• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Now, I'm confused, because I thought there had been a minor issue with the top screw (the guitar pick & batt cover tightener) -- or more precisely, with the the post that the knurled nut tightens on to. Was there never an issue there? Or is that connected to the long screw that comes up from the bottom, as-in related issue to the thing that may require epoxy?
Not having taken one apart (no need, so far!) I mainly only know what I've read here. I've not had any need yet for any of Ryan's informative videos.
I mostly want a vape to just work and not have to become an expert on it's build and quirks.

I didn't bring up battery venting to implicate Milaana in the least. I mentioned better protection of the positive end when down. The positive end is where the sparks usually will fly if venting occurs, and while the battery chamber does only have one opening, I would still prefer to have my face farther from that positive end.

I have had a battery vent in a drawer, it was not a knockoff, but it had been mishandled and I did not see it; I should have been more careful with the handling. But it could as easily have vented in a device, through no fault of the device.

....just out of curiosity how had it been handled exactly?? I don't think I've ever seen one vent, not sure I would know what to look for, I have some old batteries now, usually I take pretty good care so I don't think there is much concern for me, though like I did get some water on one once?

Yeah there were issues with that centerpost screw, because that is what carries the current basically from battery to heater, but it was quickly resolved but it was the cause of some delay for pre-order units to ship... (this is why the material of the screw will affect high output or low output, basically the high one is more efficient with power transfer and the low one is losing power in the transfer)

The screw at the top is called a hand screw, it is meant to be loosened and tightened back and forth over and over again to move the safety pick and battery hatch or keep them still... The post screw that it screws on top of goes inside the unit, probably visible if you unscrew the bottom panel screw, which must be a separate screw because they are not in line, but parallel to each other...

The epoxy is only holding the glass in place, there should never be any having anything to do with the screw? On previous Milaana, there was epoxy holding the wooden bottom cap to the vape, but on the Mi3 It instead has the smaller brass plate with that screw... I think you're just overthinking things, understandable, there's just too much info, but most of it is now moot!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Ok the brass screw with the pick also screws into the wooden body at its base.
That is where you place epoxy at the base of the long screw.
Only a few units had this issue is my take.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Given there are both screws,a brass ho and stainless lo it may very well be that it is not epoxied at the base?
Why glue it if you intend for it to be swapped in the first place seems valid also somehow.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I’m with @Shit Snacks, I feel like your talking about the (nut?) at the top, that tightens to pinch the picks in place. Yes it will un tighten with a turn or f the brass. Didn’t see a pic of the @khelek41girl stwm, but that’s quite a score.

that’s cause it’s safely secured in bubble wrap ;) but here it is.

Yes you guys are definitely right I was talking about something being loose that’s supposed to be loose lol. it can be tightened so it functions as it’s supposed to.

FDE473-ED-6-A68-42-DF-BE20-0-C33-EEBFB4-C5.jpg

EE9-CC8-BD-F513-49-DB-B077-CE06-C45-AC551.jpg

I'll have to get some pics of it in use. I actually just didnt include stem pics because it was my first time uploading using imgbb and I thought that FC had a pic limit per post so I assumed I was already getting close to it with the Mi3 pics, thought I'd leave out the stems lol.

Given there are both screws,a brass ho and stainless lo it may very well be that it is not epoxied at the base?
Why glue it if you intend for it to be swapped in the first place seems valid also somehow.

Yeah I mean I saw 2 screws and just assumed if that were the case, it wouldnt be expoxied in place and something would obviously be loose to me. Thats probably why I assumed it was the top knob, I was looking for something loose and found it.

Personally I dont intend to swap

vapviking

Old & In the Way
....just out of curiosity how had it been handled exactly?? I don't think I've ever seen one vent, not sure I would know what to look for, I have some old batteries now, usually I take pretty good care so I don't think there is much concern for me, though like I did get some water on one once?
The battery that vented in my drawer was not an 18650, it was smaller, a Grasshopper (li-ion) battery that was probably a couple of years old.

I am certainly not well versed about batteries, and I hesitate to be giving advice, etc., but from discussions after that event (and boy, it was exciting to see smoke pouring out of my dresser drawer!), I have learned to keep these and all other li-ion batteries in simple cases or in one of a couple of fire-resistant pouches I bought soon afterward...
I was not very careful prior to this experience; would just drop one or two in a pocket for the afternoon, loose! Never again; these are not yer typical double AA's, guys!

So, I'm more careful with storing and handling, and I look at them regularly (for nicks/cracks, etc in the cover).
As Yogi Berra said, "You can observe a lot by looking."
Also more careful setting in/out of the outboard charger, to avoid damaging the cover.

