Random thoughts

The blood of roughly 500K preventable deaths is on his hands, just for Covid alone. Something that rarely gets mentioned.

Sadly, Trumpism will outlive Trump. And his veep pick is heir apparent (or, should we say... herr apparent)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have my doubts about how much support the little fascist is gonna get moving forward after his feckless leader is beaten. He only became a senator because Peter Thiel bought him his seat. He has no political experience and he really doesn't have much support of his own to speak of. What he has is the Heritage Foundation behind him. This man would be the Heritage Foundation project 2025 president, and I think America may have figured that one out. Frankly, the 2025 project coming out into the public space when it did may be what has saved us from a Trump Presidency, assuming we've been saved. It was certainly a factor that helped. I imagine, unless Vance, shows some political skills and reason for existing other than providing support to Donald Trump, he will likely not be reelected to the Senate and slip away into also ran category. Or at least we can hope for that.

florduh

Sadly, Trumpism will outlive Trump. And his veep pick is heir apparent (or, should we say... herr apparent)

Yeah, that's the rub. And it will be used as an excuse for the opposition Party to offer very little.

"We have to focus on defeating fascism. Don't ask for too much improvement on the current conditions in this country. What...do you want the Bad Guys to win? You MUST vote for our mediocre war criminal candidate. There's NO other option. To save Democracy".

I imagine, unless Vance, shows some political skills and reason for existing other than providing support to Donald Trump, he will likely not be reelected to the Senate and slip away into also ran category.

I think this is right. Vance is an extremely off-putting fraud. Like Rhonda Santis.

But it's not like the tens of millions of fascist leaning voters are going to disappear. There will still be a market for this trash. If a fascist who isn't an embarrassing dipshit game show host comes on the scene, we're fucked.

After all, the biggest niggle many people have with Trump isn't the fascism. It's that he's uncouth. Shit, the Democrats have adopted his fascist 2020 immigration policy. They're just promising to carry it out in a woke, gay, college educated fashion.

florduh,
Reactions: Bakin4Life
I imagine, unless Vance, shows some political skills and reason for existing other than providing support to Donald Trump, he will likely not be reelected to the Senate and slip away into also ran category. Or at least we can hope for that.
I like both of you, but in this case, I have to disagree with both of you on this. No rizz at all, but plenty of Thiel $ and ability to string a sentence (of lies) together makes for a formidable opponent.

The only way I can see him *not* being NFIL (next fascist in line) is with an indisputable landslide (like 66%-33%, and +400 EV).
I'm pretty sure Team Fascist will lose soundly in two weeks, based on what I'm seeing, but not by quite that much; certainly not in the EC)

Bakin4Life,
Reactions: florduh

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Unless somebody can teach him how to speak without offending more than half of his audience, I don't think JD Vance has a future in politics. He is tied directly to the 2025 project, And unless it somehow becomes more palatable, that will prevent his reelection and political future. At least I hope it will.

florduh

JD Vance is almost the least popular politician in the country among young people. Losing only to Hillary Clinton :dog:

Gal5-BmXsAAehS5

florduh

Lol, Mayor Pete.

Literally one of the least popular Democrats among young people, and I can tell you why.

The guy's only 4-5 years older than me. Everybody my age or younger went to school with a guy like this. He's been running for President since he was about 9 years old. It's obnoxious. He joined up to go to Afghanistan AFTER the majority of people in my generation knew these wars were bullshit. Because he thought "gay veteran" would be a surefire political winner in the Democratic Party.

He also worked Naval Intelligence...in a landlocked country. And joined a CIA cutout corporation immediately after. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm sure he's more popular among older people who tell their kids, "why can't you be more like Pete. He's such a nice young man and so well-spoken!"

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Literally one of the least popular Democrats among young people, and I can tell you why.

The guy's only 4-5 years older than me. Everybody my age or younger went to school with a guy like this. He's been running for President since he was about 9 years old. It's obnoxious. He joined up to go to Afghanistan AFTER the majority of people in my generation knew these wars were bullshit. Because he thought "gay veteran" would be a surefire political winner in the Democratic Party.

He also worked Naval Intelligence...in a landlocked country. And joined a CIA cutout corporation immediately after. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm sure he's more popular among older people who tell their kids, "why can't you be more like Pete. He's such a nice young man and so well-spoken!"
He’s also the least hated politician on the list too! Seems like a nice and smart enough guy but all I remember about him is he’s bland and is really into infrastructure.

On a related note, I wonder how my class’s person who dreamed of being president is doing. Last I saw she was lawyering her way through my state’s bureaucracy. I keep expecting to see her name pop up in one of our primaries since she was never the type of person to quit on a dream. Or a losing argument about semantics.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm a big fan of Secretary Pete. He will be president one day, and we will be better for it. In the mean time, he seems to be doing a pretty good job spending that infrastructure money that President Biden got passed. Lot of highway and bridge construction getting done. Sure needs it.

By the way, have you ever seen him on Fox News? The man has skills.

cybrguy,

florduh

If I was gonna pick a Brandon Admin official to run for President, it would be the only person I recognize as the current sitting President: Federal Trade Commission Chairwoman Lina Khan.

GagC0hAW4AEvXni

Many MAGA Hogs begrudgingly like Khan. Because she is doing Class Warfare that directly and immediately benefits most Americans. Plus...Lina being the President would make Mark Cuban cry.

If Lina Khan has a million fans, I am among them. If she has one fan, it is me. If she has no fans, I am dead and gone.

florduh,
Top Bottom