Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Awesome description bro :)

Welcome to the family lwien...I couldn't imagine a day without my PD :ko: best electronic device I own

if you haven't already gotten a billy-bowl then I would highly suggest picking one up. Really gives a nice friend for your PD to live with ;)

:peace:

p.s.
Hey Tom,
I dont know if you saw the E-mail I sent you yesterday....I was just wondering if you had read it or it got caught up in the dreaded 'spam' folder :uhoh:

Hennessy1414,

lwien

Yeah. Got the Billy Bowl. Purty.

btw, forgot to mention one thing. So I went thru a stem in 3 good hits, and got pretty toasted. What shocked me was when I blew out the abv in a shot glass. FUCKinA !!! There was hardly anything there. Seemed like just a few grains. Man, and here I thought my VG was efficient. WOW !!!

When I sucked the bud in the stem, I had no idea how much filled the bowl. Amazing..........

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
those grains add up quickly :D Make sure to save that duff...makes a delicious cake with the duff-oil added

:peace: & ;pd;

Hennessy1414,

lwien

Yeah, been saving the VG duff. Gonna run the PD duff thru the VG before I add it to the VG duff. MUSICAL DUFFS !!

Thinkin' about going the firecracker route, but cake sounds good too.

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
Hmmm..........first night I really got to spend some time with the PD. The only other vape that I've had was a Genie, and that's all I've used for the past month and half/2 months, and I had no idea what I was missing. What I was missing, was the flavor of the bud. The VG just masked it with a very woody taste.
I'm in the same boat you were in with the VG, (salivating over your 1st day with the PD, for which I will soon be experiencing myself) and I completely agree it has an aweful taste and takes alot of vaping before it mellows. I also have a 14mm vaporbuddy attachment bowl for my glass on glass beaker and the hits and flavor kick ass, though like the VG it takes some practice. Going from the nasty flavor IMHO of VG pipe to the PD im sure is flavor heaven.

Forgive my ignorance and failure to search but whats the billy bowl? Also on the duff topic whats the recommended extraction method for baking oil? Will the darker duff or accidentally combusted particles ruin the flavor?

captainhits,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
whaaaaa you bought a PD and you didnt even read the 90 page long user manual :o

just playing around but, all that info is on the purple days web site. Shit you must have really bought your PD from what others said :lol: or so it seems because looking over the PD website is pretty interesting.

http://purple-days.com/All_Products.html (billy bowls)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Ben

I'm happy to read you being happy with your PD lwien ... I remember the different steps you're mentionning, I was just like you ... " wow : flavour" .... "wow : that high with such a tiny amount" :o:p

Just like if Santa Claus would have suddenly stated : "Now, It's going to be Christmas everyday"!
Yeux10.gif
:lol:

Ben,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
Just took all the advice given here. Dry, fine ground high-quality bud
When you guys talk about dry do you mean bone dry or just properly cured and ground??

If I'm beginning with already properly cured herb and grinding it; and then if I leave the ground herb unsealed even for a few hours it gets 'bone' dry to the point that if it were combusted/smoked (before we all vaped) you would choke on the 'staleness' as I call it. For this reason I have an aversion to letting my herb get bone dry.

Has anyone done any blind studies as to the optimal degree of herb dryness using the PD?

captainhits,

Honey Bear

I have an SSV, and I am seriously considering selling it in order to buy a PD. After doing a lot of reading, I am sure that the PD suits me better in every way except for maybe the large group setting. I have read separate anecdotes of the two vaporizers performing in group settings, but would love to get a bit more of a comparison.

So, in a group setting with 6-8 people, does it take drastically longer to get everyone in the circle to the point of at least feeling high with the PD than it does with the SSV?
If you really make an effort, say by alternating packed vapor tubes and whatnot, can the PD actually be quite effective in a large group setting?

Much Thanks.

Honey Bear,

lwien

All I can tell you is my experience. I took a properly cured high-end medical grade bud, put it in a shot glass, and set it on top of heater, which I set to go on and off for about an hour. I then went out for a run (about an hour) and came back.................Whoa...........The WHOLE place smelled of bud. Thought I'd get a contact high just from walking in the front door. Pulled that glass off the heater, and the bud was bone, crackling dry although still sticky. Put it through the grinder, and then in a shot glass to get hit by the scissors for a really fine grind.

That is what I put in the PD for the description above.

lwien,

lwien

Honey Bear said:
I have an SSV, and I am seriously considering selling it in order to buy a PD. After doing a lot of reading, I am sure that the PD suits me better in every way except for maybe the large group setting. I have read separate anecdotes of the two vaporizers performing in group settings, but would love to get a bit more of a comparison.

So, in a group setting with 6-8 people, does it take drastically longer to get everyone in the circle to the point of at least feeling high with the PD than it does with the SSV?
If you really make an effort, say by alternating packed vapor tubes and whatnot, can the PD actually be quite effective in a large group setting?

Much Thanks.
I would think that if you gave everyone their own stem, that it would be fine in group setting. With high grade bud and a normal tolerance level, one can get a nice buzz going from one stem.

