Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

acidgreen

Purple-Days said:
Wood sometimes misbehaves, get in touch with the manufacturer regarding warranty issues. Asking a forum, that can't help you, in any way, seems pointless or redundant. :cool:
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure you've seen people post about every issue they could have in this thread. I was only looking for advice... which you gave me. I'll contact the manufacturer directly. ;)

acidgreen,

Purple-Days

No offense, It's just not something that can be resolved on a forum. And we aren't always looking. Customer to MFG we can work it out, but some folks like to get in the middle, ^^^ . . . :2c: :peace:

Purple-Days,

Screwdriver

Purple-Days said:
No offense, It's just not something that can be resolved on a forum. And we aren't always looking. Customer to MFG we can work it out, but some folks like to get in the middle, ^^^ . . . :2c: :peace:
Sorry I offended you...It was not my intention, no matter what you think......

Screwdriver,

oohcow

Okay. so ... After about 5 months of waiting... I finally got my purple days. I actually got it a couple days ago but have spent the last 24 hours playing with my new toy.

It is stealthy as I need it to be. The best personal vape I have come across.. I smoke throughout the day with people and have an extremely high tolerance level ( i was going to take a break butthen the PD came...I love it!) So i was skeptical about the .025 bowl... Lemme tell you... im going to buy 3 more straws cuz if i load 6 of these up... I forget what i was doing!

I am in love with teh fact that is warm when you touch it... it will keep me hands warm in the winter! Fuck yes.

I cannot wait to attach my roor to dis thing shit.. I saw dat sum1 had 2 of deez thangs n i dint kno Y but now I want another one .. this thing is soooooo badass... Thanks dude for making this thang.... I was an impatient man... but the wait was well worth it.... I mean i tried alot of different vapes and i really like the volcano and i got one of those too? I dunNO how 2 mke a cool signature or n e thang but this one is up there. as the best personal vape.. fa sho. YOU CAN ACTUALLY FEEL THE VAPOR like... thats what alot of smaller vapes r missing fa SHO.

You da best man keep on doin ya thang and makin deez kill ass medicating devices... keep flowin

PEACEout G

oohcow,

br34kthr0ugh

Hello, I have just received my PD recently. Where I live, cannabis is very expensive ($25/g for generic good quality, known as heddies around here, much more for better shit), so the majority of the time we only have access to cheaper, low quality stuff. It seems like I am only getting 1 okay hit and then the stuff is beat, and I'm lucky to get a 2nd hit, even though the pack is virtually full.

Could it be the low quality of the weed that is not giving much good hits? I also have Da Buddha in here because I very often smoke with 2-3 or more people, and it works very well on giving great hits with the same weed (although admittedly 5-6x more amount per pack), and so far I am sort of disappointed with the quality of hits I'm getting. Should I try some good stuff or has anybody else had low amount of hits from bad bud?

br34kthr0ugh,

shantytown007

The number of hits I get totally depends on the quality- low quality- 1-2 hits, generic KB- 3-4 hits, headdies- 4-6 hits, Keef tipped- +2-3 hits.

shantytown007,

indigal

Amongst the corn
br34kthr0ugh said:
Hello, I have just received my PD recently. Where I live, cannabis is very expensive ($25/g for generic good quality, known as heddies around here, much more for better shit), so the majority of the time we only have access to cheaper, low quality stuff. It seems like I am only getting 1 okay hit and then the stuff is beat, and I'm lucky to get a 2nd hit, even though the pack is virtually full.

Could it be the low quality of the weed that is not giving much good hits? I also have Da Buddha in here because I very often smoke with 2-3 or more people, and it works very well on giving great hits with the same weed (although admittedly 5-6x more amount per pack), and so far I am sort of disappointed with the quality of hits I'm getting. Should I try some good stuff or has anybody else had low amount of hits from bad bud?
I had some lower-grade stuff once, not many visible trichs at all= not much of a hit.. So yeah, if the bud is schwag, you won't get the results you are reading about here. Save the schwags for cooking, or using in the DBV. Use hi-test crystally stuff in the PD & don't forget to save the ABV for making other treats.

indigal,

br34kthr0ugh

Thank you for the reply. That was my assumption as well. Wish it was more effective for lower quality stuff, but at least I have another vaporizer for that that will get me great hits.

