Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I guess it's really no surprise that this thread seems to attract so many intelligent and cool people. :)

CJ says hi!

:wave:

vtac,

ballin1

Hey all. So I think I'm having some problems cleaning my tubes. Specifically, I can't seem to get the screen in the bowl COMPLETELY clean. I've tried soaking it in ISO for 2 days, agitating the crap out of it, running under hot water, etc. There always seems to be a little bit of stuff remaining on the screen, mostly at the edges. Is this to be expected? Should I be doing something different?

I guess I'm just the anal type, but its bugging the crap out of me. When I clean my stuff, I like it completely clean!:p

ballin1,

ballin1

^^^ I don't know if that's a joke or not! That is one thing I haven't tried...but is boiling alcohol really wise? Wouldn't it just evaporate?

ballin1,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive had a couple tubes like that, i had to take out the screens to get all the stuff off

your best way to avoid this is to wash your tube before it gets nearly that bad, ill only use a tube for 2 or 3 days before it goes in the iso, my tubes stay nice and clean this way

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ballin1 said:
Hmmm...how hard is it to take the screen out and put it back in?
very very easy

BUT!

make sure your in a WELL LIT room with a LONG sturdy paper clip...stick your thumb over the metal bowl so NOTHING can fly out....good luck ever finding those small parts if they fall into thick carpet :(

set up a cleared space to work on..a simple well lit desk works great! now unfold the paper clip so its a straight line....make a lil bend to the whole clip after wards. now push your thumb over the bowl so nothing can fly out. push the screen and it will flip on its side. now you can grab the 3 parts in there with a hook or more slow pushing from behind to get them out (clip, screen, clip)

:brow: do whatever you do at this point :brow:

now to get em back in is a lil harder..but you now kno what to semi do so its a breeze. pinch one of the clips and insert it into the tube. make sure its nice and in there...nice 'n even. now throw in the screen...square it away in the bowl...now throw in the second clip...your good to go!

just make sure to be safe with the lil parts....they are hard as hell to find on the ground...epically when your all baked and shit

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
Hennessy1414 said:
...set up a cleared space to work on..a simple well lit desk works great! now unfold the paper clip so its a straight line....make a lil bend to the whole clip after wards. now push your thumb over the bowl so nothing can fly out. push the screen and it will flip on its side. now you can grab the 3 parts in there with a hook or more slow pushing from behind to get them out (clip, screen, clip)

:brow: do whatever you do at this point :brow:

now to get em back in is a lil harder..but you now kno what to semi do so its a breeze. pinch one of the clips and insert it into the tube. make sure its nice and in there...nice 'n even. now throw in the screen...square it away in the bowl...now throw in the second clip...your good to go!

just make sure to be safe with the lil parts....they are hard as hell to find on the ground...epically when your all baked and shit

Is there, in this whole thread or anywhere, pics of this procedure? (Yes or No, im kinda lazy right now :rolleyes: and will search later).

UrutuBsb,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
B1 - Hmmm...how hard is it to take the screen out and put it back in?
H - very very easy BUT! make sure your in a WELL LIT room with a LONG sturdy paper clip...stick your thumb over the metal bowl so NOTHING can fly out....good luck ever finding those small parts if they fall into thick carpet :(. set up a cleared space to work on..a simple well lit desk works great! now unfold the paper clip so its a straight line....make a lil bend to the whole clip after wards. now push your thumb over the bowl so nothing can fly out. push the screen and it will flip on its side. now you can grab the 3 parts in there with a hook or more slow pushing from behind to get them out (clip, screen, clip). :brow: do whatever you do at this point :brow:. now to get em back in is a lil harder..but you now kno what to semi do so its a breeze. pinch one of the clips and insert it into the tube. make sure its nice and in there...nice 'n even. now throw in the screen...square it away in the bowl...now throw in the second clip...your good to go! just make sure to be safe with the lil parts....they are hard as hell to find on the ground...epically when your all baked and shit peace.(periods added & spaces deleted in quote)
Henny, that was an impressively informative post (I see your experience with the PD is paying off--good observations)

B1, I agree with basically everything Henny said, except for the first line (I think that his description of the process shows that removing/replacing the PD screens/clips may be a little harder than 'very very easy'). Nonetheless, I remove/replace the screens & clips often (with a steady hand, clean workspace, and focus it can be relatively easy). Be careful not to lose any of the parts or bend the clips or screen too badly.

