• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Very good sign indeed! You will want to blast it at 50 Watts for a second or two at a time eventually so you can get to know the heat pattern a little bit and break in the coils. They seem to do better after they have been blasted a few times

Whoops I think I did more than a second or two, tried twice at 50 watts and stopped when the coil began to glow after only a second or two more than that I think maybe... Anyway mine glows on each side at the same time, folded area above the screws, bottom curves of the hand heart, hope that is a good thing too!

Yeah, five seconds to glow, and I guess that is because when I hold down the trigger it takes that long to heat up to 50 watts it seems. And so it's normal for it to begin glowing in that spot? It starts glowing on the inside, not the sides that touch the screws... If I'm not mistaken I should be in business to begin testing, hopefully will with a friend this weekend.

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Whoops I think I did more than a second or two, tried twice at 50 watts and stopped when the coil began to glow after only a second or two more than that I think maybe... Anyway mine glows on each side at the same time, folded area above the screws, bottom curves of the hand heart, hope that is a good thing too!

Yeah, five seconds to glow, and I guess that is because when I hold down the trigger it takes that long to heat up to 50 watts it seems. And so it's normal for it to begin glowing in that spot? It starts glowing on the inside, not the sides that touch the screws... If I'm not mistaken I should be in business to begin testing, hopefully will with a friend this weekend.
Sounds like it is working ideally. Good luck with testing

Shit Snacks

Sounds like it is working ideally. Good luck with testing

Thanks! On my fourth and last one, I noticed the side that is longer a little more oblong does seem to glow the slightest bit sooner then the more perfectly round side. It's interesting because from the point of view in the photo I posted, it looks much more even, but looking at it from the other side it is much more wonky lol

I wonder, since I am on the two of software, though I am set to power mode now, if there could be a way to figure out temp control... That would be pretty awesome to have, but may not even work bc I think Tubo temp might max out lower than we need anyway?

Also a family photo:
k0ho1x.jpg

Sliver is smallest on smallest mod, but it is in the foreground skewing perspective

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Ah no one posted in between! Oh well, I've got some actual useage to report on now though:

au9x07.jpg

This was the first go of nice Seattle dabs, started at 8watts and only got taste, stepped up to 15 for more effects, but didn't get visible vapor until 18w where it did go for a few more hits. Used a bent cooler stem defect, which worked extremely well.

Later I loaded this nice Sour Chem live resin for a few rounds, starting at higher wattage now:
2wmpa85.jpg

I tried 22w and still didn't seem to be getting the most out of it so stepped up to 25, 28, then 33 which yielded the thick hit I was expecting, yet still super smooth with the drydrotube!
293x9o2.jpg

I even tried as high as 38w at one point, but that seemed to push it perhaps. I think I may have 35w limit moving forward, I was expecting 8-22, but seems like mine needed it to be higher (and I am someone who favors flavors with low temp effects and smoothness)... Coil is still a little crooked, slightly touching the side when sleeve is on, and larger half glows sooner on bottom of curve above screw.

e0ltld.jpg

I had a 18-14 reducer in the Sliver here to connect to my drydro with 14-18 male to male adapter. It is nice how the joint length does not matter here!

52m0b6.jpg

Some sum up points: Sliver is super easy to load, not sure on best spot though I aimed for center in the groove and on top of the curves. Sliver offers great taste purity, even at upper wattage the flavor of the concentrate shown through. And Sliver can be quite smooth despite the power, but especially with RBT's coolers of course. Looking forward to more testing :tup:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I received my beta Sliver on the weekend:

2a9turp.jpg

Note that I emphasized "beta." All Slivers in the wild right now are beta models. This means they are not necessarily identical and that they probably don't perform the same. That's why some of the other testers are talking about trimming and adjusting the screen, and discovering different operating ranges. Once we've provided Ryan with feedback, the design will be modified to fix any problems and optimize the performance. The final production models definitely will be changed from the ones we're posting about here. @khelek41girl, I expect that we'll get more than one version for testing so I wouldn't be surprised if you get your wish.

I don't want to get into a debate over what "dabbing" really is, but you will not see me using that term to describe the Sliver. The intent is to provide a low temperature concentrate device. I have tried it already and that's exactly what it has delivered. I ranged from 12W to 20W. (Because it operates at such low power levels, I'm expecting excellent battery life.) I got nice results with some Silver Haze pressed rosin. As you'd expect from a low temperature device, the vapour production resembles what you get from dry flower as opposed to the all-at-once dab experience. This gives you a chance to enjoy the flavour, something I really appreciate. Of course, I'm using resin right now. We'll see how I feel about the flavour after I try some BHO.

Since resin is a really clean concentrate, there was no residue left when I was done. After a few hits (I should have counted) it just stopped giving vapour, and when I heated it at 50W for a cleaning burnoff, there was only a slight wisp in the first couple of seconds. This has more to do with the resin than the Sliver, but I mention it to illustrate that this heater should be easy to keep clean. Just blast it at high power for a few seconds and then blow away anything left behind. I expect that the ceramic deck will accumulate a honey coating after a while, but the whole heater assembly can be soaked in ISO. You can't soak the wood sleeve (well you can if you're crazy) but it's mostly glass-lined with a stainless steel band at the heater end, so it won't be difficult to wipe clean with some ISO.

