Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Not meant that way, just making sure others don't attempt what you have done so well... :D

Possibly a less than perfect jack? Heck, even our suppliers could make a mistake., or us. It is a spring tensioned fit. The fit seems good, mating a Jameco power adapter plug to a Jameco jack. But if there is a difficulty it would be best to take it up with the maker first, whatever maker it is. But that's not meant bad either, just ask and get answers is all we ask. ;)

Sure, you could make the spring have more tension, but 'contact' is what is required, not a firm grip. Like the headphones on your I-Pod, about that kind of tension. This is an electrical contact, not a mechanical fastener.

Sorry, Cannabananbis, none of this should be personal, it's not at you (rather your McGuiver fix), just explaining what we intend, and a possible reason your unit was better handled by us. Hats off, your eyes are better than mine. ;)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Yep that's the one. Part #10081

Not sure what Jameco charges to ship a single power supply.

By the time I get them sent to me (pay shipping), then package and postage to the customer, well you can see we aren't trying to make money selling wall warts. Just offering them as a convenience. :)

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Not sure what Jameco charges to ship a single power supply.
$8.25 UPS for 2 lbs. residential, and $7.50 commercial ($.50 to .80/lb additional). So for one adapter, shipping is as much or more than the product cost. I ordered 3, for easy PD relocation. :)

max,
i just placed my order a few minuets ago cant wait to try it out :peace:

sorry for the pd that is tom it looks and sounds like an wonderful designe cant wait to see the qualiaty in person

mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button to avoid back to back posts.

The Great Stoned One,

cannabananabis

Purple-Days said:
Not meant that way, just making sure others don't attempt what you have done so well... :D

Possibly a less than perfect jack? Heck, even our suppliers could make a mistake., or us. It is a spring tensioned fit. The fit seems good, mating a Jameco power adapter plug to a Jameco jack. But if there is a difficulty it would be best to take it up with the maker first, whatever maker it is. But that's not meant bad either, just ask and get answers is all we ask. ;)

Sure, you could make the spring have more tension, but 'contact' is what is required, not a firm grip. Like the headphones on your I-Pod, about that kind of tension. This is an electrical contact, not a mechanical fastener.

Sorry, Cannabananbis, none of this should be personal, it's not at you (rather your McGuiver fix), just explaining what we intend, and a possible reason your unit was better handled by us. Hats off, your eyes are better than mine. ;)
Don't worry, I took no offense and understand you just want to inform your customers of an activity possibly dangerous to the PD's integrity.

I guessed it was because my PD must've landed directly on the plug numerous times, which is more than a little likely considering I drop it a lot and it sits normally with the logo facing inward and the plug out. I understand that for power to flow all it needs is contact, but previously it was loose and I don't think making contact all the time; sometimes leaving the cord in a certain position for a while and I'd come back to find my PD cold... which by the way is the most disappointing feeling in the world.

You probably know better than I, but it didn't seem like I was putting the clip in real danger, I just used an unfolded paper clip to readjust it - nothing special. Either way, problem solved, but next time I'll ask for advice before working on it myself

cannabananabis,

Purple-Days

A little update from PD Land.

I had a tool break down yesterday. :/ Parts got ordered first thing this morning and are on the way from Utah (2nd day UPS, there is no overnight where we live). So we are looking to get the shop back up and running very soon (it's the lathe, a vital tool).

Quite a few units (to us it's quite a few) sitting here built and tested but needing that hardwood bottom (a lathe item). So, we should be back up to speed soon with a couple of days delay in any predicted ship times. E-mails will be sent shortly to most folks affected.

A big thanks to everybody for being patient. These things take time to build. And life just likes to mess things up once in a while.

This tool outage is unrelated to our other update. :)

We will be taking new orders in early April. Gonna take some time to catch up with the current production list and cut the lead time down on future orders. Maybe even find a few hours to start the new workshop and try and get this off the dining table. Not taking any time off (almost never do), just not taking new orders for a bit.

Now back to work doing non-lathe stuff, lots to keep me busy... :cool:

Purple-Days,

Ben

Take your time Tom.