B1, I also use a pushpin (not a thumb tack) instead of the paperclip Henny mentioned.

B1, finally I REALLY agree with what Henny said about putting screens back in (carefully/evenly place the 1st clip in so it is evenly locked in place (where the ring is around the SS tip of the stem); then carefully/evenly add the screen; and finally carefully/evenly add the second clip--I find it helps if the clips face 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock relative to each other).
U - Is there, in this whole thread or anywhere, pics of this procedure? (Yes or No, im kinda lazy right now roll and will search later).
I believe there are pictures of the clips and screen, but not the removal/replacement process (maybe a vaporist who is grateful to Tom & Vtac/able to take & post good pics & instructions/interested in helping others/etc. will put together a PD screen removal/replacement tutorial with pics for FC :shrug: ).

Hope this helps ;).

Progress,

Jedu

After reading nearly every post in this thread I decided to order the Purple-Days a couple days ago, I can't wait! All i've had for a vape so far is the vapman (bad choice....) and the i-inhale (great for when I have time/need something on the go) but apparently the PD is a whole different deal. Just the fact that it takes so little time to clear a bowl almost sold it to me in itself. Also being able to leave it on/use it at any time of the day is a very attractive feature!

Well anyways, is the anything I should know before firing it up for the first time?

Jedu,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Jedu said:
After reading nearly every post in this thread I decided to order the Purple-Days a couple days ago, I can't wait! All i've had for a vape so far is the vapman (bad choice....) and the i-inhale (great for when I have time/need something on the go) but apparently the PD is a whole different deal. Just the fact that it takes so little time to clear a bowl almost sold it to me in itself. Also being able to leave it on/use it at any time of the day is a very attractive feature!

Well anyways, is the anything I should know before firing it up for the first time?
grind up some bud in a day and make sure its pretty course

other than that i would pick up high percentage iso alc..wash your stems in a large plastic water bottle with a lid! the purple bottle tom provides is kick ass...but it can only hold one at a time and its NOT AIR TIGHT...therefor the alc. will evaporate after a while

:2c:

oh yeah dont hit it too hard....but you have read all of this so you already kno most of what you need to kno :brow:

;pd; :peace: ;pd;

Hennessy1414,

Jedu

Hennessy1414 said:
Jedu said:

grind up some bud in a day and make sure its pretty course

other than that i would pick up high percentage iso alc..wash your stems in a large plastic water bottle with a lid! the purple bottle tom provides is kick ass...but it can only hold one at a time and its NOT AIR TIGHT...therefor the alc. will evaporate after a while

:2c:

oh yeah dont hit it too hard....but you have read all of this so you already kno most of what you need to kno :brow:

;pd; :peace: ;pd;
Alright, great thanks. One of the things I forgot to mention is i don't really understand how to dry my herb out. The top of my tv doesn't get hot and I don't have access to the top of my fridge (built into the wall).

