Random thoughts

hinglemccringleberry

Right now the air quality in Oregon (and California and Washington) sucks. No, I mean really sux! This article from San Francisco about sums up the situation. NYT article on smoke in SF.

But you know, if you cultivate marijuana, for example the regulation four plants we are allowed here in Oregon, it is very likely that like me you have in your possession one or more very robust charcoal filters and powerful fans to run air through them in order to scrub odors from a favorite plant as it blooms. That, along with a decent HEPA filter can make the air indoors a bit of alright. So, as I always tell people: cultivating weed is good for your health!
I have a bit of a theory that vaping flower gives the lungs some protection from the carcinogenic shit put off by wildfire smoke and other air pollution. Cuz you know, if the plant itself gives you protection from itself for smoking it, that means vaporizing it puts you one step ahead.

Gunky

When Mexico sends its people they are sending their best!
Bomberos from Guanajuanto arrive

https://ktvl.com/news/local/group-of-helpers-from-guanajuanto-arrives-to-provide-almeda-fire-aid
ef6380cd-d117-4af5-a493-49e80497e088-large16x9_119031136_174855950878384_8570742667540285207_n.jpg

Tranquility

Went to an old property to work it to get ready to sell and I found an old kit (Tool box) where I kept all my, then, wife's paraphernalia for when she had gone through chemo almost 15 years ago. In it, I found an old whip-type box vape that I almost threw away all those years ago because I/we just couldn't get it to work.

I gave it a go.

Now that I understand what's happening and why, I found I can make that thing produce clouds.

It's still old, probably an aluminium heater and I have better now so probably won't use it. But, I thought of how much trouble I had in getting anything from it all those years ago and how it worked perfectly today. Same vape, I changed.

Gunky

So you are a hitch-hiker in the back seat of a car. The fellow in the driver's seat is a wild man with a lead foot. He always wants to go too fast. The person in the front passenger seat points out that the vehicle is going close to 90 mph in a 65 mph zone. "That's all right," says the driver, "if I bend this speedometer needle over like so, we never go over 65." The front passenger, a Republican, considers it and nods, "Yeah, that sounds about right." In the back seat, you are wondering how the cops will regard this arrangement.

Last edited:

Tranquility

So you are a hitch-hiker in the back seat of a car. The fellow in the driver's seat is a wild man with a lead foot. He always wants to go too fast. The person in the front passenger seat points out that the vehicle is going close to 90 mph in a 65 mph zone. "That's all right," says the driver, "if I bend this speedometer needle over like so, we never go over 65." The front passenger, a Republican, considers it and nods, "Yeah, that sounds about right." In the back seat, you are wondering how the cops will regard this arrangement.
I "liked" it because it made me think. However, my random thoughts on the analogy went to money. Speed is spending and the cops are government. The cops would not only allow the arrangement--they demand it.

Tranquility,
Reactions: vapirtoo

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
So if you'd have told me in 1971 that in the future I would spend large amounts of dollars on devices that aid in the consumption of cannabis, I'd have wanted what you were smoking.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Sometimes I am driving alone, and the car suddenly smells like someone farted, even though I am absolutely sure it wasn’t me (girls don’t fart, duh). Where is it coming from??
Granted, it often happens while I am in NJ, but still WTF is that? (I grew up in NJ and therefore allowed).

The random smell is occasionally weed, which is probably just wishful thinking.

BHOMG

And why don't people say 'goodbye' when ending a telephone conversation in films & T.V?

So often when I'm watching something, I'll see people talking on the phone and when they finish what they're saying they just hang up. No "you take care, bye!". No pleasantries at all. It's more like dropping the fecking mic! I mean, who does that? It's so rude!

I don't get it. And maybe this is just me.

It's the little things :uhh:

MuchLove!
:peace:
Definitely not just you! If someone just hung up at any point mid-call I'd text or call to confirm it didn't drop, haha.

Top Bottom