• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

@MorePlenty

Too dumb to use a code correctly, but I'm glad I got an order in. Huge plumbing disaster just in time to interrupt my shopping buzz. Plumber can't come for two days, so now the plumber hunt begins...
I'm happy to be here. Happy there is a here to be at. It's a joy to be able to replace concern over FC disappearing with engagement at the New FC.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Too dumb to use a code correctly, but I'm glad I got an order in. Huge plumbing disaster just in time to interrupt my shopping buzz. Plumber can't come for two days, so now the plumber hunt begins...
I'm happy to be here. Happy there is a here to be at. It's a joy to be able to replace concern over FC disappearing with engagement at the New FC.
With nine Splinters in the house I'm maybe second only to Ryan himself as far as having no justification for that cool V1 deal.

Is this LesPlenty with a new avatar for the newFC? Do you not have a Splinter yet or is this a backup?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Been enjoying using Dovpo monoSQ dna mod. With da Z.. Haven't fucked around with media fire 🔥 tcr settings yet.. Watts seem to b fine 4 now. Blueberry OG this eve. Does the trick.
Glad to hear it. Those Dovpo DNAs all look like nicer designs than the heavy Paranormal two cell. @Shit Snacks likes his too.

I recommend TC but there's no hurry. Frank's Theme is also an improvement and makes the home screen more useful. Still wish I could adjust temps with a single press like my budget mods.

MSMPT69

Glad to hear it. Those Dovpo DNAs all look like nicer designs than the heavy Paranormal two cell. @Shit Snacks likes his too.

I recommend TC but there's no hurry. Frank's Theme is also an improvement and makes the home screen more useful. Still wish I could adjust temps with a single press like my budget mods.
So why would you recommend TC. I have only used watts with my splinter Z and haven't really been brave enough to go TC. I have a wismec RXG3D with Arctic Fox on so ready to go but haven't really felt the need.

LabPong

Splinter_Z_poolside.jpg

When I saw that pic......it made me interested in the RBT splinters for the first time......beautiful wood grain, a cool bubbler MP, and the setting......just made me want to sink into that scene and enjoy it all! ..... nice one Choo!

I finally have a US Z now and dig it..... 🤸‍♂️

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So why would you recommend TC. I have only used watts with my splinter Z and haven't really been brave enough to go TC. I have a wismec RXG3D with Arctic Fox on so ready to go but haven't really felt the need.
Having the choice between wattage and TC is one of my favorite things about the Splinter. The short answer is flavor: in TC you can temp step more effectively and get surprisingly dense clouds without the more rapid extraction of wattage hits of comparable length.

I have several Splinters that'll just pump out vapor at 360° without any concern about scorching. It's rewarding to take one or two easy, big, relatively cool hits and then check and see the abv is hardly even brown. So less concern or risk of uneven roasting is another advantage.

Finally, I enjoy the effects of pacing myself with lower temps in TC and saving higher temp extraction for later in the bowl or later in the day.

privent

I've been lurking on FC for about 4 years, and pretty active on the r/vaporents subreddit but with the new forum up and running, I feel like this is a great time to start belonging to this community. The fresh start makes everything feel a bit more accessible. I'm excited to grow with the new forum.

I just really want to share my story with my Splinter.

I purchased a Splinter Z v2 back in August. It was a really difficult time in my life; my job was uncertain, my wife and I suffered a miscarriage, and then I lost another family member all rather quickly. In that time I started to learn my Splinter but the glass broke and I just kinda forgot about it. I did put in for a warranty claim but I just never shipped it out due to how crazy my life was at the time. Fast forward to about a month ago, I reach out to Ryan, share my story, and he shipped me a new Splinter, no questions asked. Ryan, I want to thank you for all of your supportive e-mails and getting my new Splinter.

I've had my new Splinter for about a week. I've been exploring wattage mode and probably ready to jump into TCR settings. I've been having such an incredible experience with the Splinter, I feel like its unlike any other vape I've had before. Now I'm considering getting a Milaana! VAS is real, hah.

Thank you to everyone who has imparted their knowledge on these devices over the years. I hope there's a way to back up the old thread as there is so much great content there.

MSMPT69

Having the choice between wattage and TC is one of my favorite things about the Splinter. The short answer is flavor: in TC you can temp step more effectively and get surprisingly dense clouds without the more rapid extraction of wattage hits of comparable length.

I have several Splinters that'll just pump out vapor at 360° without any concern about scorching. It's rewarding to take one or two easy, big, relatively cool hits and then check and see the abv is hardly even brown. So less concern or risk of uneven roasting is another advantage.

Finally, I enjoy the effects of pacing myself with lower temps in TC and saving higher temp extraction for later in the bowl or later in the day.
So I’m guessing that in wattage mode the temp just keeps going up as long as you’re firing whereas in TC mode you have full control over the temp you reach and the mod then maintains that temp. I will read up again and have a bit of a play with it.

So I’m guessing that in wattage mode the temp just keeps going up as long as you’re firing whereas in TC mode you have full control over the temp you reach and the mod then maintains that temp. I will read up again and have a bit of a play with it.
Yeah, in VW (variable wattage) mode, you will experience the vape becoming hotter and hotter, where as tc will get you to your preferred extraction temperature and keep it there. Been using both methods and I find tc being easier on the batteries, as it hardly use any power to keep the temperature.

@MorePlenty

Nope, not Les. I'm More, and a grrrl.
So I need a mod?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Already sold out in 30 min.!

Welcome, MP. So glad to have another gal on board! :cheers:

So I need a mod?

At the bottom of the 1st post in this thread, Ryan links back to the OG FC thread. In both the Splinter V & Z threads on OG FC, there will be tons of posts discussing & recommending mods.

Once you get a handle on (feel for) the narrow selection of mods being used by the members, come back here with any questions you may have & we can get you honed in.

Do a search for posts by cybrguy, bossman, Shit Snacks, &, dare I say, yours truly :p , then read the posts above & below our posts because we are usually engaged in a mod discussion.

Choices

Praise-Up the good old USA

half a dozen Splintered Splinters (slightly cracked wood) on sale now for $4.20 via the hidden link below. Thanks NFC!

I have never used an RBT product but I will be soon! I guess I have some reading to do. I don’t suppose this will play nice with a Vaporesso Target Mini 2 or Swag will it? That’s all I have mod wise at the moment...

SquirrelMaster

Was having fun with some profiles and themes,
@SquirrelMaster (pickle Rick is awesome) @bossman..(Frank's)
Had to tweak a few things, slightly too lit last night. :rofl:View attachment 698
That one is a work in progress but thank you. I had another graphic for when you were firing but it was to large of a file. The theme designer is pretty straight forward just time consuming to make something.

My favorites so far have been the other Rick and Morty, VapBoy and Doom themes. There's a Mario theme that was ok as well but I changed it to work better for the Z I just don't remember what I did. I'll try to dig it out and load it on my signature link.

Top Bottom