Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Best way to stir, is to empty your bowl midway, then suck it back up like a straw in the reverse so the greener stuff is on top now and the more cooked stuff is on bottom, to get a simple complete extraction at home

100%. fastest and most thorough
You both taught an old salty dog a new trick today, thank you.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Best way to stir, is to empty your bowl midway, then suck it back up like a straw in the reverse so the greener stuff is on top now and the more cooked stuff is on bottom, to get a simple complete extraction at home
Yes, effective and efficient, but too much work for me. I tend to prefer the first few hits of a given bowl a lot more than the last...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yep, too each their own. I would also think emptying and refilling a stem leads to efficient stirring, but for basket screen vapes/small load vapes a personal preference kind of criteria is that I don’t need to do that, or at least that things be close enough that I don’t feel bad skipping it.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: vapviking

gordontreeman

Yes as always if you microdose and your bowl is just wafer-thin, there's much less incentive to stir or flip.
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but don’t you usually use rimmed basket screens with the Milaana? Not that it’s required I guess. Just what I’m used to seeing with 18mm male stem styles.

gordontreeman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but don’t you usually use rimmed basket screens with the Milaana? Not that it’s required I guess. Just what I’m used to seeing with 18mm male stem styles.

A little history: when RBT was still developing his vapes, he used rimless basket screens that you had to insert into the stem. This was sometimes a nuisance because they could easily get distorted to the point where it was hard to get them to stay in place. I owned an Arizer Extreme at the time and tried substituting a rimmed screen. I showed this to RBT and he was horrified. He was afraid the rim would somehow adversely affect the device. It took a long time for him to come around to rimmed screens. (I kept using them anyway.)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I likely did not express myself correctly. I was just talking about the thickness of the bowl contents, i.e. what you put inside. If you just have a very thin disc covering the screen, extraction is thorough enough to not require any stir / flip.

On the other hand with larger loads a few mm deep, it's often beneficial to flip.

gordontreeman

I likely did not express myself correctly. I was just talking about the thickness of the bowl contents, i.e. what you put inside. If you just have a very thin disc covering the screen, extraction is thorough enough to not require any stir / flip.

On the other hand with larger loads a few mm deep, it's often beneficial to flip.
Ah, yeah. No I got you. I guess I usually don't consider a basket screen such a large load. With other vapes that use that style of stem it isn't really necessary for me to stir with a basket screen, so I was just curious if you meant with something else like a non-rimmed screen (like @pakalolo mentioned) and pushing it far enough back for a much larger bowl.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: KeroZen

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Didn't necessarily mean a larger bowl, it just meant cleaner experience honestly without having the rims on top, those old rimless screens are actually pretty great but with the variance of glass you never know how well they will fit although that can be a problem with the rimmed screens too... And the baskets hold a varying amount, you could pack it in or you could do a light load, the more you pack in the more likely you might need to stir but that is also based on your technique so it really depends on a lot of variables, no universal rules in this regard

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah I only use the old-school screens and you could vary how deep you put them. They have I believe overall a larger capacity.

I also tend to prefer longer sessions, so I'm often the opposite of a micro-doser.

And I agree with what was said on the previous page, the first few hits after you stir have an oddly satisfying feeling... They somehow remind me my past youth excesses with some "party drugs" where after the first plateau you suddenly get the impression it's all over, yet if you wait a bit there's a little extra peak coming afterwards where you have the impression it starts over albeit it's very short-lived...

Mad_Max

Is there a way to clean the mesh screen in my Milaana 3? I have searched through this thread looking for a way to clean it without success. (So far) It was perfectly clean a month ago when I bought it. Is there a way? I've used brushes and small amounts of Iso.

Last edited:
Mad_Max,

almost there

Is there a way to clean the mesh screen in my Milaana 3? I have searched through this thread looking for a way to clean it without success. (So far) It was perfectly clean a month ago when I bought it. Is there a way? I've used brushes and small amounts of Iso.

If there’s a way I haven’t found it yet. Once upon a time it would bother me to no end and I would hit it with a qtip wet with iso endlessly. It never made a noticeable difference.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

First, unless something has gone horribly wrong there is no need to clean that screen. What you see is cosmetic and doesn't interfere with using it. I'm a bit surprised I don't see any bits of material in the crevice around the edge.

I've owned several Milaanas, Zions, and Splinters over the last eight years and I've never had the bottom screen get clogged, even when using something ground really fine. That's because you are drawing material away from the screen whenever you inhale. The screen should never get hot enough to cause any issues. All of mine are slightly discoloured and it's never been an issue.

leanpubpackage

This looks like metal discoloration from the heat. Looks pretty clean and doesn’t seem to need cleaning. Just means you’re putting it good use!

hinglemccringleberry

That's way too much work. All you need is a toothpick and 3 seconds of mashing and stirring. Removing the load from the bowl sounds tedious especially when it's stuck solid from the previous heating...

That's not resin, mine looks just like that and its clean to the touch and odorless.
If the staining bugs you the only thing that could help is to wet a tiny piece of paper towel in white vinegar and lay it over that area for several hours. But honestly it's more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's way too much work. All you need is a toothpick and 3 seconds of mashing and stirring. Removing the load from the bowl sounds tedious especially when it's stuck solid from the previous heating...

Yeah after usually doing it that way first I've come to feel the opposite way, trying to use a little toothpick or tool stirring in a little basket at the tip is really tedious to avoid crumbs flying everywhere with a full load, it takes a lot more focus and dexterity for me, plus it is a better more complete stir for a better more complete extraction not only done quicker and more mindlessly... And yes you still use a tool to poke it out of course as its always secure from previous heating...

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
First, unless something has gone horribly wrong there is no need to clean that screen. What you see is cosmetic and doesn't interfere with using it. I'm a bit surprised I don't see any bits of material in the crevice around the edge.

I've owned several Milaanas, Zions, and Splinters over the last eight years and I've never had the bottom screen get clogged, even when using something ground really fine. That's because you are drawing material away from the screen whenever you inhale. The screen should never get hot enough to cause any issues. All of mine are slightly discoloured and it's never been an issue.
Look at all of us answering the question like an engineer, with a technical method.

At least someone came along and asked why da fug you wanna do that for ??

BigJr48

Looks pretty clean to me

BigJr48,
Reactions: Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Looks pretty clean to me
I'm just afraid it's going to get darker and blacker. I've only had it a month, roughly 45x bowls. I'm just wondering how it will look at 145? (Don't tell me! Like it's had 145 bowls through it. :D)

Mad_Max,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom