Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

redabob

bobader
cannabananabis, welcome to the forum, and the PD world. I'm glad that you found out the same thing I did. Once there is practice with these techniques, it just becomes part of the lifestyle the next day :p

redabob,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
Purple-Days said:
No Johnny, that's Astoria. Funny, I always thought it was filmed in Maine, till we looked Goonies up on Wikipedia. We went through Astoria some years ago, nice bridge, cool old Victorian style buildings.
Thanks for clearing that up Tom, I can actually see myself flying all the way to Astoria just to have a beach party on the Goonies beach lol, how cool would that be. :cool: There needs to a Goonies Guided Tour. :brow: Cheers !

JohnnyVape,

max

Out to lunch
eLiguL said:
I noticed that the Figured Walnut is no longer on the exotics page, did it not make the cut after testing?
Since Tom said all the walnut he had was spoken for, I'm sure that's why you don't see it. He only lists what's available.

And this type of question should be directed to info@purple-days.com, not the forum. ;)

max,

free thinker

I ordered myself a PD on Friday after scouring the net for the best vape at the lowest cost. Can't wait to get it in and break my vaporizer cherry!

free thinker,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello fellow PDers!

I just wanted to point all of you to a post that has pictures of something that can be very useful with the PD.

In particular, one is able to add a small 'snippet' of an appropriate tubing on the end of the PD mouthpiece. This allows one to have a tight seal when using their PD with a bong/bubbler (put the mouthpiece in the down-stem OR over the hole in the bottom of the bowl if there is no downstem).

The only problem I can think of is that the PD is upside down and the slight chance of material falling into the heat exchanger is no longer there at all (well, I guess that is not really a problem :lol: )

This post (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=16584#p16584) shows a 'snippet' (I love that word :D ) of tubing over a glass tube, but I am sure you can imagine it stretched over the mouthpiece of the PD (however, I prefer to leave an extra 1/4" to 1/2" of the tubing hanging off of the end ;) )

Progress,

eLiguL

max said:
eLiguL said:
I noticed that the Figured Walnut is no longer on the exotics page, did it not make the cut after testing?
Since Tom said all the walnut he had was spoken for, I'm sure that's why you don't see it. He only lists what's available.

And this type of question should be directed to info@purple-days.com, not the forum. ;)
It also says on his page that he wont be taking orders until testing is done, contradicting to say the least. I asked here because I thought other people would be interested in this information as well. Also, it was only recently taken off of the page.

eLiguL,

max

Out to lunch
free thinker said:
I ordered myself a PD on Friday after scouring the net for the best vape at the lowest cost. Can't wait to get it in and break my vaporizer cherry!
Wise buy free thinker. Just curious, did you find your 'deciding info' here, or another site (or both)?

max,

Frickr

well im hoping to be a purple days owner shortly. I have a few days till a check comes in, and after that this is my first investment with the money

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Frickr, you're gonna love the efficiency of the PD. What I thought was going to last me about 4-6 months will last several months more. I'm such a miser that I can't bring myself to use anything else because it's a waste!

stickstones,

Frickr

i hope so ive been just looking at it to long and i can't take it any mere i want one jus the durability of the unit sold me on this i love the youtube videos that are up watched everyone more than once in anticipation waiting to order if

Frickr,

sterbo

Hey you guys. Hope you don't mind if I climb on board.
I post a lot over on MJ.com and got turned on to this Forum by my friend Spiral.
I've been toking since the mid sixtys (California kid, born and bred) and made the shift to vaporizing about a year and a half ago when I bought a Volcano which I love dearly.
I'm a builder by profession and something of a techno gadget freak by nature. For me the PD came on like a storm.
I heard about it, checked it out and devoured everything I could find researching it, especially here.
I want to say that you guys are simply awesome. Like a lot of us, I've roamed through a lot of forums and the way you all present yourselves, the quality of your posts and the good vibes that are ever constant is really special.
So a word of thanks to you all :)

That said, I did my homework, ordered and received my PD on Friday evening last. Like everyone else it seems, my experience talking and e-mailing with Tom and Pam was impressive beyond measure.
What a pleasure that, in this increasingly jaded world, people like them exist. I am a true child of the 60's when peace and love reined supreme and they are truly the embodiment of that ideal. :cool:

So regarding little PD: I'm in love again!
I hope to write a synopsis later this week when I have a bit more time and experience with it but suffice it to say that sometimes in our lives there comes along something that is a life changing event.
Last night I knew this was one.