Jedu,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
uh fuck all that work...let the air do its thing...trust me if you break up a bud...it WILL dry out. unless you live in a very humid climate :o

Hennessy1414,

sterbo

Jedu said:
Soooooo I grind it up and let it sit for how long?
All depends on how fresh it is and where you put it to dry. But that said, maybe a couple of days?
Best to just go for it. You'll get the hang of it in no time.
Me, I like a small glass jar w/o the top on. I grind, break it up by hand or cut it up with a small pair of sharp scissors. For the PD I grind it twice (thanks Spiral) and then put it in the jar. Then I take the scissors and cut it up to a finer consistency.
The two places I like best are on a window sill where it gets afternoon sun (nothing is finer than solar drying in my book).
The second method is a bit faster. I simply sit the jar behind my laptop computer where the heat vents are.
The soft flow of warm air surrounds the glass jar which acts as a convector.
Regardless of these or any method you hit upon just check it from time to time. Pick up a pinch and feel the consistency. You'll know when it's dry especially if you feel it when you first break it down when it's fresh so you have some way to gauge it from the start.
And last but not least, don't forget to stick your nose in the jar (or whichever container you choose) from time to time to enjoy one of nature's most fragrant wonders...:)

sterbo,

Frickr

Jedu said:
Soooooo I grind it up and let it sit for how long?
i keep my weed in a jar for a few days, opening it up every little while to let fresh air in. this seems to workt he best for me, but not when you want to get stoned right away. for that i just break some up and leave it on the table for a few hours and its dry.
but in the jar in about a week, the bud will almost change in taste, feel, consistancy, and desity of vapor. (even compaired to the stuff thats been dried out) the jar i got, is pretty large so thats how it dries it out, if you want to keep it fresh keep it in a smaller jar.

Frickr,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I went to the hardware store today and got 3 new copper aromatherapy tops at .69c each. Separate 100% clean copper tops allows me to really enjoy the uniqueness of each essential oil individually. My old one was caked in burnt stuff.

;pd;

Has anyone gotten the new Paisley-Days bottom? What do they think of it?

// Big Hello to Tom & Pam while I'm at it! Don't be working too hard now you two..... :peace: & <3

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Re: solar drying a few posts up... Sunlight causes THC to degrade. Has anyone tried some silica gel pellets to dry buds for vaping? I was thinking of putting some in a very small plastic container with some holes in it and attaching it to the inside of my billy bowl's lid for a quicker dry. What do you guys think?

Edit: oops! Silica gel is a respiratory irritant. Pass on that one hahahaha! :lol:

KeepCalm,

CapnVape

SpiralArchitect said:
Has anyone gotten the new Paisley-Days bottom? What do they think of it?
I've got one with each bottom and i prefer the paisly. The black leather is really nice and the embossed design is cool(kind of looks like a styilized P).

Peace

CapnVape,

sterbo

KeepCalm said:
Re: solar drying a few posts up... Sunlight causes THC to degrade.
Has anyone tried some silica gel pellets to dry buds for vaping? I was thinking of putting some in a very small plastic container with some holes in it and attaching it to the inside of my billy bowl's lid for a quicker dry. What do you guys think?

Edit: oops! Silica gel is a respiratory irritant. Pass on that one hahahaha! :lol:
Well sure, as does direct exposure to air, and to heat. Five or six hours of sunlight diffused thru glass is not likely to cause enough additional % degradation to matter much, at least IME.
But hey, it's just how I like to roll when I don't have time to let it sit open in a relatively cool low light environment for a much longer period of time... :shrug:

sterbo,

Purple-Days

Silica gel pellets (the stuff I tried) have an odor, too. Been there, tried that. Nice for drying ornamental flowers, not consumable flowers. :2c:

The Paisley has become pretty popular. So, we got the rest of Brettun's stock of the stuff. No worry about running out... I like it and put it on my new Ash unit.

Purple-Days,

420Downunder

Got my PD's today thanks Tom and Pammy, one is being given to a friend when he get's back from his brothers funeral tomorrow (both his brother and his brothers girlfriend were killed in a car accident last weekend) so hopefully it'll help cheer him up a little. The other cherry one is being sent off to another mate in Sydney on Monday, he can no longer smoke due to a gum disease that flares up whenever he does but vaping works a treat. The Ti tree one is mine and warming up as I type this :brow:

420Downunder,
Top Bottom