Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

gak hater

Purple-Days said:
Been having fun with some new tools this week. Thanks to prompting from one of our down under friends I have been trying to improve the vapor stems.
does this mean a new version of the stems will be available soon??:cool:

i just wanted to give out a shout to tom for making a very nice product..
you have another very satisfied customer here.. i really don't have much to add that already hasn't been talked about already in this thread.
i look at this vape as taking the place of my old one-hitter
and it does a great job of it!

gak hater,

WavyGravy

does anyone know if the PD from vapenow is with a leather bottom or just wood, cause the picture on the site shows the vegan version even though i know those arent produced anymore.

WavyGravy,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sure that if Vapenow had any Vegans, they're long gone. I think Vapenow only gets the standard Cherry model with purple bottom.

max,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant

That's right Max! Vapenow gets the original Purple-Days Cherry with a purple leather bottom and a wood-burned logo on the front.

Happy Valentine's Day early. :peace:

Pammy-Days,

Purple-Days

There are a few Rat-Finks around here.

When you get to my age, the birthdays are supposed to pass quietly.

A huge thanks to all who made it such a special day. Wow, never, ever... that was awesome. :o

Quite a lot done in the last two days, well over 24 hours, no complaints (of course),but I did get a great diner last night and some new Chuck Taylor's and Wrangler jeans and three Carhartt T=shirts (really nice, yeah in my world underwear is a great present) and Pammy says there are a couple of Zappa DVDs on the way.

'Nough. Thanks again to everyone for a fantastic year in our life!

Purple-Days,

High n Dry

i was cruising around on another forum and this caught my eye... guy posted up about getting a PD and saying PD= metal lungs? and now him and his gf have a metallic taste when they exhales over thier taste buds? i have not experience any metallic taste in my mouth. the taste that i get is flavorful tasty vapors from my herb heres there post http://boards.cannabis.com/vaporizer-lounge/167844-purple-days-metal-lungs.html

High n Dry,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
:lmao: so cute reading posts like those when people are truly experiencing such a pure flavor...any taste at all is attributed to the aromatics of the wood...which I personally (and a whole lotta members on this forum) think it's a nice taste/aroma that only adds to the ;pd;'s classiness :cool:

Read all 73 pages and tell me I'm wrong :)

:peace: & ;pd;

edit//// oh and they were probally vaping schwag anyhow :2c:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm laughing at those ding-dongs over there. Half those guys think the OP is talking about a purple strain he is using! Why would someone go there to ask a question about the PD?

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Cannabis.com isn't a great source for vapor info (what is, besides FC? :brow: ), but it is typical. And if weren't for that site and its vape section, this thread wouldn't have started as soon as it did. May not have started at all. Tom first posted about his PD on a couple of sites last April (correct me if I'm wrong Tom), and Cannabis.com was one. Since he was new to forums and their sponsor hook-ups, he got booted off temporarily. But I saw his post and followed him to his site. Being a fan of the small businessman, as well as intrigued with the PD, I suggested he try this forum, since I felt like vtac, with no sponsors or rules (at the time) other than 'be nice', would welcome informational posts from a vape maker like Tom. vtac did, and here we are. So if not for cannabis.com, the PD train probably would have taken a lot longer to pick up steam and get rolling.

There are also a couple of good PD threads threads there, and I've steered a few people over here (just as Spiral has done over at mj.com) and to the PD. rocky is one cannabis.com viewer that comes to mind. There are also a couple of other PD owners over there who promote Tom's vape when appropriate. So there is a solid PD presence there, despite the occasional 'ding dong'. :lol:

max,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
Greetings,

I'm posting to report that my PD finally arrived. A Cherry one! :D
88 days after posting, due to the "efficiency" of the postal and customs services here!:rolleyes:

I will not write another review that many have already done and said everything I can now see by myself:
The PD is actually very efficient! Got great hits from it.
No matter how many hits you take, the unit continues evenly delivering the required heat to do it again.

I do not know if I'm packing lightly, but a lot of the material has been falling down the heat exchanger interior, compeling me to tap its bottom for the material to fall back and not start burning.

I noticed that the material must be finely grinded, otherwise the hits are weakened. Am I right?

Im reading the firsts pages of the thread again to find out how to improve my usage.:brow:

The PD is very beautiful and pleasant to the touch and vision.

Great product.

Tom and Pam always in great care.

A very satisfied customer here!

UrutuBsb,

Illumination

Hennessy, if I remember correctly didn't you change your screens out? What did you use as a replacement? I took the screen out of one of my tubes to see if I could clean it a little better and I lost it literally seconds after taking it out :(

Hell, maybe somebody else could even answer this for me

EDIT: I think my question has already been answered in that PD tips and tricks thread. I'll pick up some pipe screens sometime.

Illumination,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
get any stainless steel screen and cut it to the size of those round clips that sandwiched the original screen you lost

get it nice and round...then fit that sucker in there :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

:lol: 88 DAYS ! Speedy Delivery. We are very happy that customs didn't lose it, just gotta blow off the dust and shrug your shoulders... After 50+ days we had given up, thought sure it had fallen off the boat. Glad you are enjoying.