Apparently one "prime time" for a batt to go off is during or upon completion of charge cycle, or if charger does not ramp down the charge appropriately. Now we're definitely beyond my pay grade in the knowledge/advise department.
Mine, I believe, went off right after removing from the D2 and I tossed it in the drawer (I don't think it was warm, the cycle was finished) - almost left the room when I heard the fireworks and turned to see.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Pretty sure when I hit this thing for the first time I actually said “what the fuck” ... I don’t get how it’s so smooth it feels like it’s barely warm vapor but then I have solid clouds and brown bud and then I’m feeling great. But seriously I don’t get how it’s so smooth even in the stock mouth piece where’s the cooling happen lol. Just wanted to pop in and say I did good and didn’t combust! Pics of @khelek41girl stem with it, and hanging out with the others

93-AAE6-E2-AAE8-432-B-9730-8-F7-C6-FEEC580.jpg

5-A797-B31-6-BBD-4-CC4-81-AE-3-C6-D4-F89-A169.jpg

Shit Snacks

Pretty sure when I hit this thing for the first time I actually said “what the fuck” ... I don’t get how it’s so smooth it feels like it’s barely warm vapor but then I have solid clouds and brown bud and then I’m feeling great. But seriously I don’t get how it’s so smooth even in the stock mouth piece where’s the cooling happen lol. Just wanted to pop in and say I did good and didn’t combust!

Haha that lines up with my first bowl in my Mi3 too, I couldn't believe how good it tasted, so pure! And yeah that RBT heater is really something special, your post also reminds me of the early Zion days when vapor kept coming so thick and smooth, it was world-changing lol Then yeah with Milaana you really have full manual control being on regulated, so you just breathe in creating the vapor nice and smooth!

Dig the photo of the lineup, now you've got a great little collection already!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah it was so smooth! I used it a couple times over the weekend trying to learn it. A little nervous to run the heater too long and combust, I've had a mix of results so far between going basically black and also expecting it to be black but turns out that it's still light brown.

I hopped on to post the results after my first trial run, I was feeling great! Such an interesting vape. There's a lot I'll have to figure out between button timing, draw speed, stirring, etc. - not only that I gotta figure out how the battery charge effects everything too! Looking forward to this learning curve for sure.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah it was so smooth! I used it a couple times over the weekend trying to learn it. A little nervous to run the heater too long and combust, I've had a mix of results so far between going basically black and also expecting it to be black but turns out that it's still light brown.

I hopped on to post the results after my first trial run, I was feeling great! Such an interesting vape. There's a lot I'll have to figure out between button timing, draw speed, stirring, etc. - not only that I gotta figure out how the battery charge effects everything too! Looking forward to this learning curve for sure.
You can try using the Mi3 exclusively for like a week or two, with one basic stem that lets you feel what's going on without masking too much with the cooling.
One other tip is, after each hit, rotate the stem a quarter or third of a rotation (or any pattern you'd prefer) and this can help prevent some hot spotting plus alleviate need for a stir.

I really don't like over-cooking the herb and so my pattern has become pretty conservative with Milaana3; I'm much more of a sipper with this device and it becomes surprising just how many tasty hits can come from one chamber, and how long it can go on.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You can try using the Mi3 exclusively for like a week or two, with one basic stem that lets you feel what's going on without masking too much with the cooling.
One other tip is, after each hit, rotate the stem a quarter or third of a rotation (or any pattern you'd prefer) and this can help prevent some hot spotting plus alleviate need for a stir.

I really don't like over-cooking the herb and so my pattern has become pretty conservative with Milaana3; I'm much more of a sipper with this device and it becomes surprising just how many tasty hits can come from one chamber, and how long it can go on.

Yeah thats basically what I ended up doing, rotating the stem a 1/4 or 1/3 after a hit. I tried the basic stem and my KGW stem so far, havent touched any of the Xl8r stems yet. I may stick with the stock stem and Mi3 for a few days this week and see how it goes.

I can definitely see how this can be a great sipping device. Or even a quick hard ripper for that matter. Seems like we have a ton of control with it...

GetLeft

My Mi 3 is my most used vape currently but I can't say that that's because it's smooth. Smooth would be a stretch in most cases unless one's running through h2o (which I'm not) or has a cooling stem. Even with a Nub, which mellows my Mi 2 quite nicley, the 3 is not tame. The good thing is, it extracts the heck out of one's material. Sometimes I find myself wondering how I vaped a stem in so few hits.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Mi 3 is my most used vape currently but I can't say that that's because it's smooth. Smooth would be a stretch in most cases unless one's running through h2o (which I'm not) or has a cooling stem. Even with a Nub, which mellows my Mi 2 quite nicley, the 3 is not tame. The good thing is, it extracts the heck out of one's material. Sometimes I find myself wondering how I vaped a stem in so few hits.
Yeah my Milaana 3 gets less use than my 2 for that reason. It's fast and I've never felt at risk of combustion. I'm just so accustomed to temp stepping my Zs that trying to get on and off the button just right to slow down the Milaana 3's extraction seems like more trouble than it's worth. If my 3 has a battery in it I'll reach for it to finish a bowl that I started in a Z.

androponic

vaped.
Hi guys! I'm in love with my milaana 3 since day one but...the glass where I put the stem is broke... Do you know what's the best think to do to repair this please? 🙏
i am tagging @MikeRotchHertz since he has done repairs on a few and also knows where to get compatible glass and adhesives. he can advise you whether you are looking to diy it or have it done. hopefully he can give you the guidance you need.

