Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
i just bought two of those xl8r long stems from herb cafe thanks for that link I didn't even think to check them for RBT stuff I just bought some replacement ENano glass stem stuff from them last week

Kinick23

@Shit Snacks @SquirrelMaster good point on learning off the stock stem. I find that’s bc you can feel the heat and through that learn how to modulate the button to control best control it or tailor it to the sesh you want

what’s your guys thoughts on using the MI on a rig? Anyone swear by it? So far with my unregulated vapes I haven’t been a big fan of using them that wat bc of the opposite reason we’re suggesting to learn on stock stem, i.e. I can’t feel the heat on a rig through water and bc I’m trying to get big clouds I always tend to push the load too far and generally char a bit. I get annoyed and go back to a cooling stem or j hook haha

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
what’s your guys thoughts on using the MI on a rig? Anyone swear by it? So far with my unregulated vapes I haven’t been a big fan of using them that wat bc of the opposite reason we’re suggesting to learn on stock stem, i.e. I can’t feel the heat on a rig through water and bc I’m trying to get big clouds I always tend to push the load too far and generally char a bit. I get annoyed and go back to a cooling stem or j hook haha
Same here yeah, I end up with a hot spot when I use my Milaana 2 with water too and it's not as aggressive as my Milaana 3.

For anyone using the Milaana 3 as their first/only Milaana I'd second the advice of experimenting with counting as you get on and off the button. Like if you're taking a long, medium draw try getting on the button for five seconds and then off for three - something like that just to see what works.

With my Mi2 I can keep the button pressed for the whole hit without a hot spot but the Mi3 will kill a bowl in two hits if I do that and abv won't be as even as I prefer.

SquirrelMaster

@Shit Snacks @SquirrelMaster good point on learning off the stock stem. I find that’s bc you can feel the heat and through that learn how to modulate the button to control best control it or tailor it to the sesh you want

I like it on a rig but I need to time my button pressing or I could easily combust. I'll count 1-2-3 (button depresses) 1 (button released) and repeat. I don't start timing until after the first, long coil warmup hit. Those numbers can change a bit depending on ambient temperature, if my flower has sat and dried out a little etc. Practice makes perfect for the Milaana; you'll start to really learn the device and eventually muscle memory will kick in and you'll get be able to get nice strong hits (if that's what your after) easily.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hadn’t used mine for a bit. Same flower I’ve been using the past few nights...seems to hit different from the Milaana. the Xl8r long stem is a beautiful thing... a few hits, I thought were small, feel extremely effective

WirtDog

You were not using the Milaana to it's full potential if you don't believe it can hit as hard (or harder). A single bowl killing hit especially in the Mi3 is very obtainable once you get the hang of the unregulated style. The Vortex has the advantage of the twisted titanium intercooler to disrupt airflow which works well given it's small size but a slightly longer vapor path works just as well and the Milaana's fully convection heating offers superior flavour. The XL8R stems cool the vapor really well and I recently added some 4mm boro balls to one of mine and the vapor is now even cooler. A Milaana is more fragile with glass parts that don't lock together but I reach for my Milaana way more than my Vortex.

Think I stumbled onto something and wanted to share it with the group. I have always had a habit of over tightening things so I have been adjusting the top nut just snug after moving the guitar pick aside? I have been having these weird variances with heat up times that have been driving me nuts.

Using the Molicel I noticed that after my normal snugging of the nut I could put my finger on the triangle and I could push it down. It had a little play. I held the triangle down firmly and tightened the nut more. With this done if you look at the vape from the side view the triangle is parallel to the top of the vape. With washers Ryan installed everything looks correct.

With this small adjustment I combusted twice in only 6-7 seconds with a freshly charged Molicel. I had also polished the brass triangle on both sides before I did this adjustment. Vape seemed to run noticeably hotter and more like one would expect. I would not have thought this would have made any difference. I was already making what I thought was a clean electrical contact. I run the buttons down.

