Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah the V2 can extract well below 35W, especially after it's had a hit or two to warm up.

Mods and cells can make a difference too so if you want to try TC down the road get something like this where the firmware and settings have already been figured out..

canadianvapelife

Yeah the V2 can extract well below 35W, especially after it's had a hit or two to warm up.

Mods and cells can make a difference too so if you want to try TC down the road get something like this where the firmware and settings have already been figured out..

I actually have the triple battery version of this coming in the mail. I also just got the geekvape aegis x and have the voopoo drag 2

simulacrum

Hi,
I’ve got the splinter Z V1 but it’s nearly the same technique I guess, I lightly tamp my load, run my mod at 35-40w , I preheat for 3 to 5 secs and then I pull slowly during 3 secs and then rip it as hard as I can until my lungs are full , that technique leads to massive clouds and no combustion 😉 , try it and let me know.
Pretty much this, except I hit it at 30W, and hit it pretty hard rather than as hard as I can. It took some time to get the technique down. Once you do you can definitely fully extract a load in several hits.

Does anyone know any current US sellers with 14mm WPAs for the V2?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does anyone know any current US sellers with 14mm WPAs for the V2?
I knew I'd seen these someplace.
Not US, but nearby US.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks like RBT found someone to take over the existing inventory to bring back Milaana (perhaps splinter too) for retail sales:

Screenshot-20210516-133454.png

If you cannot make the live show, I'm told it will be recorded and posted on IG after too!

Shit Snacks

Here is a link to the recorded show:

RBT getting back to roots with Lee taking over sales and distribution of the remaining Milaana3 (less than 50 supposedly) and SplinterV2 (around 20 supposedly, but 100 more coming) then Milaana2 (being assembled, awaiting mouthpieces too) via the @rbt.md instagram and email as well...

Pretty nice, fun, chill video, worth watching if you have time during a sesh, but above are the business-related highlights! :tup:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks
Thank you so much for this!!

Do they say when the devices will be available and if they will ship outside of US?
(Asking because I don't have an IG account...)

I believe Milaana3 are tested and going to be up for sale this Wednesday, with shipments going out every Wednesday, I'm not sure if those Splinter will be available yet then, but it's possible... Unfortunately I do not know about international shipping, in the past of course that hasn't been a realistic option, but I suppose you can try shooting them an email? I'll try to update here if / when I see more on Instagram about that!

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
@Shit Snacks
Again, thank you very much!
Yes, I'll try to shoot Ryan an email. I already contacted him last year for the very same issue. He was very kind and fast to answer but he wasn't able/willing to ship anything abroad (I'm in UE and was/am looking for a Milaana 3 or Milaana 2).

Franco,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks
Again, thank you very much!
Yes, I'll try to shoot Ryan an email. I already contacted him last year for the very same issue. He was very kind and fast to answer but he wasn't able/willing to ship anything abroad (I'm in UE and was/am looking for a Milaana 3 or Milaana 2).

Yeah I don't know if Lee will be able to ship outside of US, though I'm sure that will be mentioned in the sales post on Wednesday!

Stonedbadger

Its a shame about the shipping issue, I've never had any problems with shipping to Australia. It just takes time.

Stonedbadger,
Reactions: Duffer

Shit Snacks

Yeah I think it's just the extra hassle, but aren't there mail forwarding services for international folks to specify their address to then send on to them wherever?? I suppose that could be expensive, but so would the shipping be anyway...

Screenshot-20210519-141437.png

Anyway the new RBT is live now as of a few minutes ago! Posted on Instagram above, Milaana3 available as well (and I think more splinter are incoming!) I asked about international shipping to be clear and will update when I hear! Lee has an account here pending approval btw

Edit: Yeah sorry looks like still US shipping only! Seems Futo is selling (Milaana3 at least for now I think? No idea what he has exactly) for folks in Canada at least! I suggest any international buyers look into a mail forwarding service if possible, may be the best option, at cost...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Ryan did a little video unpacking a gift from kushcoffee on IG today (not vape related) but he did discuss some plans:

The last of the Splinter V2 are arriving soon and will be quality control checked before going up for sale, I do not think any Z are coming, but we'll just have to see!

I think there's only like 25 Milaana2 coming give or take, potentially 50, but I think those were the ZionM numbers (not 100% sure because I do think ZM was supposed to be 50 but may actually be less...) that he will be assembling with Lee, I think the female glass they need is arriving soon, but the glass stems are a further ways out to deliver...