Dreuft

Sorry to hear that. Sucks that such a great vape has an Achilles heel. I believe I still have a clear replacement glass stem. Message me and I can talk you through it or ill even do it for free if you're not comfortable doing it.
Thanks man I sent you a PM 🙏
(but I don't need a stem but the piece of glass where we put the stem)

alex91

Hi guys. I have the Milaana 1 and I was thinking about V2 and V3. Is there a significant difference? To be honest, I’m not that inclined to spend the money, but If any of these are a big upgrade from V1, then I think I’ll take it.

Thank you.

alex91,
Reactions: arb

SquirrelMaster

Hi guys. I have the Milaana 1 and I was thinking about V2 and V3. Is there a significant difference? To be honest, I’m not that inclined to spend the money, but If any of these are a big upgrade from V1, then I think I’ll take it.

Thank you.
@Shit Snacks would be a good person to ask on this as he has all 3 iirc. Between my Mi2 and Mi3 the 3 hits harder faster and although mine was too early to be marked as high or low output it's definitely on the hot side and I need to watch my button pressing. My 2 is much softer out of the gates so I can stay on the button for my entire draw without the vapour getting uncomfortably hot. Both are winners in my book but I'd buy a Mi1 if I had the chance, especially in Spalted Maple :drool:.

Shit Snacks

Thank you.

Technically, original Milaana was V1 then V2, then Milaana 1.5 then Milaana2 (this one moves the air intake from the top to the side, with more square smaller body, thicker wooden bottom plate often contrasting wood) and now Milaana3 (mass produced in China, various build upgrades streamlined and material changes, brass bottom plate)

But to answer your question, no there is no substantial change that makes it worth upgrading per se, unless you want to grab a backup unit? It will be a bit different as each one is different, but the user experience and vapor quality is mostly going to be the same... So the differences are subtle, mostly superficial, though they are there, but yeah no need to upgrade from earlier Milaana.

WirtDog

I have had a Milaana 3 HO version for a few weeks. Have not used it much because I have gotten sidetracked with Dynavap/Simrell combo.

I bought a few Molicel 18650 Batteries thinking they might be better than the recommended Samsung and LG which I also bought. I have been frustrated lately with the Molicel and was thinking something might be wrong with my Milaana 3? It just did not seem to be heating correctly with the Molicel.

I read a post here about the Samsung batteries and time to heat up. I have 14 of the 18650 batteries all charged. I pulled a Samsung and tried it in the Milaana 3! Wham!! Everything good again! I was shocked but encouraged.

Anyone else have experience with the Molicel batteries? I have a Nitecore charger and multi tester and the fully charged Molicel has the correct voltage. How can this be? Don’t understand why the Molicel won’t heat up properly. Does the group have any ideas.

I was very disappointed to learn Ryan was shutting down just after I made my purchase. The Milaana 3 is a very excellent unit. My only issue aside from this battery question is harshness of the vapor with the supplied short stems? I got a glass stem but it does not fit well and is a pain to clean. Also wondering if a longer wooden stem would help cool it? Not really interested in going the water route.

SquirrelMaster

I have had a Milaana 3 HO version for a few weeks. Have not used it much because I have gotten sidetracked with Dynavap/Simrell combo.

I bought a few Molicel 18650 Batteries thinking they might be better than the recommended Samsung and LG which I also bought. I have been frustrated lately with the Molicel and was thinking something might be wrong with my Milaana 3? It just did not seem to be heating correctly with the Molicel.

I read a post here about the Samsung batteries and time to heat up. I have 14 of the 18650 batteries all charged. I pulled a Samsung and tried it in the Milaana 3! Wham!! Everything good again! I was shocked but encouraged.

Anyone else have experience with the Molicel batteries? I have a Nitecore charger and multi tester and the fully charged Molicel has the correct voltage. How can this be? Don’t understand why the Molicel won’t heat up properly. Does the group have any ideas.

I was very disappointed to learn Ryan was shutting down just after I made my purchase. The Milaana 3 is a very excellent unit. My only issue aside from this battery question is harshness of the vapor with the supplied short stems? I got a glass stem but it does not fit well and is a pain to clean. Also wondering if a longer wooden stem would help cool it? Not really interested in going the water route.
No problem with any of my 10 Molicel 26A's here, that's very odd, how many cells are giving you issues? Maybe clean the contacts on the Molicel cells with an eraser if there's something in the way? The dimpled cooling stems that RBT made work really well but if you can't find those then an adapter for a J-hook is another great option. The joint length is shorter (19mm) than standard 19mm joints (22mm or 26mm) so if you can't find one made for RBT devices you would need to dremel or cut a standard one down tonl length.

If you're stuck with a short straight stem then I would get a hold of some glass balls and secure them with basket screens. I added 4mm boro balls to a few of my stems and they make a big difference for cooling.

Top Bottom