Any thoughts?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Beautiful, I love the look of the first generation. How’s the heat profile?
It's slightly slower than my walnut 2 which for me is a positive since the 2 is just as aggressive as I care to have it and my 3 is seldom used as a result. They make a great low, medium, and high trio for me since my Z habit is to have the heater engaged for the whole hit. The 1.5 hits nice once it's warmed up but I could still cache it more efficiently with a final hit with the 2 or 3 even from a cold start.

They should have only been sold as a boxed set.
PXL_20201008_001526272~2.jpg

Last edited:

kadjo

Is it possible to just buy the screw out in the wild from a hardware store or online? Anyone have the specs on the different screws (metal type/ size/ etc) I thought that idea was scrapped. Was it a specifically made for the m3? Is anybody used the different screws and noticed a difference?

kadjo,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it possible to just buy the screw out in the wild from a hardware store or online? Anyone have the specs on the different screws (metal type/ size/ etc) I thought that idea was scrapped. Was it a specifically made for the m3? Is anybody used the different screws and noticed a difference?

Pretty sure it was customized, and I just think sticking with the standard high temp is the best option, not worth messing with imo

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
So my Milaana 3 showed up today in the mail and damn I’m happy I tried one this is what I was looking for taste and hit so far

My enano got me into glass stems and I can taste a similarity but the Milaana has such a different ‘signature’ loving this so far and I’m high AF

SquirrelMaster

Think I stumbled onto something and wanted to share it with the group. I have always had a habit of over tightening things so I have been adjusting the top nut just snug after moving the guitar pick aside? I have been having these weird variances with heat up times that have been driving me nuts.

Using the Molicel I noticed that after my normal snugging of the nut I could put my finger on the triangle and I could push it down. It had a little play. I held the triangle down firmly and tightened the nut more. With this done if you look at the vape from the side view the triangle is parallel to the top of the vape. With washers Ryan installed everything looks correct.

With this small adjustment I combusted twice in only 6-7 seconds with a freshly charged Molicel. I had also polished the brass triangle on both sides before I did this adjustment. Vape seemed to run noticeably hotter and more like one would expect. I would not have thought this would have made any difference. I was already making what I thought was a clean electrical contact. I run the buttons down.

Any thoughts?
It sounds like she's running great now! That's exactly how I tighten mine if I understand you correctly so there is no play. With the brass pic maybe the oxidization was increasing the resistance of the device which would explain the difference in output before and after? I'll have a look at the underside of my pic and see what it looks like but I don't believe I've noticed any build up. If it sits for a bit instead of being used more frequently that could cause the need for a cleaning. I don't remember hearing anything on cleaning the pic for electrical contact on any Milaana but my memory isn't always trustworthy.

almost there

It's slightly slower than my walnut 2 which for me is a positive since the 2 is just as aggressive as I care to have it and my 3 is seldom used as a result. They make a great low, medium, and high trio for me since my Z habit is to have the heater engaged for the whole hit. The 1.5 hits nice once it's warmed up but I could still cache it more efficiently with a final hit with the 2 or 3 even from a cold start.

They should have only been sold as a boxed set.
View attachment 3069
Your description of the Mi1 and Mi2 matches my thoughts exactly. I have a Mi1 of about the same period as your's and it requires a bit more button time. Great to tasting your strains but the Mi2 is ready for clouds right off the bat.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Any thoughts?
So if I wanted to see if my 1.5 would go a little faster I could try bugging we've coppery pick contact and/or cranking the screw more aggressively?

Your description of the Mi1 and Mi2 matches my thoughts exactly. I have a Mi1 of about the same period as your's and it requires a bit more button time. Great to tasting your strains but the Mi2 is ready for clouds right off the bat.
Yeah, it's honestly the best flavor I've experienced from any of my Milaana, no doubt because I can't be bothered to get off the fire button unless I have to.

That's a good problem to have and I enjoy the usable range of all three because instead of trying to finesse temp stepping out of an unregulated vape I can just choose the slow, medium, or fast one and let it do its thing.

The new VTC6s I picked up recently are happy in all three too.

Top Bottom