I'd gladly save the good quality ABV...but low quality ABV is completely not worth it.

br34kthr0ugh,

badjuju

flying high
Never spend money on low quality bud unless it's for baking is my motto. Also, saving ABV is always advisable because even if there is only a little THC left you still want to get your money's worth so use it all up every last crystal. The PD is a highly efficient unit but of course it can't vape what isn't there that's why burning is the only option for low quality bud if you're smoking it (again I think the only option for low quality bud is baking :2c:). If I were you I'd look into getting my medicine elsewhere because those prices are horrendous. Best of luck!

badjuju,

shantytown007

FWIW, I think the PD makes 'Brown Frown' quite a bit tastier (well, vs combustion); but I agree- better off in baked goods, spliff filler, or in the SSV (or other higher capacity vape).

shantytown007,

Hi, You have a great product! Any idea approximately when vapenow is going to receive any purple days from you? Id like to order two and i know they go very quickly. Thanks 777

tomitface

Hello again Tom, Pammy, and fellow vapor enthusiasts. I have been away from the forum from quite awhile and have spent literally the past three or four days catching up on what i have missed. The brief discussion warm water PD bong hit has heightened the pleasure of my vaping experience. CD's glass stems were amazing also, and its unfortunate that i believe i may have missed that train. Recently while spilling a cup of cinnamon ginger tea onto myself i knocked my bong over and cracked the down-stem rendering it close to useless. (i can finagle it to still be almost airtight if i use one hand to put pressure on the down-stem as i hold the PD with my other)

At first i kept a cool mentality remembering a link that lwien had sent to me more than a couple months back of an excellent, and more than affordable glass beaker that would have been PERFECT for the hot water vaping experience i have come to default too. To my dismay it appears that the product has been discontinued from the website, or at least moved to a different place where the tomita has not been able to discover yet. Any insight or suggestions into something which could suit my needs, and not break my bank (no RooR's basically :/ ). Also i was wondering if there possibly anybody had any news of CD's glass stems being manufactured again, or if there's another glass stem maker lurking in the forums somewhere.

:peace:

Btw - Thank you Pammy for your top quality customer care as always, and the car charger arrived i believe the day after i emailed you :cool:

tomitface,

lwien

tomitface said:
To my dismay it appears that the product has been discontinued from the website, or at least moved to a different place where the tomita has not been able to discover yet.
HVY Mini-Beaker is still on Aqualabs site.

lwien,

tomitface

let me look again. I archived back and clicked on the original link you sent me back in the day.

tomitface,

tomitface

hmph, i don't see anything quite like that thus far, at least not one that meets PD specifications. and isnt under $165 :2c:

tomitface,

Purple-Days

From what Pammy tells me (she and CD talk) he is having computer difficulties (i-phone only) and landlord difficulties etc. but when he gets things set he will be back making more of his beautiful stuff.

Long day doing oily metalwork. Looking at getting this batch out some day this week.

Purple-Days,

tomitface

interesting.

Btw, Tom...in one of your earlier (way) posts i saw that you had a tweed fender blues deluxe. That's an awesome amp i had one myself for about half a year (reissue) but decided to sell it because i live in an apartment where i can't crack it past three without the neighbors calling the cops on me (good ol class A tubes.) I'm currently playing through a Fender Blues jr or my Roland Micro Cube and id recommended them both to most individuals.

tomitface,

Purple-Days

I never get close to it's potential, crap, for 40W it is loud! Yes, this is a re-issue. But, I love the tone. The pseudo tube sound of digital emulation just pales in comparison. This is my first ever tube job (as I have always been primarily a bassist, currently using a 100W G-K Backline solid state for bass and keys).

I recently installed a set of Fender '69 re-issue pickups (initialed and dated by Abby the famous pick-up winder for Fender) in my Strat. Strange, almost soft, grey bobbin material... wow the tone difference from the American Standard, stock pick-ups is hard to believe. A lot fuller, better bottom and top.

