Random thoughts

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My first real job (Junior in high school) was working in a bakery on the weekends from mid-night till 8am making rolls and bagels for $20 an hour. Worst conditions I ever worked in but I loved that job. Everyone working those hours was way older than me....but we were all equally high on something. What was making everyone happy was age based.....over 30 it was booze, 25 to 29 it was coke/heroin and under 25 it could be anything from LSD to weed. The owner couldn't care less what went on as long as the baking got done each night....was quite the party...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My first job was pumping gas. Don't remember the pay, but I remember you got a commission for every can of oil you sold. Needless to say, if I checked your oil, it was down a quart. I think you could still buy regular leaded for 69 cents a gallon. I'm sure some of you old farts remember it cheaper than that. :razz:

I also remember there was a way you could pack some weed into the opening of the key you used to start the pumps. If you held the key like you hitting a bat, you would get a powerful hit with a bic lighter.

My first real job (Junior in high school) was working in a bakery on the weekends from mid-night till 8am making rolls and bagels for $20 an hour. Worst conditions I ever worked in but I loved that job. Everyone working those hours was way older than me....but we were all equally high on something. What was making everyone happy was age based.....over 30 it was booze, 25 to 29 it was coke/heroin and under 25 it could be anything from LSD to weed. The owner couldn't care less what went on as long as the baking got done each night....was quite the party...

I do hear that it is hard on the body, but I think I would have loved being a baker. It looks to be satisfying work.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is the dry herb vaping community even ready for the new wave of DHgate factories posing as artisan boutique craft manufacturers 😂😂

This has been going on for a few years in the concentrate scene but it’s really starting to make its way to dry herb now!

It’s sad cause I know newcomers won’t feel obligated to purchase authentic devices when the knock offs can be had for less money.
People will eventually opt for the fake TinyMights just as they go for fake Peaks; questionable corner cutting materials will be used and the entire market will come under the microscope again as the media has a field day with “the secret dangers of vaping” - sigh!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
get

Robert-in-YEG

So, I am watching Star Trek, the original series, the episode "Who Mourns for Adonais?", and thinking about the plot.

It really just boils down to Adonais not getting laid in 5000 years. Had he not been quite as horny, he would have made a more rational decision.

I wonder if this is what the writer originally intended?

WhoMournsForAdonais0150.jpg

Robert-in-YEG

Am I the only one who hates waiting?

Canpar is a Canadian courier; I've never had a good experience with Canpar. They have a parcel from Planet of the Vapes. The package arrived in Edmonton on Thursday. It went for delivery on Friday, but never arrived. Today Canpar tracking says it would delivered today; hasn't shown up. Some courier has a package, but fucking horrible service.

Robert-in-YEG

Vitolo

Vaporist
Am I the only one who hates waiting?
I didn't mind it.. I liked Bartending better!
262932993-4508219425958891-1462632793922116096-n.jpg

Original meaning of a deck of playing cards:
52 cards for 52 weeks in the year.
2 colors for day and night
4 suits for the 4 seasons and 13 weeks per season.
Twelve court cards representing the 12 months.
If we add each of the cards (ace + ace + ace + ace + two + two + three + seven + eight ... and etc) of the game we will get 364.
The card game is an agricultural calendar that told us about the weeks and the seasons.
With each new season, it was King's week, followed by Queen's week, Jack's and so on until AS week changed seasons and we started over with a new color.
Jokers were used in leap years.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think my favorite holiday drink is a dirty gin martini with a good solid glug of dry vermouth (the opposite of dry), a long dribble of olive juice and a couple olives. I really like those garlic stuffed bastards.

That or dark british ale.

How about you?

Top Bottom