Don't have or ever vaped out of an SSV, so I can't compare.

lwien,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i have used it in groups of up to four people, the pd can hanle it but its realy designed much more for personal use

if you already have an ssv you should keep it and still get a pd, the ssv is a much better group vape or a vape fro when you wnant to get blasted and the pd makes an excelent workhorse everyday vape

the reason dry herb is reccommended is because moister herb has water in it. water slows own the vaporization process because it has to evaporate off the but before any vapor can be produced, so dryer herb will usually work better, and give better hits

Acolyte of Zinglon,

georgesbataille

as a fella that's been smoking regularly for 9 years and just this past week discovered the vape world, i gotta say that i am excited about the coming weeks. i have been hitting my volcano classic all weekend, and am just blown away. i have an ssv coming to me this week and i can't wait to play with that next! but, i am most excited for purple days to take new orders so i can put one in for myself. wow, i'll have purchased three vaporizers within a month! i'm kinda making up for all of the lost time i suppose...

georgesbataille,

lwien

Three questions:

How often do you guys Buzz Butter your PD ?
How do you apply it, fingers or towel, or both. ?
Do you apply it when the PD is warm, or cold ?

lwien,

Ben

lwien said:
Three questions:

once a month ...
both
warm

:cool:

Ben,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have used a PD with groups as well as my friends ssv, i agree AOZ 150%, get both.. then you can run your PD avb through your SSV for those rainy days. I love my PD for everyday use but the lung splitting hits the SSV can give you make me smile every time. If my friend didnt have a SSV i would have sold cano for one awhile ago.

Survivalism,

max

Out to lunch
captainhits said:
lwien said:
When you guys talk about dry do you mean bone dry or just properly cured and ground??

If I'm beginning with already properly cured herb and grinding it; and then if I leave the ground herb unsealed even for a few hours it gets 'bone' dry to the point that if it were combusted/smoked (before we all vaped) you would choke on the 'staleness' as I call it. For this reason I have an aversion to letting my herb get bone dry.

Has anyone done any blind studies as to the optimal degree of herb dryness using the PD?
You may not find the same staleness with the PD captainhits. Then again you may. I'd try it in your preferred state, then take it a step drier. Find the right balance of taste and vaping efficiency. How much you put in the tube is also a factor.

Also on the duff topic whats the recommended extraction method for baking oil? Will the darker duff or accidentally combusted particles ruin the flavor?
There are a couple of good threads in the General discussion section on reusing vaped bud.

Honey Bear said:

I think the answer depends somewhat on your definition of "drastically longer" and "at least feeling high". Also depends on what your group is used to. If your preference is bong size hits impatience can come into play with the PD. The SSV can process a lot more vapor per hit. If you want to fully cover your bases I'd keep the SSV and add the PD. I'm a PD kind of vaper for the most part, but I'd hate to give up my SSV.

georgesbataille said:
i'll have purchased three vaporizers within a month! i'm kinda making up for all of the lost time i suppose...
You make me feel better about my overindulgence with vapes. ;)

lwien said:
Once every week or two for me.

I use a thumb. :tup:

Mine's always warm. :)

max,

Honey Bear

Interesting...
I am now very much on the fence.
One other issue: I always run my SSV through water, for those who sometimes vape through water and sometimes hit the PD straight, is the latter irritating? For those who only hit the PD, do you have any issues with throat irritation? And finally, how easy is it to mod the PD to hit through water, and does anyone find this worth the trouble?
Thanks all.

Honey Bear,

lwien

Honey Bear said:
For those who only hit the PD, do you have any issues with throat irritation?
I think that depends on how you hit it. I hit it like a long slow hit on a joint by taking in air along with the vapor. No throat irritation whatsoever.

I would imagine that if you suck on the stem like you would do with a straw in a drink, the vapor would be much warmer and therefore, possibly more irritating.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Throat irritation varies with the user. Like lwien said, how hard you hit is a big factor. For me, vapes with large airways that put a lot of air in my throat bother me more than the short tube on the PD. Also using your mouth as a carb- "taking in air along with the vapor"- can modulate your hits quite effectively. You can also add a piece of SSV size tubing to lengthen the PD tube. Can't really comment on using the PD with a bong, but it can and has been done.

max,

NoSmoke

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i have used it in groups of up to four people, the pd can hanle it but its realy designed much more for personal use

if you already have an ssv you should keep it and still get a pd, the ssv is a much better group vape or a vape fro when you wnant to get blasted and the pd makes an excelent workhorse everyday vape

the reason dry herb is reccommended is because moister herb has water in it. water slows own the vaporization process because it has to evaporate off the but before any vapor can be produced, so dryer herb will usually work better, and give better hits
cant put it any better then that I 100% agree also the SSV is nice for vaping your pd remains so i read, never tried it myself though.

NoSmoke,

Vape4therestofmylife

captainhits said:
lwien said:

you want it as dry as it can possibly get.

Vape4therestofmylife,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
captainhits said:
lwien said:

Once you get your unit you'll soon realize, the drier, the better.

SpiralArchitect,

lwien

Just be careful about drying out that bud. I live in an apartment. I put a half gram bud in a shot glass on top of a space heater (actually, one of those wall gas heaters). It was 60 degrees outside, so I set the thermostat to 70 and went out for an hour run. Thank GOD I had all my windows closed, because when I came back and walked in the front door, it smelled like I was walking into my mason jar.............:o.

lwien,

duh

Some of us have been waiting for the PD website to come back-up - i.e the lathe part to arrive, work to re-start, etc. Moreover, I'm curious as to the final tests w/the other types of woods and what the offerings might be. Finally, Tom and Pammy, the beginning of April is just hours away, so when I can I get in line to get mine? :D

duh,
Top Bottom