Random thoughts

Tranquility

An easy way to test the effectiveness of these masks at halting the transmission of aerosols is to simply exhale a vape hit through one.

YMMV but with all my masks the aerosol went right through. The two guys I saw wearing paint booth respirators seemed like the most powerful option.
A hard way is the Gesunheit (II) machine.
Diagram-of-G-II-exhaled-breath-bioaerosol-collection-system-U-upstream-sampling.png

With the abstract of:
We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A hard way is the Gesunheit (II) machine.
Diagram-of-G-II-exhaled-breath-bioaerosol-collection-system-U-upstream-sampling.png

With the abstract of:
We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

“Our findings indicate that surgical masks can efficaciously reduce the emission of influenza virus particles into the environment in respiratory droplets, but not in aerosols...Among the samples collected without a face mask, we found that the majority of participants with influenza virus and coronavirus infection did not shed detectable virus in respiratory droplets or aerosols”

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I went food shopping over the weekend. I hate leaving the house these days but a man's gotta do what a man gotta do when the cupboards are bare (especially when the wife tells him so and promises to make his favorite dinner if he picks up the ingredients :nod:).

What bugged me was the guy who had no mask who started wheeling my cart away instead of his own while I was looking for something in the same isle. When I told him he had the wrong cart he smiled and said "sorry about that". I was wearing a mask and I waited till he was 6 feet from my cart before I took out my hand sanitizer wipes and gave the cart a wipe down. As he was leaving the isle he said loud enough for me to hear "People are making this virus thing out to be so much worse than it really is".

I decided not long ago that I was just gonna do what I think is right and leave others to their own ideas. People suck sometimes and I've come to the conclusion I can't change that.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I decided not long ago that I was just gonna do what I think is right and leave others to their own ideas. People suck sometimes and I've come to the conclusion I can't change that.
You can only control yourself, but I am not shy about telling people around me to get back and social distance. While I have had several eyerolls and a few rude comments, nobody has yet refused to do it. Not looking forward to the potential asshole tho, and how I respond is gonna be entirely based on the reality at the moment.
I got my Solo2, beer and ukulele as I sit out back.
If you love the Uke I hope you know this guy. He is outstanding...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, you HAVE an asshole. What makes you think its your most outstanding characteristic or the lens through which others see you?

I have seen no evidence of that, but I suppose you could provide us with other mitigation factors... :p

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
When I lived in Costa Rica in the late 70's, my postal address was "6th house South of the "El Retiro" Apartments, in the Granada Neighborhood, San Pedro, San Jose Costa Rica". San Pedro was a suburban area next to San Jose. Literally, the directions to the house in which I lived.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I will try to translate one thought,hopefully it doesn get lost in it.
We are all alike in how different we are. / The one thing we have in common is how different we are .
Sense is gonna get shifted with tone if it is positive or negative,but that's cool cause it leaves us with more angles to view on it :).

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The rocket launch today had me fired up! My heart was pounding. What a feeling as a spectator watching on TV. I can only imagine. It felt like I was watching a sci-fi movie.
Haha it was great feeling ! Hopefully those travel destinations gets affordable enough in our lifetimes :D.. I really would like to vape on the Moon while looking at our home :)..
It reminded me of this long forgotten dnb gem :)

TeeJay1952

Suppose intead of prison we sentence folks to gain weight with increasing amounts for greater offences. Makes spotting and catching criminals easy. Reduces cost of incarceration. Or pehaps a denial of Universal Healthcare for varying lenths of time.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: vapirtoo

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Suppose intead of prison we sentence folks to gain weight with increasing amounts for greater offences. Makes spotting and catching criminals easy. Reduces cost of incarceration. Or pehaps a denial of Universal Healthcare for varying lenths of time.

Hmmmm......the weight gain method might encourage hungry people to commit crime lol.

The denial of health care may not have much effect on white collar or fat cat criminals and possibly hungry people either. :twocents:

TheThriftDrifter,

TeeJay1952

If you are hungry enough you are already predisposed or should be.
Healthcare is either limited or expensive. A full hospital bill would not phase Bill Gates but anyone without 100's of thousands saved might give pause.

TeeJay1952,
Top Bottom