I think more SplinterV2 are arriving with the female glass, so should be soon, but I'm not 100% sure they may be coming with the glass stems that are further out...

He did mention a few other things, like the potential for a ZionM2, the desktop details, CDD (customer driven designs on Instagram) products like the 510 heater, concentrate device, and that chamber for the heater with the cooling pucks... He also explained how the company that produced the products in China has folded, so that is why this is the last of these products (SplinterV and Milaana3), and so future of RBT evolving! He also gave a bit more background on Lee, a real good dude :cool:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, I use my custom Canary on a DNA75C weekly at least. I still like it very much and find it competes well with the TM.
VT75-D-w-canary.jpg
I forget: have you been talked into a Firewood7 yet?

Hate to say it because I still value my VT75D for its scarcity and size if nothing else, but you gotta get your Z on a red panda mod too if they're ever on sale again. Auto-fire and the reduced button pushing are welcome and consistency is improved with no resistance concerns ever.

Two years of american heritage, baby
PXL_20210521_194833485~2.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hate to say it because I still value my VT75D for its scarcity and size if nothing else, but you gotta get your Z on a red panda mod too if they're ever on sale again.
Naaa, I don't really. :shrug: I have 3 mods for the Splinter vapes I have and that is enough for the amount of attention they get. I have NOT yet been talked into a Firewood7, but I was talked into a second TM. And the Rogue is pulling at me a little. But for now I think my $$ is going toward something to fill them. I am near term good on new vapes I think.
(If anyone sees me talking in some thread about the new vape I have been talked into, blame folks like my brother @bossman. I accept no responsibility)

leerbtmd

Company Rep
Greetings, FC folks,

I am new to the FC space, so please allow me to introduce myself...:)