Catch ya all later, just wanted to say Hi and thanks for letting me join your little world... :peace:

sterbo,

max

Out to lunch
Hey sterbo. Glad to see you decided to join our little forum and the ever growing PD club. I'm trying to think if we've heard from any PD :uhoh: 'cano owners... A real David and Goliath pair :lol:.

Looking forward to your further impressions, especially consumption wise vs. the 'cano. Be sure to bump up the PD thread over at mj.com too. ;)

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Welcome sterbo!

Congrats on your new PD...it doesn't take long before you're making doe eyes at this thing, does it? :lol: Love at first toke, perhaps? Anyway, welcome aboard and I think you've definitely made a solid choice with the PD--it should compliment your Volcano very nicely. Your experience with Pam and Tom is indeed typical, but that sure doesn't make it any less special, does it...they are amazing people, and the vapor enthusiasts of the world are very lucky to have them.

I've never posted on MJ.com but I've read there a lot, and I must tell you that I've often found your posts there very witty, informative, interesting and well constructed. It's always a great day when another seasoned member of the Cannabis culture climbs on board over here at FC. Please do come back and give us an updated opinion after you've had some time to get to know your new PD. In the meantime...enjoy!!! Won't be too hard, I'm sure ;)

PS. What type of wood did you get, Cherry? I have a Tea Tree but I've been eyeing those Cherry units pretty hard lately...:rolleyes:

partially veiled,

free thinker

max said:
free thinker said:
Wise buy free thinker. Just curious, did you find your 'deciding info' here, or another site (or both)?
Both. I found this site from a thread on marijuana.com forums. I read through much of this thread. I watched Spiral's youtube videos. I read about the commitment to excellence by Tom & Pam, especially the quality components. A few people on mj.com said "if I had to have only one vape, it would be the PD".

But it wasn't until I read stickstones "Things to consider" post here that I was sold on the PD. If the only cons are the time it takes to heat and that it's not great for parties, I knew it was the vape I needed. After I read that, I realized I finally found a winner. I've been looking for one since August when I was busted and couldn't be more excited to get it in my hands.

free thinker,

Ben

Hey sterbo... I found something of myself in your post . (Born in the 60's too and happy PD owner since a few weeks).
Glad you took the step to vapin' too

Greetings from upper seas :cool:

Ben,

max

Out to lunch
I think sterbo's got a few years on you Ben, unless his parents were giving him a joint instead of a pacifier. :lol:

I see from your sig that we do have another 'cano/PD owner. Looks like you've got all the bases covered except maybe one of the all glass setups.

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
S - I did my homework, ordered and received my PD on Friday evening last.
Congratulations! The PD is a uniquely durable/efficient vape that is a must have IMO for any vap collector.
S - Like everyone else it seems, my experience talking and e-mailing with Tom and Pam was impressive beyond measure. What a pleasure that, in this increasingly jaded world, people like them exist. I am a true child of the 60's when peace and love reined supreme and they are truly the embodiment of that ideal.
That is very kind (and I agree with every word). It must (at times) be tough to embody the ideals of 'peace and love' in this 'increasingly jaded world'. It is when your values are most tested that is most difficult and important, for it is there where such values are forged (forgotten author) Mad props! (a.k.a. Tom, you rock! :tup: :lol:--inside joke...)
S - I hope to write a synopsis later this week when I have a bit more time and experience with it but suffice it to say that sometimes in our lives there comes along something that is a life changing event. Last night I knew this was one.
Can't wait to hear it. The PD may not be for everyone , but it is definitely unique and and is definitely for me. :cool:
S - Hope you don't mind if I climb on board.
Considering the polity, kindness, and insight you have displayed on your first post, I can confidently say, 'no, I don't mind at all. :D Welcome aboard!
S - turned on to this Forum by my friend Spiral.
:tup: SA seems to be a good guy :tup:
B - Hey sterbo... I found something of myself in your post
Me too :)
S - I want to say that you guys are simply awesome. Like a lot of us, I've roamed through a lot of forums and the way you all present yourselves, the quality of your posts and the good vibes that are ever constant is really special.
Wow! Thanks...That means a lot--especially to the Creator (Vtac) and the mods I'd imagine. It really takes EVERYONE setting standards for posting, etc. (as well as Vtac/mods keeping up with the demands and growth of the site through structural/organizational changes, etc.)--IMO...(it tokes a village? :lol:)