I'm cautious about posting too much about the Sliver with so little experience. Interested readers should know that I rarely use concentrates except for testing, so I'm also inexperienced there as well. Nevertheless, since Ryan has indicated that he's okay with it I'll try to answer questions as best I can. Just be aware that it will take a while for me to accumulate much usage.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
So my I was getting better more even heating out of my alpha then my beta and this was pissing me off. So I took my newer version coil off and flatten it out and trimmed it up even a bit more so now it's kind of tiny but I've got it working to where I'm happy, it is usable. I have to give it a bit more wattage than I do with the alpha but at 22-23 Watts it's perfect. Just re-upped my concentrates so I will be doing more testing if I can remain conscious.
mijgom.jpg

Alpha in hand, beta on deck
2nspfl0.jpg

2uot0fk.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So my I was getting better more even heating out of my alpha then my beta and this was pissing me off. So I took my newer version coil off and flatten it out and trimmed it up even a bit more so now it's kind of tiny but I've got it working to where I'm happy, it is usable. I have to give it a bit more wattage than I do with the alpha but at 22-23 Watts it's perfect. Just re-upped my concentrates so I will be doing more testing if I can remain conscious.
mijgom.jpg

Alpha in hand, beta on deck
2nspfl0.jpg

2uot0fk.jpg

Are you keeping track of the resistance? Most mod boxes can't handle under .1 Ω and the Splinter heater is pretty close to that limit.

pakalolo,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
That's why I included the picture! She's hanging out around .150 ish in it's new Slimline state

antispleen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That's why I included the picture! She's hanging out around .150 ish in it's new Slimline state

Yes I saw that. I meant before and after, and compared to the alpha. Cold, because as we know it changes as it heats up.

pakalolo,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I will do take some measurements and compare readings and write some stuff down, once I'm not so high. I ammore of a hands on beta tester, not so much a keep track of kind of guy. Sorry about my glibness. Here is a fun melt shot on my current mesh to make up for it hopefully, :rofl:

*Edit- I think a big part of the problem is I just get too fucking high all the time, and that is a testament to the products I am testing, fwiw

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Hey all, just wanted to let everyone on the Sliver beta team know that I just heard from Ryan. He wanted me to give an update that the Sliver coil has been redesigned and apparently is pretty snazzy. So he said there's no need to do anymore official testing at this time, and providing feedback can be put on hold during the upcoming weeks. Everyone can obviously continue to tinker and play as you want with the current could, but there is no more need for official reporting at this time. He said the new coils will take around 3-4 weeks for production, but didn't give an official time before we receive them, so just keep your eyes and ears open for further updates.
Thanks everyone, and stay tuned! Good stuff is coming!

Shit Snacks

Oh! Nice! I'm sure the new coils will be great judging from this rough beta, its simple and works quite well for pure tasting vapor with strong effects... it is pretty cool that we will get to keep our wood sleeves (LOVE mine) and can just swap in a new 510 deck or only coil I guess? Looking forward to the new one, but the fun has only just begun with this outdated yet super effective model!

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey all, just wanted to let everyone on the Sliver beta team know that I just heard from Ryan. He wanted me to give an update that the Sliver coil has been redesigned and apparently is pretty snazzy. So he said there's no need to do anymore official testing at this time, and providing feedback can be put on hold during the upcoming weeks. Everyone can obviously continue to tinker and play as you want with the current could, but there is no more need for official reporting at this time. He said the new coils will take around 3-4 weeks for production, but didn't give an official time before we receive them, so just keep your eyes and ears open for further updates.
Thanks everyone, and stay tuned! Good stuff is coming!
This is great news, I will shift into just enjoying the thing mode..thanks very much for the update!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey thanks so much to all of your time tinkering beta testers. The next gen beta heaters will address two issues 1. the low resistance 2. the exposed wires on the edges. Initially it was though that changing the type of mesh and wick material would allow for the increase in resistance. This proved to be difficult. So, the length will be increased and rather than the two humps and M shape that the B1 heater has, it will have 4 humps that will be close together. This will allow for the increase in length to increase the resistance that is needed to run safely on most mods. The edges will now be hemmed over such that the top heater is wrapped on the edges for a clean look. Provided the new design addresses these two issues new heaters should be available in 3-4 weeks.

If I have missed any feedback or improvements please re-post them here and I will take it into consideration.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
One thing non heater related is that I went to use it the other day and when I went to lift the wood housing off, the metal ring stuck to the heater base and detached itself from the wood. What safe adhesive can I use to reattach that ring to the housing?