Purple-Days,

tomitface

very cool. Im sportin a 2008 American Strat with a maple neck in a new colored issued as of 2008. I forget the name but its sorta blue gunmetal, and at one point was a custom color for Eric Clapton. I actually just switched out the standard American pickguard with my friends, as he has vintage noisless pickups and a S1 selector (gives my strat 7 variations of pickup combination's, as opposed to 5).

how much did those 69's cost ya?

edit: I personally like the noisless pickups. Hendrix once said that "Noiseless pickups are toneless pickupsy", Eric Clapton would disagree, as they have been a steady addition to his stage and studio workhorses throughout the years. People seem to really either like these or hate them. Ive always had intentions of putting Texas specials in this or another strat eventuality as well.

What this has to do with the active anti combustion act, or the purple days diffuser....well it has nothing to do with it. Where i came from (the womb) random music jarign always has its place on a forum. :2c: :|

P.S. i don't know how i missed your post, but thank you again lwien. :D

On a side note. the word apparatus is awesome, and can be used (basically thrown on the end of) in just about everything if you think hard enough, and with a little twisting of the English language communication apparatus.

tomitface,

Purple-Days

Music is the best. :cool:

This is 2010 American Standard Strat, made in Corona California, of course. 3 tone Sunburst with Rosewood. I really fell in love with the new Sienna Sunburst color, till I found out it was an Ash body (not obvious at first), I wanted Alder. So I went with the traditional sunburst.

I prefer Rosewood over Maple. No I can't give a specific reason, it's just tradition with me, all my instruments have been Rosewood or Ebony fretboards, except my current fretless 5 string which is a man-made composite fretboard (black of course, even the body is composite, Bartolini's of course).

Back to the Strat, within the first hours of owning it I had changed out the strings. Fender sent a Dozen sets of Fender strings, I give them away as gifts. Fender strings are nickel plated, Ernie Ball's are Nickel and have been my string of choice for many years.

Next I got rid of the damper on the back.

Next was blocking the bridge. I never use a whammy and the tone difference after blocking was a big improvement. If you don't use a whammy, get it done (I did my own)

Then after all that I was drooling over the '69 Abby's. Pammy says it's my dream Strat, get 'em. $150 at Musicians friend. Abby doesn't wind them, but they are wound in the custom shop under her supervision and she inspects and signs off on them. Well matched (by my meter) and slightly (barely) lower value than specs (which is the direction I would prefer). They are not noiseless by any means. But worth every penny.

The next project, is to line the tub and back of the guard with copper foil, next string change. I sit close to my amps and the G-K seems to be the big culprit in noise making.

I have a wonky bottom tone pot (came from the factory that way) and when I replace it I may change out the caps at the same time. I love tinkering with guitars.

I really can't disagree with Hendrix. Each person has his own idea of what his guitar should sound like and if EC likes his sound... well it's his thing. If somebody wants to sound like him, well that's their thing. I don't hate the noiseless sound, it's just not my thing.

There are so many things other than pick-ups that make up the final tone, but if you want that Hendrix/Strat sound these '69 Abby's are a good start. :2c:

BTW I stuck the 2010 Fender pick-ups in my Chinese Strat clone. They sound like crap, not because they are crap, but the difference in tonewood and a smaller student scale body etc. make them sound like cheap Chinese pick-ups. So it really is more than just pick-ups.

+++

Well I better get to work. Flaring stainless tubes this morning and building 60 heat exchangers. I'll start assembly of the next 30 units for Vapenow.com this afternoon. Shipping someday this week.

Purple-Days,

SacaLaMota

Hello all, while thinking about what I wanna do with all this ABV I have collected... I am thinking of an easy way to process it into butane honey oil... anyhow, here's my thoughts and maybe Tom or some one with more experience with butane and polypropelene. First, pack the entire tube up from screen to mouthpiece end with ABV, tamping a little as you pack to keep it even. Then, cap the mouthpiece with something that accepts the butane receptacle and wash as necessary. This way, your tubes get cleaned without having to evaporate the rubbing alcohol from washing them as well! Any thoughts on if the material of the tubes will leech into the butane??

SacaLaMota,

Purple-Days

I don't have a clue about BHO. What are the bodies of Bic lighters made of?

I'm not offering any evidence or suggestion.

I think the purest ethanol (that you can get) is best (FOR CLEANING). Remember, concentration/distillation is a higher category offense, like moonshining . ;)

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Just make brownies with the ABV, it's simple and you won't be disappointed. Some great recipe tips in this forum in the "general" section; a specific thread devoted to ABV brownies.

jeffp,
Top Bottom