My name is Lee and Ryan from RBT and I have known each other since High School and shared the same best friend for over thirty years. Our buddy Bruce was the bass player in my high school band (I played lead guitar) and Ryan and Bruce ran track and cross country together. We have gone camping together, gone skiing together, gone to concerts together and generally hung out with each other all through high school and college. We have been lifelong friends, music fans and cannabis enthusiasts
As you may have read in Ryan’s posts, our dear friend Bruce died from complications of pneumonia back in 2018, leaving us both devastated. Bruce was a CrossFit junkie, and exercised all the time, but was working overtime at his pizza restaurant to get out of a hole that a shady partner had put him in. He started feeling run down and basically by the time he went to the doctor it was too late, he was diagnosed with pneumonia, had to be intubated, he had nasty blood clots that caused his organs to fail and he died in a coma about two weeks later. Not at all the way we pictured life ending for our dear, dear friend and like I said, devastating and life changing for both of us. But on the positive side, every cloud has a silver lining, every storm has a rainbow, blah, blah, blah... Many of us who shared in Bruce’s friendship have connected since then to grieve and heal and help each other through the big loss we all feel in our lives. Friends whom I haven’t spoken with in years and who hold wildly different political views than my own now text me regularly and check in. I tell you it’s just one big love-fest (as long I just stay off their Facebook pages, lol).
It is that shared experience of grief and loss and healing that brings Ryan and I together now. I have been living in SoCal for about twenty years now. Bruce visited me out here more than any other friend, and he and I drove together across the county from NY several times as I got settled over the years. I had always hoped he would join me out here one day.
I had no idea how much Bruce’s stories of our travels inspired Ryan, but recently Bruce’s younger brother, whom I keep in touch with, got a hold of me to let me know that Ryan was out here and was asking for my number. Was it OK to give it to him? Of course, I said “any friend of Bruce’s is a friend of mine” (I thought it was pretty cute that he asked, too). And I knew about Ryan and his products from my last visit home to NY, when I visited the RBT workshop.
Long story longer, Ryan and I hooked up at a campground by the beach just a short bike ride from my house on a recent Friday afternoon and stayed up until early Saturday morning telling stories, sharing memories and keeping the healing going by keeping our friend’s memory alive. And over the past ten days, we’ve caught up on each other’s lives, he’s gotten to know my family and I’ve gotten to learn more about RBT and his situation. And as they say (cliche alert) “a friend in need is a friend indeed”: the more we got talking, the more Ryan laid out his problems and the more advice I started to give, well pretty soon it dawned on us that I might be able to help him get things up and running for RBT again, with a new outlook, attitude and home base here on the West Coast.
So that brings us up to the new and the now. Last night Ryan and I spent a few hours doing quality control on about twenty brand new Splinter v2s. We checked the glass for cracks (found 3) as well as the wood (found 1) and then we ran about 6 volts of current through each (half again as high as your average 4.2 v battery will fire) to test the resistance and burn off any excess oil from manufacturing. Then we jammed a 19/19 stem mouthpiece into each cylinder and jiggled it around to make sure everything was seated properly. I’m happy to report that all but the four cracked ones passed the test. But hey, if Ryan and I hadn’t taken the time, those products could have shipped and we would have had some real pissed off customers. And life, as we have learned, is too short for that...
So moving forward, I’m going to do my best to take some of the stress off Ryan and help him with some of the day-to-day tasks that genius-engineer types find so disdainful, (like in Office Space: “I talk to the customer!!”) so he can pursue his California dream of visiting every skatepark in the state while designing new and improved products for the benefit of all mankind, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. I’ll be handling customer service and will do my best to answer your questions, solve your problems and steer you in the right direction if you can’t make up your mind. I work full time and do have a life and a wife and some kids and also am a surfer and a beach bum, and if the waves are flat I go mountain biking, but I will commit to getting your shit shipped out on time, and on the regular (which will be once a week, Mondays or Fridays, haven’t decided yet. Wednesdays might be better actually). I’ll stay in touch with info about sales, contests, upcoming events and all that shit that my kids are going to have to teach me to do on the instagrams (don’t hold your breath for a TikTok channel).
As far as my preferences and habits when it comes to cannabis, full disclosure, I primarily smoked pipes and joints up until now, but recently switched to those dandy vape pens full of concentrate once my kids started noticing how those people puffing at the beach smell just like Dad when he’s in the garage. They have worked out great so far for keeping it on the down low. I did have one of those old school vapes, with the box and the dial and the big long surgical tube, but it is hiding from me in a closet somewhere now, probably due to jealousy over the pen.
But, not long ago, a good friend of mine who is a medical patient kicked me down an ounce of Fruity Pebbles and another of Gorilla Glue that he grew himself. And DAMN do they taste great in the Splinter! Way better than the pipe. Like the difference between Meister Brau and Stone IPA different. Oh, the flavors! Oh, the terpenes! I don’t grow, but if I did, I would definitely be vaping my crop. It brings out the characteristics of your bud the way those Riedel glasses bring out the tannins in wine. I am definitely developing an appreciation for the niche these products occupy.
So that’s me, that’s what ‘s going on with Ryan and RBT. I look forward to becoming part of the FC community. I‘ve already spent some time lurking and looking at some of the threads Ryan shared with me, and really dig the passion (and compassion) in some of these discussions. I’ll do my best to adhere to those standards, keep things cool, calm and collected and help the community thrive and grow.

