Random thoughts

getsoutalive

It's a question I ask myself and share with you.

How can we understand those who want to wage war ? Whether it's a fratricidal war, a civil war or a war between nations ?

In my opinion, what leads to war is emotion. Passions, suffering, a thirst for revenge, profit, a sense of injustice, a feeling of omnipotence or sadism, but not reason.

I think we all "basically" want the opposite, i.e. to have friends, build a family, have a job and be able to take everyone on vacation from time to time.

Isn't war a loss of reason, a loss of civilization ? What do you think ?
War is when the govt tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure that out for yourself.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
2WG1CzKfDVzltycNE5XKI2zHYLx

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Not content with all the problems of a remodel, I've decided to re-surface my deck. What could go wrong?
deck.jpg
Totally worth it, imo... you'll be so much happier with modern composite decking if you go that route, with hidden SS clips and screws etc... I put some Azek down a bunch of years ago that I purchased on "tax-free day" and it still looks almost new after a quick pressure-washing... they offer so many more colors and grains now:
IMG-2630.jpg

Glad we went "light" tho (not pictured), cuz the stuff can store heat and still gets pretty crazy hot in the blazing ☀️ ... hotter than real wood, for sure.... good luck!

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My old deck was 1.5 inch solid teak, and it stood the Southern exposure for 29 years, but I had to treat it every couple of years. I'm looking forward to a composite deck with a 50 year warranty and no yearly maintenance. I chose a light-colored teak look-alike, but I could imagine an outdoor carpet protecting my bare tootsies to the heat of summer. When I was growing up in California, the only time I wore shoes was to church and school. I could put cigarettes out on my feet. But I have normal feet now.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah, I was gonna say, those joists don't look 16" (24" maybe?) on center to my bad old stoner eyes, at least from here.... maybe gonna have to throw a few more in there with composite (12" on center)? Or reset them all and add a few? Are you going with the full system, the bitchin' railings, posts and balusters etc (well, glass panels, I'm sure with that view), too? That was the real hassle with stain etc, at least for me... I did it all myself, as I did general carpentry for about 5 years before getting into desktop publishing. Ever thought about putting the decking down at a 45...? I always thought it looked pretty sexy and different when we did those.... Anyway, can't wait to see the finished product... I'm sure it will be tasteful!! :tup::peace:

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
No, we have to add joists so that everything is 12 inches on center. We also have to have an inspection by the condo association to make sure no dry rot has occurred in the remaining structure prior to resurfacing. Glass railings without a top rail is my goal. A top rail interferes with the view while seated.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Nobel Prize winning medicine.....

Lobotomy10min.jpg
So the Anxiety, migraines, Schizophrenia, panic disorder, ocd, chronic pain and the violence before magically turns into PTSD, ADD, Alzheimer and unmanageable behaviour after a 10 minute lobotomy?

That sounds about right to me. :D
But possibly they should rethink the design of this advert.

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Pukka

Nobel Prize winning medicine.....

Lobotomy10min.jpg
I receintly watched half a day's worth of YT viddies (it was background noise) about the Kennedy sister who got "fixed". I can't believe society actually accepted this as acceptable for any amount of time. But then again, bleedings used to be a regular thing.

Pukka,
Reactions: vapirtoo
Top Bottom