On the debris falling out of the tube. :2c: I take a pinch of stuff and push it into the vapor tip, packing it lightly with my fingertip. If you turn the tip down you will not have any falling out if packed a tiny bit. Packed enough to not fall out, but loose enough for air to flow. Pammy likes to load with a Soda Straw action, assuring airflow, but still tamps the load slightly with her fingertip before use.

Uhhh, there was a question about 'new' tubes... NO, not new, just minor mods to the mfg process. Two goals: Improve the tubes, and speed the build time. With better centering of the bore they look better and I can get a more consistent round over on the ends, This also prompted a better system of getting the finish as slick as I can. Just looking at ways to improve, if only by a fraction here or there.

Here is a pic of some recent vapor tips in process. Starting with 5 foot lengths of tubing they are cut to length (white container) then 'dimpled' (blue ashtray) before going on to several more steps.

It's still curious when folks say,"Oh, I thought you bought those somewhere." Well, yeah we do. ;)

Purple-Days,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Purple-Days said:
Pammy likes to load with a Soda Straw action, assuring airflow, but still tamps the load slightly with her fingertip before use.
I use this technique too. I suck it up as hard as I can, then put my finger on the end of the tube to push in the bits that are hanging out. I get a perfect and consistent pack every time, and I also like not needing to handle the herb. I recently bought a 2-piece MixnBall grinder which seems to get the consistency just right.

Great to see the improvements coming along Tom. I find the striving for perfection to be a pleasure in itself.

hazy,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
im new to this forum, and ive been lurking trying to find a vape for me. i made the leap and bought a purple days because of the size, price, and the car cord is just awesome. i was just wondering how long it took you guys to get yours? i think i must have ordered at a busy time or something because i haven't been able to get a response from them. im extreeeemly excited to get it Im just impatient......im going to wait either way and im positive it will be well worth the wait

minnesnowta,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hi Minnisnowta, Welcome to the forum:) We usually have a 7-10 business day wait. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. You placed your order at 8:40am and I didn't get up until 9:30. It's Sunday morning, I didn't want to get up then. :lol: If you have any business questions email me. Thanks, Pammy :peace:

Pammy-Days,

max

Out to lunch
UrutuBsb said:
I'm posting to report that my PD finally arrived. A Cherry one!
88 days after posting
Glad you finally got it. I'm sure it was a shock (but a pleasant one) after all this time.

I do not know if I'm packing lightly, but a lot of the material has been falling down the heat exchanger interior, compeling me to tap its bottom for the material to fall back and not start burning.
My :2c: . Try lightly tapping your loaded tube (pointed down into your storage container) before loading into the PD. Then, for further protection, take your first hit with the unit in a horizontal position. That will help to seal it in the tube. As for the crumbs that do fall down (there'll be a few now and then no matter what you do), they'll get pretty dark, but they won't burn up.

minnesnowta said:
im extreeeemly excited to get it Im just impatient......im going to wait either way and im positive it will be well worth the wait
You made a wise choice minnesnowta. While you're waiting, read the thread if you haven't already done so. That's worth it too. ;)

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
well for now i have a ghetto rigged pd power jack....

I got DC M type plugs a radio shack and the damn things needed to be soldered!! arg...so anyways i just twisted the wire on securely then electrical taped it and then threw on the cap over it...pretty neat seeing as how I had so little tools and its still worked out :cool:

hahha Tom check the sig. :bowdown:

Hennessy1414,

bihsbihs

Purple-Days said:
Beezleb, we run on 12 Volts AC or DC. That means car, RV and boating useage are all cool. Just use the included car adapter.

We tested a 10 cell AA-NiMH batt-pack from another portable vape system (many thanks to max on this forum for the loan ;) ) and it will power the PD for about 70-80 minutes (from a hot start), not long enough to be useful IMO.:/ More cells (or bigger cells) would extend the range but the weight would start to inhibit the portability.

For the price of that batt-pack and charger you can get a Vapor Genie and get true portability only limited by your butane supply.
I use my PD to vape before class... it works great when it is a normal class (hour and a half) but some classes last up to 5 hours...

I obviously can't keep my car running to keep the thing warmed, so I was curious if you would be able to help me figure out how long a computer UPS battery supply will keep it warm. I already have one at home that I don't really use (I got it when i was running off a tower, but now I have a laptop, so a power outage isn't as detrimental).

Specs on the UPS:

http://www.products.geeksquad.com/pc-330-33-geek-squad-700va-upsbattery-back-up-system.aspx

It says it will give up to 30 minutes of battery-run-time... so if it can run a computer for 30 minutes, how long approximately would it keep a PD hot?

I know its bulky, but on days I do have long classes, I wouldn't mind keeping it in the back of my car, you know?

bihsbihs,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
^nice find...computers run on about 400W(there about) so I imagine the 8W's the ;pd; runs off of would last all of 3-4 hours..:/ possibly, I'm not sure but it makes sense to me :p
:2c:

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

run a small power inverter for the power supply so when you drive it charges itself back up.

Frickr,
Top Bottom