Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Razhumikin

So I have a bit of a puzzler for you guys:
One of my good friends is coming down from Boston tomorrow to stay with me for a few days and basically just vape the whole time. Hes an experienced stoner whose enthusiastic but unfamiliar with vaping and Im super excited to introduce him to RBT products. What device do I start him on? Do I go in chronological order and start him on the 1, then move through the 2 and 3 sequentially? Do I start on the 3 because its the easiest to get big clouds on and I've taught others how to use it before, then move him to the other devices? Do I start him on a splinter and then introduce him to unregulated afterwards? Im at a bit of an impasse.

BakedDiogenes

One of my good friends is coming down from Boston tomorrow to stay with me for a few days and basically just vape the whole time. Hes an experienced stoner whose enthusiastic but unfamiliar with vaping and Im super excited to introduce him to RBT products. What device do I start him on? Do I go in chronological order and start him on the 1, then move through the 2 and 3 sequentially? Do I start on the 3 because its the easiest to get big clouds on and I've taught others how to use it before, then move him to the other devices? Do I start him on a splinter and then introduce him to unregulated afterwards? Im at a bit of an impasse.
I’d recommend the 3.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My vote would be a Splinter set to 400º or whatever temp extracts fast without hotspots. Wattage around 38W on a V2 would work well too, adding a risk of charring but ensuring denser clouds even if he doesn't know what he's doing.

The priority should be less on him liking it from the first hit (you have a few days and he'll be high af with your RBT lineup) and more on not having any accidental combustion stinking up your fancy Milaana.

I find the XL8R stems work so well that new users sometimes don't notice the heat building. Another issue can be smokers who aren't used to really inhaling for ten seconds or more because they're used to the disgusting world of smoke where that would be a bad move. A Splinter in TC can work well as training wheels because you can just set it to a safe temp and take even a twenty second hit without risk.

And of course you can use all the RBT vapes with the same stem once he has a few test drives. You could each have your own stem, show him how you hit a Splinter or Milaana and then he can take a hit of similar length.

I don't see the argument in favor of starting with the Milaana 3 since it's guaranteed to hotspot unless he gets off the button. The Milaana 1 and 2 would be better since once it's heat soaked you can just say "Press the button and hit it for like ten seconds."

Razhumikin

My vote would be a Splinter set to 400º or whatever temp extracts fast without hotspots. Wattage around 38W on a V2 would work well too, adding a risk of charring but ensuring denser clouds even if he doesn't know what he's doing.

The priority should be less on him liking it from the first hit (you have a few days and he'll be high af with your RBT lineup) and more on not having any accidental combustion stinking up your fancy Milaana.

I find the XL8R stems work so well that new users sometimes don't notice the heat building. Another issue can be smokers who aren't used to really inhaling for ten seconds or more because they're used to the disgusting world of smoke where that would be a bad move. A Splinter in TC can work well as training wheels because you can just set it to a safe temp and take even a twenty second hit without risk.

And of course you can use all the RBT vapes with the same stem once he has a few test drives. You could each have your own stem, show him how you hit a Splinter or Milaana and then he can take a hit of similar length.

I don't see the argument in favor of starting with the Milaana 3 since it's guaranteed to hotspot unless he gets off the button. The Milaana 1 and 2 would be better since once it's heat soaked you can just say "Press the button and hit it for like ten seconds."
Yea this seems wise. I think ill start him on a splinter on TC so he cant burn it, then once he gets the hang of it I'll move him on to milaanas. I do think I'll start on the three though, because I've found that when introducing people to vapes they really need to get a big hit on their first couple of tries or they get frustrated and put it down. I guess the good thing about this situation is hes stuck with me for a few days so he cant just walk away from vaping if he doesnt like it lol.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yea this seems wise. I think ill start him on a splinter on TC so he cant burn it, then once he gets the hang of it I'll move him on to milaanas. I do think I'll start on the three though, because I've found that when introducing people to vapes they really need to get a big hit on their first couple of tries or they get frustrated and put it down. I guess the good thing about this situation is hes stuck with me for a few days so he cant just walk away from vaping if he doesnt like it lol.
That's a good point yeah: back in my DNA mod days I'd get the "it's not making any vapor" complaint from friends on occasion. Red Panda and Arctic Fox mods always deliver unless someone doesn't know what it means to inhale through a stem lol

jjvapes

This speaks to me as a relatively new Milaana 2/3 owner using the xl8r stems I definitely have had issues with not noticing the heat buildup and combusting (sadly). I guess my vote would be for TC if showing to a new user.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yep, this exactly. I was just trying to introduce some friends to it with one of my vapes. I made a big mistake and set the temp as though we were doing a basket screen pack when we had done a joint pack, so I was well below what I intended (a temp that wouldn't scorch it but would produce thick and tasty vapor so that it was obvious to a newbie they were getting rips). Within a hit both of them were like "it tastes great but I'll just smoke the next bowl" even when I tried to explain and demonstrate with a more suitable temp. There's just no going back from first impressions for most when lighters and flame are tried and true, have worked well for many in the past, and there's a perception that they are otherwise "wasting" flower 🙁.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use a tube on the end of the Milaana Stem, when teaching it's use.
I have them watch me a number of times, guiding their eyes to the button and the stem.
I have had success with a 2 foot DBV whip, and they can watch the stem/load/button VERY carefully as they play with their draw speed.

Ripstar

I use a tube on the end of the Milaana Stem, when teaching it's use.
I have them watch me a number of times, guiding their eyes to the button and the stem.
I have had success with a 2 foot DBV whip, and they can watch the stem/load/button VERY carefully as they play with their draw speed.
That's a great idea for beginners with a Milaana, especially the Mi3.

Good evening good people, Mr. Lee Sherman shipped out a batch of Mi3’s this last Monday. Looks like mine is in the neighborhood and if all goes well, I could possibly see it tomorrow. if not, Friday at the latest. I’m looking forward to putting all I’ve learned here to good use. I’m hoping for a gentle learning curve.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What’s your favorite grind for the Mi3?

Bonus question- is the above more easily realized with a flowermill or an herb ripper?

ok, this was all a ploy

Anything consistent, medium fine ideally, medium is okay too though, I've done coarse, and uneven can be okay, but yeah anything that gives you a consistent grind is going to be the best for even extraction... It really depends on the specific flowers, how to grind and use them, it all works fine in Milaana anyway, but yeah I mostly use BCG.

Anything consistent, medium fine ideally, medium is okay too though, I've done coarse, and uneven can be okay, but yeah anything that gives you a consistent grind is going to be the best for even extraction... It really depends on the specific flowers, how to grind and use them, it all works fine in Milaana anyway, but yeah I mostly use BCG.
I’ve been eyeing the Herb Repper medium fine grinder myself. It‘s made of SS and that what attracts me and the price is good. Waiting on PuffItUp to restock to make a purchase.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’ve been eyeing the Herb Repper medium fine grinder myself. It‘s made of SS and that what attracts me and the price is good. Waiting on PuffItUp to restock to make a purchase.

Yeah I've heard good things and it seems like a nice one! I almost always have to grind upside down, at least a little in the beginning, to get a consistent grind in anything really...

Well, I just received my not long awaited Mi3 via USPS. I’m in the process of charging a pair of Molicels and i can tell y’all, I feel rather anxious to be honest. If you’re on here Lee Sherman, thank you so much, got to me in three days.

edit; didn’t realize that 18650 Molicel P26A took so danged long to charge. For reference I have Nitecore D2 charger. How long is standard for 18650 batteries? And as important, how long does a charge last? Yeah, I know, I’m a newbie.

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Well, I just received my not long awaited Mi3 via USPS. I’m in the process of charging a pair of Molicels and i can tell y’all, I feel rather anxious to be honest. If you’re on here Lee Sherman, thank you so much, got to me in three days.

edit; didn’t realize that 18650 Molicel P26A took so danged long to charge. For reference I have Nitecore D2 charger. How long is standard for 18650 batteries? And as important, how long does a charge last? Yeah, I know, I’m a newbie.
So the charge time is dependent on the batteries levels as well as the output of the charger. I have a 2.0 amp charger and it takes about an hour or so to charge from 3.5v. I use a voltmeter to check the volts during session to check charge. I usually stop using and charge when the reading is below 4v. All of my RBT units start to drag once in the 3v range. The amount of sessions is hard to calculate...I would say 5, but I use massive bowls so idk for certain.:shrug:

Top Bottom