Toke it eazy (and, yes, toke it PD!) :cool:

edit: Tip - I recently saw someone who put tubing at the bottom of their glass upright which coiled around the inside with slits on the inside of the coil all throughout it (instead of the GonG down-stem it came with). I am not sure if cutting slits compromises the quality of the tubing, but feel comfortable since it is all submerged under water. Also, softer tubing that is pre-wettened is easier to guide into a coil with the slits facing the inside (feel free to visually approximate the coil while making the slits if you want this set-up--it would rock even if they didn't all face inwards, but...:rolleyes:). A spiral for spiralA's glass, maybe? ;) On a related note, I heard that MTV is coming out with a show called 'Pimp Your Vaporizer'-- :lol: JK :lol:
- This could also be good for someone who is considering an inline, but is not sure if their performance is worth their cost (I can't try many that I see because they are all brown/black and...:puke:

Progress,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the family Sterbo. Thanks for the kind words, from you and others. It makes our day very special.

Child of the '60s can be taken different ways, and your birth-date might not have so much to do with it in one sense. This is Ben's second or third language, hard to remember, he writes so well.

Purple-Days,

Ben

max said:
I think sterbo's got a few years on you Ben, unless his parents were giving him a joint instead of a pacifier. :lol:

(...)
You're probabaly damn' right ... :/ If we assume that your understanding is the correct one (as Tom said, I had understood it in a more "poetic" way :lol: ) I have to thank you for this correction Max. :cool:

I thank you because, even if it was a tough job, I finally found someone older than me on this forum :lol: (Tom: you are out of this competition ;) ).
And please believe me : it makes my day! :D

This is the reason why I do thank you especially on that point Max! :cool: ;)

max said:
(...)

I see from your sig that we do have another 'cano/PD owner. Looks like you've got all the bases covered except maybe one of the all glass setups.
And I'm thinking about enlarging my.... family :lol:

:peace: to everyone :)

Ben,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Welcome to the family Sterbo!!! ;pd; , :peace:, & <3

I'm looking forward to your lil' write-up on the machine. I agree, your posts are always extremely well written and thoroughly enjoyable to read. Not to mention genuinely thought provoking...

Hope to see ya' posting around FC. :D

SpiralArchitect,

vibes1952

Hi All,

I haven't posted in awhile,

I was just wondering....

Has anyone tried kicking cigarette smoking with the use of the PD.

I know the intended purpose for the 'original' design that Tom improved on was for kicking the cigarette smoking habit.

Anyone have input........

vibes1952,

Beezleb

The PD would not be ideal in my opinion for quitting smoking because the PD is not really mobile and its long heat up time if you take the PD with you, the car adapter is a plus though.

The ecig, I-inhale or any portable vaporizer might be a better choice but if you only smoke at home or if your near an electrical socket it probably would be good as long as it matched your tobacco usage in specific regards to where you smoke.

One good thing about the PD though, it probably has a better resale value than some other vapes due to the unique craftsmanship and vaulted efficiency. So if you were looking a vaporizer to just help quit with smoking and if it fits your tobacco usage than it might be a very good choice.

Good luck in ending your tobacco addiction. My sister is doing the same thing but probably going with the ecig as a PD would do her no good during work breaks which is a good part of tobacco use time.

Beezleb,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
" Has anyone tried kicking cigarette smoking with the use of the PD."

Email me Vibes1952 and I can tell you about someone who used it to quit smoking with great success. :peace:

Pammy-Days,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
Pammy-Days said:
...and I can tell you about someone who used it to quit smoking with great success. :peace:
Im very interested in this subject too. Not for me.
If it works well, anyone can suggest vaporizers to tobacco smokers, making vaporizers a very popular thing everywhere.:cool:

UrutuBsb,

sterbo

Ben said:
Hey sterbo... I found something of myself in your post . (Born in the 60's too and happy PD owner since a few weeks).
Glad you took the step to vapin' too

Greetings from upper seas :cool:
LOL, thanks Ben
Actually I was born in the late 40's though it's fair to say I was re-born in the 60's (hence "child of the 60's") :p

'Upper seas' eh, well I hope they've been good to you. With all the sea miles under this keel I'll run down with the Trades any chance I get: warm and sassy mate...

sterbo,
Top Bottom