Random thoughts

florduh

13 years ago today, one brave dude became the only person to ever attempt to hold Bush accountable for Iraq.
let george bush GIF

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Don't juggle timeshare reservations while you are stoned! Chances are greater you will mess up.

Rather than own a vacation home, I bought into a timeshare. I have no heirs, so appreciated property handoffs are immaterial. To me it seems people have vacation homes to spend their vacations working on their vacation home. Maintenance is a drag.

This year I had 4 1/2 months in Palm Springs, and a month in Cabo San Jose, So Baja California. My timeshare only allows you to make 1 month reservation at a time , so you have to make successive reservations if you want to stay longer, and they no longer combine them on check-in. I accidentally cancelled one of my month-long reservations at my Palm Springs timeshare, and I'm scrambling to fill-in the month during the busiest time of the year. I'm in Indio near the San Andreas Fault (27 miles away fr PS), now at another timeshare in the group.

View to the North towards Palm Springs
Indio-looking-N.gif

Morning View Into Timeshare: Lazy River & a hot tub
Indio.gif

Between Indio, friends in Vista and Palm Springs, I'm good except for Jan 7 & 8. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Will Glass Coffins ever become popular? Remains to be seen...
I've found my 2 days: I have a contiguous timeshare stay w/o needing to change units. Big sigh of relief! Fewer times I have to handle my huge amount of stuff brought, the better. Why have stuff if you can't bring it everywhere you go?

Last edited:

florduh

Winnie the Pooh has finally been freed from the clutches of the Disney Empire.

FIOUMjnXMAA90EY

I remember they included the OG Winnie the Pooh book on the old iPhones for free. It was laugh out loud funny, to me, as a grown ass man. From what I remember, Disney captured almost none of that.

florduh

Life comes at you quick. 3 years ago today, one of the most perfect pictures in the history of photography was taken.

FJEWA7DVEAE3bo7

Everything about this is perfect. The framing, the color scheme. Down to the puzzled Lincoln, looking down on the whole scene. It should be his official WH portrait. Give the intern who took this a Pulitzer.

I get strong Stanley Kubrick vibes here too. "You've always been the hamberdler, Mr. Torrance."

Here's the story behind it, from the official historical archives:

trump-tweet.png

Great GUYS!

florduh

I was one of the 1st users of the world wide web (www) back in 1994-5. I get the same vibe about the metaverse.

I'm a huge fan of VR. It completely ruined any flat screen first person game for me. Even playing most third person games I usually think, "man, this would be so much better in VR." At $299, I believe the Oculus Quest offers the best value for a gaming console right now. Vr is great... for playing games.

But I don't really get what this whole "metalverse" thing is exactly. I saw some guy bought "real estate" in the mentalverse for millions of dollars. Cool. I bought SkyrimVR for $14.95. It offers me a beautiful, mountainous, 16 square mile plot of virtual land. All to my own. Technically there are NPC neighbors, but they're not so bad (if you're a fellow Nord). How many square feet did that dummy buy for 3 mil?

The best I can say for the whole mentalverse thing is it will hopefully bring in a flood of investment and new users to VR. So we can get more games and headsets. But I simply use virtual reality to take a short vacation from the absurdities of actual reality. So I get a little nervous when I see some those absurdities creeping in. Shit like all these trendy new crypto scams.

The way I'd like to see VR work is: developers make a VR game. I give them money for that game. I guess I just don't get why we have to throw pyramid schemes into the mix. It's just American tradition at this point? I'm not saying every guy that was selling zero money down mortgages in 2007 is selling mentalverse NFT's now. But that is the vibe I'm starting to get.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
But I don't really get what this whole "metalverse" thing is exactly.

You don’t see the immense societal value in buying a digital microwave from Walmart with the crypto equivalent of company scrip???

😂😂😂

I'm not saying every guy that was selling zero money down mortgages in 2007 is selling mentalverse NFT's now. But that is the vibe I'm starting to get.

It’s all promoted by the same banking cartel who burst the 2008 housing bubble, finances both sides of all wars, and has controlling interest of every single large corporation in the country, and much of the world.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” - Henry Ford

Top Bottom