that I know. Added a few inches of hard clear tubing to the included short tubes. I was bit disappointed that my 19/22 equipment didn't work as the website said it was compatible where I bought it (PlanetVape.ca). I knew there was a good possibility that such was the case.

Give me a week or so to work on tuning this thing in and I'll drop back in and let people know how it works out.

Keep vaping.

Stay safe.

Welcome to newFC!

Nice, yeah so the Splinter V1 / V1+ / V2 glass is actually 19/19, not 19/22 (only the Splinter Z, along with some other older models, are 19/22) I'm sorry you were misinformed!

And yeah it is normal to rotate the stem, many of us have developed that technique from back in the early days. The more you use it you'll be able control other factors for even extraction, like your inhale style and how you pack. Different mods can affect performance as well, enjoy!

Trackrat

This piece of functional art is called, Apocalypse Z. The visionary artists, @Rastabuddhatao and @jigglebox are the creators. I think I have the perfect mod for it. Gives it that mad max feel. Thanks Ryan and Rick for the personalized drawing and post card plus extras. Oh, in case your wondering, works, great taste with just a hint of gunpowder. I love it. Peace 20200527_211056.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Nice, yeah so the Splinter V1 / V1+ / V2 glass is actually 19/19, not 19/22 (only the Splinter Z, along with some other older models, are 19/22) I'm sorry you were misinformed!
I hate to disagree, but my Zv2 is also 22mm deep. Fits my 19/22 adapters with no problem. A rimmed screen will make it too long, but with a rimless screen it works just fine. Mine could be an outlier and I have no way of knowing for sure, but I thought what was a known stat at the time i bought it and that contributed to my comfort doing so.
BTW it was my understanding that the ZV2 was the only China made RBT product that was 22mm deep.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I hate to disagree, but my Zv2 is also 22mm deep. Fits my 19/22 adapters with no problem. A rimmed screen will make it too long, but with a rimless screen it works just fine. Mine could be an outlier and I have no way of knowing for sure, but I thought what was a known stat at the time i bought it and that contributed to my comfort doing so.
BTW it was my understanding that the ZV2 was the only China made RBT product that was 22mm deep.

Sorry but you are actually not disagreeing with me, as I said only the V1 / V1+ / V2 are 19/19, Splinter Z (including ZV1 / ZV2) are all 19/22 ... ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ah. I thought I read that the only Chinese built Splinter or Z not 19mm was the ZV2, but I only have the ZV2 so nothing to compare.

CybrGuy,
Curious if and how everyone transports their piece? I had an old black molle I used to carry DV gear, now mostly RBT gear, cells, glass etc..
I used a cigar Caddy like in the pictures, can hold splinter z, filmbox with ground weed, a couple of stens, Xtra basket...but usually i Will just have mod with splinter in the Pockets, cannot be arsed to take the atty og the mod

Attachments

• jh-cchum02-b-a_1.jpg
    jh-cchum02-b-a_1.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 12
The Bowl Movement,
Reactions: Helios

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@biffobear
Did you have to carve those corks down to fit in your Splinter or is there a different shape then a bottle cork out there?
This chart might help.

19 mm = .748 (3/4) in., or (24/32' for easier chart reference.
I have read that standard "scientific" glass joints (that we all use for our glass stuff) follow the same taper as the bungs in wine barrels, which is a 10:1 ratio.

While I have not confirmed that wine bottle corks follow this standard wine bottle do not follow this standard, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, in general, tapered cork stoppers usually follow the same rule.

From the chart, my guess is the #6 or #7 cork would fit? (edited from #7 and #8)

But I'm quite confident that there is a cork available somewhere (or maybe a bag of a hundred!!!) that would fit like a glove.

Last edited:

RELAX

Most popular options include:

Wismec Reuleaux RXgen3Dual (G3D)

Wismec Sinuous P80 / Ravage

Wismec Reuleaux RX250 DNA

LostVape Paranormal / Triade / Drone DNA

Wheres the best place to buy wismec? Their site has really long shipping times. My googling results in a lot of shady looking sites and out of stock notifications from legit looking sites.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Wheres the best place to buy wismec? Their site has really long shipping times. My googling results in a lot of shady looking sites and out of stock notifications from legit looking sites.
If you're down to try the gloss gold colorway Sourcemore has it for $29 before shipping from a US warehouse with code Gen3D. I've ordered from them twice before and had no issues. Apologies to Stu and Pakolo if this sort of post is undesirable. He did ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom