Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Razhumikin

By original stem do you mean an Xl8R or a short stem? The XL8R's work really great and if you get one of them you probably dont NEED other stems, but I wouldn't rely on the short stems alone. Theyre definitely not bad, but they get much more hot than I would like. XL8R's (available from the herb cafe in Canada), 508Phineas stems (instagram), Milliken Wood Works (Etsy), and Ed's TnT are all good stem options.

attackpoints

By original stem do you mean an Xl8R or a short stem? The XL8R's work really great and if you get one of them you probably dont NEED other stems, but I wouldn't rely on the short stems alone. Theyre definitely not bad, but they get much more hot than I would like. XL8R's (available from the herb cafe in Canada), 508Phineas stems (instagram), Milliken Wood Works (Etsy), and Ed's TnT are all good stem options.
Short stem! The Mi2 is coming with a stem from Ed's TnT, actually. I'm right in thinking this can be used with the 3 as well right?

Definitely going to pick up an xl8r but the new toys are likely going to get here before that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea all the stems are interchangeable between splinters and all versions of the Milaana!

This is not necessarily true, SplinterV2 (OG, V1/+) and Milaana3 use 19/19 joint size, while all other RBT vapes use 19/22 so just be careful when testing for fit... Most specific RBT stems are now 19/19 so yes they should fit everything, but it varies!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Short stem! The Mi2 is coming with a stem from Ed's TnT, actually. I'm right in thinking this can be used with the 3 as well right?

Definitely going to pick up an xl8r but the new toys are likely going to get here before that.
I recommend the clear vigreaux stem from 508phineas (@Vlad the Inhaler). The short stems provide inadequate cooling for me and never get used except upside down as a Tinymight wpa

canadianvapelife

Yeah it is a very manual experience, so many ways to use it, but best with a short stem so you can sense the vapor and flavors to learn how it is extracting and heating... On a fresh battery it will heat up the fastest, so less time on the button is needed, as the battery weakens you hold the button more, however the heater can also heat soak so you don't need to hold the button as much if you are taking back-to-back hits... Milaana is a pretty phenomenal on-demand vape, but yes being stem-based battery-driven pure convection, it is quite different than the vapcap (esp IH) experience! So if you just come to it cold, try not to use anything else, get a feel for it, you should be fine though, you should be able to pick up the technique for this analog beast!
I am also a newbie to the milaana (I have a mi2) and have been struggling to produce some good vapor. Nothing really like my splinter v2. The device doesn't seem to get very hot very quick or maybe I am doing something wrong. Any techniques to share to help a guy out?

Razhumikin

I am also a newbie to the milaana (I have a mi2) and have been struggling to produce some good vapor. Nothing really like my splinter v2. The device doesn't seem to get very hot very quick or maybe I am doing something wrong. Any techniques to share to help a guy out?
I had the same issue coming from the mi3 to the mi2, and i would say a combination of letting it preheat for 5 seconds and drawing very slowly have helped solve this problem. Another trick to heat it up quickly is to cover the intake hole for a few seconds during your draw.

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

hinglemccringleberry

Hello fellow FC’s members, if you folks would be so kind as to give a newbie some advice, I’d really appreciate it. To the issue at hand, there is a member that would like to trade for my Simrell Ti tip OG cap, VHB and cider Simrell stash. The trade is for Milanna 3 and 3 Xlr8.

I have my stuff dialed in and happy with the results. How steep is the learning curve for the Milanna 3. I understand the the Simrell/VHB is different than the M3. As you can all see, I am a bit confused and on the fence and could use a little push either way
As the owner of a Simrell VC and a Milaana 3, and those 2 being the only 2 flower vapes I own, I can give some input.

If you're not super attached to your Simrell gear, do it. The Milaana/convection flavor alone will make you not regret it.

If it were me though, I would rather keep the Simrell and try to obtain a Milaana separately. Those are the only 2 vapes I own, and between the two, I feel like I'm set for life.

My Simrell VC earned a spot as one of my forever vapes. It's so practical and fast yet enjoyable for me in so many situations. The Mi3 is my other forever vape. I absolutely love having both at my disposal. I do not miss digital readouts and temp displays at all. Regulated vapes are kind of boring to me now after using both of these superb devices.

If you like the Simrell, think long-term. In the long run you'll want the variety of having both as they're both very enjoyable but you'll want to change it up every so often. But if you feel lukewarm about the Simrell, dump it. I know I'm never dumping mine, and that's after spending a month straight only using my Milaana. If you value having a revolving door of vapes, do it. If you really like the Simrell, don't do it.

On paper it sounds like you're giving up slightly more money's worth by trading the Simrell gear plus induction heater away for a Mi3, thats the other reason I wouldn't trade it, but that's your call...also, upgraded Dynavap stems that cool the vapor are becoming a dime a dozen, so you could dump the Simrell for the Milaana and get some other Dynavap gear down the road... I can't decide for you, but these are all important things to consider.

PS. The Mi3 learning curve is not steep all if you just practice common sense and listen to the advice in this thread about how to work the button. I was effortlessly blowing vapor on day 1 with my Mi3 with no accidental combustion.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Looks like August is the final month for RBT, going out in style, with one last classic contest:

Screenshot-20210804-121150.png
Screenshot-20210804-121108.png

First Entry for another example:
Screenshot-20210804-121214.png

I think he is doing another live video with Lee tonight, should be more details on selling the final stock!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Use a new-ish, fully charged cell and try a longer hit. I'm suspicious of your 18650s because even without a preheat the Milaana 2 shouldn't take long to get cooking. Like if the first hit was disappointing the second should still be glorious.

The other guess would be if you're someone who takes short hits, but there's no chance of that since you have a V2 that's doing what it should

Razhumikin

Use a new-ish, fully charged cell and try a longer hit. I'm suspicious of your 18650s because even without a preheat the Milaana 2 shouldn't take long to get cooking. Like if the first hit was disappointing the second should still be glorious.

The other guess would be if you're someone who takes short hits, but there's no chance of that since you have a V2 that's doing what it should
I think theres a large amount of variability in the heater strength of this new batch of Mi2s. The walnut one I have works as expected but the sapele one is relatively low power. It does work, but you have to coax it and hit it just right, or novisible vapor.I still love it, and it definitely gets me very stoned, but its got a bit of a personality. Thats part of what I love about these vapes though, each one is a unique learning experience.

Shit Snacks

As long as they keep releasing them, I am good with it!👍

Well, seems that they won't, the future is going to be something else! This time...

Edit: yeah so new brand for the fall, going to be producing some glass stem designs, glass heaters, a different type of heater and cooling disc design, etc. Lee will still be helping out for distribution and sales of the new products (which I believe will all be mass-produced, outsourced?)

Milaana3, are in short supply, but there are still some left, now on sale 30% off for the rest of the month making them around $175 plus shipping (international orders will have to pay more for the shipping and VAT)

SplinterV2 there are plenty of and they will be around $70 with the sale... Not sure if there will ever be more after these though?

Prizes for the contest will include two SplinterV2, a Milaana3, the very last SplinterZ US Custom (in a gorgeous bubinga seen in the video) aaaaand a ZionM!

There will be another ZionM auction at some point as well, no news on any Milaana2...

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Well, seems that they won't, the future is going to be something else! This time...

Edit: yeah so new brand for the fall, going to be producing some glass stem designs, glass heaters, a different type of heater and cooling disc design, etc. Lee will still be helping out for distribution and sales of the new products (which I believe will all be mass-produced, outsourced?)

Milaana3, are in short supply, but there are still some left, now on sale 30% off for the rest of the month making them around $175 plus shipping (international orders will have to pay more for the shipping and VAT)

SplinterV2 there are plenty of and they will be around $70 with the sale... Not sure if there will ever be more after these though?

Prizes for the contest will include two SplinterV2, a Milaana3, the very last SplinterZ US Custom (in a gorgeous bubinga seen in the video) aaaaand a ZionM!

There will be another ZionM auction at some point as well, no news on any Milaana2...
I heard from Lee that Mi2 auctions will happen again in a few weeks, and that they are waiting on some glass to get those ready.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm just gonna ring in here for those who may be trying to decide. I have a Splinter V2 (and a spare), it sits on a Sinuous Ravage 230 (got a spare of that also!).
I happen to love this vape and manage it quite well after a learning curve with the mod, etc.
The ability to regulate things is a big plus for me, apparently.

I had an M3 that I was of two minds about. I loved the vapor signature, and it is a beautiful piece, but I did become tired of needing to pay attention to each hit lest I char or combust the material. And forget about sharing with my wife, that rarely went well. I know for many the hitting just becomes second nature but I did sell it, to pass it to someone who might enjoy it more than I.

Top Bottom