Heater related, that sounds perfect! The mesh edge concerned me a bit so I'm glad that they will be hemmed. Will we receive a whole new base for the heater or just the mesh to attach to the current base?
I'm pretty excited! Can't wait to see how the new heaters perform!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Khelek41girl thanks for the valuable feedback... I will work with the manufacture to improve the bond strength between the ring and the wood. The new heaters will be send out as a test of replacement in the field as intended in the production offering.

Should see the first proto in about a week... Hopefully it is on point as it is still a concept until reality proves the truth.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
So new heaters on the way... but they do not have the folded edge ... and a new design is in process. These heaters on the way will meet resistance requirements and will perform well. The new heaters should be better but now we are tweaking heat consistency and smaller tweaks of that nature.

On the other hand... Who would be up for a metal body instead of the wood. With conduction concentrates comes low power, low heat and a ton of cool fresh air that should allow the body to stay cool enough... a wooden sleeve could cover the hot area and ... a touch of wood is in order I think lol.

So the idea would be a interchangeable drip tip that could supply cooling, be short and stealth, or adapt to a 14 mm wip for easy water application. Maybe but some slight style into the usual square RDA looking form factor?

This product now has a high priority at RBT as I believe this little device could the next big thing in 510 attachments.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I look forward to seeing how the new heaters perform. A higher resistance will allow it to work on many more devices which will be nice. Would it be safe to use with an unregulated mechanical mod like the Splinter can?

l would love to see a thinner body. My hope would be a 22mm. I have a beautiful mech mod, but it only accepts 22mm RDAs or smaller.

http://imgur.com/bBJkqCY

Not gonna lie though, a wooden Sliver body that would fit inside that mod would be super sexy! Just not sure if it's possible.

Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to testing!

khelek41girl,
Reactions: King0mm

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@pakalolo can you please change the name of this thread to "RBT SEED" and post the pics of the concept CAD models I sent?

Given the new housing design for the Sliver looks like a SEED we will name it Seed... naturally :) The shape is still being optimized as the 510 bottom needs more curve. The more curve that is added the larger in Diameter it gets. @khelek41girl the most I can squeeze it down to is around 25 mm. The driver is the heater size plus inner tube, plus wood sleeve plus clearances and thread allowances (new design ditches the o-ring for a threaded connection.

A triangular ceramic dish has been added under the heater. This adds rigidity to the heater as well as helps clean up the design. The only unknown is will it suck the heat out of the heater? The idea is that the heater doesn't touch the ceramic much but rather "floats" off of the sides driven by the form of the heater.

This is just a quick concept model that needs the details worked out so please give me your thoughts. Although ideas might not be right for this design they could be seeds planted for the next.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo can you please change the name of this thread to "RBT SEED" and post the pics of the concept CAD models I sent?

Given the new housing design for the Sliver looks like a SEED we will name it Seed... naturally :) The shape is still being optimized as the 510 bottom needs more curve. The more curve that is added the larger in Diameter it gets. @khelek41girl the most I can squeeze it down to is around 25 mm. The driver is the heater size plus inner tube, plus wood sleeve plus clearances and thread allowances (new design ditches the o-ring for a threaded connection.

A triangular ceramic dish has been added under the heater. This adds rigidity to the heater as well as helps clean up the design. The only unknown is will it suck the heat out of the heater? The idea is that the heater doesn't touch the ceramic much but rather "floats" off of the sides driven by the form of the heater.

This is just a quick concept model that needs the details worked out so please give me your thoughts. Although ideas might not be right for this design they could be seeds planted for the next.

I'm not sure why I've been chosen for this honour but I'll take it. I assume this is because you previewed this with me on Skype.

So here are RBT's concept drawings for the SEED:

9bloyg.jpg

2z4ke29.jpg

2jd0s21.jpg

aw97xu.jpg

In our discussion, I think the only point I made was that the mouthpiece had to be adaptable, so that you can use it directly or with a water tool. Ideally, this would be done without the need for a stem or adapter. I know this is an early concept so I look forward to seeing how you accomplish this.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The SEED... that thing looks like an acorn... who was your focus group Alvin and Theo? lol. The heater is SS which is ok maybe at low temps but will taste like crap at higher wattages. the ceramic is just floating and seems week and flimsy and the dabbing area does seem decent sized but the ceramic will heat starve the SS wicks... Why not just heat a ceramic bucket? Metal mouthpiece looks like it will get hot and need a condom and the wood looks garage shop and not elegant... I realize it is for heat insulation so why not just make a unit that doesn't get hot? The only real nice thing is the patent pending ceramic insulator / base but other than that I am not impressed. Shit, if Vgoodiez had a 30% off sale on pre-order I don't know that I would even bite in that. RBT is a fraud man.

That was my alter ego RBTSUCKS coming out guys... sorry for that... well I guess he got the ball rolling on the SEED feedback... is he wrong? Makes some pretty good points :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Why not just heat a ceramic bucket
I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a ceramic or quartz bucket when deciding on just performance alone. Super easy to wipe down after use with a QTip, easy to load, nothing wasted, good flavor. Hard part is finding a way to make it work in a design.

Top Bottom