Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
Frickr, If your going to post videos of yourself cheating on your PD with a smelly pipe then i dont wanna see it, ok ?! :lol:

JohnnyVape,

Frickr

JohnnyVape said:
Frickr, If your going to post videos of yourself cheating on your PD with a smelly pipe then i dont wanna see it, ok ?! :lol:
oh come on we all love a dirty video every now and again dont we?:lol:

all this talk about these tubes, makes me want to go sit in my car for about 45 mins.

Frickr,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Hey Frickr, this looks like a very exciting development :cool: I'm just wondering, doesn't the glass get hot? I thought that glass would be a pretty good conductor of heat. I'd be interested in some of these if you decide to make a few.

hazy,

Purple-Days

JohnnyVape, our North American hardwoods are all sustainable and renewable. Our American Cherry grows in mixed hardwood forests in the Eastern USA. Ash which will soon be added to the line-up is another plentiful North American hardwood and makes a great baseball bat, among other uses.

In the early PD days, we used some exotic woods. Most never made it (as PDs) due to density issues, but some worked well. Bocote was one. At one time plentiful in Mexico, it has been over-harvested. While it is still available to us, and an attractive wood, we choose not to use it because of the environmental situation. Our Tea Tree and Taz Blackwoods were both sustainable but our source has dried up and we can't get more.

So, it's only North American sustainable hardwoods.

Frikr, that's pretty slick. :D

I'll give you the exact dimensions on the heat exchanger tube, but warn that a tighter fit makes mating the two parts more difficult with little performance enhancement. It's a 3/8 OD tubing with .035" walls. You can do the decimals while I let you know we use a 9/32" OD vapor tip.

The sauna odor, as a few have described it, including me, dissipates with a little time. Cherry and the other woods we use have a pleasant odor, in the beginning, enhanced by the heat. But like our favorite substance after applying heat and time the odor molecules drift off.

It (odor) was one of the concerns with the black walnut we are testing. It has (possibly) the strongest odor of any of the woods (including the exotics) we have tried. I made one for Pammy, and ran it in a day. I sniffed and wasn't so happy. After two days, ehhh... After three days Pammy took it off the test shelf and declared it her new vape. :rolleyes: After a week or so now, it has no more odor than most other 'newish' PDs and is pleasant. I suspect in a month you won't be able to distinguish it from other woods (by amount of odor).

Edit: Update on the lathe part, UPS tracking says Tuesday, well I'm sure it is going to be faster than 'ground' shipping... So back to more metal work, plastic shaping etc. Not slacking... ;) I promise, I'll be getting any delayed orders out as quick as I can with plenty of long hours.

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
^^
and this is why I preach the PD to people :brow: Look at this dedication to help fellow vaporists' achieve a healthier life. :D and you do it with such enjoyment it seems..another plus. every vape made with love :luv:

The black walnut's odor is possibly decreasing because your getting so used to it :shrug: smelling the same smell over time just makes you used to it and you start to small it as 'normal' smells around your house...at least thats how it works for me ;) You are probably an expert, at this point, on different kinds of wood odors so I'm sure your right about it smelling back to normal :lol:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

hazy said:
Hey Frickr, this looks like a very exciting development :cool: I'm just wondering, doesn't the glass get hot? I thought that glass would be a pretty good conductor of heat. I'd be interested in some of these if you decide to make a few.
yes the tube does get hot at the tip much like the normal tube, but the heat doesnt travel far up the glass.

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
frickr...I don't get any heat on the supplied vapor tube...are you? More importantly, how hot does your glass get? Just warm, or too hot to use...

stickstones,

Frickr

just the tip of my pd stem gets hot. other than the plastic getting hot that it does not. the same with the glass, the bowl itself gets hot, might burn if you hold it on your skin long enough but will just shock you more maybe sting for a bit. but the end is always cool.

i hold my finger against the tube to hold it against the side, and rest it on the top of the pd and that far away from the bowl tip, its just warm.

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey fickr ,
I just wonder where you got those pyrex tubing , what size and brand it is . I know I ask you a lot , but I just bought a lot of glass tubing to make some pd stem and all of them was'nt the right size , so I spent a lot of cash pretty badly :( . I dunno if you can call or ask those question were you bought it I would be MORE THAN HAPPY , I can't wait to make some sick pd stem

Clear_Dome,

Frickr

im not sure where it came from, back in my younger days i was a bit of a hellian and stole some beakers and tubing to make some things, and this is just a bit of tubing i had left over, i will try to find a caliper so i can measure it for you.

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
thanks ! I really wish I can find some cause I know I can make some pd stem , I know how I will make them but I just need the right tubing . as there is no glass store near me , I have to order online and that mean to order a lot and take a chance that it will be ok :/....

Clear_Dome,

Frickr

7mm with 5 mm middle clear_dome, like i said its about as much slop as the normal pd stem so

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
thanks a lot dude ,I just make a request to my pyrex dealer and I will get some 7mm tubing on my way this week ,so I will finaly be able to make some colored pyrex stem :brow: , I'll keep you update

Clear_Dome,

Frickr

i love mine! i just noticed i can see the THC bubbling by the dimples! im attempting to make a video as we speak

Frickr,

prk

CD, I'd definitely be interested in some glass P-D stems, especially if they're colored! I've lurkingly-admired your work in your other thread, and if this would be anything like your other work it'd be fantastic.

prk,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
If you're going to make some CD, I'd like to get a few. Just clear glass without any colours or fancy additions. It would be nice if the ends could be smoothed so there are no sharp edges.

hazy,

jklasd

Hennessy1414 said:
from CD's glass thread
Clear_Dome said:
please don't ask via this post ask via email if you want something !
just to let all of you know.....
i dont think they are actually asking yet, just telling him know that they are there for him to get an idea of how many people want em.

jklasd,

Frickr

hazy said:
If you're going to make some CD, I'd like to get a few. Just clear glass without any colours or fancy additions. It would be nice if the ends could be smoothed so there are no sharp edges.
that parts easy, all you have to do to smooth the edges is to heat the end in a torch and it will polish the glass.

Frickr,

Purple-Days

Thanks Hennesey, it's not for the money. Most of you know I was retired. Yeah, I make some bucks, but mostly it's something to do, and work I enjoy, that I can feel good about and take pride in.

JohnnyVape, thanks, we try.

You guys and your 'sick' glass... (that means really cool CD) Pammy already owns some CD glass pendants and loves them. Can't wait to see what he comes up with for the PD. Sent him some steel vapor tips a while back but I wasn't sure if the steel and the glass could be made to work together.

Frickr, your design is so simple. No need to complicate things I see. :cool:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
jklasd said:
i dont think they are actually asking yet, just telling him know that they are there for him to get an idea of how many people want em.
The point is, we don't need a bunch of "me too" posts derailing this thread.

I've been thinking about a glass bowl/stem since before even trying a PD. Hand worked glass is just beautiful. Functionally though, the stock ss/pp tubes are perfect (unbreakable, very low condensation, odorless) and I can already hear the cries of people breaking glass in the heat exchanger. Not sure I buy glass tasting better... the stock tubes are quite tasteless.

Another cool novelty tube might be a one piece all stainless job. :cool:

vtac,
Top Bottom