Take it easy,
Lee

Choices

Greetings, FC folks,

My name is Lee and Ryan from RBT and I have known each other since High School and shared the same best friend for over thirty years. Our buddy Bruce was the bass player in my high school band (I played lead guitar) and Ryan and Bruce ran track and cross country together. We have gone camping together, gone skiing together, gone to concerts together and generally hung out with each other all through high school and college. We have been lifelong friends, music fans and cannabis enthusiasts
As you may have read in Ryan’s posts, our dear friend Bruce died from complications of pneumonia back in 2018, leaving us both devastated. Bruce was a CrossFit junkie, and exercised all the time, but was working overtime at his pizza restaurant to get out of a hole that a shady partner had put him in. He started feeling run down and basically by the time he went to the doctor it was too late, he was diagnosed with pneumonia, had to be intubated, he had nasty blood clots that caused his organs to fail and he died in a coma about two weeks later. Not at all the way we pictured life ending for our dear, dear friend and like I said, devastating and life changing for both of us. But on the positive side, every cloud has a silver lining, every storm has a rainbow, blah, blah, blah... Many of us who shared in Bruce’s friendship have connected since then to grieve and heal and help each other through the big loss we all feel in our lives. Friends whom I haven’t spoken with in years and who hold wildly different political views than my own now text me regularly and check in. I tell you it’s just one big love-fest (as long I just stay off their Facebook pages, lol).
It is that shared experience of grief and loss and healing that brings Ryan and I together now. I have been living in SoCal for about twenty years now. Bruce visited me out here more than any other friend, and he and I drove together across the county from NY several times as I got settled over the years. I had always hoped he would join me out here one day.
I had no idea how much Bruce’s stories of our travels inspired Ryan, but recently Bruce’s younger brother, whom I keep in touch with, got a hold of me to let me know that Ryan was out here and was asking for my number. Was it OK to give it to him? Of course, I said “any friend of Bruce’s is a friend of mine” (I thought it was pretty cute that he asked, too). And I knew about Ryan and his products from my last visit home to NY, when I visited the RBT workshop.
Long story longer, Ryan and I hooked up at a campground by the beach just a short bike ride from my house on a recent Friday afternoon and stayed up until early Saturday morning telling stories, sharing memories and keeping the healing going by keeping our friend’s memory alive. And over the past ten days, we’ve caught up on each other’s lives, he’s gotten to know my family and I’ve gotten to learn more about RBT and his situation. And as they say (cliche alert) “a friend in need is a friend indeed”: the more we got talking, the more Ryan laid out his problems and the more advice I started to give, well pretty soon it dawned on us that I might be able to help him get things up and running for RBT again, with a new outlook, attitude and home base here on the West Coast.
So that brings us up to the new and the now. Last night Ryan and I spent a few hours doing quality control on about twenty brand new Splinter v2s. We checked the glass for cracks (found 3) as well as the wood (found 1) and then we ran about 6 volts of current through each (half again as high as your average 4.2 v battery will fire) to test the resistance and burn off any excess oil from manufacturing. Then we jammed a 19/19 stem mouthpiece into each cylinder and jiggled it around to make sure everything was seated properly. I’m happy to report that all but the four cracked ones passed the test. But hey, if Ryan and I hadn’t taken the time, those products could have shipped and we would have had some real pissed off customers. And life, as we have learned, is too short for that...
So moving forward, I’m going to do my best to take some of the stress off Ryan and help him with some of the day-to-day tasks that genius-engineer types find so disdainful, (like in Office Space: “I talk to the customer!!”) so he can pursue his California dream of visiting every skatepark in the state while designing new and improved products for the benefit of all mankind, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. I’ll be handling customer service and will do my best to answer your questions, solve your problems and steer you in the right direction if you can’t make up your mind. I work full time and do have a life and a wife and some kids and also am a surfer and a beach bum, and if the waves are flat I go mountain biking, but I will commit to getting your shit shipped out on time, and on the regular (which will be once a week, Mondays or Fridays, haven’t decided yet. Wednesdays might be better actually). I’ll stay in touch with info about sales, contests, upcoming events and all that shit that my kids are going to have to teach me to do on the instagrams (don’t hold your breath for a TikTok channel).
As far as my preferences and habits when it comes to cannabis, full disclosure, I primarily smoked pipes and joints up until now, but recently switched to those dandy vape pens full of concentrate once my kids started noticing how those people puffing at the beach smell just like Dad when he’s in the garage. They have worked out great so far for keeping it on the down low. I did have one of those old school vapes, with the box and the dial and the big long surgical tube, but it is hiding from me in a closet somewhere now, probably due to jealousy over the pen.
But, not long ago, a good friend of mine who is a medical patient kicked me down an ounce of Fruity Pebbles and another of Gorilla Glue that he grew himself. And DAMN do they taste great in the Splinter! Way better than the pipe. Like the difference between Meister Brau and Stone IPA different. Oh, the flavors! Oh, the terpenes! I don’t grow, but if I did, I would definitely be vaping my crop. It brings out the characteristics of your bud the way those Riedel glasses bring out the tannins in wine. I am definitely developing an appreciation for the niche these products occupy.
So that’s me, that’s what ‘s going on with Ryan and RBT. I look forward to becoming part of the FC community. I‘ve already spent some time lurking and looking at some of the threads Ryan shared with me, and really dig the passion (and compassion) in some of these discussions. I’ll do my best to adhere to those standards, keep things cool, calm and collected and help the community thrive and grow.

Take it easy,
Lee
Welcome to FC Lee! I only have a Splinter V2 that gets used solely in wattage mode on a tiny box mod ( Vaporesso Target Mini II) and nonetheless it is awesome! I’m so glad to know that life is being breathed back into RBT and all it represents. Again a Big Welcome!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Greetings, FC folks,

Take it easy,
Lee
Condolences and thanks to both of you, Lee. Welcome back RBT

PXL_20210214_213124381~2.jpg

Top Bottom