• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think we need to change the way we publish political maps today. Rather than a whole state being covered with the color red or blue I think there needs to be a red or blue dot in the image of the state instead. The stupid people just can't understand that land doesn't vote, people do, and the look of a political map being almost completely red makes them believe that republicans should win more elections than they're entitled to. Yes it is a cave to their ignorance, but I think that's better than confusing them. This simple change might help a lot with the confusion of the poorly educated when it comes to the political affiliation of the country.

florduh

Yes it is a cave to their ignorance, but I think that's better than confusing them.

It's not confusion. It's cope. And it's very funny to watch.

I don't really blame them for coping and seething this time around though. This most recent election was as shocking to me as 2016. Maybe more so. I guess I was in a bubble.

If these pollsters can't figure out a way to poll the under 40 crowd, maybe it's time to just declare that whole profession dead. Because people my age or younger would rather chew broken glass than pick up an unknown call.

ChooChooCharlie

USS Midway carrier museum with golden sunset reflection:
midas-meets-midway.jpg

florduh

Anybody looking for a job in the near future? Here's how you can juice your salary level with One Weird Trick.

Twitter's entire HR department quit. Say you worked at Twitter. Use that lie in salary negotiations. There's no one left to fact-check you.

DON'T do this for a government job. But it's perfectly acceptable to lie to private employers. God knows they're lying to you.

Go forth and get that bag.

Make It Rain Money GIF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"KID, What'd you get?"
"I didn't get nuthin', I had to pay 50 bucks and pick up all the garbage!"

"But I didn't come her to talk about Alice."

I was so much older then. Every year I sit and listen to Arlo's protest, and I cry. I look forward to it today, my children and grandchildren will all be subjected to it!
And they may see me cry, and wonder...

Thanks, @cybrguy I had forgotten about that piece!

Arlo's draft physical was at Whitehall Street in lower Manhattan. Mine was a couple of miles from there, at Ft Hamilton, Brooklyn. I believe I shat a couple of bricks there that day.
I was deferred due to a knee injury from school football days.
But I had relatives who went to Nam and friends who came home shot up.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

"KID, What'd you get?"
"I didn't get nuthin', I had to pay 50 bucks and pick up all the garbage!"

"But I didn't come her to talk about Alice."

I was so much older then. Every year I sit and listen to Arlo's protest, and I cry. I look forward to it today, my children and grandchildren will all be subjected to it!
And they may see me cry, and wonder...

Thanks, @cybrguy I had forgotten about that piece!

Arlo's draft physical was at Whitehall Street in lower Manhattan. Mine was a couple of miles from there, at Ft Hamilton, Brooklyn. I believe I shat a couple of bricks there that day.
I was deferred due to a knee injury from school football days.
But I had relatives who went to Nam and friends who came home shot up.
You can get anything you want!

Vitolo

Vaporist
316683424-1480976652313181-5799473291607930681-n.jpg

𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦:
Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks, bankers, and politicians at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Don't corner something that is meaner than you.
Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
Don't be banging your shin on a stool that's not in the way.
Borrowing trouble from the future doesn't deplete the supply.
Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
Silence is sometimes the best answer.
Don‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t botherin' you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you’ll ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Most times, it just gets down to common sense.

florduh

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is my favorite episode of SNL, not just because of this wonderful monolog, but because the musical guest was George Harrison and they sang Homeward Bound and Here Comes the Sun together. Outstanding.
Look at how young Loren Michaels looked...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I know the following sounds like a joke but its not....maybe this belongs in a thread called "What would you do"......

Wife calls home to tell her husband she has to work late again. Husband starts making dinner and when his tired, worn out wife comes home and sees the husband making dinner she says "Do you know how sexy you look when you're making dinner"?

After dinner the husband clears the table and starts washing the dishes and his wife says "You're irresistible when you're washing the dishes. I've never wanted you more than I do right now"!!!

Question....do you finish the dishes?

Last edited:
Top Bottom