Random thoughts

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Pro Tip
FXkhmTYWAAYPlWm

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Steven King wrote his story with Christine being a 1958 Plymouth Fury. Two-toned, red with a white top as seen in the movie.

In real history, Christine could not have existed. Chrysler would not offer a Fury in that trim and color combination until 1959. Christine was actually a '58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe in the movie, but of course Fury sounded better.

ChooChooCharlie

While on walk, passed a blind guy with a white cane. He heard me walk by and asked for directions to the trolley station. Said he had gotten turned around and a bit lost. So, I walked with him a few blocks to the station

He asked for basic orientation, as he knew the city. I reflexively raised my voice for some weird reason, saying loudly, "the bay and West is to the right..." I even pointed stupidly

Immediately caught myself and lowered my volume the rest of the way. Imagine he thought to himself, as he probably does many times, "thanks, pal, but I'm blind, not deaf!"

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Amazon is amazing.
Somehow they were able to go back in time and talk to music artists from the 60's and 70's. They said " We need you to record a second, shittier "B" version of all your biggest hits, then put them into storage where no one knows they exist. This way when people use our Echo devices in the 21st century, we can play that shittier version for those who have not paid for the higher priced Amazon music account.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I am noticing a drop in customer service. Its not any one industry or company. I'm wondering if I am the only one feeling this way.

Everything from pizza delivery, streaming services to travel arrangements and more. It's been happening so often that I'm not surprised when it happens anymore. I expect it. Support staff that shouldn't be, more accent issues than in the past and a lack of professionalism.

My favorites so far have been the baby crying AND dog barking on one call, angry, tired, unhappy agents, and the rooster that crowed every time the person on the other end of line spoke. I couldn't believe my own ears when I heard myself say "Could you do something about the rooster crowing every time you speak?" I thought about adding it was hard enough to understand what he was saying what with the static on the line and his accent so the last thing we need is a rooster who wants to join the conversation but I didn't. I'm sure he was aware.

I have heard/read that the cause is everything from..... its the great resignation, the unemployment rate is so low, companies aren't treating the employee as they should or aren't paying enough, people don't want to work, covid, politics and inflation have stressed out people......

florduh

I am noticing a drop in customer service. Its not any one industry or company. I'm wondering if I am the only one feeling this way.

Everything from pizza delivery, streaming services to travel arrangements and more. It's been happening so often that I'm not surprised when it happens anymore. I expect it. Support staff that shouldn't be, more accent issues than in the past and a lack of professionalism.

My favorites so far have been the baby crying AND dog barking on one call, angry, tired, unhappy agents, and the rooster that crowed every time the person on the other end of line spoke. I couldn't believe my own ears when I heard myself say "Could you do something about the rooster crowing every time you speak?" I thought about adding it was hard enough to understand what he was saying what with the static on the line and his accent so the last thing we need is a rooster who wants to join the conversation but I didn't. I'm sure he was aware.

I have heard/read that the cause is everything from..... its the great resignation, the unemployment rate is so low, companies aren't treating the employee as they should or aren't paying enough, people don't want to work, covid, politics and inflation have stressed out people......

I’ve definitely noticed it and have heard other people saying the same.

The rooster is a bit much. But my feeling on the matter is we’re receiving the exact level of service their employers are paying for.

I haven’t worked customer service jobs for about 10 years now. But I can tell you, on the other end of the desk/phone… customers have been getting worse for a while now too. Way before COVID.

Despite shitty employers underpaying people, I do tend to think it costs nothing to be polite. It takes just as much energy to be polite as it does to be rude. That’s easier said than done though if you’ve just been cussed out by multiple members of the most coddled, pampered generations this planet has ever seen for enforcing company policies you had no part in creating.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I hang out at a large high end mall while my mother does chemo and there’s not one person in the entire mall working, you can walk from store to store, kiosk to kiosk peering in and everyone is playing on their cell phones.

florduh

There's a big push to get remote workers "back to the office". The biggest reason behind this is to prop up the commercial real estate industry. Because if no one's in those offices, they're pretty worthless. And the value of that commercial real estate is what sets the price of surrounding residential real estate.

Some CEO's have been deriding remote workers. Saying they "pretend to work". For the most part, I think these people can suck my dick from the back. But there is some truth to this. There's a lot of people in big metro areas making 150k per year for doing MAYBE 3 hours of actual work per week. I'm not even mad about it. Seems like as good a scam as any in our scam economy. But I don't really understand how it's sustainable.

It's not really any different in the office though, with most email jobs. The actual work to bullshitting ratio is wild there too. Although, I've worked somewhat closely with the CEO's of two Fortune 100 companies in the past. For all their whining or bragging about working "90 hours per week", a huge percentage of that "work" is answering emails from the back of a comped, chauffeured car on the way to or from comped 5 star meals.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
For all their whining or bragging about working "90 hours per week", a huge percentage of that "work" is answering emails from the back of a comped, chauffeured car on the way to or from comped 5 star meals.
Most of those poor souls are even on the clock whilst they are fine wining and dining..
But hey, what can i say...
it is, after all, their clock isn't it!

For the most part, I think these people can suck my dick from the back.

ROFL btw

Last edited:

florduh

Most of those poor souls are even on the clock whilst they are fine wining and dining..

One of the CEO's liked to say "he starts work a 6 AM everrrry morning". No he didn't. His chauffered car picked him up at 6AM to take him to a comped private gym.

And I know, I know. They have so much "responsibility". Setting aside that "responsibility" isn't a synonym for "work"... responsibility assumes there will be consequences for running a company into the ground. But when that happens, they almost always land on their feet. They don't end up in poverty like the workers who got laid off due to their stupidity.

Top Bottom