This will help you to make a break on some precise stuffs. :/
It will also break some kind of routine. it's good when things change from time to time. ;)

And it is true that it sounds like a good idea to get your workshop finally equiped :cool:

Bon courage :peace:

Ben,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
It would be nice to get a little time off, but that's not what we're doing. Ben, I like your attitude. Yours too Stickstones! Wish we could. Maybe someday. :rolleyes:
Not to worry though, we still make time for the important stuff. :cool:

Pammy-Days,

Ben

Pammy-Days said:
It would be nice to get a little time off, but that's not what we're doing. (...)
Not to worry though, we still make time for the important stuff. :cool:
I've understood on this thread that usually, Ladies prefer what is behind the green door
1500426_toms_door.jpg

rather than what is behind the blue door
82534630za9.gif

Ask tom to get his workshop done ;) :lol:

Ben,

Purple-Days

Only the original Purple bottom Cherry units come with a wood-burned logo standard. Other woods and Paisley bottom Cherry units are standard with no logo. Special requests can be made by e-mail, such as Purple with no logo or Paisley with.

Purple-Days,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
Hello there Tom, I was wondering if such a thing as renewable wood exists and if so are your woods that way inclined ? :)

82534630za9.gif

^^ Thats funny. :lol: Dont go to sleep kids !

JohnnyVape,

Frickr

i got alot of reading to get caught up on since i havent been able to access the computer for a week, but when i get back to my place, i will snap some pictures of my glass pd stems i made. i had some glass tubing laying aroudn my house that happened to be the same size as the stainless steel on the pd tubes. they have become my new favorite excessory.

The "hot sauna" taste has been removed, and i can taste more of my vapor like (something that i sort have missed with the pd thinking its mostly inpart due to the small bowl size) it also cools the vapor more even.

once again, i will get some pictures posted up as soon as i get home tomorrow and can snap a few pictures.

Frickr,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hell ya..always glad to give other vaporists ideas :cool:

if u didnt see my pic. of the glass PD stem attachment I have then congrats on coming up with the idea

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

i just looked at a few mins ago hen, but i noticed you still used the pd stem with a glass tube attatched to that. if you take a torch, the small handheld propane ones, and use a nail, you can make 4 small dents in the glass tubing to form a bowl.

or thats how i managed to make mine. i love the all glass stem. the taste is much 'cleaner' and cooler

if you guys dont mind a crappy cellphone pic, i can run out to my car and snap a picture or two of my stems?

Frickr,

Frickr

378818920_1308323113_0.jpg

The straight one, my favorite:p

378818973_1308323291_0.jpg

378819008_1308323407_0.jpg

for comparison.

taste - seemingly more flavorful
heat - takes longer to heat the glass to vaporize well, juse leave it in the vape for a few mins before pulling eleviates this problem
coolness - vapor is cooler then with the normal tube and can see the vapor coming up [fits in the coolness part too i think:lol:]

Frickr,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
Very cool - nice work ! :D

Do you use a screen inside the glass stem or no need ? Pardon my newbishness i havent bought my PD yet. :ninja:

JohnnyVape,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
problem is...my glass stem is too small for that. ill have to find more...

edit//// holy shit I just realized that the glass part is the bowl...I thought you attached it to the stem like me..oops

so sic that you made that!!! :o I want one

I hope its boro. glass...that is pretty much the strongest type of glass

also, is it very air tight? :/

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

no screen the dimpled glass holds the material just find, just have to make sure to suck up a little larger piece first as smaller stuff tends to get sucked in your mouth. but i say its no different then packing a normal glass pipe where a little bigger chunk on the bottom will keep the ash from coming through.

videos coming soon!

p.s. i cheated on my pd with my pipe on my trip out. im at a noncannabis accepting place right now so i couldnt wait for the pd to warm up a half hour in my car so i settled for 2 quick hits out of my spoon.

Frickr,

Frickr

Hennessy1414 said:
problem is...my glass stem is too small for that. ill have to find more...

edit//// holy shit I just realized that the glass part is the bowl...I thought you attached it to the stem like me..oops

so sic that you made that!!! :o I want one

I hope its boro. glass...that is pretty much the strongest type of glass

also, is it very air tight? :/
yes it is pyrex glass. any lab supply store has it.

and it has about the same sloppiness in the pd as the normal stems. but hold it with your finger and it seals just the same also. its all i use and want to use. if people want, im sure i could get some more tubing and fab up a few. ive been experimenting with different bowl depths since the inside wall is smaller than the stainless steel on the normal tubes. the straight one is a bit longer and holds ruffly the same amount and in my opinion is just about right.

takes me on average 3 - 5 good pulls to empty a bowl, mostly because im frugal, and i pack them on the tighter side.

Frickr,
Top Bottom