Random thoughts

ChooChooCharlie

Random art post from the growing Choo Gallery
Shilling for Jean Kazandjian again:
Untitled-Kazandjian-sketch-and-oil-car-family.jpg

Oil on right is tiny, just 5 ft by 4 ft :lol:
No title, so I'll call it "Trippy family road trip"
After shipping from LA and hanging, I'll post follow up, show how silly it looks in my tiny apartment:\

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
posts deleted with motivation "vaccination discussion" ...?
Have we really got to the point where you can't even talk about it anymore?

TiSteamo,
Reactions: Vitolo

TiSteamo

Some topics have been banned due to the conflicts that arise. Recently added were "Vaccination" and "Covid". See: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/interesting-news-articles-stuff.49189/post-1603433
Perhaps the problem is not the subject itself but the way in which it is discussed.
If we were to eliminate all the arguments that could cause friction between users, we would probably be staring at a blank screen.
The discussion even between opposing points of view enriches everyone.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Exactly.

It's a general problem, not just people here. The flat out refusal, or inability, to break out of our conditioning and take information on it's own merit is the problem.

e.g. If you say anything that relates to Trump, even just hints at one of his policies, that's it, you're fucked - people will only see the staunch Trump supporter, all the bad with absolutely ZERO possibility of anything else whatsoever. Such is the state of utterly broken minds in 2021.

I wish I was exaggerating, but the indoctrination is profound.

We are all literally doomed until this one thing changes and people can start talking to each other about the actual issues at hand instead of just attacking each other by any other means available because they need an ego boost and to feel better than everyone else or something.

Old, but more relevant today than ever:

85898831.jpg

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Perhaps the problem is not the subject itself but the way in which it is discussed.
If we were to eliminate all the arguments that could cause friction between users, we would probably be staring at a blank screen.
The discussion even between opposing points of view enriches everyone.

First, we have a rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
Obviously we can't control how people discuss something. We can only react when it gets out of hand. Please don't imply that we forbid all topics that can cause friction. This is far from the case. We ban only the ones where the discusssions always result in flames, insults, and rule-breaking. I'll repeat one more time:

FC is a forum for the discusssion of cannabis vapourization. Any other topic is permitted in an appropriate forum as long as participants can be civil. When they cannot—and there are members who just can't control themselves—we ban the topic.​
There are plenty of forums for those discussions. Please use them and respect the purpose of FC. Thank you for your cooperation.

TiSteamo

Discussing staff decisions after you were explicitly told not to. You did not get a warning point then but you only get one pardon. one . Warning point issued.
I began by saying this...
I think the topic is "a bit" important not to talk about it and the task of the moderators should be to moderate the discussions, not to delete them but obviously for you the game is not worth the candle.
Lost opportunity, too bad.

TiSteamo,
Reactions: BrianTL

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
just bought a couple of smart bulbs and man was it the best 40 bucks I spent in a long time! being able to setup automations is nice, have them go off when my alarm does but this is nothing new to me since I've had smart plugs for some time but the bulbs are another level! not only can I set them to go off and on but I can set brightness and colour ? activate them with voice commands ? I feel like I'm living in star trek :rofl: but they have another nice feature I just discovered? I put one in my room and one in my bathroom and its only been a few days since I got them so always remembering to switch on the bathroom light before I go isn't second nature yet, case in point nature called just a little while ago and I didn't turn it on, I arrived to a dark bathroom and my instinct was to hit the light switch....... and nothing happened? then it hit me oh yeah the smart bulb! so I had actually turned off the switch off:doh: so I turned it on and was going to go back to my room to turn it on when the light switched on? so if you flick the switch off and on the smart bulb turns on to it last on setting! that's a handy feature !

Top Bottom