• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

florduh

FfM2bozX0AEb82I

As someone who travels a lot and used to stay in AirBnB's but now exclusively stays in actual hotels, I can explain this phenomenon to these dumbfuck landlord leeches.

Hotels clean my room for me. And they've never once harangued me over text message because I didn't take a trashcan out to the curb after I cleaned the entire room myself. Also, hotels are now cheaper than your shitty apartments. Hope this helps.

florduh

If corpos simply took the same RATE of profit they were happy with for the decade prior to the WuFlu, "inflation" would be half of what we're currently experiencing. They get away with it because they own the entire news media apparatus. If every story is about INFLATION, who's gonna notice a little light price gouging?

That leaves another 50%, most of which is due to the fact the same business geniuses who are gouging us built an entire global supply chain on millimeter thin ice to save a nickel, so when the 'ol pandemmy hit...the whole fuckin thing collapsed. Shit like this:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb2cbee4b-1a29-4b16-abb5-11327f4c6ebe_1185x1202.jpeg

Even if you've been bamboozled by that old dead cunt Milton Friedman and believe "NOOOOO! INFLATION IS CAUSED BY THE MONEY PRINTER GOING BRRRRR" these same corpos got the vast majority of the COVID relief money we printed. Not the poor schmucks cashing their $2000 $1400 stimmy checks.

So any way you choose to slice it, Corporate America is almost entirely responsible for what is being described as inflation. I appreciate that Congress lady pointing this out. I just have no faith her Party has the balls to bring these corpo scumbags to heel. Because both political parties are entirely funded by those same scumbags and work entirely for their benefit.

Everything we're currently experiencing is a feature of neoliberalism. Not a bug.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I worked for a company that automatically increased a customer's service charge every time the customer crossed an annual boundary. I was part of the team responsible for making it happen automatically. I asked what the increased dollars were expected to cover and was told: There was no reason for the increase. The increase itself was small enough so that most customers didn't notice it and only a small percentage of the customer's who did notice actually called to complain and have the increase removed. We're talking millions of customers.

AT&T just raised my home phone bill by a whopping $2 so I called them and asked what the increase was for and was told its "the annual increase". When I asked what the annual increase was for the agent said she didn't know anything other than it happens annually. I told the agent about the annual increase at the company I worked for and asked if they would remove the increase. Got a one time credit that covered the entire year's annual increase.

I call the above the "kiss me first" approach to combating unnecessary inflation.......

florduh

This is kind of wild given the cultural supremacy of Star Wars in America. George Lucas explicitly says the Rebels in Star Wars were the Viet Cong. And the US was The Evil Empire.

The new Andor Star Wars show is mid, like everything they've put out since the 80's. But I do like how it depicts the early Rebellion as a group of ragtag terrorists. There's even a character who works at the Empire's NSA.

1973PortlandToker

FfM2bozX0AEb82I

As someone who travels a lot and used to stay in AirBnB's but now exclusively stays in actual hotels, I can explain this phenomenon to these dumbfuck landlord leeches.

Hotels clean my room for me. And they've never once harangued me over text message because I didn't take a trashcan out to the curb after I cleaned the entire room myself. Also, hotels are now cheaper than your shitty apartments. Hope this helps.

Yeah but you can't prepare your own food in a hotel room. You have to $$$ eat out $$$. As someone with high blood pressure, it's a double wammy because everything in a restaurant is a salt bomb.

As to Airbnb bookings, I noticed when I was on vacation in September that there seemed to be fewer tourists than usual. It's probably the economy; people know that a recession is looming and they're actually cutting down their spending (gasp!).

florduh

Yeah but you can't prepare your own food in a hotel room. You have to $$$ eat out $$$. As someone with high blood pressure, it's a double wammy because everything in a restaurant is a salt bomb.

As to Airbnb bookings, I noticed when I was on vacation in September that there seemed to be fewer tourists than usual. It's probably the economy; people know that a recession is looming and they're actually cutting down their spending (gasp!).

I try and stay at a Residence Inn. They come with a small kitchen. You can maybe find cheaper AirBnB's, but they're not gonna look like the pictures on the app. Then you have to add a cleaning fee on top of the rate. Sometime there's a security deposit as well.

And even if the Residence Inn is more after all the fees, not having to deal with AirBnB hosts is worth the premium. I still can't believe the one who was mad I didn't take the trash out for him. I cleaned the entire apartment after getting charged a $200 cleaning fee. No one from Marriott has ever been mad at me once.

florduh

This Week in "Nobody Wants To Work Anymore"

When people say service industry jobs are unskilled labor that deserve poverty wages, they're confused. The skill isn't necessarily in learning the hotel computer systems. The skill is in dealing with some of the dumbest, whiniest, most entitled people in human history and not slapping them across the face with your keyboard when millions of years of evolution are putting pressure on your brain to do exactly that.

florduh

Ah ha ha. Remember from the other day when kanye was whining that "they" never call him a billionaire? Now that he's been dropped by Adidas, Forbes took him off the billionaire's list.

From what I can tell, he's mad at a certain group of people that people have been regularly getting mad at for the past few millennia because members of that group screwed him over on some business deals in the music industry. That only makes sense if you, very stupidly, presume that Protestant executives wouldn't have acted the same exact way. Which is insane.

WASPs: famously only cutting square deals with black people over the past 400 years.

What a fucking dummy.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Friday nights at 9pm est, Troy and Jerry stream their show on Twitch. I jumped in the chat that runs during the show a few times. It's pretty fun for guys like me who consider a great Friday night to be a dab, a beer, a laptop, and a couch.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Friday nights at 9pm est, Troy and Jerry stream their show on Twitch. I jumped in the chat that runs during the show a few times. It's pretty fun for guys like me who consider a great Friday night to be a dab, a beer, a laptop, and a couch.
AND there's no end to what you can learn about all things Vape and Cannabis while being entertained.....

Top Bottom